[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"It's not real basketball"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 15
Who are the salty little faggots who actually think this?

I know my dad is one. Dude was fucking unbearable to listen to as the Warriors were ripping OKC a new one, draining 3 after 3. Instead of respecting this all time greatness, this salty faggot goes "It's not even real basketball".

How the fuck is it any less true to the sport than ridiculously tall ass 6'8 - 7'ft+ tall players coming within a foot of the basket then just slamming it inside. No precision whatsoever - you just need height and long ass arms.

Just cause the 3 point line is rather "new" and is being utilized more than ever doesn't take away from these incredibly consistent 3 point shots. Nobody took this many 3s before because they simply weren't good enough to hit them consistently.

Why do so many people have to irrationally hate on greatness in sports? It's sad as fuck. I know there's a bunch of people on here who do it as well.
>>
i have no problems with great shooters, but any field goal should be only rewarded two points.

it's too op, you don't need to be good at defense, rebounding, etc as long as you can consistently hit 3's. It covers up all of golden state's flaws, it's not their fault though and I love steph curry, but it'd be like if you saying td's from outside the redzone should be worth 9 points instead of 6.
>>
I don't get it. Reggie Miller was fun as fuck to watch.
>>
it is because Stephen Curry solved basketball.
>>
>>68035007
>I know my dad is one.
>treating 4chan like a therapist
>>
O wow, some legit answers. Thanks for not trolling the thread with garbage, /sp/

>>68035117

It's worthy of being 3 points though. They're far shots and difficult to make for most. Curry and Thompson are so good that they just make it look easy.

It's especially impressive when you're relatively short as a PG and often times shoot over tall ass guys, like Curry was shooting over Adams and Durant, who are 7ft tall and got ridiculously long reaches.

The football analogy isn't that great because there's so many variables involved with getting a long TD. Sometimes it's just a 2 yard pass that goes 80 yards. Other times the ball might be in the air for 50 yards.

In basketball they score extremely frequently too. It makes sense to have a varying point system depending on the shot. It also brings strategy into play more than most people realize. And it helps make for closer games for teams trying to get back into the game.
>>
>>68035210
>it is because Stephen Curry destroyed basketball.

Fix'd
>>
curry would maybe be ruining the game of basketball if anyone other than him could do what he does.
>>
>>68035007
I used to love the Stockton/Malone Jazz. The precision of their offense, being able to get layups in the halfcourt set was a thing of beauty.

But I also love what GSW is doing. It's also beautiful. Curry is AMAZINGLY, jaw-droppingly good. His 3-point accuracy should be marveled at and appreciated by ALL fans. And it's not just Curry & Thompson; the team ball-movement is also incredible.

In my opinion, the quality of NBA play was at its worst in the mid-90's. Anyone remember that horrific Knicks-Rockets 7-game Finals? It was fucking unwatchable, a contest in brick-laying. Fuck that shit. Give me the Warriors over that any day.

Lastly: I never, ever rooted for Jordan to win anything except the '92 Olympic gold medal. But I respected his unparalleled ability, competitive spirit, and desire to win. In short, I gave Jordan his due.

Fans should do the same for Curry. He's earned it.
>>
It isn't real basketball. It's a farce that LeBron and Delly will destroy.

It's incredible what Steoh and Klay are doing. They actually have the balks to take deep open shots we all knew NBA players could make.

But the proper response to this game changing ability is to GUARD IT full court and deal with the consequences of a tighter, free flowing game.

The fact that this isn't happening telks me the NBA is shit outside a few teams and they sometimes get trumped by athleticism and youth, so this gambling 3 ball style is working because it ain't a gambke when GSW does it

Fuck the NBA for enabling it so much with moving screens. The people in charge just want to sow chaos.
>>
>>68035007
>a fucking leaf
>>
>>68035945
honestly i think 00's was the worst, only one who really enjoyed basketball then were laker homers
>>
>>68035117

That might be the worst false equivalent that I've ever heard.
>>
>>68036035
It was way worse.

Bronze in the Olympics should tell you that.

