[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Euro 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 14
File: Portugal.png (161 KB, 327x433) Image search: [Google]
Portugal.png
161 KB, 327x433
Literally WHO can stop us?

Nobody, that's who.

We're winning this.
>>
England, quite easily.
>>
England for sure
>>
you'll probably lose to iceland desu
>>
>nani
>cristiano 'disappear in big games' ronaldo
>all those other literally whos
>>
>>67976081
Ever heard of the word No?

>>67976083
Only countries in the Euros allowed to post here.
>>
>>67976101
>>cristiano 'disappear in big games' ronaldo

Portugal 3-2 Sweden
>>
>>67976110
it was ronaldo who failed to score against the likes of iran that put you in that mess
>>
>>67976110

>sweden
>big
>>
>>67976110
>big games
>sweden
While we're at it, I guess Iceland, Austria and Hungary are all relevant international threats capable of winning.
>>
Netherlands probably
>>
>>67976101
>nani
Consistently decent for Portugal, unlike his club performance. Same for Quaresma.

>cristiano 'disappear in big games' ronaldo
What >>67976110 said, he carried us through Euro 2012, he can do it again when we have a better squad

>all those other literally whos
>two world class CBs with two other experienced ones on the bench
>The best GK in the french league with the best GK in the portuguese league in the bench
>Vieirinha is Wolfsburg's best player
>Danilo is Porto's second best player
>Moutinho is literally top 10 midfielders
>João Mário is the second best player in the league
>Rafa won't be a literally who after this tournament

Only people you can legitimately complain about are
>Eder
>Renato Sanches
>Eliseu
>Cédric

But those are gonna be subs anyway.
>>
>>67976117
>one of the top scorers in the WC qualifiers

No. It was the team being shit that put us in that mess. And Ronaldo got us out of it. Simple as that.
>>
Have you got any young promising players to replace Pepe, Ronny and Nani or will you end up like Holland when your best players retire?
>>
>>67976068
Pretty strong desu
A lot of wildcards, though. It will either be a Euro 2012 scenario, or like 2014 WC, except there's no powerhouse like Germany in your group this year.

Should at least reach the QF.
>>
>>67976133
>Wolfsburg are good
>Porto are good
>French league is good
>Portugese league is good
>World class defenders consists of Pepe alone.

Nice try, can't wait to see your country get btfo'd by one that actually has more than one or two good players trying to carry the rest
>>
>>67976139
>Pepe
Yeah, Luis Neto was called up for the NT a few times and was in the WC 2014 squad iirc. Danilo can play CB and Paulo Oliveira from Sporting and André Pinto from Braga are good young options, too. Ilori was our best young CB but recently I haven't heard much from him, a shame.

>Ronny and Nani
Rafa and João Mário are already taking up their natural positions in the NT whilst Ron and Nani play as strikers, so they're the replacements. Jota from Paços is only 18 and he's a promising talent. I don't know why Pizzi wasn't called up but he's a solid player for Benfica and he's only 25. Bernardo Silva is one of Monaco's top players and he's 21. Agra from Nacional, Hernâni from Olympiakos and Medeiros from Moreirense are alright options, too. Bruma was being called the "next Ronaldo" a few years back but he has disappeared in the last few years. He has a shit attitude, so hopefully he gets that sorted and fulfills his potential.

Our U17, U19 and U21 teams always do well in international tournaments (I think we're world champions even?), so there's plenty of young blood to choose from. Just let's hope some of them live up to their potential.

We still need a striker though. Ronnie is good and all, but his age is clearly catching up to him.
>>
File: Final Squad.png (191 KB, 348x445) Image search: [Google]
Final Squad.png
191 KB, 348x445
we got this

ez
>>
>>67976068

Little spain will probably reach 16th given they're in a shitty group, but that's it
>>
>>67976161
>Fonte isn't world class
>Porto isn't better than whatever teams exist in kangaroo land

wew lad
>>
>>67976068
>Rui Patricio and Adrien in the Bench
Can you just stop? fucking benfica fags man...
>>
Delusion is our job, Joao
>>
>>67976220
But anon, I'm a Porto fan.

