[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Double team him he have the court vision to find the open
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: stephen-curry.jpg (83 KB, 594x350) Image search: [Google]
stephen-curry.jpg
83 KB, 594x350
>Double team him he have the court vision to find the open man

>Guard him at half court line he will blow past you and drive

>Play close defense on him, he will cross you up and shoot in your face

>Blink for a second, he have the release speed to catch you with your eyes closed and drain a 3

>Leave him open, 3 pointers are a free throw to him

>Hes having a off day, still have to double team him just incase he gets hot and drop 20 on you in 1 quarter

>Not making 3s, he have the speed and ball handling to drive the ball

So how do you stop him and his team of demi-gods? Steph Curry is literally a cheat.
>>
Just stick your foot under him
>>
lol you dont have to double him. just force him to drive and knock that little beta bitch on the floor when he goes for the layup
>>
>>67733757
>>67733778
>injure him
so you can't stop him without breaking the rules and being unsportsmanlike?
>>
>>67733778

So instead of contesting the shoot just foul him when he shoots like 92% from the free throw line.

>You should be a coach

>>67733757

Are all maple niggers faggots?
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 320x180
>Hockey Strategy: Get an "enforcer"(ie some brute who can throw a punch but sucks as the sport) to injure the opposing team's best player

This should work.
>>
File: dellavedova_lebron.jpg (102 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
dellavedova_lebron.jpg
102 KB, 630x354
>>67733746

Delly will stop him come finals time.
>>
Only way Curry can be stopped is if somoene injures him hahahaha

How GOAT can one player be?

People can't even create a strategy to stop him that don't involve literally fighting him
>>
>>67733813

Just like he did last year right?
>>
>>67733800
2pts<3pts. This season his fg% inside the arc isnt that great. Make him earn the fts.

Watch as the non-existant commish shows up and bans hack-a-shaq when its used on the mvp
>>
>>67733796
>Sticking your foot under him is breaking the rule
>sportsmanship
Lel

Lmao if he is God Almighty then why not?

Just play better defense on the rest of the team
>>
>>67733845

What? His 2 point percentage is 56%...highest it has ever been. His lay up percentage is over 90%. shots within 5 feet are like 75%.

What the fuck are you on about m8?
>>
File: image.jpg (265 KB, 641x1034) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
265 KB, 641x1034
Gaze into the future with me
>>
>>67733845
Steph Curry would need to be shooting 3s with 62% accuracy for this to make sense. He shoots at 44%

welcome to 6th grade math
>>
>>67733884

Even without Steph, Golden State could probably still beat Cleveland.

Its been shown when hes out of a game. His team steps up to a different level and plays God tier defense and have insane shooting percentages..
>>
>>67733845
>>67733891

His 2pt percentage is 56%, which is actually less effective than his 3pt percentage of 45%.

So forcing him inside of the 3pt line is a good strategy, if you can do that.
>>
>>67733902

Tbh thats cuz steph is a product of the system

Superstars make their teammates better and steph doesnt really do that. Klay/draymond/iguodala make steph better but not the other way around. Stephs a nice player but you could replace him with any borderline allstar scoring guard like isiah thomas or jrue holiday and theyd be almost as good
>>
>>67733936
this post is terrible
>>
>>67733936

He literally forces teams to double him, he has to be watched at all times. You have to guard him. Even if he dosen't shoot the ball alot you wil exert a shit ton of energy guarding him at half court and chasing him down everywhere.

Hes damn near the equivalent of having 6 man on the floor.

Your post literally gave me aids.

Just watch how hard Westbrook be breathing by halftime having to pick up a guy at half court and chase him down making sure your not more then 2 feet from him.

The team would still be a playoff team without Curry, but having him on the floor opens up alot of shots for his team-mates

Making contested 3s while being guarded, being able to drive and have amazing ball handling and court vision have shit to do with "the system".

You're literally a fucking retard.
>>
>>67733936
lool
>>
File: 287 pounds.jpg (50 KB, 552x739) Image search: [Google]
287 pounds.jpg
50 KB, 552x739
>>67733746
>Guard him at half court line he will blow past you and drive
>Not making 3s, he have the speed and ball handling to drive the ball
Uhhh, I agree with everything else, but what? Curry is probably the slowest point guard in the league, he can't get past any defenders. The only time he gets to the paint is off back door outlets. He can't beat any guard off the dribble 1v1.
>>
>>67734051

You're right hes not the fastest. If this was 2k i would give him 89 speed but here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy0p42tfhsE

He don't need to be the fastest man on the court to cross you up and get a step on you where you can't catch up...
>>
He singehandely make NBA entertaining again.

Watching Lebron throw his 6'8 240 pound body against players to get fouls isn't entertaining.

