[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this man the most overrated manager of the last 20 years?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 2222286_w2.jpg (33 KB, 656x369) Image search: [Google]
2222286_w2.jpg
33 KB, 656x369
Is this man the most overrated manager of the last 20 years? I think hopefully now he's found his place in the Championship, which is exactly where he deserves to be. It's ludicrous to me there was once a time he was considered a tactical genius.

Let's go through his recent history

>Relegated Newcastle
>Absolutely failed at Real Madrid, would've failed to finish in the top 3 if he had stayed. As soon as he went they won the champions league
>Took over a great Napoli team and then failed to finish in the champions league places in one of the weakest leagues in Europe
>Joke at Chelsea
>Took over a treble winning Inter Milan team and turned them into a joke
>Ended Liverpool's status as a top four team

It's literally been 11 years since he did ANYTHING. Hopefully this fat fuck will never get a top job ever again
>>
>Real Madrid fired Ancelotti for not winning the CL 2 years in a row and hired Benitez

lel
>>
>>67946295
He did win the Champions League with a shit team though. Djimi fucking Traore level shit. Up against a Milan side with Shevchenko Crespo and Kaka all at top of their games
>>
>>67946365
A complete fluke of a game where his team were pissed on for 115 minutes of play and only managed to sneak into ET because of Dudek and a penalty from a dive does not make him a good manager. Both legs of the semi final were managerial masterclasses from him, way bigger feather in his cap
>>
>>67946394
They had no business even being in the semis
>>
>>67946394
>to win the Champions League you only need to win the final
Cool story bro. Oh wait you then acknowledged he beat a lot of good teams to get there. I spent that year living with two Liverpool fans and waiting every fucking game for them to get their shit pushed in
>>
>>67946459
What are you on about, I'm saying the final was a complete fluke and the semis and Juve tie are a far bigger display of how good Benitez was back then
>>
>>67946474
Right misread you there. Apologies bro
>>
>>67946295
>Joke at Chelsea
he salvaged their season and won them the Europa league. Just because the plastics cried about him doesn't mean he did a bad job
>>
>>67946322
Don't remind me.
>>
>>67946322

Didn't his contract just expire and Ancelotti wanted a break?
>>
>>67947030

>Salvaged their season.

Di Matteo had literally only just lost his first 2 games before he was fired.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.