[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 3
File: nba-logo.jpg (24 KB, 500x487) Image search: [Google]
nba-logo.jpg
24 KB, 500x487
How do we fix this """"""""""sport""""""""""?
>>
bring back 90's era rules
make Lil B commissioner
ban Durant for life for being a choke artist
relocate the Thunder anywhere
>>
MULTIBALL
>>
>>67940201
Nothing. American sports are now cucked by people who never played sports making everything "safe". I will now exclusively watch the memest league of them all. NPB
>>
It's already fixed.
>>
KILL KD MOTHERFUCKING PEICE OF SHIT STOP ASKING FOR THE BALL AMD SHOOTING IT YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHOT GIVE IT TO WB INSTEAD OF CHOKING AWAY YOUR ONLY SHOT TO WIN A RING GODDAMN IT
>>
> you have to watch 7 games before finding out who wins
>teams can only play each other within there own conference during the playoffs
>only the last 10 minutes mean anything, other 3 quarters are just a formality
>48 minute games take 2+ hours
>regular season means jackshit as long as you make the playoffs
>>
>>67940201
kek
>>
>>67940201
Bring back late 80s rules

Players and teams were competitive
People cared about the sport because it was exciting to watch
No bitch niggas fouling like retards

This warriors win was predicted so many times by non basketball fans because they knew how scripted this league has become

Like wwe
>>
It's the goat sport tho
>>
remove the 3pt line
not sure why it was added in the first place
>>
>>67940574
>7 is only the max
>you kinda have a point here, this is kind of stupid in today's day and age (no longer travel by train)
>basketball is a game of consistency, if you aren't solid throughout the game you'll get buried
>thats any sport
>regular season determines home court advantage and makes the team dosh so they can pay all their players
>>
Fuck it let it die cause of these light skin niggas
>>
>>67940583
How do you script three point shots being made you faggot.
>>
>>67940606
Fuck you Ben
>>
>12 second shot clock
>fix the foul system, feels like 50% of the game is fucking free throws
>make dunks worth more points
>add 5 point line
>>
Remove the 3 point line. More white people. Institute a weight rule.
>>
>>67940583
oh ya its really hard to predict a team that's been record breakingly dominant for 2 years would win a ship. Thats some nostradomus shit there..

>get a lead
>fail to defend it
>your star player gets flustered and starts trying to chuck miracle 3s in the dying minutes of the game
>lose

but ya the league is totally scripted
>>
>>67940805
>>67940872
Sure thing scholomos
>shut down one of the best offense scheme twice back to back
>suddenly play like fucking idiots for two games soon 3 straight
this shit is so terribly written you guys are massive cucks to suck everything these writers put out
>>
>>67940201
move meme point line back
>>
>>67940583
>a 73-9 team will come back and win

Yeah thats a really hard prediction to make lol I swear you autists don't even watch the game name me one moment how this game was fixed. OKC had 10 more free throws and an 8 point lead in the 4th and klay literally couldn't miss and okc sucked
>>
>>67940994
>scripted meme
Didnt realize retards were so prevalent on this board
>>
>>67940994
the thunder are niggerish and they get cocky and lazy when they think they're about to win.
>>
>>67940994
Sometimes teams over or underperform during games. Literally any team in the league can beat any other team on any given night if one overachieves and one underachieves.

You've obviously never played sports before, its so painfully obvious
>>
>>67941115
You only need to be on sp for ten seconds to realize the average IQ here < 100
>>
Allow teams to try and stop the other team from scoring. Players should be able to attempt to impede the opposing players offence without being called for fouls
I'm not sure what you would call it, deterring the offence, de-offence, defense?
>>
>>67940201
1. Replace Adam Silver as commissioner with literally anyone else.
2. Restore the Seattle SuperSonics, complete w/all of the team's history dating back to 1967 (OKC's history would begin in 2008).
3. To even out the league, put an expansion team where it's most convenient (probably Las Vegas).
4. Reduce schedule to 76 games, with the All-Star break at literal halfway point in season (38 games).
5. Bring back 1990s-era rules.
>>
>>67940344
Underrated post
>>
>>67940583
>Players and teams were competitive

Lakers, Celtics, Sixers, and Pistons were the only relevant teams int he league for the entire decade

>People cared about the sport because it was exciting to watch

The league was on the verge of death until Bird and Magic came on the scene. It wasn't because of any rules changes. Those guys and Jordan allowed the NBA to sweep all their cocaine issues under the rug

>No bitch niggas fouling like retards

No one even played defense in the 80s let alone foul hard. It was basically 48 minutes of fastbreaks, which is a bigger meme than 3 point shooting.
>>
>>67940344

This. Plus eliminate one hoop as well.
>>
Buy Messi
>>
>>67940509
underrated post
>>
END FUCKING FLOPPING
>>
raise the basket 10 feet higher to discourage dunking and layups
>>
I hate warriors meme ball because all of their threes are Terrible shots that are contested and they still go in. Teams cannot defend against it.
>>
>>67942571
this flopping should be a violation subject to technical
>>
I honestly have absolutely no idea how to not make the sport unbearable. It's the only sport that is just so shit you can't even improve on it.
>>
>>67942601
Maybe not ten feet but this could help. At least so height isn't an advantage anymore and it's all accuracy and skill as opposed to meme genetics.
>>
It will fix itself. The shitty teams will try to copy Golden State and start poaching their players and wasting lottery picks on memechucking college players. Memechucking talent will be dispersed across the league instead of concentrated on one team and it won't be effective. You'll just have a bunch of teams like the Portland Trailblazers. The smart teams will say "Hey the Thunder did pretty good against memechucking, we should copy their style and just not choke in the 4th quarter"
>>
every foul is automatic 5 points
>>
>>67940201

-4 points for shots from greater than half court,
-5 points if they make a shot from within the opposite three point line
-No fouls. It is now a contact sport.
-6 points for breaking the backboard on a dunk, and if this happens you get an extra point attempt at the free throw line like in football, and breaking the backboard is called a touchdown.
-Tied games are settled by three point contest.
-Double overtime is settled by dunk contest
-No divisions, all rivalries abolished
-40 game schedule with no all-star game
-No playoffs. The team with the best record in the entire NBA gets a trophy and ties are broken by total points for, total points against, and coin toss.

