[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RONALDO vs RONALDO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 13
File: B3C_QjVCIAAe9I_.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
B3C_QjVCIAAe9I_.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
IMO The real Ronaldo is better by far (C. Ron).

Champions Leagues by Fat Ron
>0 (ZERO)
Premiership League Titles by Fat Ron
>0 (ZERO)

Champions Leagues by Cristiano
>3
Premier Leagues by Cristiano
>3

No fucking contest.

Also individual stats. Check these out.

Goals scored while playing in a top league
>Fat Ron
>C Ron
356 (and that's only SO FAR, that could increase by as much as 100-150 goals before he retires)

It's absolutely not a contest at all. Anyone saying FatRon needs to see a psychologist because they are having trouble with delusion.

Yeah we get it, you grew up in the 90s, yeah we understand he was the big thing back then, yeah we realise that when you were growing up back then those were the best years of your miserable lives and you won't get them back again and everything that you liked back then was the GREATEST EVER such as the Nintendo 64, Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory and Saved By The Bell.

But please, with the greatest respect, FUCK OFF.

Saying FatRon > C.Ron is like saying that Messi is worse than someone like Batistuta, Cantona or Zola. That's how retarded it is. It's fucking bonkers.

We all loved the 90s, but let's not live in the past in a bubble of delusion. You can say you ENJOYED FatRon more, but please don't try to claim that he was objectively better in any way to C. Ronaldo in terms of technical ability, physicality, motivation or skill. He just wasn't.

I admit I prefer Zidane, but there's no way he's objectively better than the likes of Iniesta, Scholes or Xavi. It's just my personal preference because I grew up watching Zizou. Don't let nostalgia cloud YOUR judgement.
>>
Great thread OP and you nailed it. Cristiano is infinitely superior. No idea why anyone else would claim otherwise.

Other players better than Fat Ron in their peak:-

>Messi
>Rooney
>van Persie
>Suarez
>Lewadowski
>Zlatan
>Martial
>Aguero
>>
>he actually wrote all of that

sublime wew la
>>
> admit I prefer Zidane, but there's no way he's objectively better than the likes of Iniesta, Scholes or Xavi.
But he is.

I agree that Cristiano > Ronaldo though, and it's not even close. Cristiano and Messi should be debated along with Maradona and Pelé as the greatest of all time. Ronaldo is merely one of the greats.
>>
>>67968725
Sorry for taking my time, getting the facts together, and constructing a well made argument based on evidence and not anecdotal shit like "FATNALDO WAS GOAT BECAUSE I SAW HIM SCORE A COOL GOAL IN THE WORLD CUP 20 YEARS AGO"

Maybe I'm wasted on /sp/
>>
>>67968718
>Rooney
>Zlatan
>Aguero
really hope you're kidding
>>
>>67968785
>he took the time to respond again

transcendent wew la
>>
>>67968772
>Pele
I think you mean George Best

Hell, your fellow countryman Eusébio would be ahead of that fraud too.

Best, Messi, Eusébio, Maradona, Cristiano and then maybe, arguably, considering all he gave the game in terms of management as well as a player Cruyff.
>>
Agree OP.

Another player better than Ronaldo

>Vardy
>>
File: r9.jpg (21 KB, 281x421) Image search: [Google]
r9.jpg
21 KB, 281x421
>>67968672
You forgot the most important stat:

World Cup
>Real Ronaldo: 2
>Gay Ronaldo: 0
>>
>>67968832
Maybe if he keeps it up. As it stands he's not better. Anyone can have a single good season. It's consistency that counts. If he does it again next year and proves himself in the CL, you might be right.

As it stands, I'm not convinced. Still think Fat Ronaldo is better.
>>
>All the thinly veiled bait ITT
come on guys
>>
>>67968913
>He thought i was being serious

Good Lord
>>
>>67968799
Zlatan is much better than Ronaldo was.

>Wins Dutch league
>Wins Italian league
>Wins Spanish league
>Wins Italian league again
>Wins French league 3 years in a row

All while being his club's top goalscorer (except for Messi beating him at Barca)

Now Ronaldo

>Wins Spanish league with THAT stacked Madrid team consisting of Zidane, Figo, Beckham, Raul, Owen etc.