>Allen "as long as I cross him up I can get a shot" Iverson
Weskest face of the league.
>>
>>68036035
I loved my Pistons thug teams dude
>>
>>68035007
>Salty craptor fan
>>
2bh I think its boring. And 2bh I cheap shot 3 point players all the time when I play. What are those manlets gonna do though lol
>>
>>68035007
There will always be haters, my son.
>>
>>68035007
you play to win the game. If a certain shot is worth more then you should train to do it the most. it's not golden state's fault the rule is bad
>>
>>68036218
>having to cheap shot a subhuman manlet
That's fucking embarrassing
>>
>>68036218
Manlets are the ones that chuck threes other than that one dude that always dribbled around a ton but sucks dick at shooting
>>
>>68036260
Maybe those cheap fuckers should learn to play a mans game.

>also calling a foul that you commit and not letting the person who you fouled call it

They had it coming for trying to "wrap me up" under the basket.
>>
It gives people a reason to watch and care. I don't live in a basketball-first state, so I've often heard it dismissed simply by "all you need to be good at basketball is be tall, there's no skill in that". And everyone would agree with it without saying anything further, because they all took that as self-evident fact at face value.

Watching the warriors shows people that there is still an element of skill, strategy, and that there is room for people who are not quite the biggest gigga niggas out there. That will lead to more focus on fundamentals and skill in generations to come, and even our big guys will eventually be expected to have great ball control and perimeter shooting on the same level. I look forward to that era, and for that Curry deserves a lifelong praise for transforming basketball for the better.
>>
It's because their teams suck at shooting
>>
>>68036469
>goal is to drive to the basket and draw fouls all game
>mans game

wew
lad
>>
2014 Spurs were the apex of "beautiful basketball", it's all downhill from here lads.
>>
File: canada dnd.jpg (42 KB, 400x199) Image search: [Google]
canada dnd.jpg
42 KB, 400x199
>>68035007
I guess your Dad didn't watch any basketball in the 1970's. Dunking was discouraged and it was a much more watchable game than the awful Jordan-Iverson-Kobe era.
Golden State is a kind of high-quality ball that would make Bill Sharman smile.

Tell your dad to try a little maple syrup and and handful of blueberries on his Shreddies, it'll make him a little less salty.
>>
4 point line when?
>>
3 point line should be removed and dunks should be made one point
>>
>>68036594

Why not take it a step further and makes shot attempts from the restricted area worth 1 point?
>>
>>68036594
Just add a Curry line. Everyone else gets 3 points from outside the regular line, but Curry doesn't unless it's also behind the Curry line.
>>
>>68035945
You know that the Cavs have basically become a meme shooting team right?
>>
File: Bt0xEUM.jpg (277 KB, 2048x1361) Image search: [Google]
Bt0xEUM.jpg
277 KB, 2048x1361
>>68036630
Or maybe we should minimize 3s by adding trampolines into the floor and making dunks worth 3 as well, jumpers are just 2.
>>
>>68036687
>guy goes up for a three
>full contact so you can just floor his ass and that's legal
I see no problem here.
>>
It's impressive but it's boring to watch if a team just spams it. I dont mind 3ms but Goldenstate literally can't stop chucking sometimes. They'll keep on dishong out to behind the arc and shoot 3's. Next to that is the occassional lay up when someone is open. You hardly see the warriors take a deep 2 outside of the Livingston post up fade away jumper.
But if you're the warriors and shoot 40pct average on all 3's, that means you have a expected value of 1.2 (0.4*3) points on every possesion. You'd have to shoot over 60 procent on fieldgoals to not pick a 3 every single time.

