[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix this sport
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 8
File: Basketball.png (154 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
Basketball.png
154 KB, 340x340
How do we fix this sport
>>
No more white people
>>
>>67854340
Have people not cheer after every single score
>>
Kick out the light skins
>>
Start deflating balls
>>
It's already fixed
>>
How can you fix something when it is already fixed?
>>
Allow more contact

North Korean scoring rules
>>
>>67854340
four referees
>>
0 tolerance on players complaining to the ref (every sport needs this)

Really the only necessary change besides more consistent officiating
>>
>>67854340
create a professional womens streetball summertime league. can you imagine hot chicks in a bikini duking it out on the court, playing rough and physical streetball? because i can.
>>
make naked chicks play it desu
>>
>>67854495
Hot women aren't good at sports

Like the WNBA sucks and those broads are hideous. Imagine how badly hot chicks would play
>>
Stop letting players take 4 step drives
>>
Bring Kobe back
>>
Allow players to bring weapon (no guns though, only close quarter weapon)
>>
decrease ball size senpai
>>
get rid of the dh
>>
move the three point line out another foot or two, don't allow anyone under 6' 6" to play professionally.
>>
Raise the net
>>
>>67854340
allow hand checking
>>
if a players hold the ball longer than five seconds, spikes come out and impale the hands, resulting in a technical
good bye Kevin, Russell, Stephen, James, LeBron, Paul, Kyle, Demar, Kyrie, Damian, Anthony, DeMarcus(nigger), D'Angelo, Nick, Chris, Blake, Isiah, and Dwight
>>
>>67854526
THIS
>>
draft Brittany Griner and put her on loads of HGH
>>
more contact
one timeout per team per half
suspensions for flopping
remove the corner three
the ball is on fire
>>
>>67854340
MULTIBALL
U
L
T
I
B
A
L
L -- that and start calling travels and moving screens again
>>
Get rid of like 8 teams so there can be more of an influx of superstars on every team
>>
Robot refs who call shit the same regardless of the team, orders from the league, etc.
>>
>>67854657
it would be Spur rings every year
>>
>>67854351
>whites only
I agree
>>
Actually play defense

The big reason why college basketball is superior to NBA
>>
Honestly
make college players stay for a 3 year minimum
>>
>>67854792

college basketball/football are both shit because 70% of the time the team with more giga niggas just straight up run the other team off the court/field. The nba is full of giga niggas, but you can clearly see the difference in actual skill
>>
>>67854792
>Superior
>Like 3 good teams
>They can't even make shots

No
>>
>>67854736
This. Here's your improved NBA:

Eastern Conference:
New York Knicks
Boston Celtics
Philadelphia 76ers
Detroit Pistons
Chicago Bulls
Miami Heat
Atlanta Hawks
Washington Wizards
Indiana Pacers
Cleveland Cavaliers
Charlotte Hornets

Western Conference:
Los Angeles Lakers
Golden State Warriors
OKC Thunder
Portland Trailblazers
Houston Rockets
Dallas Mavericks
San Antonio Spurs
Minnesota Timberwolves
Phoenix Suns
Sacramento Kings
Denver Nuggets
>>
>>67854375
>This
Cringe central watching every retard swing a towel around after every shot scored.
>>
>>67854792
They don't actually play better defense in college, it just seems that way cause those kids can't shoot for shit.
>>
>>67854340
send the jazz back to fuckin new orleans
send the pelicans back to fuckin charlotte to be the hornets again
destroy the current hornets
send the thunder back to seattle to become the supersonics again
get rid of gay-z's brooklyn nets
hefty suspensions for flopping
call traveling and moving screens
get rid of lelbron
probz get rid of clippers
take away "divisions" and just make it by conference
promotion/demotion similar to euro soccer (this is probably most important. in college, the good teams get the good players, which is at least part of why people like it)
no twitter/instagram accounts active during the season
that's not everything, but i guess it's a start. some fantastic improvements posted ITT already
>>
Introduce Looney Tunes characters
>>
cant its just fundamentally broken. it takes almost no skill, just need to be extremely tall
>>
Take teams out of irrelevant flyover shitholes like Salt Lake City and oklahoma city.
>>
>>67854375
Kill yourself
>>
>>67855378
This is a terrible idea.
>>
>>67854396
/thread
>>
>>67855416
That's why Sim Bhullar is an all-star every year and 5 time MVP. Oh wait.
>>
>cut the league down to 12 teams
>everyone currently in the league including coaches are thrown into a big draft pool
>draft based on lottery
>every team picks until they have a roster of ten players and one coach
>team with the 12th pick chooses first in the second round, team with the 1st pick chooses first in third round, etc.
>everyone else not picked is sent to a farm league
>teams can acquire new talent through trades, call-ups through farm system, or out of college in a draft
>each team plays each other four times, two games at home, two games on the road
>teams with the two best records at the end of the regular season play a seven game series to determine a champion