Not comparable.

Also Rooney was in 3 CL finals in 4 years and was the main reason his club got to them in the first place. Miles ahead of both.
>>
File: zlatan-laugh-o.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
zlatan-laugh-o.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>67968912
>A casual summer tourney for women and kids who are on their school holidays to enjoy
>Important

LMFAO, oh shit do Brazilians really think this? AHAHAHAHAHA OH WOW.
>>
>>67968785
>passive-agressive response
add this one to your 'to don't' list
>>
>>67968772
Scholes > Xavi >>> Iniesta > Keane > Zidane > Laudrup = Schweinsteieger > Vieira > Modric
>>
>>67968672
Its like saying Dani Alves is one of the best of all times because he has many Trophies.
>British know shit about football
>>
>>67969420
but dani alves literally is one of the best fullbacks of all time
>>
Well, duh. CR7 is the greatest of all time.
>>
>>67969479
cristiano pls
>>
>>67969505
TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
Cristiano is too much of a faggot to enjoy watching. A large part of sport is entertainment, he's great but he's not magical imo
>>
>>67968672
>Peak Ronaldo>>>Peak Gaynaldo
>Ronaldo: 2 WC
>Gaynaldo: 3 UCL
Consistency though it's were Gaynaldo triumphs big time. I'd say all in all they're about equals even though I despise Gaynaldo
>>
I thought one was called ronaldinho

Why does soccer need so many double names?

This is the same thing as madrid and real madrid
>>
>>67969587
>This complete and utter shit

Please fuck off. The point of football is to win games, it doesn't matter what you do, if you win games then you're good. Simple as that.

If you set out 11 pig farmers, and they fouled the opposition at every opportunity, had 1% possession and generally were the most cancerous thing to watch in any sport ever BUT they still somehow managed to win every game 1-0 then they would be the greatest team of all time.

Nobody gives a shit how "elegant" Messi is on the ball, or how ""amazing"" his control on the ball is. If you want to watch ballet fuck off and be a fag elsewhere. What Messi does is wins games and that's what makes him great. End of discussion.

If you managed to clone Messi, only he didn't have that final goalscoring shot or pass, then he'd be utterly shit. Even if everything else about him was a flawless 100% clone of him.
>>
>>67969631
>WC
see
>>67969031

If Cristiano was born in Brazil in the same year as FatRonaldo he would have the same number of WCs.

So would Wayne Rooney. Or Zlatan. Or any top striker in history for that matter.
>>
>>67969712
fuck off you awful philistine
>>
Ronaldo made the wrong career choice by going to Inter at his peak. He was vastly superior dribbler and finisher, in fact I don't consider Cristiano to have any qualities over Ronaldo besides longevity of his career, more ambition and better work ethic; but in pure football terms there is no contest.
Nowadays, since clubs have to pay a fuckton of money, players are protected from media and 'friends', given huge psychological and medical support, the sport is all around far more professional.
>>
>>67969031
Fox and grapes, etc.
>>
>>67969739
I agree the WC has become inferior to the WC in the last decade or so but regardless Ronaldo in his prime was miles ahead of Gaynaldo, he would've been top 3 in history if not for the knee injuries. Talent wise he has almost Messi's equal, no joke.
>>
>>67969818
That's like saying Kaká would have been the GOAT if not for his injuries. He could have been, but he wasn't.

Ronaldo COULD have been, but he wasn't. So, CR7 is better.
>>
>>67969768
>I don't consider Cristiano to have any qualities over Ronaldo besides longevity of his career
This delusion. Wow.