Tl;dr it's smart if you're good at it, but incredibly boring to watch a team spam it
>>
>>68036737
This is a good point like when I watch the warriors it doesn't really look like there making that many more baskets then any other team some nights but when you look at there up double digits. Shit is frustrating to watch if your an opposing fan.
>>
>>68036662
The Cavs use ball movement to find an open man for threes. GSW half the time uses that method, the other half is meme chucking and praying to the gods it goes in. By that I mean not even getting a solid plant or shooting a low percentage shot using basketball IQ. There are times where they are shooting like 14% from outside the arc and no one cares, but when they string 3 or more 3pt shots together everyone erupts like they've been doing it the whole game and their 3pt accuracy is 70%+. I have respect when they are shooting with good looks, I don't have respect for meme chucking.
>>
I'm tired of Curry getting all the credit. Thompson literally willed GSW to overcome OKC. Without Thompson playing out of his MIND OKC would've won in 5. Yet all the talk still is about Curry. Give credit where its due. If people don't have the insight to do that when they discuss teams (primarily the media and ESPNs dickriding of Curry) then I'm going to hate them and that team so much more.
>>
>>68036640
I thought this was how nba was played until I was like 16
>>
>get outrebounded
>get out assisted
>get out defended
>shoot lower shooting %
>get outplayed
>start chucking 3's
>win anyway

this is why everyone hates the gsw
>>
>>68037043
the other team should have scored more points then faggot
>>
>>68036737
That's because deeps 2s are retarded. See Russell Westbrook about deep 2s and ask him how that turned out. You have to maximize your opportunities per possession. Consistently hitting 3s at just under 50% or making space to exploit an easy layup are much more efficient strategies.

And how do people find this boring?!? It's fucking incredible to watch, and it forces the defense to be better than normal. It literally improved the entire flow and showcase of talent for the entire game! Only true cucks don't enjoy it.
>>
>>68037101
This
>>
You should be able to tackle with 1 arm in basketball

no contact is so shit
>>
>>68037101

because the shots steph and klay make are normally bad shots that defenses want you to take. The problem is they make those shots at too high of a % that all normal strategy goes out the window and instead becomes "pray steph misses"
>>
>>68036594
Fucking this. Make regular field goals 3 points.
>>
>>68037289
Steph and Klay are literally better than anybody else at shooting. GOATGOATGOATGOATGOAT
>>
>>68037280
>tackle
>one arm
Do you mean push

Fucking beaners
>>
Okay so let me see if I understand this right.

"Old" basketball was
>hold onto the ball and pass around the perimeter waiting for an opening
>drive to the hoop with single digits on the shot clock
>either make or miss a dunk or layup, if there was an offensive rebound then dish it back out
>occasional desperation 3 when no lane opens and there's only a couple seconds left

and Curryball changing this is bad somehow, and less entertaining? Absolutely baffling. That'd be like baseball fans complaining that only smallball is real baseball, football fans complaining that only slant and screen plays are real football, or soccer fans complaining that only hoofing it down the field is real soccer. I don't see how anyone could possibly defend it.
>>
>>68037451
You should be able to shoulder the fuck out of people and bate them with one arm
>>
>>68035888
How fucking old are you
>>
>>68037353
>point increase from beyond the arc decreased from +50% to +33%
Still not enough to discourage them from doing the same thing with the rate they can knock down 3s. If I remember right, the warriors make about 50% of their 2 pointers and 40% of their 3s, in order for the point balance at the same distance to outweigh their expected points per shot, it would have to be 4 inside to 5 outside, or even higher (5 inside to 6 outside, etc)
>>
>>68035117
No. It's more like a team going for a 2 pt conversion. If some team in the NFL could consistently convert 2 pt conversions like the Warriors do 3s, I imagine /sp/ would call them a meme team.
>>
>>68037457
t. person who doesn't know anything about basketball
>>
>>68035007

I agree with you, OP.
>>
>>68035007
>uses illegal screens to shoots pray threes
> goes 8/24
> implying he's the greatest of all time
>>
>>68037371
Maybe currently. But neither one of them even comes close to prime Kobe. Let alone even thinking about scratching the surface of Jordan.
>>
>>68036866
>not having respect for a team that can "shoot low precentage shots" and dominate
If the shots were that low of a chance they should be losing
>>
File: Choke.png (205 KB, 500x455) Image search: [Google]
Choke.png
205 KB, 500x455
I hate the Warriors, but "real basketball" was kicking the shit out of "meme basketball" over much of the series. The Warriors couldn't deal with OKC on the boards and couldn't keep them out of the paint.

