[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>From that point onwards, he started sending the players individual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: lang baal.jpg (75 KB, 700x367) Image search: [Google]
lang baal.jpg
75 KB, 700x367
>From that point onwards, he started sending the players individual emails detailing their faults and submitting video clips to highlight his dissatisfaction. Except by that stage a lot of the players were so disillusioned many ignored the emails or redirected them straight to their trash. Van Gaal suspected as much and had a tracker fitted so he could check if the emails were opened and for how long. It became a game of cat and mouse. Some players opened the emails on their mobiles, then left their phones on the side and wandered off for 20 minutes.
>>
>>67786431
>and had a tracker fitted so he could check if the emails were opened and for how long
Bit creepy.
>>
They should learn how take constructive criticism, I'm sure a few would benefit from it but no I'm sure le hype you up only to throw under the bus tinfoil poortuguese manlet is the answer
>>
>>67786431
>be paid millions to play the best football you can
>don't

Everything that is wrong with EPL footballers in one anecdote.
>>
>>67786431
>a lot of the players were so disillusioned many ignored the emails or redirected them straight to their trash

top kek, that's what you do with van laal's spam
>>
They didnt respect him if that was Fergie they would try their best to put it right

Also

>Source?
>>
>>67786431

I'd believe it.
>>
Damn, i didnt even consider the fallout from lvg getting sacked.
Hopefully both sides of the drama spill some juicy bits to the press
>>
>>67786611
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/may/22/louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-players-near-mutiny
>>
>>67786587
I don't agree with some of his choices but if you think there's nothing you can learn from someone who has been around that long and takes that much time into analyzing your play then you're dumb
>>
File: 46541785.png (84 KB, 181x188) Image search: [Google]
46541785.png
84 KB, 181x188
>>67786567
Because of course footballers being unprofessional cunts is an exclusively EPL thing.

Wake up, Fritz. The majority of modern footballers are complete pricks.
>>
he obviously knows the game very well but to be a good coach/manager you also need to be a good leader and that doesn't seem to be him
>>
>tfw van Gaal really tried, but was sacrificed nevertheless so that little crybaby could come to United
>>
>>67786728
he's a bit of a cunt and has anger problems, it's hard to empathize with him

he's still the boss and they get paid to do their best, so there's that, i'm surprised that mancs haven't taken the streets with pitchforks and torches
>>
>>67786669
Guardian seems love to post United faults, while DM love to post United positive sides. As neutral this amuse me.
>>
Even though I think Van Gaal was a terrible choice for United and his job there was a total failure, blaming only him would be completely retarded.
At the end of the day, the players are the one doing most of the work, and most of them are just mercenary who never give 100% of themselves on the pitch, and even if they did I'm unsure about their qualities.
>>
>>67786811
He is a cunt, comes off as someone I'd dislike so I do think he needs to do a better job getting along with his players
I wouldn't like being talked down to either
>>
>>67786811
>i'm surprised that mancs haven't taken the streets with pitchforks and torches
they might've. news travels slowly from Kuala Lumpur
>>
>>67786431
i can guarantee, mourinhos brain games are far, far worse.
>>
>>67786669
Good article but i dont know what makes.them think Mourinho will be in any different. He's just as punitive and rigid in his tactics as Van Gaal imo

Also doesnt suprise me it was Rooney and Carrick he were at the fore front to.disobey him they seem to think they should just walk in the team
>>
>>67786903
probably, but players (mostly) respect and will follow mourinho, don't know if that's the same in Van Gaals case
>>
File: 64645646.png (127 KB, 278x280) Image search: [Google]
64645646.png
127 KB, 278x280
All the sympathy for van Gaal since the Mou news broke is really fucking funny.

The same people accusing United of treating him poorly are the exact same people that were posting in match threads ripping into how shit Manchester United played and how terrible a team they'd become.
>>
>>67786976
You can think he's a terrible manager and a fucking cunt and stil feel sympathy for him in a certain context.
>>
>>67786431

It's crazy that these stories come out at the end of a managerial period. It is almost like 'Journalists' such as Daniel Taylor are effectively stooges for the big clubs.
>>
>>67787033
Feel sympathy for people who deserve it, not some cunt who can't cry into a 5.6M severance package.

All the revision about Van Gaal is already starting. He's already been unjustly credited for successes at Barca and Bayern.
>>
I hate Vanlel as much as the next guy but that's really professional, shame football players are fucking uneducated divas.
>>
>>67786950
>>67786871
Tripfags please go fuck yourselves. This is supposed to be an anonymous image board.
>>
>>67786950
u dumb
>>
>>67787136

>but that's really professional

Kill yourself, nigga.
>>
>>67787117
Haha okay, I'll bite. Explain yourself, Malachy.
>>
>>67786879
underrated post
>>
Good.