Things C.Ron has over Ronaldo:-
Pace
Dribbling ability
Ball control
Agility
Shot accuracy
Passing ability
Heading ability
Free-kicks
Penalties
Timing and off the ball runs
Crossing
Beating men 1-on-1
Scoring goals
Showing up in big games
Stamina
General fitness
Motivation, mindset and willingness
Leadership

And things that FatNaldo has over C.Ron:-

Tard strength
Shot power (even though C.Ron is 9.9/10, Ron was 10/10
>>
>>67969848
>who is better
Ronaldo
>who had/is having a better career
Gaynaldo
>and neither of them are even top 5 but Ronaldo could've been, Gaynaldo can't
>>
>>67969848
>CR7 is better
better career yes, more talented no
>>
>>67969818
>if not for the knee injuries
>if
Fuck off.

If Teddy Sherringham had been better than Messi then he would be top 3 too.

Your baseless assumption is tiresome. Ifs and buts aren't going to cut it. I could list a thousands excuses for a thousand players that ""COULD"" have been GOAT.
>>
File: your.jpg (357 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
your.jpg
357 KB, 1000x750
>>67969905
>Pace
>Beating men 1-1
>Dribbling Ability
>Etc
this is the stupidest thing I've ever read in /sp/
>>
>>67969905
>Pace
wrong
>Dribbling ability
wrong
>Ball control
wrong
>Agility
wrong
>Shot accuracy
wrong
>Passing ability
wrong
>Heading ability
wrong
>Free-kicks
wrong
>Penalties
wrong
>Timing and off the ball runs
wrong
>Crossing
wrong
>Beating men 1-on-1
wrong
>Scoring goals
wrong
>Showing up in big games
wrong
>Motivation, mindset and willingness
motherfucker was at risk of never playing again and recovered himself to become the World Cup topscorer and champion
>Leadership
wrong
>>
why do we call cristiano gay
wasnt ronaldo fuckin trannies?
>>
>>67969905
>Pace
>Agility
>Shot accuracy
>Heading ability
>Free-kicks
>Penalties
>Timing and off the ball runs
>Crossing
>Beating men 1-on-1
>Scoring goals
>Stamina
>General fitness
>Motivation, mindset and willingness
>Leadership
Yes.

>Dribbling ability
>Ball control
>Passing ability
No.

>Showing up in big games
Neither of them did.

>Shot power
I'd say Cronaldo has more. His right leg is a rocket.

You also forgot to say that CR7 is better with both feet.
>>
>>67969965
It's like britain started watching soccer 10 yrs ago, I'm amazed by his stupidity
>>
>>67970000
>You also forgot to say that CR7 is better with both feet.

confirmed for underage

Ronaldo was ambidextrous, 30-40% of his goals were with his left.
>>
>>67970000
are you 15 yrs old portugal? my god...
>>
>>67968672
Which of these two won a World Cup again?
>>
>>67970025
And your point is?

I'm saying CR7 is even better than that.
>>
>Cruzeiro
0 league titles
0 Copa Libertadores

>PSV
0 League titles
0 Champions Leagues

>Barcelona
0 League titles
0 Champions Leagues

>Inter Milan
0 League titles
0 Champions Leagues

>Real Madrid
1 League title
0 Champions Leagues

>AC Milan
0 League titles
0 Champions Leagues

>Corinthians
1 mickey mouse league title
0 Copa Libertadores

And you are trying to sit there and tell me that this "world class" striker is somehow the "GOAT"?

Seriously? No really, I'm not fucking around anymore, I'm actually sitting here in despair at how retarded some of you are.

I know it can be down to ""bad luck"" and it doesn't ALWAYS work out for top players injuries and other excuses, but this guy has won literally fuck all in a 15 year playing career. Absolute scraps.

That's not even average. That's shit.
>>
>>67970056
>blatant b8
cristiano stop coming to /sp/, go service your nigger boyfriend already
>>
>>67970074
Even Vardy has 1 Premier League title.
>>
>>67970074
>I started watching football 10 yrs ago the post
>>
>>67970055
Don't know, I don't even bother watching the WC. It's a mickey mouse tournament.

International Football is a joke, it's just a friendly summer thing to show how the world is all connected and we all love each other, spread peace and all that shit.