Patrício is just overrated by you Sportingfags and Moutinho is easily our best midfielder, so Adrien gets benched. I'm sorry.
>>
>>67976068
-----------------Ronaldo--Nani
Quaresma----------------------------JoãoMario
------------------------Adrien
-----------------WilliamCarvalho
R.Guerreiro-----------------------------Cédric
------------------Pepe---Danilo
--------------------RuiPatricio

This is the right XI.
>>
>>67976229
are you serious? even Renato Sanches is better than moutinho at this point...
and Danilo is great at CB.
Did u even watch last nights game?
Adrien saved our team when he came in
>>
>>67976068
youre missing two of your best players coentrao and bernardo. dont know how youll do desu
>>
>>67976232
Danilo ain't playing CB (nor should he when he's our best CDM and Fonte does a better job as CB anyway). Cédric is trash and we both know the manager is playing Vieirinha instead. Moutinho > Adrien, Moutinho has literally been the ONLY consistently good member of the NT, are you kidding me? Quaresma is inconsistent as fuck and Rafa is a gem that deserves a chance.

Fucking Sportingfags man.
>>
>>67976258
bernardo would never start and guerreiro is good enough to replace coentrao
>>
>>67976263
Quaresma has literally been the best player in our team since Fernando Santos came in.
Are you lopetegui or what?
And our only good CB is Pepe, Fonte is slow and shit overall, bruno alves is dead and ricardo carvalho should be playing in a wheelchair.
Moutinho has only played 1 game in the last 2 months and was utter shit yesterday
>>
>Nani
>CF

WOW
>>
>Nhonhi
ayyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>67976288
Quaresma has always been unreliable, he'll muck it up somehow.

Fonte is literally one of the best CBs in the Prem, what are you talking about?

Moutinho has been consistently good in every game he has played and except for Ronaldo, was our best player at Euro 2012. Not sure which games you've been watching.
>>
>>67976161
This isn't a comparison of Australian teams and Portugese teams. Australian teams are fucking garbage, literally nobody is disputing that. Your team is shit, you have like 2 or 3 good players in that team, the rest will be passengers.
Good enough to beat the worst, not good enough to get near the best, best of luck though.
>>
After last nights game I'm not not very optimistic.

Still, Moutinho OUT, Adrien IN.
Fonte is cancer. Holy shit is he bad.
>>
>>67976338
> Fonte is literally one of the best CBs in the Prem, what are you talking about?
Big fucking deal.
He's utter shit, that's why he's a decent CB in the prem. If he was any good he would not play there.
>>
>>67976343
>Smashed 3-0
>not optimistic

u wot m8
>>
>>67976359
> >Smashed 3-0
Did you watch the fucking game?
2 goals where flukes, that's what it was, and Norway was robbed anyway.
Played like shit until Adrien came in and even then they didn't convince anybody.
Santos is Cancer.
>>
>>67976356
>The prem is shit

wew lad
>>
England.
>>
>>67976385
>skill
>flukes

That's not how it works
>>
>>67976356
pmsl
>>
Rafa was ded yesterday. Adrien played better than Moutinho as well.

Guerreiro can't defend. Patrício is better than Lopes.
>>
>>67976390
Defensibly? Yes it is, it's on par with our shit league, even Cedric plays there.
He had trouble with that nigger striker from Norway. Lucky for us he has the same ability as Eder to score goals.

>>67976400
Yeah, keep believing that """skills""" win cups, not teamwork based game.
Idiot.
>>
>>67976446
And Cedric is fucking garbage in the Prem, what's your point?
>>
-----------------Ronaldo--Nani
Rafa------------------------------------J. Mário
------------------------Adrien
------------------------Danilo
Eliseu----------------------------------Vieirinha
------------------Carvalho---Pepe
-----------------------Patrício

>>67976232
Half of that is wrong.
>>
>>67976456
So is Fonte, lad.
They are garbage anywhere, just because they play there doesn't mean they should play starting 11 in the NT.
>>
>>67976133
>The best GK in the french league
>Vieirinha is Wolfsburg's best player
>Moutinho is literally top 10 midfielders
imbecile
>>
i love ronaldo but anthony lopes, guerreiro, jose fonte, danilo, rafa, joao mario WHO?
one world class player 2 or 3 really good and rest is shit
>>
>>67976473
Danilo, Rafa and JMário are good.
JMário will actually be the Euros revelation.
>>
>>67976465
Uh, no. Fonte is consistently one of the best defenders in the Prem for at least 2 (3?) seasons now. Cédric, however, is literally shit there.
>>
>>67976473
3 of those (Guerreiro, Rafa, and J. Mário) will most likely be transferred to top clubs this season
>>
>>67976490
Shut the fuck up you idiot.
Even Cedric has had months in the best 11 of the premier.

