[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do they still use those ugly wooden bats in MLB? Why not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1459377348844.png (67 KB, 1456x1108) Image search: [Google]
1459377348844.png
67 KB, 1456x1108
Why do they still use those ugly wooden bats in MLB? Why not move on to aluminum or composite?

They moved on from wooden sticks in the NHL
>>
>>67730883
2:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avhsBzjBx3w
>>
>>67730960
and? same things happens in mlb with wooden bats
>>
>>67730960
Nigga that's just slow as fuck reaction time, that should have been an easy catch
>>
>>67730960

WTF was the batter doing? He could have at least made it to third base.
>>
The majors are designed around wooden bats. If they used aluminum the bats would have to be specially designed to act like wooden bats. But the problem is that records and milestones are a huge part of baseball. Even if aluminum bats are 'deadened' to act like wood they'd still be lighter which means the bat speed of every player is increased drastically.
>>
The fields can only be so big, anon. The diamond would have to be larger too.

This isn't a fucking driving range.
>>
I fucking hate the pinging sound aluminum bats make when they hit the ball. Wooden bats make a satisfying cracking sound. That alone is enough to keep wood over metal.
>>
Wait, I thought ball velocity was decreased on aluminum bats? In theory, "safer"?
>>
>>67733619
>But the problem is that records and milestones are a huge part of baseball.
You're right, that is a problem. Get rid of all that stuff and make it a real sport again.
>>
>>67733905
Nope, the exact opposite is true.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.