[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wtf is wrong with you murica?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: basketball-american.jpg (238 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
basketball-american.jpg
238 KB, 1000x600
First time watching "finals" since Sacramento vs Lakers.And i see 40 points lead by team.
Motherfucking 40 points lead in fucking finals?
>>
>>67856981
>finals
>serbia
>>
it's just the semi-finals, but i know that feel bro. basketball has been dead for such long time.
>>
>>67856981
the depth of the NBA isn't very high these days.
Whatever team Lebron is on will have made the championship 5 or 6 years in a row now.

Basketball's overall popularity has declined steeply in the last decade. Think its only about 50% as popular as it was previously. Less people watching, less kids playing, less depth in professionals.
>>
>>67857005
you wut m8?

basketball is the 3rd most popular sport in the world. More people watched last nights OKC VS GSW game then the fucking world series.
>>
>>67857024
>in the world
yes, because all those Chinese/Turkish fans are really making a difference in the NBA.

The popularity in the USA has been a steep decline, and since the majority of NBA players come from the USA the talent pool is lessened.
More kids are choosing Football these days, if you compare them side by side you can actual observe the NFL killing the NBA slowly at first but then rapidly over the last decade.
>>
>>67857056
Isn't brain damage in football a thing in USA?
>>
>>67857059
yeah but nobody cares if it happens to nigs
>>
>>67857059
Not sure why you are insulting and fighting that guy but actually, yeah. If you even saw how irrelevant Basketball is now you'd be shocked, maybe in Serbia it is still huge.

People really hate all the teams honestly. except maybe OKC. GSW has a player who kicked another full on in the balls and didn't get ejected, which lost a lot of fans because the NBA has to make action on stuff like that but it didn't and lost credibility because they wanted one good series but they didn't get it.

NBA is relegated to the last rated network on Earth TNT. ABC pretty much is in no hurry to show games. I think they are contractually obligated to show them though.

Actually it feels like all sports in the USA are kind of depressing, but thats another post.

TL:DR Basketball sucks and its becoming boring because of a lack of fluidity, trick shots over triangle offense, overreliance on fouls to balance the broken rules of the game. Hate to sound like a old fogey but honestly the 1990's rules were better for the aforementioned reasons.
>>
>>67856981
The Raptors are a disgrace and Canada was a mistake.
>>
File: ratings.png (54 KB, 679x551) Image search: [Google]
ratings.png
54 KB, 679x551
>>67857110
so why has it been #1 every day since the playoffs started since its so irrelevant?
>>
>>67857219
it's more of an event for a lot of people
it's a superstar driven league so people watch so they can talk at the water cooler about what lebron or curry did last night.
but most people really don't give a fuck about the sport itself, and local ratings for regular season games aren't very good.
it still gets the national attention for big games, but even that is dwindling, especially for games not involving the 3 or 4 top teams.

this is unlike NFL which gets both great local support and national support, and people will watch MNF or SNF or whatever regardless of what teams are playing.

this is also unlike MLB which gets pretty shitty national support, but great (and not dying) local support
>>
>>67856981
good thing about blowouts is listening to the classic bantz buy the espn commentators.
>>
>>67857343
youre just talking out of your ass

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/local-nba-ratings-are-way-up--with-you-know-who-leading-the-way-204132866.html
>>
>>67857219
showing the ratings for wednesday night

bitch compare that to Sunday and it gets BTFO by Game of Thrones, Walking Dead and Nascar.
>>
File: ratings2.png (47 KB, 683x466) Image search: [Google]
ratings2.png
47 KB, 683x466
>>67857401
i just showed tuesday night cause it was the latest. and it didnt get btfo on sunday either
>>
>>67856981
NBA is magical right now and these blowouts are amazing. Ignore the friendless autist writing essays about his impressions from the basement.
>>
Do many white people in america watch basketaball or do they mainly watch NFL and MLB?
>>
File: kek.jpg (448 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
448 KB, 3840x2160
>>67857401
>BTFO by Game of Thrones
>comparing TV broadcasts to paid subscription service like HBO
BWHAHWHAHWHAHWHAHWHAH

OH MAN. Oh man... lel.

protip: point of trolling is acting like a retard to make people mad, not to make them laugh.
>>
>>67857450
most of the fans of all three sports are white.
>>
>>67857450
I don't because it's boring as fuck and for poor people
>>
honestly come to think of it i dont think ive seen anyone wearing a basketball hat/shirt here lately.

see baseball/football all the time though, and some mexishits wearing barca gear
>>
>>67857005
You got everything on wrong on this post.
>>
>>67857497
once I was introduced to hockey 4 years ago everything else was way too fucking slow and boring to watch, floorsqueek being by far the worst

at least baseball is "comfy" and nice to take in an afternoon game with a bro
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.