Real football is this
>>67970074
>>67970074
>>67970074
>>67970074

The stuff that's played week in and week out. REAL football.
>>
In Club Football CR7 is absolutely better than Fat Ronaldo.
Overall, no.
>>
>>67970114
>he disagrees with me with a perfectly reasonable opinion
>this means it must be bait
>>
>>67970129
I'd like to see you defend that record. It's absolutely shocking. Embarrassing even. Those are some of the top clubs around Europe and he couldn't win shit.

Or are you going to blame his agent for moving to the wrong clubs at the wrong time or something?
>>
>>67970159
>In football CR7 is absolutely better than Fat Ronaldo

Exactly what this thread is about. We aren't talking about their chess abilities m8. Thanks for seeing sense though.
>>
>>67970180
You have to actually watch football to give a valuable opinion, rather than just reading about it on wikipedia.
>>
>>67970176
I hope you were baiting 'cause your arguments are embarrassing
>>
>>67969712
>If you want to watch ballet fuck off and be a fag elsewhere.

no, you.
>>
>>67970201
I mean, he had (still going) a much better club career than fat ronaldo.
But if we have to analyze players on their skill and not on their trophies won, Fat ronaldo is better and it's not even close. If you disagree it's not my problem, but this threads reeks of bait.
>>
>>67970225
So what you're trying to say is, that despite winning fuck all, Ronaldo did some really cool tricks and flicks in these games and scored some BLOOTERS which you watched over and over again on youtube, which somehow compensates for 15 years of complete and utter failure?

m8, Gabriel Obertan looks better than Ronaldo on youtube highlights alone...
>>
>>67970180
>muh stats mean everything
seriously britain did you ever watch Ronaldo play?
>>
>>67970233
I didn't even make an argument, I made a statement, Pablo.
>>
>>67969905
>Leadership

oh, so you're just trolling....
>>
>>67970264
Do you even realise what you're saying?

It reads like this:-

"Yes you are right. Based on FACTS and EVIDENCE you are totally 100% correct. Cristiano is the better player. But if you ignore that objectivity, Ronaldo was much better and it's not even close."
>>
>>67970264
>we have to analyze players on their skill
You mean like the skill of winning football matches for their teams and therefore winning trophies?

Uhh........

So if Ronaldo's "skill" wasn't in winning football matches, what was it in? I'm dying to hear this.
>>
>>67970281
>can't defend my arguments
>I must divert the attention to something else!
seriously edson stop
>>
>>67970272
Of course they do.

Or are you going to tell me in my face that if Messi hadn't broken all those records and scored 40+ goals every season that he'd still win the Ballon D'Or all those years he did? No, he wouldn't. If he didn't break records and didn't score so many goals, the Ballon D'Or would have gone to the person who DID break records and score so many goals, Ronaldo.

Stats mean everything.
>>
>>67970268
>and scored some BLOOTERS

???

yet another underage ITT. Ronaldo was not known to score blooter, he was known to have clinical finishing, relying on accuracy rather than power, although he was good at both.
Cristiano Ronaldo on the other hand relied on crazy ball mechanics of post-2006 football to shoot as hard as possible from midrange and hope for the ball to fly in through foolish routes.

> winning fuck all

pic related
>>
>>67970272
I didn't say they meant everything. But winning is winning.

You might have a point if Ronaldo won 4-5 league titles and 2 champions leagues. Then it would be unfair to say Cristiano edges it because of that alone.

But he won next to nothing in a 15 year career. That's inexcusable.

There are 20 year olds in the game today who have achieved more already than Ronaldo did in his entire career.
>>
>>67970350
This.

If Messi won nothing, nobody would care who he was or even mention him.

It's because he scores 50 goals+ a season and wins the league and CL every second year that makes him the GOAT.
>>
>>67970339
>>67970350
Titles matter but they're not everything, it's a combination of both skills and accomplishments.
>>
>>67970376
wtf is with that hair m8
>>
>>67970376
>Ronaldo was not known to score blooter
confirmed for never watched him play

that was literally his signature move, knocking it past a defender then lashing it into the top or bottom corner

it's literally ALL he's famous for seeing as how he won basically nothing in his career
>>
>>67970350
but messi would still be the better player
>>
>>67970425
>not remembering based Ronaldo's 2002 hair do
is /sp/ filled with sub 18 yr olds nowadays?
>>
>>67970420
And CR7 has Ronaldo beat (literally no fucking contest) in terms of accolades.