Fuck Van Laal. Glad to see him being sacked into retirement

Moyes can't take over soon enough. Hope he loans ThePie to Milwall.
>>
>>67788035
Overrated shit
>>
>>67786822
I don't read the Daily Mail because I have a passport and stayed at school past the age of 14, but I picked up an abandoned one in a cafe the day after the Europa League. I thought it would at least be positive about Liverpool reaching the final, but instead it was all just "HAHA LOOK AT THESE SCOUSE FAGGOTS". It was like /sp/ in a newspaper. It was absolumentdegueulasse.jpg.

But then, everyone knows the Daily Mail is just le master ruseman of newspapers.
>>
>>67788137
What part of Manchester are you from m8?
>>
>>67786669
>want exciting, attacking soccer
>hire mourinho
are the man u owners retarded?
>>
File: 1456009598333.jpg (16 KB, 199x229) Image search: [Google]
1456009598333.jpg
16 KB, 199x229
>>67786431
one of us
>>
>>67788268
Don't be stupid. That's a retarded fallacy thrown around by only the most clueless.

United fans want to win first and foremost. Style comes second.

Besides Lang Baal's Manure is the least entertaining , most backward-passing team in the EPLel.
>>
Did he ever ban the eating of chips
>>
>players sign with legendary Man U
>expect free wins and loads of cash
>free wins don't come
>just give up because they'll get paid anyways

Am I getting this right?
>>
>>67788322
>most backward passes
>most sideways passes
>least passes forward in final third

There's more, but I can't remember them. His football was truly terrible. Nobody should be sad he lost his job. How can you do that to a team like Manchester fucking United.
>>
>>67788146

Holy shit mate you must love the smell of your own farts and i Don't even touch the mail
>>
>>67786804

>Win numerous titles in different leagues in your day
>lose your abilities at the end by getting fucked over by changing mentalities of youngsters

Man, getting old must fucking suck.
>>
>>67788717
Van Gaal has been coasting off his pre-Bosman CL win for like 20 years.

What you described actually happened to Cappelo and Lippi.
>>
This is why it makes me laff when Bob Bradley thinks he could actually bring discipline to upper level EPL clubs
>>
how can you sack a coach after he leads the team to win the FA cup final? Am I missing something?
>>
>>67789251
yeah no one gives a fuck about the domestic cup
>>
>>67789251
Because the win is essentially papering over the cracks at the club. He's failed in the league, failed in Europe, has spent a lot of money, yet really added nothing to the team.

The only positive I can see is that a few youngsters have come on from Man Utd's academy, and LVG deserves credit for that. But God help them when Mou arrives, they'll be resigned to warming the bench.

>>67789283
Clearly they do.
>>
>>67789439
And even Rashford was a fluke. Included on the bench for a Europa League tie simply due to the lack of available attackers, then thrown in at the deep end when Martial was injured in the warm up.
>>
>>67788268
Mourinho broke the record of goals scored in La Liga. He also has the record of points in the Premier League.
>>
>>67789439
>But God help them when Mou arrives, they'll be resigned to warming the bench.

Everyone in the media keeps parroting this shit for some reason, but not playing youngsters and loaning them to make some quick cash is a Chelsea strategy, not a Mourinho one.

Mou is fucking great with youth whenever he's actually given license to play them, instead of playing seniors to win everything like at RM or Chelsea.
>>
>>67786567
Man United players feel entitled to get praise and glory no matter what, just like their "fans"
>>
>>67789660
I've got a weird feeling he might try Rashford on the right - not necessarily permanently, but definitely for a spell.
>>
>>67789660
Because it's not shit, you microcephaly retard.

Look at how Mou screwed over the youth at Inter, and Real Madrid, and Chelsea.

He's a short-term fix manager, who isn't interested in establishing a legacy, or building a team from scratch. He can take what you've got, throw £100m at it and within a few seasons deliver silverware.

Man Utd will be looking for a new manager before the end of the decade when he's alienated all the players and staff, pissed off the media, offended the hierarchy and embarrassed the club.

What Man Utd should do is accept their current position and understand it'll take time to rebuild. Hire someone like Unai Emery and give him the support needed to build a club up to a respectable position again.
>>
>>67789898
They are desperate to retain the status of the Fergie era and they sold their souls to the Devil, only time will show us the clauses of this contract.
>>
>>67790008
Mou will be dictating what he does. The club forcing him to play academy products will not be accepted.
>>
>>67789898
This is correct. Mourinho will ALWAYS be a short term fix.

He was supposed to be at Chelsea for a long time - got sacked after 3 years.

Then he was supposed to build a dynasty in Madrid - sacked after 3 years

Then he said he's only happy at Chelsea and will be there for years - sacked after 2.5 years.

He always delivers trophies but he always arrived at the clubs that were on the cusp of titles and needed that extra something. United are further away from genuine contention than any club he joined before, so I'm very interested how far he's going to take them before he reaches his 3 year expiration date.
>>
>>67786728
A lot of footballers are dumb.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.