[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>talking to friends about sports >they bring up the Warriors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image_23.jpg (101 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
image_23.jpg
101 KB, 1024x904
>talking to friends about sports
>they bring up the Warriors game and friend 1 starts getting all cocky about how the Warriors won
>Friend 2 laughs it off and I ask friend 1 how many warriors games he's watched this season
>Both of them immediately get triggered and say that you don't have watch games to be a fan
>"You don't have to watch games to be a fan"
Wtf is wrong with some people
>>
Fan stands for fanatic. A fanatic would probably watch the game.
>>
>>67888230
What they actually said was you don't have to be a fan to watch games. You misheard them, op.
>>
>having friends
>>
Things that never happened: the post
>>
My friend laughed at me last night because the Warriors beat the thunder at home. He couldn't even name 3 players on the Warriors or the coach. It really is just a bandwagon Facebook popularity meme and it's working.
>>
>being a fan of a franchise

I'm a Mcdonalds fan!!
>>
This is your average apehoop fan. My friend was a fan of the Lakers and he didn't even watch any games. He just idolized Kobe.
>>
That's your typical apehoop fan
>>
>>67888230
You really don't. Only if you want to talk about stats and who is better. I consider myself a stars fan even though I don't watch them much in the regular season. I watch basketball instead. I mean, yes I watched the stars in the playoffs, but your fellow leaves were probably more interested in the pens v gays game
>>
>>67891793
(you)
>>
File: 1331898842380.jpg (191 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1331898842380.jpg
191 KB, 600x800
>friends
>>
>>67891860
same. my friend loves Kobe and Kevin Durant, never watched any of their teams' games, never watched any games at all, just watched highlights
>>
Basketball is an narcissistic sport for autists. unlike say soccer baseball or football, those have big teams and are less focused on individual glory.
>>
>>67892554
Cute doggie
>>
>>67892704
Divegrass is for pansies and baseball is like watching paint dry

Football is cool though
>>
>>67892720
Football is the one sport where the calls are as bad as basketball. I'll never forget the time the 49ers season ended because the referees refused to call the pass interference.
>>
>>67892720
>football cool
Its a novice backwater inbred flyover state game. You like football because you understand football. Because its a simple fucking game. Youll never understand an actual skill sport anon.
>>
>>67892742
>Because its a simple fucking game.
it is one of the most complex sports strategy-wise.
you don't like it because you don't understand it.

stick to soccer. it's a simple game for simple minds.
>>
>Amerifans
>>
>>67892759
I watch both footballs you tard. American football is repetitive, simple, and rewards athletic ability over skill and intelligence.

Even in baseball you have more strategy like when a pitcher is trying to confuse a batter with an assortment of different pitches and locations based on his own strengths and the batters weaknesses. And positioning the defense to get the best possible outcome.
>>
>>67892818
>what is formation, play calling, route running, etc.
clearly you don't follow football very closely
>>
>>67892871
Right which all consist of a line holding another line (strength) so the quarterback has enough time to release the ball to his recievers who are using there speed to beat the corners. I love american football but its simple minded the same shit over and over again, it values atheltic ability over intelligence. The strategy is a farce, no creative routes just straight and slant.

Tldr fuck you and your spider 2 y banana
>>
>>67892958
>passing is the only way to advance
again. clearly you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>67892742
lol
>>
>>67892958
>Baseball is just swinging a stick as hard as you can and running as fast as you can around an arbitrary diamond.
>Soccer is just passing a ball back and forth until one player stops paying attention so you can kick it past him into the goal.
>Hockey is just repetitive slap shots until one eventually goes into the goal.

See, I can oversimplify things too!
>>
cuckhoop has the shallowest fans. I cant imagine watching such a repetitive sport. baseball anything can happen
>>
>>67893076
What a rube
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.