And in terms of skill, even if you think Ronaldo is better, I don't see how it WOULDN'T be a close call between the two. Unless you hate CR7 that much/are blinded by nostalgia that much.
>>
>>67970420
>Win no titles
>Skill
What skill? That's a ridiculous argument and it can be made for any failing footballer out there. What is this "skill" you speak of? If he's so "skilful" then how come it's not translated onto the pitch and how come he isn't carrying his team's to league titles every year?
>>
>>67970313
There's no facts, everything is subjective.
Football is a team sport, CR7 trophies (and R9) are the whole team's achievement. You can't also compare current football to football from 20 years ago, scoring these days is much easier, there are stats to prove my point.

Most of the things listed on this post >>67969905 are opinions, not facts, but some of them are obvious bait like dribbling ability, pace, ball control, leadership, beating men 1-on-1 and showing up in big games (this last one triggered me)
>>
>>67970437
>lashing it

no, he carefully placed the ball there. his shots didn't typically carry a lot of power.
>>
>>67970454
Without the goals, records or trophies, all Messi would have is his amazing dribbling and ball control skills. You really think that most people would call Messi better? No, they wouldn't.

Messi is the GOAT because he has the stats AND skills to back it up.

Ronaldo has the skills, but not the stats.

CR7, again, has both the stats and skills.
>>
>>67970454
>Being retarded

That's like someone finishing the 100m in last place, and then you or some other retard on /sp/ saying "Yeah okay, he didn't win the race, but still he's a far more skilful runner. Look at that technique!!"
>>
>>67970494
>beating men 1 on 1 triggered me
he is one of the best I've ever seen
>>
>>67970494
>scoring these days is much easier
0/10

Defenses have improved 100000% and are far more developed than they were 20 years ago.
>>
>>67970517
>Without the goals, records or trophies, all Messi would have is his amazing dribbling and ball control skills
yes, you don't need trophies to be an amazing player, this is my point
>>
File: Martial11.jpg (135 KB, 1368x1026) Image search: [Google]
Martial11.jpg
135 KB, 1368x1026
>>67970533
>best ever
Might want to have a look at Martial, because he's head and shoulders above Cristiano AND Fatnaldo at beating men 1-on-1
>>
>>67970561
You can't be serious. Like, i hope you are not being serious. Please compare the defenders these days to defenders from 10, 20 years ago. Compare the rates of scoring from today to the rates from back then. 20 years ago scoring 20,30 goals per season was considered fantastic, these days you have shitters like Griezzmeme and Aubameyang scoring 50 goals per season.
>>
>>67970529
unlike sprinting soccer is a team sport and individual skill is impossible to quantify
>>
>>67970579
No, his point was that Messi would be shit without the goals and trophies.

You utter fucking spastic.

The only way it's possible for a player to be amazing and win nothing is because he played his entire career at a shit-tier club that never had any chance of winning anything anyway and through sheer loyalty, he rejected all approaches and transfers.

Ronaldo played for Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSV, Inter Milan and AC Milan.

No fucking excuses.
>>
>>67970579
Kaká in his prime was the most technically gifted player I've ever seen.

He's not the greatest of all time. Not even close. Not even top 10 or top 20.
>>
>>67970589
Ok I'm out, with this post it's clear to me this is pure b8
>>67970609
brasilbro just go, you can't argue with trolls
>>
>>67970533
I mean, he said CR7 showed more in Big games than R9. That's a flat out lie.
>>
>>67970609
>Shitters
Griezmann is already better than Fat Ronaldo ever was. I think you're trolling because there's no way you can be this retarded.
>>
>>67970640
Yep also true, it's all b8 man, I've confirmed it by now
>>
>>67970657
Alright, good night for you.
>>67970636
I will do that.
>>
>>67970620
>individual skill is impossible to quantify
Then why do some players get £500,000 a week when others get £50 a week?
>>
>>67970146
>Don't know, I don't even bother watching the WC. It's a mickey mouse tournament.
Should FIFA stop running it then?
>>
>>67970680
>>67970684
Maybe you two should both wank each other off instead of making stupid posts with no evidence to back up your claims other than 'UHH THIS HAS TO BE BAIT"