Literally, shut the fuck up.
>>
File: football.jpg (152 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
football.jpg
152 KB, 1200x1200
>>
>>67976543
literally every midfielder in that pic should be replaced
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10349501 .
>>
>>67976543
Raheem in for Wilshere
>>
I was actually upset about Fernando Santos calling up >Renato Sanches, but he was alright yesterday and I can see him working on the right side of the midfield.
Now fucking Moutinho, Fonte, Ricardo Carvalho, Andre Gomes and Bruno Alves need to fuck off our NT.
When our best CB is a fucking midfielder you just know were fucked...
André Silva, Gelson Martins, Ruben Semedo, Pizzi get in pls
>>
Bruno de Carvalho please leave.
>>
>>67976473
joao mario is literally our best player lol
>>
>>67976543
What is this fucking Barkley meme? He is not that good. He was extremely promising, and is still very promising, but he is coming off a shit season and has never been anything special for England like Wheelchair

Why Barkley?
>>
File: 1460795017765.jpg (38 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1460795017765.jpg
38 KB, 400x400
>>67976543
>No Alli
>Wilshere
>>
This thread in a nutshell:

Sporting fans:
>Sporting players ate the best in the World, they should all play in the starting XI in all games all the time

Benfica fans:
>RENATO RENATO RENATO RENATO RENATO RENATO RENATO RENATO RENATO RENATO RENATO RENATO RENATO

Other club fans:
>You're all retarded
>>
>>67976617
Moutinho is out of form, Carvalho still runs the defense, Gomes played well yesterday had a good season and spices up the range of options.

Silva and Martins are still underdeveloped.
Rúben Semedo is a hack.
Pizzi wouldn't add much.
>>
Moutinho is the greatest of all time, fuck off non-believers.
>>
>>67976101
>iceland
>austria
>hungary
>then england

big games yeah right start lubbing cuz tssuuu is going in
>>
>>67976385
>that cheeky gipsy magic from quaresma
>fluke

wew lad
>>
goat tier
penaldo

good tier
danilo
moutinho

cunt tier
pepe

worse than shit tier
nani and quaresma kek

literally who tier
everyone else

senpai youre not gonna win the euros with like 7 literal whos. look at germany and france
>>
>>67976703
Quaresma literally scored a screamer yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu3Sze1o2-c
>>
>>67976702
Let's all wait that these goals appear when facing an actual good team that presses the players.

Protip:
they won't
>>
>>67976571
'no'

>>67976604
I wanted Wheelchair in cause he does perform for England, he was great against Australia and Turkey. Besides, this entire formation is based on what I think Woy would consider 'experimental'. I had to include Rooney, cause he'll be in regardless. Same as Wheelchair, but at least he's good for England. Barkley is shite, but Woy likes him. I'd prefer Alli. He won't play Kane + Vardy ANYWAY.

>>67976638
Because Woy likes him too much to not play him at some point. I'm trying to make a formation Woy would use that could do something.

>>67976650
Yes, Wilshere does well for England. Though since you said Alli, I assume you're a Spurs fan and are blinded by ''''''''''''''''''''rivalry'''''''''''''''''''''''''''' with Arselel. I don't give a shit about what their home club is, I just want the best performance that Woy would play.

Get it into your head, Woy likes Barkley and Rooney, regardless. Wilshere is actually good for England and Woy loves him since he is like a talented Milner.
>>
>>67976068

>Literally WHO can stop us?

Literally who is the first thing that comes to mind reading this team sheet.
>>
>>67976081
>england
>winning anything

choose one
>>
File: rate.jpg (152 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
rate.jpg
152 KB, 1200x1200
>>67976732
>>67976571
>>67976604
>>67976638
>>67976650
I made several other formations as well, you autistic fucks.
>>
>>67976735
same can be said for england apart from pooney,vardy and drinkwater because of the lestah memes,kane and cahill i dont even have a clue where the others play
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>67976732
>Implying I'm a Spuds fan
>Implying someone who hasn't played all season should take priority over someone who has played out of his skin all year
>>
File: tfw no suarez.jpg (66 KB, 534x629) Image search: [Google]
tfw no suarez.jpg
66 KB, 534x629
Any Portubros want to let a delusional Liverpool fan know how good Rafa Silva and Guerrerio are?

Apparently there's an outside chance that will make a move for both this window.
>>
>>67976759
>walker
>rose
>wilshere
>dier as a winger

reeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>67976765
Guerreiro can't play for shit, don't play him at LB, play him at LM instead.

