[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could be an athlete in any sport and time period, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 980x633) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 980x633
If you could be an athlete in any sport and time period, what would you pick?

I would want to be a 60s-70s formula one driver to be a total badass. I imagine it being kind of like the speedway squad clip from the simpsons
>>
i would pick being a modern athlete in something low impact but fun like golf so i could make millions of dollars while still keeping my body in tact
>>
>>68002004
e-sports in the 2090's :DDD
>>
Lake Placid, Feb. 22 1980, playing for the US.
>>
>>68002014
Modern golf would be my pick as well.

Comfy sport that allows you to travel around the world playing golf while earning millions.
>>
Boxing in the 80's. The absolute GOAT era of boxing. No one in this era could beat the greats from back then. Apart from maybe Mayeeather.
>>
If you've got a deathwish, there are better ways of achieving it
>>
>>68002004
thats an Indy driver tho
>>
File: bruhs.jpg (83 KB, 634x564) Image search: [Google]
bruhs.jpg
83 KB, 634x564
>>68002192
really was tbqh
>>
>>68002221
He raced in both, this particular pic is from the Indy 500
>>
File: pompey.jpg (114 KB, 1085x857) Image search: [Google]
pompey.jpg
114 KB, 1085x857
>>68002004

I would be a footballer, right now.

1) Playing football is fucking awesome. Camaraderie and bants 24 fucking 7. You stay strong and fit. What could be better
2) Footballers get paid more than ever
3) Even playing in League 2 (fourth tier) you earn like ~£20k starting and can earn maybe up to £50k - £70k if you're good and experienced (I'm guessing based on figures I read recently, but I think that's roughly about right). That's enough to live on, and I'd rather have an enjoyable life playing football than be stuck in an F1 car even if that earned more money.
>>
Definitely something in modern motorsport.
Maybe WRC or WEC.
>>
Tie between Group C driver in the late 80s/early 90s or a pilot in some futuristic WipEout shit in 2048
>>
>>68002210
But is there a cooler way of achieving it? I don't think so
>>
Football in the 19th century. Half time pint and smoke anyone?
>>
Late 80's and 90's f1
>>
Group B driver in the 80s
>>
>>68002004
congrats, you're now dead
>>
>>68002014
>while still keeping my body in tact
tell that to tigger
>>
i would like to be a williams driver in 1994 at the san marino grand prix
>>
>>68008229
DELETE THIS
>>
Pro snooker player.

>>68008229
Well, shit.
>>
chariot pilot back in the roman days... the best were treated like gods and it is estimated that the best chariot driver ever earned more money than any athlete ever
>>
>>68008229
indy pls
>>
>>68008229
Of course a beta loser like you would want to be Damon Hill.
>>
>>68002384
This, football is fucking fun and the banter with rivals and your teammates is the GOAT sporting experience.
>>
>>68002014
>>68002078

My pick would be being Tiger Woods' caddy during his GOAT years - absolutely no body degradation - all it involves is walking with 10kg or so of gear for 4hrs a day.

At one point his caddy was NZ's highest paid "athlete."
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.