You've both been absolutely and conclusively destroyed ITT.
>>
>>67970705
so you think you can quantify skill by how much they get paid? this is getting ridiculous lmao
>>
>>67970741
No, because it's fun to have during the summer when the real footie stops. Also it earns them shit-loads of money because it's a global tournament where all the casuals come out of the woodwork to watch it.
>>
>>67970757
No, I'm asking you a question. Why do you think that is if all individual footballers are equal in terms of their abilities?

Surely if football is a team game then every member of the team has equal value and commands an equal salary, no?

Your logic, not mine.
>>
>>67970781
Regardless. World Cup wins > CL wins
>>
>>67970810
Uhh..... no.
>>
>>67970859
What? Forever, that little shit C.Ronaldo will be remembered as one who couldn't win the World Cup.
>>
>>67970810
Premier League > Champions League > World Cup > FA Cup > Europa League > Euros > League Cup > Charity Shield > Johnstone's Paint Trophy
>>
>>67970902
you're a funny guy
>>
>>67970896
No, he'll be remembered as the GOAT. Or the 2nd GOAT after Messi by Messi-centric fans/observers.

Another player who couldn't win the mickey mouse summer tournament which is decided by a postcode lottery.
>>
File: Red.gif (2 KB, 136x137) Image search: [Google]
Red.gif
2 KB, 136x137
>>67970902
>winning a Premier League has a greater value than a CL

Holy fuck. Talk about delusional.

Nobody remembers who the fuck won last year's EPL.
>>
>>67970146
maybe you should try watching the world cup sometime, you'll find that the players and coaches take it very seriously, it's not a friendly mickey mouse tournament at all
>>
>>67970922
I am? Cool.
That's the order I'd like my club/country to win them in. i.e. importance
>>
Maradona didn't win a Champions League either. Is Kenny Dalglish better than him?

Clubs are for the money. If you want glory you have to make it in the World Cup.
>>
>>67970947
Players and coaches take nearly all major tournaments seriously. Maybe you didn't notice.
>>
>>67970947
Maybe, he's a butthurt faggot, knowing that England fucks it up every 4 years.
>>
>>67968672
Ro[spoiler]mario[/spoiler]
>>
>>67970957
>Is Kenny Dalglish better than him?
Arguably, yes.

Bit of an odd example to pick there. You could have said Jamie Carragher, David May, Bojan (twice) etc. etc. etc.

List is endless.

And I could give you an equally pointless and endless list of shit players who won the World Cup.
>>
>>67970932
>implying anyone remembers the GOAT CL player from 10 years ago

Face it. Champion's League players are forgettable, because of the World Cup.
>>
File: 1463351326095.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1463351326095.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>67971020
>Is Kenny Dalglish better than Maradona?
>Arguably, yes.

ok, I'm done here. Bye.
>>
>>67970969
they dont take friendly mickey mouse trophies very seriously, which is what you called the world cup you fucking moron
>>
>>67971087
Dalglish was GOAT tier though you mong.