Just make me commish familam
>>
>>67940294
>relocate the thunder
thunder are sold out of season tickets bro
>>
>>67941865
>bring back sonics
>people never go to games since they are more expensive than OKC
>sonics relocate to san diego
>>
>>67943653
>40 game schedule
>implying the kikes will ever want less $
>>
>>67940201
get rid of freethrows
>>
>>67941146
>it's just how the game goes !

Braind dead minions make me sick.
>>
>>67943653
anyone under 6'7 would get trucked lmao
it be just bigs and more bigs in that league
>>
no more timeouts.
>>
>>67944317
Just the way the cucks like it
>>
>>67944123
Literally this
>>
>>67944123
I agree.
>>
>>67941865
So you add two teams to the west?
Lrn2geography
>>
File: 1450440831502.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1450440831502.png
444 KB, 800x600
>>67943653
>could literally win the championship on a coin toss
>>
>>67953023
you could move Memphis and Minnesota to the east. They're eastern teams playing in the west, shit makes no sense
>>
>>67953519
OKC should be in the east not Minnesota
>>
>>67940201
3's only get the full 3 points off an assist

Watching the memeiors endlessly set picks (most being illegal that no other team gets away with), is trash basketball

Especially when they get the rebound with no one in the paint
>>
>>67953023
The team that moves to the East is the Grizzlies, to even out the alignment at 16 teams per conference (2 8 team divisions in each conference).
>>
>>67954881
settling games with free throws like the other teams is better?

why is every suggestion by australians shit tho?
>>
>hard team salary cap
>no cap on individual player salaries
>bring back the Sonics and expand to Vegas or Louisville
>sudden death overtime
>reform foul calls
>actually call travelling
>ban flopping
>bring back best of 5 first and second round
>>
>>67940574

Jesus Christ this post was pure cancer.
>>
My only problem with meme ball is allay and Curry take all of these bad three point shots and it still goes in.

They are abusing the three point line. This isn't basketball.
>>
Remember when dunks were cool?
Now people go for 3s like fucking free kicks in football it's so gay
>>
>>67953287
Then make it a [spoiler]best of seven series[/spoiler] of coin tosses.
>>
File: 1459236130121.gif (1 MB, 309x161) Image search: [Google]
1459236130121.gif
1 MB, 309x161
>>67940201
Its already fixed though?
>>
>>67958062
Stop stealing my already overused joke.
>>
Everybody saying bring back 90s and late 80s rules. Exactly what rules are you guys referring to?
>>
>>67940805
magnets
>>
>>67940670

Have you watched any footage of pre-70s basketball? It was a clusterfuck of faggots all around the hoop.
>>
>>67958126
allowing people to beat the fuck out of eachother and remove the flopping
>>
>>67958126
The rules that would justify the "apehoop" nickname.

>>67958386
He didn't say "and also remove the three-second rule".
>>
Can you give me an example of what they took out the game to make it less physical. Also any plays or videos I can watch this see this old school basketball
>>
>>67958386
>>67958605
Shit, my bad. I didn't catch that your response was really talking about:

>not sure why it was added in the first place
>>
>>67942694
height will still be an advantage for blocking/passing/shooting.

Look at the WNBA, none of them are capable of dunking but they're all still tall.
>>
>>67943789
I know. That's why they should be relocated to Alaska.
>>
Make help defense illegal like it was over a decade ago. You'll see less ball movement.
>>
Make the Lakers Great Again
>>
Make the hoop higher
>>
>>67958623
look for pistons bulls knicks playoff series from the 80s 90s on YouTube
shit used to be so intense
>>
Fix the hack-a-player strategy by giving the foul bonus to the other team at 7 or 8 fouls and let it last a whole half. If obvious a player is being targeted for hacks give a technical
>>
expansion teams in Seattle and Vegas

4 8-team divisions

eliminate conferences

after the 4 division champs, remaining playoff seeding is free for all despite former conference affiliations

while we at it put only the 4 div champs and 4 leaguewide wild card teams, eliminate the first round which is generally shit anyway
>>
>>67943789

thunder fans deserve to sit through a decade of rebuilding like a real expansion franchise

their stupid shit fans got handed a contender and act like theyre the best fans in the world
>>
remember when 8 seeds used to upset 1 seeds in the playoffs? used to be alot more competitive for some reason
>>
>>67959064
>one West team inevitably has to go to a East-centric division
>former West team dominates its East division opponents year after year
>playoffs literally become 7 former West teams and Lelbrons team every single year

cant wait to kek endlessly
>>
>>67959138
Thats literally happened like four or five times and two of those times were within that the last five years
>>
>>67942601
and ban All Sport
>>
>>67959064
Keep the first round but be like football and give the top two seeds essentially a bye week and let them sit it out to rest and play the winners of one of the first round matches.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.