Rafa is pretty good, but I'm sure he'll go to Porto or Benfica instead of going abroad.
>>
>>67976765
Rafa is GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZN2RXajWVM
>>
>>67976776
>>67976765
can't defend*
>>
>>67976765
Rafa is good.
Guerreiro is not very good.
>>
>>67976761
Yes, when he does well for England.

>>67976770
Dier as winger? What the fuck you on about?
>>
>>67976732
>wilshere was good against australia and turkey

Why do arsecunts leave their general? He was literature anonymous, except when he was easily knocked off the ball and falling over (95% of his games in general)
>>
>>67976068
Where is Renato 60m Sanchez?
>>
>>67976777
he looks like javi martinez which is good enough for me
>>
Pepe will just get sent off anyway in the qf and fuck u up.

Ronaldo can't carry the team either so nani will have to step us a bit
>>
>>67976792
In Munchen
>>
>>67976761
>Hey, I manage the Argentinian Football team
>Messi has been out all season, but is now fit
>I won't take him because somebody else played
>What? Messi is better than X player? But he didn't play many matches so he won't play
>What? You think that's retarded? I'M THE MANAGER IT'S NOT YOUR DECISION MUMMY TOLD ME WE ALL GET A TROPHY FOR TURNING UP FUCK TRYING TO WIN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *SHITS SELF* RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MOMMY! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>67976791
>I literally pick a team with 5 Spurs players
>HUR DURRRR ARSECUNT XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>67976813
>>67976818

kek this sperging
>>
>>67976789
i meant alli fuck
>>
>>67976791
Not him but.

vs. Turkey

>Sky
>Rating: 7
>He only played 65 minutes, but to be fair he hasn't done too much wrong and when he gets forward you can see what a clever player he is. There was nothing fantastic in his performance and that's why he only merits a seven.

>Independent
>Rating: 7
>Started quietly on first international appearance in 11 months but clever on the ball and cut inside to force Babacan into a near post save. A major positive for one of Hodgson’s favourites. Caught late in one challenge by Erkin that will have worried the England coach

The rest gave him 6 and said he was positive while playing. The guy has played next to nothing and yet he's still able to get above average ratings for England.
>>
>>67976770
>being clinically retarded
The city of (You)

>>67976759
Yeah, sorry, thought you were making best possible England XI, in which case Barkley wouldn't have deserved his spot.

I think this one is pretty good, but Walker must go. It's a shame that Ronney is a must starter.
>>
>all these english flags thinking anyone whos not in their league is shit
when literally Sporting and Benfica are 1000times better than any english meme team.
>>
>>67976836
I know, but only way I can have the others in. Swap Wheelchair for Alli then. I have no idea who to put on the right. Vardy could, with Rooney up front. Since Woy would rather do that.
>>
File: 1456088736851.png (795 KB, 984x551) Image search: [Google]
1456088736851.png
795 KB, 984x551
>carrick is literally not going to the euros
>>
File: 1462378868409.jpg (19 KB, 479x335) Image search: [Google]
1462378868409.jpg
19 KB, 479x335
>>67976858
is that why they got rekt in CL and EL? even our 8th place meme team got to EL final
>>
File: r8 2.jpg (152 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
r8 2.jpg
152 KB, 1200x1200
>>67976857
It's stupid and pointless to make 'best' formations cause Woy would never do it anyway. I made some other shitty ones too.

This would be fucking crazy time for Woy.
>>
>>67976883

Walker out, Clyne in, Drinky out, Dier in, Rashford out, Kane in, then switch Kane and Vardy and this is pretty good to be honest.
>>
>>67976858
Portuguese league teams are shit.

I still think Portugal would beat England though.
>>
>>67976877
>is that why they got rekt in CL and EL
Benfica got to the quarter finals and only was eliminated by bayern because they were reffballed on both games.
Sporting played with they're B team on EL.
>>
>>67976883
Do people really r8 Walker? Clyne is much better.
>>
>>67976770
>Walker
>Rose

Who else plays RB/LB then?
>>
>>67976800
Whenever I read the name Pepe I just imagine him in his house or down the shops rolling around holding his face because he walked slightly close to a person or inanimate object.
>>
>>67976906
>>
File: finn formation.jpg (152 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
finn formation.jpg
152 KB, 1200x1200
>>67976899
So this?

>>67976923
I don't, but it's what I think Woy would do.
>>
>>67976977
I really, unironically think that this team would be top four in the Euros, and a definite contender.