Better than Ronaldo and Romario that's for sure. Probably not Maradona tier though, but it's ARGUABLE at least. He's up there on that level. Along with the likes of Law, Charlton, Best, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Maldini.
>>
>>67971107
And if that's the case. What's the point of the World Cup?
>>
>>67970936
The ucl is a meme. It's overrated as fuck because a bunch of famous teams play in it, but they conveniently never play eachother until the quarters thanks to the draw. So in the end, you have to win like 3-5 games only against good teams. Whereas in the premier league you play 38 grueling games against mostly high level teams (no Greek or Lithuanian shit or whatever) with no special draws or away goals or any bull shit
>>
>>67971107
It's relative you autistic fuck. For example, I'm irrelevant compared to the President of the USA. But you're irrelevant compared to me.
>>
>>67970947
The players and coaches take it seriously yes, but the game is on a lower level due to the limitations of training and player selection for NTs. To say it is the highest level tournament is objectively wrong
>>
File: GOAT.jpg (56 KB, 599x602) Image search: [Google]
GOAT.jpg
56 KB, 599x602
>>67971168
>Aston Villa is a high level team
>The league where Leicester could place 1st with 10 point difference is good
>>
File: MONEY.jpg (64 KB, 780x438) Image search: [Google]
MONEY.jpg
64 KB, 780x438
>>67971161
>>
>>67971168
>EPL
>high level teams

Pick one
>>
>>67971231
theyre not in the premier league la
>>
This is a great take OP
>>
File: 0,,10265~9891204,00.jpg (204 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
0,,10265~9891204,00.jpg
204 KB, 640x360
>>67971231
>Aston Villa aren't a high level team

One more CL title than Ronaldo anyway :^)
>>
>>67971250
Better than fc traktor or whoever real face in the early ucl rounds
>>
>>67971168
If the EPL is full of high level teams, how come they can't win the CL often enough?
>>
>>67971283
Fucking Nottingham Forest has won 2 CLs.
>>
The peak of football is to win the domestic league, currently the strongest leagues are the Spanish and English premier leagues.

Second to that is the UCL. It's the icing on the cake after proving you are the best in your country, you try to prove you're the best in Europe (and therefore the world).

After that, the rest is nice but not THAT special. The domestic cup is important and usually traditional. The EL is nice, but basically for second-rate teams. The WC is cool, but it's a summer tournament and most players are tired and not at 100%.

Then you have the genuine mickey mouse cups like the league cups, super cups etc. etc. etc. etc.

That's the way most fans look at it anyway in my experience.
>>
>>67971361
>The peak of football is to win the domestic league, currently the strongest leagues are the Spanish and English premier leagues.
>Britbongs still think the EPL is top 2.

The Bundesliga surpassed your league a long time ago
>>
>>67971318
England have quite a few cl titles. For the record, I also think la liga is a higher competition than the ucl
>>
>>67971324
Nottingham Forrest would be COMFORTABLY the 4th biggest club in Portugal and maybe even arguably 2nd or 3rd.

They get 25-29k at every game they play.
>>
>>67971395
And they would be a low ladder team in our league, if not 2nd division.
>>
>>67971318
05 - Liverpool win
06 - Arsenal runners up
07 - Liverpool runners up
08 - United win, Chelsea runners up
09 - United runners up
10 - Blip
11 - United runners up
12 - Chelsea win

Past 4 years doesn't change the general order of things. If it wasn't for this freak Barcelona team (Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Busquets) then England would comfortably dominate European football in the 00s and 10s.
>>
>>67968912
Brazil had an unbelievably stacked team though, portugal has been shit for a while now. Its like hating on aubameyang because gabon sucks.
>>
>>67971426
Uh. No. They would climb to 4th comfortably and compete for the title within a few years.
>>
>>67971444
Spanish football dominates Europe mate, just accept it.

And lately even German football is higher tier than England.
>>
>>67971466
Well you're objectively wrong and have been proven wrong with facts, but okay, I'll take your word for it, João.
>>
>>67971462
Yeah, no. There's no way in hell they're beating Porto, Benfica or Sporting. Nor Braga, Estoril, Paços or Arouca.

At best they're placing mid table alongside teams like Guimarães and Nacional.
>>
>>67971444
>a league full of losers

Nice try, Britfag
>>
>>67971498
In this decade:

Barcelona has been in 2 finals, won them.
Real Madrid has been in 2 finals, won them.
Atlético Madrid has been in 2 finals.

Chelsea has been in 1 final, won it.
Man U has been in 1 final.

Bayern Munich has been in 2 finals, won 1.
Dortmund has been in 1 final.

That equals 6 finals for Spanish football with 4 victories. 3 finals for German football with 1 victory and 2 finals for English football with 1 victory.