>change two point shot to be worth three points, and the three point shot to be worth four points
>flopping results in a year long suspension
>intentional fouling is banned except if you are down by four or less points with under a minute left
>go to a two half system instead of a four quarter system
>>
I think it is better than it ever was with pure scoring teams like OKC and Cleveland dominating.
>>
>>67854396
Kek
>>
Set the hoop 3 feet higher and make all the players wear moon shoes.
>>
>>67854932
perfect

add: each team plays each other home and away making it a 42 game season.
>>
make half court shots worth five points but missing is -1 points so it is only to be used out of desparation
>>
4 point line
>>
can we start by playing less games over the same regular season span?
even if it's just 10-20 less games, 82 is too much
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (22 KB, 988x415) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
22 KB, 988x415
>>
>send the jazz back to fuckin new orleans
>>67855378
THIS
>>
Why do you have to have 82 games.
It's too many.
Who gives a shit about game 57 of the regular season between the Spurs and the Hornets? It doesn't matter, it changes nothing. You'd have less injuries too. It doesn't even matter to begin with since you have playoffs. Make the games actually mean something. Teams are playing about 60 games a year of meaningless basketball. It's absurd to have so many games. It devalues everything. Cut it down to 40 games. And stop having conferences. Best 10 or 12 teams of the regular season get playoffs. Top 2 or 4 get a first round bye.
>>
>>67854932
Yes
>>
>>67855693
Will never happen, but it's a cool way to make LeBrons all time stats to look even better
>>
File: 1462230555006.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1462230555006.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
>more white people
>maybe some more asians
>put the games on tv instead of cable so poors can watch them
>treat the NBA finals like an event, the superb owl is a fucking spectacle, even non handegg fans watch it
>>
>>67855703
He's going to be the all-time leading points scorer though. Having less games will hurt Lebron.
>>
>>67854340
Increase the length of the court
>>
>>67855744
>oh also cut down the number of games
>get rid of teams in low market areas
>>
>>67854340
remove shot clock, create an offsides rule, make each basket count for a very small fraction of a point, take away 3 pointer, cap number of blacks on a team, allow ties
>>
>>67855744
The Owl has mass appeal because there's something for everyone. The NBA is still stuck in the 90s and think greasy ghetto niggers are the only ones watching on TV, so you have a gajillion commercials for shoes, cell phones, Kia's, soda, or those tryhard "look where I came from" inspirational ads set to awful rap music.

If you don't love the actual sport, you're not going to somebody's house to watch the Finals.
>>
Stop letting in all those goddamn coloreds!
>>
>>67855821
>remove the shot clock
Yeah, I'd love nothing more than a 2 hour game of keep away. And there are several offsides rules already. Maybe too many. I say go the other way and let motherfuckers stand in the lane all they want.
>>
Force Durant, Lebron, Anthony Davis, Porzingis, Curry and Melo to all play on the Knicks for basketball reasons. When they tenpeat the NBA has my permission to die.
>>
>>67855834
>The NBA is still stuck in the 90s and think greasy ghetto niggers are the only ones watching on TV, so you have a gajillion commercials for shoes, cell phones, Kia's, soda, or those tryhard "look where I came from" inspirational ads set to awful rap music.