Doesn't matter, I'll be rooting for you guys anyway. I lived there for eight years, and can't wait to see football finally come home.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 548x361) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 548x361
Can't wait for the game against Portugal, should be dope
>>
>>67976877
sporting will most likely keep all they're player and buy some good talent and will keep Jorge Jesus on the team, for the first time in years they look like a very very dangerouse side.

if we keep Jonas and keep rui vitoria in our sencond year with him I can see us and sporting going very far in the CL.

Coach: Jorge Jesus ( Top 5 coach )
STK: Slimani (Top 10 striker in the world)
CF: Alan Ruiz( Best U21 argentinian player )
CM: Adrien Silva ( SCPs captain and one of teh best players in the league)
DM: William Carvalho ( easily Top 10 DM when in form)
RW: João Mario ( Best portuguese player after ronaldo, will probably be the best young player in the euros)
LW: Bryan Ruiz ( has been brought back to life and is pure class )
CB : Coates ( Best in the league)
CB: Ruben Semedo ( Future NT CB)
FB: Bruno Cesar ( Great at crosses )
FB: Schelloto (Brought back to life and could play 200mins and still not be tired)
GK: Rui Patricio (Top 3 GK in the world, Portugese NT undisputed starter)
>>
>>67977030
This is just shitty bait
>>
The tsuman himself
>>
>>67977030
nice delusion
>>
every tournament ppl say portugal has a chance, they are the hidden favs. the black knights, the surprise team
and they always play soulless, choke on easy teams and so on

can anyone actually believe they can win anything after fucking greece beat them twice on home ground?
>>
>>67977030
>Schelloto
I remember watching him at Inter. Literal shit.
>>
>>67977030
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>>67977119
he was pretty shit in his first games for sporting but then he picked up on JJs tactics.
>>
>>67977030
those things are true, but u forgot to say
Alan ruiz: never even seen him play
William : hes in form like only 10 games per season
Joao Mario: will probably leave to manchester or PSG
Bruno Cesar: isnt even a FB and is shit at defending
Schelloto: havent watched him play against a real good team. only arouca and shit like that
Rui Patricio: not THAT good.
>>
>>67976710
That was a fucking fluke don't act like it wasn't. It was obviously a cross meant for JMário but by luck went in. Quaresma is fucking garbage that sometimes gets lucky and acts like it's all skill. Inconsistent and cocky. And his face tattoos are degeneracy at its highest
>>
>>67977341
>being this mad
>>
File: 1446252189488.jpg (163 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1446252189488.jpg
163 KB, 800x800
>>67976543
>boit de l'eau
>>
>>67977341
sniff sniff are you afraid he will rob you? Don't worry, he doesn't need to.
It wouldn't have been a cross on the moon, you're blind.
>>
>>67976068
Bulgaria, Russia, Armenia, Israel, etc.
>>
>>67977356
I am because he is scum and he passes that image off to the other nations in the Euro
>>
>>67977376
That meme has to die. He is a shitty-average player who played well in the past but managed to look even more shittier
>>
>>67977398
buah buah all my country should be like Moutinho being quiet and comfortable! We are very well behaved and cultured (kek) boys!

>>67977417
That's not arguable his career speaks for itself. However, he's a decent man with a good aura and terrifying skill on a good day.
Reminder he benched Ronaldo at Sporting.
>>
England:
Card, Kane, Rooney, Sterling, Wilshire, Carrick, Shaw, Evans, Smalling Jones.
Portubros:
CR7, Quaresma, Nani, J Mourinho, defensive mids and defs. Galacticos Portugales
>>
>>67977459
>Card
*Vardy fix'd
>>
>>67977483
>>67977483
>>
>>67977459
R A R E
A
R
E
>>
>>67977459
Woow
>>
>>67976133
>Fonte
>World class

LMAO
>>
>>67976133
>eliseu

As in that eliseu that played for Zaragoza? Hahahaha holy shit he was terrible
>>
>>67978093
He still is, but he has the right agent and is on the right club to be called for NT for doing fuck all.
>>
>>67978093
Also the same Eliseu that neutralized Douglas Costa.

Was he playing as a LB already in that time?

>>67978121
sniff sniff
eliseu tricampeão
>>
>>67978166
>neutralized Douglas Costa
ayyy
i'm benfiquista but c'mon son
>>
England.
>>
>>67978713
He did after the first 15 minutes by correcting his positioning. He usually committed some mistakes but no he's underrated
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.