[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck did this song become the permanent, end all be all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: seven.jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
seven.jpg
30 KB, 300x300
How the fuck did this song become the permanent, end all be all song for sports, particularly soccer and hockey? What fucking deal with Satan did the White Stripes sign?
>>
you serious? it started in serie a about four years ago and spread all over european soccer
and then spread to college football stadiums, then to soccer, and finally to hockey

it's the wave of our generation
>>
>>67915986
[citation needed]
>>
and jack white has said in interviews that he's pretty stoked about his music becoming "folk music" as in that bass line becoming part of world sporting culture the way, well, "we will rock you" has
>>
>>67915986
I thought it was the German football fans who first latched onto it.
>>
>>67916104
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/6815/hyundai/2014/06/11/4873120/why-italy-fans-sing-the-pop-anthem-seven-nation-army-by-the

i only remember hearing it within the last four years or so, but that article claims it goes as far back as 2006.....it definitely would have stuck out if they were singing it in the 2010 world cup (which nobody was, but then again the vuvuzelas ruined that fucking tournament)
>>
The song sucks. Although it's not as bad as American sports playing ACDC and Welcome to the Jungle every game.
>>
>>67916380
I've never actually heard Welcome to the Jungle at a game before
Jump Around is played at pretty much every nfl game

at NHL games they actually play some of the songs from the NHL video games lol

and we all know what they play at Bears games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqFf-0eROUA
>>
Apparently it started a a festival, Werchter to be exact. Then the fans of Club Brugge started doing it at the stadium. This was when the song was only just released.
Well that's what i heard
Cute back then, cringe worthy now
>>
>>67916380
>>67916520
My team played welcome to the jungle pre-match for a couple of seasons. Never played 7 nation army though. My favourite was always Boys Are Back In Town though
>>
>>67916104
Does he get royalties every time it's played on tv worldwide? Hope so
>>
>>67917013
I don't think he cares enough; his record label and pressing plant are pretty profitable
>>
Plebs will be plebs to be honest family
>>
Are White Stripes /dadrock/ now?
>>
>>67917204
your country has weird politics, anon
what's the deal with the president having to be christian
>>
>>67915986
It was already a thing during the 2008 Euros, eight years ago you goddamn teenager.
>>
I could be worse, it could be this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-AJqYyHjDw desu
>>
>>67917457
can you post a youtube video i don't remember that
>>
>>67917493
Can you fuck off and go sate your curiosity yourself.
>>
>>67917329
Lebanon has their shit figured out. If muslims were banned from holding office worldwide there would be no more war
>>
>>67917604
Truth
>>
>>67917329
It was only thing keeping our country from turning Syria-tier, and now we can't even have that anymore because no president. I wish for a British mandate
>>
>>67917604
so long as there are weapons manufacturers there will be wars.
>>
>>67916334

It was around since 2008.
>>
>>67917604
>If muslims were banned from holding office worldwide there would be no more war

Wat
>>
>>67917013
Yes actually, stadiums have to pay him in order to play the song
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.