You advertise to your audience
>>
>>67855915
how the fuck could they possibly know that 2 year olds are watching the nba?
>>
>>67854340
call travelling, call palming ball, stop calling basic blocking as a foul, raise net height
>>
>>67855915
>more than 1% female
Yeah I'm calling bullshit
>>
>>67855968
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/02/which-sports-have-the-whitest-richest-oldest-fans/283626/
>>
>>67855926
Because their parents tell them?
>>
>>67855987
Okay? How was the data collected?What's the sample size? They could have called 10 people or 10,000.
>>
>>67855987
>Major League Soccer has the highest share of Hispanics by far (34 percent; second is the NBA at 12 percent) and the lowest income of any major sports audience. Nearly 40 percent of its fans make less than $40k.

povertyball confirmed
>>
>>67854396
Well done
>>
allow 80s and 90s bullyball

get rid of the current starplayer coddling, suspend floppers (RIP Lebron), actually call traveling & palming and overall more consistent officiating
>>
File: 1460860701687.webm (3 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1460860701687.webm
3 MB, 640x640
>>67854340
>TWO BALLS
a home team ball and an away team ball
the team with their own ball may score 1 point if they make it the opponent's basket

The team will also be able take away a point from their opponent if they score their opponent's ball in their basket

The sport will now emphasis tactics much more than it does now and will just plain be much more interesting to watch
>>
>>67855523
there are superstars in the league that cant even make a free-throw 50% of the time
>>
>>67856003
how the fuck did they get in contact with their parents?
>>
>>67855899
>Jew York Nigs
NEVER EVER
>>
>>67856100
Called them through calling lists, kind of like how Nielsen works I guess.

Why are you having such a problem with this? Is this literally your first time hearing about census groups?
>>
>>67856117
Who compiles these "lists"?!
>>
>>67856117
who the fuck would answer a stranger on the phone who asked if their 2 year old watches tv?
>>
anytime a basket is made, we get a shot of their proud parents cheering them on from within their jail cell
>>
>>67856121
The Rothschilds.
>>
5 BALLS
RAISE BASKETS UP TO 20 FEET
MOVING TRAMPOLINES
ROYAL RUMBLE EVERY GAME WITH EVERY MASCOT RIGHT IN CENTER COURT
TRAP DOORS
FIRE RANDOMLY SPURTING OUT FROM THE FLOOR
A 3 POINTER IS NOW WORTH 8 POINTS
ONE PLAYER FROM EACH TEAM GETS TO EQUIP A MEDIEVAL MACE
WHITES ARE BANNED FROM TOUCHING ANY BALL AND MUST AVOID THE BLACK PLAYERS AND THEY HAVE CYANIDE CAPSULES IN THEIR TEETH THAT THEY CAN QUICKLY SWALLOW BEFORE THEY ARE RAPED BY THE OTHER PLAYERS. EVEN THEIR OWN TEAM CAN RAPE THEM. 10 POINTS FOR EACH HOLE FILLED
ALL THE PLAYERS ARE NAKED WE ALL WANT TO SEE THOSE BIG BLACK COCKS WHY ELSE WOULD YOU WATCH THIS GAME?
AND LIONS ROAMING AROUND. LIONS!!! JUST LIKE HOW IT WAS IN AFRICA
AND BEARS TOO BECAUSE WHY NOT? BEARS ARE AWESOME AND IF YOU DONT LIKE BEARS? THEN FUCK YOU
THE REFS ARE ARMED WITH SEMI AUTOMATIC RIFLES AND AT THE 2 MIN MARK OF EACH QUARTER THEY GET TO TAKE ONE SHOT AT THE BLACK PLAYERS JUST LIKE IT WAS WHEN THE WHITE MAN DID A HUNDRED ODD YEARS AGO. I MEAN BACK THEN IF YOU WERE A ENGLISHMAN IN AFRICA AND DIDNT SHOOT AT LEAST ONE DARKIE BEFORE TEA AND CRUMPETS WELL YOU WERENT A TRUE BRIT.
ALSO NO CANADIANS ARE ALLOWED TO WATCH, PLAY OR HAVE ANYTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH THE NEW RULES
BECAUSE FUCK CANADA