And Curry and Klay didn't even go particularly "nuclear" this series. Yeah, Klay had a 41 point game, but he needed 31 shots. Still solid efficiency, but nothing impossible to overcome.

OKC really should've won this series, but their 2 superstars are notorious chokers.
>>
i don't know how you can't like high percentage shooting. They shoot at a very high percentage.
>>
File: image.png (107 KB, 680x655) Image search: [Google]
image.png
107 KB, 680x655
It's not real basketball.
>>
There's nothing wrong with it. The only problem I have with the warriors is Draymond's dirty plays and the team's moving screens which are illegal but don't get called. The moving screens is what allows them to get open shots
>>
>>68037869
Nigga shut the fuck up. Prime Kobe was a goddamn mason.
>>
>>68035816
Wait a couple years until all the kids old enough to be watching now go to college. They won't be able to do it but they'll still try and pull up for a 40 foot curry meme shot.

The talent pool is diluted as is. This is like poisoning that small puddle.

I'm a little salty but I'll readily admit that curry is the greatest shooter to ever play basketball. I hate it but that's not really the problem. The problem is going to be all the kids who want to be like him.
>>
>>68037529
Not everyone here is a kid. I'm 38 for instance
>>
File: 1453790819458.gif (4 MB, 320x335) Image search: [Google]
1453790819458.gif
4 MB, 320x335
>>68035007
Cleveland is actually leading in 3s this postseason, so how the fuck is this an issue with the Warriors?

Hell Gang Like A Mothafucka
>>
>>68035888
>curry has earned respect

What about the fact he's an uncle Tom?? What has he done for our struggle?
>>
>>68040824
Cleveland is chucking so hard so far it's unreal, Warriors can only wish they shot anywhere as many threes.
>>
The 3 point field goal is a bail out. Up til now it's just been a part of the game they can occasionally swing momentum or turn the tide for a team. Now, it's the foundation piece for arguably the greatest team in NBA history. It bails GS out of significant stretches of bad defense, rebounding and shot selection.

I enjoy watching them play but it's a little gay seeing them just chuck up 3's and draining them when there hot. It's basically indefensible and the games get out of hand so quickly.
>>
>>68039382
Fuck off, prime kobe wasnt fit to lick the sweat of jordans balls mate.
>>
>>68035888
/thread
>>
>>68037457
>soccer fans complaining that only hoofing it down the field is real soccer
This is what Brits on /sp/ spout all the time with their "possession football doesn't work in the EPL" schtick
>>
File: ezgif.com-resize(3).gif (4 MB, 300x218) Image search: [Google]
ezgif.com-resize(3).gif
4 MB, 300x218
>>68035945

>a farce that LeBron and Delly will destroy

How? Will LeBron flop every time Curry lets off a 3 point shot?

<-- Or will he play his patented 3 point defense? Done multiple times throughout the last few years.
>>
>>68039119

Warriors have garbage big-men though. It shouldn't a strength of theirs.

It's a weakness that will likely be addressed in the off-season.

Ezeli and Bogut are garbage. Huge liabilities with free throws as well.
>>
>>68037581

Good analogy.
>>
>>68035979

A fucking leaf invented basketball.
>>
>>68037581
>>68041027
It's like the football team that never punts.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/08/13/the-highly-successful-high-school-coach-who-never-punts-has-another-radical-idea/
>>
>>68036866
you sound like you're in that area of watching basketball where you're not quite new to it, but you still don't know what you're talking about.
we've all been there, newfriend. protip: don't just regurgitate things you hear on E!SPN, because it makes it obvious you're new to the sport
>>
It's boring to watch. I for one will not be watching this meme finals. I'd honestly rather just play dark souls
>>
>Drain Gang
>>
File: 1408309636714.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1408309636714.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>68041253
>>
>>68038661
See
>>68037811
>>
>>68036035
the pistons were my shit.
>>
>>68041115
>"Regurgitating ESPN"
See >>68036900
Do you actually have any fucking material to make a point out of? Or is your shit so weak you're left with nothing but insults?

Here's your (you)
>>
3PT shots used to be cool until Steph Curry turned the NBA into a meme chucking league. I.e. screen and shoot.

