[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do only football and basketball niggers demand pay for playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: nigger stole my base.png (204 KB, 358x350) Image search: [Google]
nigger stole my base.png
204 KB, 358x350
Why do only football and basketball niggers demand pay for playing college sports. Baseball players play a stupid long schedule and they still dont chimp out about money
>>
>>67886882
because baseball player make more
>>
Most college athletes do. Most are self-entitled pieces of shit

You'd be surprised how far it goes. D3 athletes at my shitty school want fo be paid for making basically nothing for the school
>>
because basedball is a patrician's sport. those other two '''''''''''sports''''''''' are comprised of former special ed students.
>>
Everybody under 30 is dumb as shit. You'll realize this one day.
>>
>>67886882
because the niggers come from poverty and want money for their familes.
>>
Because baseball players can go pro right out of high school. They choose college because A) They don't get drafted, so they're probably not good enough, B) They wanna develop their skills while banging sluts at a party school, or C) They want a free degree

Compare that to basketball and, to a lesser extent, football, where there are players with pro-level talent who are forced to play for non-negotiable compensation because the league says so
>>
>>67887001
the NBA is a fucking joke I think you only have to take 1 year at a community college before you can be drafted.

I can see football nogs not wanting to go into the NFL at 18 though
>>
>>67887038
>community college
No. you need to go to a school with a good Bball program and play well to get drafted.
>>
>>67887065
I am talking about Kobe type talents
>>
>>67887065
According to whom? Ben Simmons was a joke in his only college season and still might be the number one pick
>>
>>67887089
A Kobe-type player isn't going to do his one year at a community college

He's going to go to Kentucky and bang daughters of coal miners sluts or Duke and bang rich tobacco/banking debutante sluts
>>
>>67886882
because they don't produce nearly the value and have less leverage. Do you honestly not understand the discussion at all?
>>
>>67887065
this is demonstrably incorrect.
>>
>>67887182
why dont college nigger ball players just join the D league and use their massive value then?
>>
File: baaakaaaa.jpg (331 KB, 1250x1036) Image search: [Google]
baaakaaaa.jpg
331 KB, 1250x1036
>>67887116

>19/11/5 in Freshman year of college
>a joke in his only college season
>>
>>67887218
because the NBA forbids it, retard.
>>
>>67887271
can you go into the D league out of high school?

What is the point of a minor league if you cant develop prospects
>>
>>67887298
i take it back, D-league has its own draft and doesn't require players to wait the year after high school. I'm honestly surprised that more of them don't go that route, but that's probably indicative of how much colleges pay under the table to top prospects
>>
>>67887271
>>67887298
According to the D League website, you only have to be 18, as opposed to 19

However, the top salary made by players who aren't just sent down from the NBA is $25k a season plus housing. At that point, I'd rather just get free college and bang sluts
>>
>>67886882
It's cause they produce an incredible amount of money for the organizations involved.

Also risk of injury is pretty high and if you can't play then you're shit out of luck and might as well get kicked out of school.
>>
Football players also have very limited shelf life compared to Basketball and Baseball players. Id hate to be a RB and throw away 700 or so carries on your legs that could make you millions and instead only getting some 'communications' degree you will never have a use for.

So of course the NFL is the one that forces players to go to college the longest.
>>
>>67887445
Why dont they lobby the NCAA to make them keep scholarships if they were injured on the field and keep a 3.0 GPA?
>>
>>67887468
they weren't allowed to unionize. and the ones with any real bargaining power are there for 1-2 years, so there's not much incentive to spend a bunch of time/effort rustling feathers.
>>
>>67887490
why not use their free college degrees to get jobs in the NCAA and change the rules from inside?
>>
>>67887468
Who's they? They can't really negotiate anything. The NCAA is pretty much the only organization with leverage because they're providing "education" to these "student-athletes" who are attending their university on their own accord.

It's not a bad idea, but why would the NCAA support students who aren't gonna give them anything in return?
>>
>>67887511
how would you propose they do that? for one, if they have degrees, they'd be on the outside. Moreover, what leverage do they have once they are no longer producing value for the college sports team? what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
Because they're poor.95% of these athletes wouldn't be able to go to their college if they didn't get a free ride and also because they're dumb.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.