thought?
>>
>>67856224
>ALSO NO CANADIANS ARE ALLOWED TO WATCH, PLAY OR HAVE ANYTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH THE NEW RULES
>BECAUSE FUCK CANADA

I approve, keep Canada cuck free
>>
>>67856224
>TRAP DOORS
lost
>>
>>67856224
OH I FORGOT ABOUT LIGHT SKINNED PLAYERS AND HALF WHITE HALF BLACK PLAYERS ARE A THIRD TEAM ON THE COURT AND THEY ARE LIKE BONUS ROUND ROUND AND WORTH 18 POINTS!
HOW DO YOU GET THE 18 POINTS? WHO CARES THEY ARE ALSO RIDING TINY CARS FOR LITTLE KIDS AND ARE EQUPPPED WITH A FERRET IN ONE HAND AND HAVE A HOOK FOR THEIR OTHER HAND. WELL THEY DONT HAVE THAT HAND ANYMORE BECAUSE IT WAS CUT OFF SO THEY COULD ATTACH A HOOK LIKE A PIRATE OR WHATEVER
AND THE ULTRA RARE ABOMINATIONS AGAINST NATURE - THE HALF BLACK HALF GINGER THEY ARE WORTH 1000 BONUS POINTS MULTIPLIED BY THE AMOUNT OF BEARS IN THE THE PAINT AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN AND EVERY PLAYER AND ANIMAL AND INSIDE THE CAGE AND STRAP INTO THOSE SUSPENSION ELASTIC BOUNCY WHATEVER THET ARE. BASICALLY THUNDERDOME FROM MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME. MAN THAT MOVIE IS LIKE REALLY GOOD BEFORE MAX MEETS THE KIDS AND IT JUST FUCKING SUCKS THEN ON. BUT THUNDERDOME WAS GREAT. SO WE HAVE THUNDERDOME BONUSSUPER ROUND
>>
Multuball.
>>
make it so only 2 timeouts are allowed in the 4th quarter, with none allowed during the last 2 minutes of game play

ban hack a ___
>>
>>67854340
Don't watch the craptors

>A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>67854441
>every sport does this
what is literally basebore?
>>67854396
made me kek if im being truthful
>>
>>67854533
The best WNBA player ever just got drafted. She's historically dominant. Hold your fucking words.
>>
>>67854932
You can cut more fat m8

>Cleveland
>Charlotte
>OkC
>Sacramento
>>
>>67856697
sacramento is in by default because of the new arena
>>
File: knockerball-slide-01.jpg (28 KB, 610x370) Image search: [Google]
knockerball-slide-01.jpg
28 KB, 610x370
I believe this sport needs a solid commitment to business ethics and administrative transparency. Also gender-neutral restrooms would probably help out.
>>
Do stuff
>>
>>67854351
so no kevin mchale kevin love bob cousy steve nash dirk or klay thompson
>>
>>67854396
Yup was just gonna say too.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 336x438) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 336x438
>>67854340

Allow dirty play.
>>
You don't have to dribble
Rugby style tackling is allowed
>>
>>67856697