After a while it gets boring.
>>
OKC was beating them terribly in the paint and showing how you beat GSW. Then they just stopped because they choked. It has nothing to do with "chucking 3s is impossible to beat and is basically cheating" and everything to do with teams not using their inside advantages. OKC was beating them laughably. They couldn't even compete inside.
>>
>>68036196
>thug teams

There were a lot worse teams, that 2000s Pistons team was coached by Larry Brown for fuck's sake
>>
Thank God I don't watch fucking ape hoop by the way you faggots Are describing it.

>someone is shooting 3 pointers
>this is destroying the game because I just like seeing giant niggers doing slam dunks
>I hate teams like the spurs, I can't jerk off to the idea of a nigger fucking my wife unless I see slam dunks and no defense
>>
>>68042211
I legit think passing to kantor in the last 5 minutes of okc-gsw Gane 6 would've won the blunders the game.
>>
>>68037581
If no one can stop you from pumping in a 2 point conversion then there is no reason not to do it
>>
>>68040844
This fucking wannabe nigger again. What have you done for the struggle except label niggers who are successful uncle toms.
>>
>>68035007
Its really upsetting when only 2 players beat a whole team. I give it to the Warriors. They are monsters at the 3 pt line but the were made little prison bitches inside of the 3 pt line. Its like the team youre playing against in baseball hitting home runs on you everytime they are up to bat and you guys only getting an occasional in the park home run. It is just upsetting and defeating.
>>
I live in San Jose. I hate the god damn warriors. I remember 3-4 years ago everyone here nut rided the Lakers. Then the Clippers. Now Golden State. Most of the "fans" don't actually care about basketball, they are bandwagoners. On top of that, you have the whole whiteness of Curry, and that has a lot of appeal to a lot of people who have a problem with black athletes. Fuck the Warriors.
>>
>>68042514
Yeah that's why I watch baseball, no nigs
>>
>>68042510
>>68042514
>these ''arguments''

Curry haters are faggots lmao
>>
>>68036474
It's literally what's going on in Europe and it's boring as shit. Watching a bunch of faggots shoot threes is less entertaining than watching a freak of nature jump 50 inches to dunk
>>
Allen Iverson in his prime or Curry
>>
>>68042613
You dumb fucking Jew bastard, none of those European pretty boys are half as good as Chef Curry
>>
>>68042661
Steph Curry 10 times out of 10.
>>
>>68042661
allen iverson is great but very inconsistent

curry would shred iverson 1v1
>>
>>68042684
Didn't say they were you fat american cheeseburger. I said the style of play in europe is what that other guy said the nba will become and it will be good. It won't be good it will be boring and the nba will fall from the public interest until another jordan/lebron will come along and make the sport exciting again
>>
>>68042730
Oh, then you're just a faggot comparing Israeli apples to superior AMERICAN oranges. Get fucked, you cowards have no idea what you're even complaining about.
>>
>>68042756
Are you autistic?
>>
Hey Jew
So is David Blatt a good coach over Tyrone Poo in Lue
>>
>>68042714
>>68042697

literally kill yourselves

Iverson would wreck his ass
>>
Basketball sucks
>>
>>68035178
This, seriously.
90% of /sp/ is 13 years old though.
>>
>>68042497
You realize this has become a meme at this point?
>>
>kobr
>>
>>68040884
>not knowing what a Mason is
>>
If a white guy was playing like Curry everyone here would love him
>>
>>68051071
or if it was a black guy

white people hate curry cos hes black
black people hate curry cos hes lightskin
>>
Stephy Curry is great like Adam Vinatieri is great.

Come at me memesters.
>>
>>68036737
It's racist to use math you nazi.
>>
File: KhnMTh.jpg (549 KB, 2764x3157) Image search: [Google]
KhnMTh.jpg
549 KB, 2764x3157
3 pointers are bullshit. Having some scrawny niglets shooting from a mile away is boring as fuck.

