[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We fix FIFA confederations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: new confederations.png (38 KB, 1348x603) Image search: [Google]
new confederations.png
38 KB, 1348x603
Pan-American confederation (navy blue)
Caribbean confederation (light blue)
UEFA (purple)
Arab League confederation (green)
West Africa confederation (pink)
East and South Africa confederation (orange)
AFC (red)
Indian Ocean confederation (yellow)
This could work for a World Cup with 32 or 40 teams; in the latter case, each confederation would be able to send at least one team without the need of inter-confederational playoffs.
The Caribbean teams would stop messing with the other North American countries, and putting the good SA and NA countries in the same confederation would stimulate a decent competition.
Africa has way too many countries; dividing the country into separate confederations would aliviate traveling costs, while all the northern African Arab countries would play with the Asian Arab countries exclusively.
The OFC would disappear because it's very small; it would be absorbed by a new Indian Ocean confederation.
Kazakhstan and Armenia would join the AFC; Kazakhstan would join because it is entirely in Asia; Armenia would join so they don't have to play Turkey or Azerbaijan, just like Israel is UEFA so they don't have to play against the Arabs.
>>
The current scheme is dumb, but your scheme is also dumb.
>>
File: 1280px-World_Map_FIFA2.svg.png (231 KB, 1280x565) Image search: [Google]
1280px-World_Map_FIFA2.svg.png
231 KB, 1280x565
>>67848675

Honestly the best way to fix them is add the Oceanic Confederation to the Asian Confederation, and merge the North American / South American confederations. Leave everything else as it is.

If you did that then each confederation would actually be credible on the world stage. At the moment the North American one isn't very credible because the only semi-decent teams are Mexico and Costa Rica. And the Oceanic one is literally a complete irrelevance.
>>
File: 1441768150709.png (82 KB, 206x206) Image search: [Google]
1441768150709.png
82 KB, 206x206
>All of those meme teams on my glorious CONMEBOL
Ja, no thanks concacucks
>>
File: trash meme.png (407 KB, 570x489) Image search: [Google]
trash meme.png
407 KB, 570x489
>It's another thread where mexico wants to be in conmebol
>>
>>67848963
>merge conmebol and concacaf
lmao

fuck off loser.

go back to importing muslims lmao
>>
>>67848844
Explain how my scheme is dumb.
>>67848963
This was my original idea, but I realised that it would help the smaller countries if they remained together. FIFA always talks about more "inclusion" and shit, and they've threatened many times to increase the number of qualified teams to 40 and remove play-offs, but with the current system it will still be very rare for an Oceanic, a South Asian or Caribbean country to get to the World Cup. If they had their own confederation, they would have higher chances to appear in the World Cup.
>>67848999
Says the comepalomas
>>
>>67848963

Copa Liberatores will be much better off if it includes North America from now on than this one off stunt
>>
>kikes and roaches still in europe
its shit
>>
>>67849257
This could actually be a great idea. Maybe in the future we could be as big as the Euro, who knows? And the name didn't even have to change " Liberators Cup" would probably sound good for english-speakers.
>>
>>67849338
We can't put the kikes with the sandniggers without triggering more bullshit wars.
>>
File: fixed confederations.png (23 KB, 1348x603) Image search: [Google]
fixed confederations.png
23 KB, 1348x603
Divide AFC in 2, everything else stays the same.

WC spots will work like this:
UEFA: 12
CAF: 5.5
CONMEBOL: 4.5
CONCACAF: 2.5
West AFC: 2.5
East AFC: 2.5
OFC: 1.5
Host: 1

For the Club WC, every confederation gets a spot, plus the host country's national champion
>>
>>67853015
>UEFA: 12
>tfw your team still would not qualify
>>
>>67853015
CONCACAF shouldn't exist. The Caribbean teams are dragging it to OFC levels of shit. If Australia could free themselves from that, then North and Central America should be able to free themselves from it too.
You may not want it because you're a Brazilian, the two confederations should join to encourage better football across the Americas, while keeping the shitty Caribbean teams in their containment confederation. (And Venezuela would be thrown away with them so you wouldn't bother with them)
>>
>>67853637
>Concacaf and Conmebol unite
>Only South American teams qualify for the WC
>>
Give CONCACAF Colombia
That's it.
We need a second good team
USAwinslol is getting old
>>
>>67853978
>7-1
>>
>>67854211
Yet can destroy any concacaf member with a B or C team.
>>
>>67854242
thats why you couldnt beat mexico in the group stage right
>>
>>67848963
There is a huge implication stating that current CONCACAF is worse than the AFC, which is not true in the slightest.
>>
>>67854242
Reminder Mexico's C team came the closest to beating current Copa America champs, Chilel.
>>
>>67854464
When you have countries like Cuba and St. Kitts and Nevis playing in the same confederation as Mexico and the USA, you can tell there's a problem. We're two big fish swimming in a small bowl.
>>
Put Israel and turkey in the sub human shit skin confederation where they belong
>>
File: 1464230571131.png (36 KB, 1348x603) Image search: [Google]
1464230571131.png
36 KB, 1348x603
i think it'd be better like this
>europe gets 12
>arabs get 1.5
>africa gets 5
>asia gets 4.5
>north america gets 3
>south america gets 5
is there are 2 hosts it's confederation loses one spot
>>
there is already too many countries shitting up the wc, keep it like it is

