[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Is The World Series Not A WORLD Series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: whirld serious.jpg (301 KB, 2254x1503) Image search: [Google]
whirld serious.jpg
301 KB, 2254x1503
Top 20 Baseball Rankings as of 16 March 2016
Rank Team Points
1 Japan 5154
2 United States 5091
3 Chinese Taipei 4702

So why doesn't baseball have a REAL World Series where the very best teams from the top 3 baseball playing countries in the world have it out to see who is best on Earth? Is it the logistics, differences in how the game is played in other countries, or something else?
>>
mostly because the teams aren't interested and neither are the fans
>>
They already have this it's called the world baseball classic and no one cares about it.
>>
>calling them Chinese Taipei
>>
>>67962753
I have a coworker from the Dominican Republic and he genuinely loves baseball
he's the only guy who cares about competitions outside of regular league play
>>
To be quite honest with you is love to see the World Series and Japan Series winners play a best of seven series for a true world championship. Itd be pretty fucking huge, especially if the NPB team pulled the upset.
>>
>>67962806
The WBC is a good idea in theory ruined by fear of injuring players.
>>
>>67962830
>is love
I'd love*
>>
But the best teams do compete for the championship already.
> Implying that any Japanese am could even beat the 2016 Braves or Twins.
>>
>>67962830
where would they play?
>>
It's called the world series because all the best players from around the world already play in the US. So basically is a competition of the best teams.
>>
>>67963629
That happened once. The Japanese champions took on the 2007 Red Sox. The Red Sox won 9-2.
>>
>>67967936
2-3-2 series in the respective teams' stadiums. There'd be a few days between games at different venues to allow for adjusting to jet lag.
>>
fuck making it international, US is the only country that matters

bring back the 9 game WS though

>would feel incredibly special for finals, no other sport goes to nine games
>possibly go through the pitching rotation twice
>baseball is a game of endurance and consistency with a 162 game season, the finals should match that marathon-like pace
>unheard of potential for massive choke jobs or pathetic sweeps
>>
>>67968206

Detected the cuck.

J-just hide from all other competition, because the win is a g-guarantee. Typical pathetic leaf.
>>
>>67968347
It's not hiding. It's the truth.

MLB is the best league by far. NPB is a distant second and it doesn't help their stars come to MLB and few of them are on MLB level.

If America took the WBC seriously, they would the champs. I admit it sucks that America send like one All-Star-caliber player who has a guarantee spot in regular season, 1-2 borderline ones and the rest are benchwarmers. Our WBC pitchers are guys who are last of the rotation at best or guys who are long inning relievers. Even the manager don't give a fuck and considers the WBC as a part of Spring Training.

At least we have the based Japan/Korea rivalry and watch Yurop embarrass themselves.
>>
>>67968206
Nah, a 9 game WS won't work in this type of society today.

I wish they made the DS a 7-game series again though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.