There's your facts.

But no, keep being delusional and think your pet league is still the greatest. Everyone else will just be laughing at how stupid you Englishmen are.
>>
It's pretty clear cr7 > fat Ron but autists on here will always love players they grew up watching as kids and will never admit players today are so much better
>>
>>67968718
Don't forget about Rashford la'
>>
>>67968672
Peak Ronaldo shits all over Cristiano and I was 21 in 1997 so I'm not really clouded by nostalgia. Shame it only lasted like 3 years because of his injury, the same type of injury that destroyed Falcao.
>>
>>67971620
>in this decade
>doesn't even count a full decade
>conveniently starts at the very moment in time where english football slips off ever so slightly

yeah, nice biased and selective use of the facts
>>
>>67968672
Fat was better built for all eras of wendyball.
>>
File: 145720874195.jpg (15 KB, 556x561) Image search: [Google]
145720874195.jpg
15 KB, 556x561
Holy shit Fatnaldofags BTFO ITT.
>>
>>67970589
in all seriousness, has there existed a player past or present that is better than martial at running at a defender (or indeed, defenders) and running past them?

i don't think i've seen anyone do it so effortlessly, it's like the ball is glued to his feet, i always watch him and think "ahahah there's no way he's getting through there" only to sit back open jawed as he somehow, amazingly, incredibly sneaks past 3-4 defenders without even breaking sweat or changing pace at all

he's a magician, it's like watching a glitch on a FIFA game
>>
>>67973307
God Kaka was better tho
>>
>>67970980
No shit.
>>
>>67970589
he's still young, he may yet be the goat
>>
>>67970378

So you've never watched him. :^)

KEK.
>>
fat ronaldo was one of the all time great dribblers, penaldo will never come close to that which is why people say that fat ronaldo is better
>>
>>67970799

He didn't actually say that you ginormous cocksucker.

He said that victory is not up to a single player, meaning that you cannot blame a loss on one player like you can blame finishing last on one sprinter.

Moron.
>>
>>67973481

Messi?
>>
Let's make this simple: no one would pick Gaynaldo over Fatnaldo in their primes if he had the choice. Fatnaldo was a hydrogen bomb.
>>
>>67968672
This is an over 18s website friend.
>>
Why are you guys even taking this obvious bait
>>
>>67974189
I would. CR7's stats and trophies speak for themselves.
>>
>>67974226
yes we all know you would pick yourself cristiano
>>
so much obsession in this thread
>>
File: dude-what.png (27 KB, 439x371) Image search: [Google]
dude-what.png
27 KB, 439x371
>>67972305
>I was 21 in 1997
>>
>>67969147
>United fans actually believe this filth
>>
ebin thread XDDDD :DDDDDD
>>
>>67973481
Kaka was weak as fuck
>>
This is the epitome of "muh stats". Beautiful.
>>
imagine if portugal had a good team and won trophies. cr7's ego would be out of control.
>>
>brazils in this thread
>really provoke me to 7 - 1 them
>>
>>67971450
>stacked team
>Kleberson and Roque Junior in the starting XI
>>
>>67968672
>sitting here and typing all this out at 1.30 in the morning
Was this before or after you wanked off to pics of C Ronaldo in his swimwear?
>>
>>67977771
Nice digits
>>
>but muh nostalgia
On the other hand I think Zizou was legit better than all 3 of those you mentioned. Also for those of you who compare WC wins you should probably compare Brazil NT back then and Portugal NT in last few years.
>>
>>67977771
>those digits
You just can't make this shit up.
>>
>>67974226

>zero world cups
>20 tap ins and penalties a season
>legendary greed
>blames team mates when they lose

fatnaldo > greednaldo
>>
I cant believe this guy always gets over 100 replies
>>
So guys, who would win a MVP?:

Brhuenaldo vs Torres vs Messhit vs Portunaldo
>>
>>67977893
>he rates zidane
>>
>>67968672

Someone actually wasted his time to write all that shit to say something every sane person knows.
>>
>>67968672
>>67968718
samefagging this hard
Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.