3 pointers should be banned.
>>
>>68052346
having huge black men fill the paint and layup like it's nothing is boring as fuck. at least the 3 takes skill
>>
>Retards and autists hate GS for "ruining the game" and "muh every team is going to start doing this"

I wasn't aware that any other team has the two greatest shooters of all time
>>
>>68040818
fucking lmao, that's ridiculous
>>
>>68037581
no it's not. that's a way worse analogy than the one you're referencing. they're both fucking awful but yours is way fucking worse

just when i thought sp couldn't get dumber, i see this fucking utter retardation
>>
>>68052346
post more bitch
>>
i really am okay with all these 3's

i just fucking despise steph curry personally. i'm okay with klay
>>
File: 984768wew8309875.jpg (70 KB, 488x624) Image search: [Google]
984768wew8309875.jpg
70 KB, 488x624
>>68035210
He solved an aspect the small mans game for sure. And he's got the spine to drive his game home in the sense he'll finish you and hold nothing back.

But as the wise words of the ancient late 90's/early 00's practitioners of hip hop once stated.....haters gonna hate
>>
File: 1464480550185.jpg (114 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1464480550185.jpg
114 KB, 640x640
First of all, the Warriors aren't even really meme chuckers at all. On average, 30-50 of their usual 110-120 points come from meme shots. That means over half of their points come from short and mid range. The only elite meme shooters on the team are Klay and Curry, everyone else scores primarily in close range and only takes a meme shot when they're wide fucking open, which they may still miss. So idk where this idea that "they're only good at meme shots" comes from. Draymond, Iggy, Speights, and Bogut all play old school post-up paint game, Barnes and Livingston play like a shooting guard from the early 2000s, lost of contested fadeaway jumpers. Even Curry puts the ball on the floor and gets to the rim occasionally. They all regularly score off of unguarded backdoor outlets into layups. They're not quite as fun as LeBron dunking the shit out of every fast break, but Bogut gets plenty of put back dunks and nasty blocks in the post. They're also the best passing team I've ever seen, they're like the Steve Nash Suns + the Beautiful Basketball Spurs. Their defense is pretty great too, it was crazy seeing Kevin Durant get locked down. He looked completely helpless, everywhere he turned he was met with a defender. Pretty good team system overall and they're good at just about everything except rebounding.

My ONLY problem with the Warriors, and especially Curry, is the over-the-top dickriding that the media and the public give them. At least when LeBron has a bad game, he gets shit on as much as he gets praised for a good game. Curry is completely untouchable. When he disappeared for the first 4 games of the Thunder series, nobody took any shots at him at all. Somehow his insane playoff choking hasn't gotten him any flak. When Klay single-handedly won game 6 and Curry chucked up bricks all game, the headline was "Curry sparks Warriors to win." Fuck that. I hate media dicksucking so much.
>>
File: swindled.jpg (293 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
swindled.jpg
293 KB, 2048x2048
>>68035007
>Nobody took this many 3s before because they simply weren't good enough to hit them consistently.

Do people actually believe this fucking shit?

The reason meme 3's are so popular is because of all the rule changes the league has gone through. The sport compared to the 90's is pussified which is even more pussified compared to the 80's.

The sport has been progressively getting worse with every decade. Sometimes the only sport I can even watch anymore without getting mad is tennis because at least that one wasn't fucked over and isn't led by a j*w.
>>
>>68053394

how true is this argument?

I have heard it many times before and I myself suspect thatit is the case.

These days all thse mediocre PGs seem to have very inflated stats and values, and the game seems gears towards favoring these types of players.

I heard the reason is the rule changes regarding zone defense(?) and hand checking, as well as officials simply calling fouls on contacts that would have been non fouls in the past.

Is that for real or what's going on
>>
>>68035007

Same fuckers who said it wasn't real football when it when from almost exclusively running to the pass heavy game of today.
>>
>>68053724
It's completely true. Did you even see that ""foul"" in game 6 of thunder-GSW? The one that let curry take 3 free throws when it was close?

His arm barely got grazed. You can't defend against meme 3's when the rules for what constitutes a foul are completely pussified.

And don't even start on all the ghost fouls where no contact was even physically made.