Watching a team of drones (spurs) with no entertaining players isn't exciting

Watching James Harden depend on free throws to score points isn't entertaining

Watching 7 foot players back down people and shoot off the glass isn't entertaining

>So what do you find entertaining anon

a 6'3 170 pound guy crossing people up and obliterating players twice his size is entertaining

a westbrook thats hot is entertaining

A long slanky Kevin Durant playing like "Stretch" from NBA streets is entertaining

Honestly NBA only have 2 exciting teams to watch and thats OKC and GSW. I literally fell asleep watching every Eastern conference playoff game so far.
>>
The Kerr system is elite but Curry acts as a great fall-back plan. When the opposing defense is throwing the system out of whack Curry can go iso and hit some step back 3s to pull away. Golden State without Steph is a Spurs-tier team. But with him they're like the Spurs plus the best individual scorer in the game, which is pretty fucking nice.
>>
>>67734145
The Blazers were fun. Plucky underdogs led by Dame "don't make me shit on a nigga" Lillard, CJ "Isaiah Thomas after a growth spurt" McCollum, and Mason "Coach my name isn't Miles" Plumlee.
>>
File: 1392133015870.jpg (59 KB, 600x444) Image search: [Google]
1392133015870.jpg
59 KB, 600x444
>>67733936

>some delusional lebronfag actually, literally, unironically, typed this out
>>
just injure him and send the fuck to the emergency room
>>
>>67733746
Just let the sweat on the floor stop him
>>
>>67734145
>a 6'3 170 pound guy crossing people up and obliterating players twice his size is entertaining

you see this in every pickup game, what the hell? Smaller guy beating a bigger guy off the dribble in the nba doesn't mean anything because that's what they're supposed to do
>>
>>67734145
Post play is the most beautiful thing in the entire world. I could watch Duncan, Boogie Cousins or Hakeem all day.
>>
>the best ever gu-guysss
>in his best season he scores 30 ppg, not 50 or anything like that
Jordan thinks it's cute
>>
he is a white guy from the suburbs so the easiest way to defeat him is to demoralize him. fuck his wife, spread rumors about his kid, and leak nudes of his mom.
>>
>>67735964
> white

what? he's lightskin, a shooter, and grew up rich but that doesn't mean he's white.
>>
>>67736111
mentally he is white, and that's all that matters in this case. if you can get nudes of his mom, or if he has a small dick and you leak pics of those, it's over. the cavs win in 4.
>>
>>67733838
Held him under 20 points for the first 2 games before fatigue set in.

Now they're rested and healthy, so yeah.
>>
>>67733936
>jrue holiday
At least don't make it obvious
>>
>>67733851
>sticking your foot under him

What?
>>
>>67738161

averaged 26 PPG with 11 steals...and 38 fucking assist
>>
You can't stop him, hes literally a demi-god.
>>
>>67733936
>(You)
>>
>>67749320

Fouling a guy that dominates inside and outside the paint...

Some people simply don't understand Steph is a real life glitch. Its not possible to stop him, he has a answer for every single strategy you can throw at him.

Physical giants like Lebron can be slowed down or stopped if you force him to shoot the ball and don't allow him to drive. Lebron can't win at the 3 point line and with Kyrie being made of glass its not wise to keep feeding him the ball game after game he will eventually get hurt.
>>
Steph Curry priority order

1. Look for the open 3 point

2. Look for the open player

3. drive on 1 on 1

4. Take contested 3s (which he makes like 40% of which is insane)

I'm still waiting for a legit answer for him.
>>
>>67733902
Literally kys. They were struggling against Portland without Steph. They are worse than OKC/Spurs/Clippers easily in the West.
>>
File: 1459192922529.jpg (29 KB, 446x357) Image search: [Google]
1459192922529.jpg
29 KB, 446x357
>>67733936
>>
>>67749584

>There were struggling against Portland without Steph

Game 1. Draymond green triple double. Klay thompson 37 points. Out rebound them, more fast break points, 26 point lead.

Game 2. Lose

Game 3. Win

Game 4. Win

Game 5. Steph Curry returns they win

Stick to poverty ball you queen worshipping muslim infested 3rd world shithole fucked up teeth faggot.
>>
>>67749584

And on the only loss of that series Draymond green dropped 37 points you fucking idiot.
>>
>>67749584

>They are worse than OKC/Spurs/Clippers easily in the West

Nice one 3rd worlder. I fell for your bait. Shouldn't have let my emotions control my response and paid more attention to that flag.
>>
>>67733991
>The team would still be a playoff team without Curry
They'd probably be a Finals team without Curry. Curry is an insane shooter, but he wouldn't be nearly as good on any other team.
>>
>>67733991
>being able to drive and have amazing ball handling and court vision have shit to do with "the system".
So basically your typical NBA point guard?
>>
>>67750432

Only PG i know that have the court vision steph curry have is Chris paul. Only PG i know with the ability to drive and finish with finesse is Kyrie irving.
>>
>>67743469
He averaged 6.3 assists per game retard

He had 11 steals and 38 assist the entire series retard.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2015-nba-finals-cavaliers-vs-warriors.html
>>
>>67751380

Thats literally what i just said m8. What are you on about?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.