also

>not throwing israel in the arab confederation for the bants
>>
>>67863104
>All the butthurt conflicts that would ensue from just the qualifiers
>>
1. UEFA minus the teams that are literally in Asia and the micronations
2. CONMEBOL plus mainland latin teams in concacaf
3. Everyone else in one big semi-relevant confederation
>>
File: 20 teams.png (53 KB, 1425x625) Image search: [Google]
20 teams.png
53 KB, 1425x625
>>67863104
I agree Oman. For this reason I propose merging irrelevant nations to make just 20 teams as shown in the pic.
>>
>>67849257
>>67849411
No
It's a shitty idea
>>
itd be ideal to combine the americas but south america probably would never agree to it so its not happening

i think most countries in asia would agree to a split (arabs to form their own confederation with northern africa). only problem is for this work eastern asia would have to accept oceania and they may not want that. maybe they can convince the likes of russia, causcaus, turkey, etc to join them so they can stay at a relevant size
>>
>>67859282
if theres a split in asia i will bet everything i have plus more that the likes of central asia&iran go with the east. they wont voluntarily agree to get fucked in the anus by arabs
>>
File: touche.gif (350 KB, 255x184) Image search: [Google]
touche.gif
350 KB, 255x184
>>67863472
there are some pretty great teams in there man
>>
>>67863158

make it happen

>>67863472

i like this, they should have a meme-tournament with these teams
>>
>>67863472
So just violate the whole purpose of international competition
Great
>>
>>67848675
>Those teams in our confederation
Nigga we're already bossing the whole of Asia, you think removing the good teams will make it any funner? Also Africa's qualification is fine as it is, just give them an extra slot so that it isn't always the same 5 teams making it.

>The OFC would disappear because it's very small
>creates a new one in the Caribbean
Just do what cricket does, make the team West Indies.
>>
>>67863539
Are you afraid that your MlelS """"club"""" won't stand against the South American clubs?
>>
Top 32 teams as per the FIFA ranking as per the end of the previous calendar year.

Everyone will get mad and butt hurt and people may start to take the ranking seriously la.
>>
>>67864153
The majority of teams in CONCACAF are from the Caribbean. Forcing the smallest, shittiest teams to form a single federation is also a good option.

Speaking about your case, the OFC could join the AFC without the need to create a South Asian confederation. The reason why I thought that was a good idea is that South Asian teams are very underrepresented; even though the Thai own several clubs in the UK, for example, they will never qualify if they have to play against countries like you.
>>
>>67866441
No
I'm currently closer to London than Buenos Aires
That's way too much travel
>>
>>67866522
You'd need to fix the rankings first
>>
>>67849007
Daily Remainder
>>
>>67866845
Those Brazilian teams are closer to Africa than to Mexico yet they still want us to play with them.
>>
OFFICIAL LIST of how to fix UEFA World Cup Qualifications by decrease of competitors

IBERIA: Portugal, Spain & Andorra
BRITANNIA: England, Ireland, Ireland 2, Wales, Scotland, & Faroe
GALIA: France, Belgim, Switzerland & Luxemburg
GERMANIA: Deutschland, Austria, Netherlands & Liechtenstain
RUSSIA NOVAYA: Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Georgia & Kazakhstan
SCANDINAVIA: Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark & Iceland
CZECHOSLOVAKIA: Czech rep, Slovakia & Hungary,
YUGOSLAVIA: Slovenia, Hrvatska, Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo & Macedonia.
ITALICA: Italia, Malta, San Marino & Vatican city,
KYIV RUS: Ukraine, Roumania, Moldova & Belarus
POLAND: Poland & Israel
BYZANTIUM: Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Armenia & Azerbaiyan

A perfect 12 teams' league of european nations. First 6 qualify to WC

I'm not an history nor ethnic expert so do all the corrections you want
>>
>>67863472

my favourite team is the one with all the irrelevant islands and microstates around with world with everything from Tahiti, the Vatican to Lesotho

based as fuck
>>
>>67871335
Finland isn't in Scandinavia
>>
>>67871335
There's no way an Armenian will accept to play with an Azerbaijani or vice-versa. They'd rather kill themselves.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.