>cutting the Kaingz

Nigga, they're a charter team and the oldest in the league. At least move them to a bigger market.
>>
>no unlimited substitutions
>remove the 3 point line
>no time outs in the final 5 minutes
>place ads on jerseys
>use of hands is prohibited, make them lob the ball in the hoop with their feet
>>
i think this, along with baseball, could be the sport where multiball works
>>
>>67856459
>every sport does this
>reading comprehension
>>
>>67860922

the only game where multiball would work is divegrass
>>
it's fucking dumb how the 'star player' can sit on their ass for 15 minutes and then come back in whenever he pleases
>>
Trampolines and moats with crocodiles
>>
Stop allowing players like James Harden to just rush into the paint and flail their arms around to draw the foul
>>
Change the line to a 4 point line and make inside field goals worth 3 points. Outside shots are now worth 33% more as opposed to 50% more (how it is right now). Dunks are also worth 4 points.
>>
File: Bt0xEUM.jpg (277 KB, 2048x1361) Image search: [Google]
Bt0xEUM.jpg
277 KB, 2048x1361
>>67862966
well someone already tried doing the trampolines before, it didn't take off
>>
>>67863347

>he doesn't know of all the thousands of indoor trampoline basketball arenas thanks to this

even my little cousin had a birthday party in one
$15 for an hour
fun as shit
>>
>Make the season half as long
>College game clock
>5 game series
>eliminate all non shooting and flagrant fouls
>>
>>67863347
wtf is this shit kek
>>
>>67863390

>he doesn't know about slamball

Niggas wrecking their knees everywhere
>>
>>67854638
>her

Kek.
>>
>>67863363
Yeah but that's just at the activity level, I bet I could find an indoor team handball court too if I wanted, that doesn't mean it's seen as anywhere close to a sport here. If you want to compare it to "thousands" of courts like you say slamball has, then there's even more racquetball courts than slamball ones and that's still just an activity-level thing.
>>
>allowed to indefinitely substitute players during a game

>allowed to take 5 steps without a dribble to attempt a layup, and then get called a foul on you because the defender decided to raise his arms to try and stop you

>have to play 80 games when a team with 40 wins can make the playoffs

>some asshole on a microphone has to chant shit to get the audience to yell de-fence

>2016 and the hoop is still only 10 feet high
>>
>>67863347
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOg2PNfimEY

That mat placement and the way they enter the beyond 3 point line makes it look like handball
>>
>>67863390
walled off like hockey
full contact (except from behind) when outside the tramps
can't just camp a tramp, you have to move around
dunks are also worth 3
fouls result in face-offs, not free throws

it was actually really fucking based when I was 12, I'd wait all week for it to air on TNN. then the network became Spike, and they blackballed Slamball because the league owners refused to allow it to become glorified with tons of sex appeal, XFL type "badassery", and wrestling-tier scripting. they actually wanted to make a real sport out of it but nobody would pick them up.
>>
>>67863449

jesus christ my knees hurt just watching this

imagine the sheer force and strain the knees go through jumping from trampoline to hard wood every 10 seconds
>>
>>67863449
>the way they enter the beyond 3 point line
it's because one of the fouls you can get is by killing someone else's bounce by jumping in right after them. 2 players from the same team also can't be on the same trampoline. so those things, combined with the fact that if you miss your timing then the other guy will be up while you're down and make it easy, means that players lurk right outside the tramps waiting for the right time and angle of attack. it's not that they can't enter, it's that they have to think about it a little.
>>
>>67863542
iirc the floors actually are set to be "floating" and are mounted over a cushioned or spring-supported actual floor, to reduce that. the areas right outside the tramps are padded anyways for safe landing and to seal off the edges of the trampolines, so choosing not to land on that is just kinda dumb. there was also talk of having leg braces kind of like what you saw in the Portal games, but there wasn't enough money. they had to regulate the kind of footwear they have as a result, though.
>>
teach more fundamentals
more traveling and carry calls
flop = technical
stop players from deliberately trying to get fouled
fiba rules for timeouts
>>
>>67854340
Remove shooting fouls in the last few minutes of the game.
Get rid of 3 point shot or move the line back(create a 3 point zone?)
Tattoos are not allowed,players must cover tattoos,new players cannot get tattoos
Foul for unsportsmanlike conduct when bench over reacts
Flopping results in shooting 1 ft for other team
Walking results in shooting 1 ft for other team
League-wide bounty's for performance (player with most rebounds gets a bonus etc)
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.