>try to defend against 3
>foul called

you might as well not even bother trying to defend a meme 3 at this point, the entire rulebook needs a fucking redo or just go back to how it was in the 90's
>>
File: 1446510293195.jpg (258 KB, 1280x1318) Image search: [Google]
1446510293195.jpg
258 KB, 1280x1318
>>68053802
>almost exclusively running
nope
>>
>>68054178
Posting cheater topkek
>>
it's more enjoyable than shaq elbowing everybody out of the way as he took nine steps from the free throw line to the bucket every fucking play because he weighs forty stone
>>
>>68035007
Post play is a skill. Too bad it's basically a dead art now. Most young bigs can't post up. Big men now are just there to set picks and grab rebounds, and nothing more.
>>
>>68053394
I would honestly take Bird, Allen and Miller in a head to head 3 point contest vs Curry. Steph just shots way more then they did. He is no better then any of them were shooting it. Fuck sake, he lost head to head vs Klay for the 3 point trophy this year.
>>
>>68060546
Bledsoe cheated? Cum in my ass faggot
>>
>>68035007
If they played the 93 bulls with 93 rules theyd be swept in 4 im not even salty it's the truth be. It to 16 rules and I give it to the bulls.in 6
>>
>>68060546

Cringe.
>>
>>68061259

It's just a fun little competition. Who cares.
>>
>>68061181
>Too bad it's basically a dead art now.
>Most young bigs can't post up

Why do people say this? The two biggest draft prospects this season, Towns and Okafor, are big men who are great at post-up plays.
>>
File: curry warm up.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
curry warm up.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>68037811
>shoots pray threes
How asshurt do you have to be to deny reality?
>>
>>68061336
Two rookies who just came into the league. Go check every team in the past 40 years, and see how many had solid to dominating men.
>>
>>68061336

because players like dwight and deandre were/are considered top tier centers without having any basketball skills beyond running and jumping high
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (984 KB, 3000x1684) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
984 KB, 3000x1684
It's meme bullshit because it wouldn't actually work in an era of basketball that wasn't pussified to the utmost degree (i.e. the current era)

The reason nobody chucked threes during the Jordan/Magic era is because you literally couldn't. The defenses were too talented and too physical. Even today we see beanpole meme chuckers like Curry shooting from the perimeter because there's far less contact out there. Put someone like Dennis Rodman on Curry and he'd be lucky to average 10 points a game.

The NBA has gone soft, just like the NFL. They want a more spectacular sport and they're changing how the game is played to get that result. More offense, less defense. That's why nobody respects this shit. All the memeors are doing is exploiting the sloppy soft defense of the modern NBA era.
>>
I don't know anything about apehoop (it's an awful, awful sport) but fuck me this entire thing just makes me crack up

It's evident this team have exposed a hilarious loophole in the sport and if the morons in this thread are right the sport will die because of it. Fucking good work, let's go worriers!
>>
>>68061443
Fans want to see points.
Yes it has basically taken defense out of football and basketball.
>>
>>68062053
>taken defence out of football
>7 playoff teams ranked top 10 defensively
>team with two shit qbs won the super bowl
>Von miller wins the mvp
>teams getting praised for building on the defensive sides of the ball
>JJ Watt continues to be shoved down everybody's throat

???
>>
>>68035007
I rate curry after this season and agree that he is one of the greatest shooters ever, but I admit I was salty towards him last season.

The gripe "old school" basketball fans have isn't so much with the 3 point line, weight of scoring etc.. as much as how much more physical pressure and knocks a player like Curry would have faced without having fouls/ejections/technicals being called against the other team. Obviously rehab and diet is much better than previous era so player like Curry with his ankle issues wont struggle.

In my opinion the Bigs and PFs of the 90s era( prime Shaq, Ewing, D.Robinson, Olajuwon, Mutombo, Oakley, Rodman) were 7ft+ and contested shots and protected the paint harder. Modern PGs would have to think twice about driving to the basket once they beat their man.
>>
>>68067347
Look at the stats of QBs in the 80s, 90s and early 00s vs this years.
It's fucking stupid what the refs are doing with the personal fouls, PIs and holds
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.