[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCK PARLIAMENT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
Why does this club get to move into a 2012 Olympics AthleticsStadium for FREE next season? On the British tax payer's dime?

How do other London club fans stick up with this. Your taxes just funded an enemy lol. Also the owners just made a 300% profit just by being tenants.

This is also a rent free lease LOL
>>
UK is dumb. They should be taxing WestHam on everything they sell.

They have the Cheapest Tickets in the Premier League. HOW.

Tax them you dumbfucks
>>
Its better than having it go to waste like many World Cup and Olympics venues , but they should pay
>>
>>67720819
who said its free? they are paying £2.5m a season for it and they already payed £15m for the conversion
>>
>>67721079

That stadium is well over 500 MILLION POUNDS before the upgrades. The government is spending 250 million on upgrades so it will be ready for Premier League football for westham.

Thats 750 million pounds, On a government tax payer building. A building that westham pays 2.5 million per year on. While making a fortune inside of it.

Its robbery
>>
>>67721079

Oh so it will be fully paid off in about 400 years right?
>>
The big unnoticed thing is that west ham get less than half of the naming rights money, with the rest going to LLDC. That, combined with the £2.5mil/year rent, conversion costs, performance costs (they pay extra the higher they finish), will cost them in the long term

From bbc regarding
>As an example, in a hypothetical 10-year naming deal worth £50m, the LLDC would get £45m with West Ham receiving £5m.
>>
>>67721207
About 120-150 years apparently, taking into account inflation
>>
>>67721220

They need to hurry up & sell the naming rights to Qutar Airways. This deal is still crazy to me, how lucky these pricks are
>>
I agree but any american who defends the way billionaire owners get their stadiums built on our dime here shouldn't be posting ITT
>>
>>67720819
It's a fucking disgrace but this is what you get with West Ham. Everything's London centric. Shame it's a horrible place to exist for non-millionaires.
>>
didn't the olympics make a huge profit? the taxpayers aren't paying for this.
>>
So the stadium should just be left to rot then? And be used maybe a couple times a year?

Giving it to a football team that will actually use it makes sense.
>>
>>67722675
OP is just a salty palace cuck trapped in his bandbox or a Millwall cuck trapped in the lower leagues
>>
The UK has pretty much been the only country where clubs don't get a stadium built for them by the city council or move into olympic/worldcup/euros stadiums.

I'm a Chelsea fan so I'm not really happy about it but fair play to West Ham, it's up to every club to carve their own legacy, all's fair in love and war etc.
>>
>>67722411
the profit from that particular stadium will likely be matched by the middle of the first season of EPL games it hosts

yea it's better than leaving it to crumble but the gist of it is that a private company is being gifted a public stadium
>>
File: 1390594681509.png (35 KB, 316x358) Image search: [Google]
1390594681509.png
35 KB, 316x358
>>67722797
That feel when your state just spent $500 million on a $1 billion football stadium after building the local uni and baseball team stadiums and is now balking at creating a property tax and construction sales tax exemption which would cost $20 million for our soccer team. The soccer team is planning on spending $150 million to build a stadium and then turn it over to the government.

I feel so cucked by our local football team.
>>
>>67721166

East London and the Docklands have been run down for years since the ship building industry left, it's being gentrified like crazy now and Stratford in particular is becoming one of 'the' places to be, along with all the football fans coming into the area and spending money at new local businesses and at the Westfield shopping centre it will all pay off pretty quickly.
>>
>>67722939
Fuck off, can't even molest slags in Silvertown anymore
>>
>>67721815
I can't imagine how it would be nice even for millionaires
>can't drive your fancy car everywhere due to traffic and lack of parking
>noisy wherever you are
>more likely to get mugged
>restaurants and nightclubs are probably stuffed full of wankers
>very few places to do traditional rich people activities like golf, tennis, horseriding
>house probably smaller than anywhere else in the UK
>>
>>67723186

London is great when you're young though, there's so much going on, any day of the week you can find some crazy event, tons of easy foreign girls who moved to London to become an actress or a model too.
>>
>>67722932
>killing soccer before the hipsters/beaners try to force it mainstream
thank god, had no idea Minnesota was so based.

Soccer is fucking boring and its only forced by globalists because its the most globally inclusive sport, if I wanted to watch people lightly jog for an extended period of time I'd watch a marathon.
>>
Good on West Ham for getting a good deal and providing cheaper tickets than the other teams, plus they did try several times to buy the stadium outright
>>
>>67720819
Brits got cucked, they kinda like being fucked like that.
>>
>>67721815

Cunt why are you not complaining about the Etihad stadium since they got it for free exactly like West Ham ?
>>
>>67720819

West Ham got the deal of the century stop being jealous
>>
File: 1463508139824.png (20 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1463508139824.png
20 KB, 640x480
>ITT: bandwagon babbys chat shit about West Ham but have no issue with Man City

Stay mad faggots, I'll be enjoying the view from our nice new tax-payer funded stadium at your ( or more likely your parents you sad fat neets) expense.
>>
m8 you realize the US is the worst offender of this right?
>>
>>67721166
I'm more upset about people who go to Benidorm on their benefits.
>>
>>67720819
>watching football in that stadium
I've been to the olympic stadium many times, some as a viewer and sometimes for work, christ watching football their would be awful
>>
Meanwhile , a team like Arsenal had to contrubute blood sweat and tears just to get the Emirates Stadium going, selling off their best players to fund it ext...

Meanwhile West Ham gets free shit then smashes everyone with the Cheapest tickets in the BPL. A bunch of plastics will fill their dome fuck them, fuck all of them
>>
>>67726704

Apparently with all the upgrades , watching a match in there will be like watching a game at Manchester City's commonwealth arab dome.

Well the pitch distance from the first row of seats anyways. The seats will be movable and will sit on The race track portion durring the season
>>
>>67723317
>only forced by globalists because its the most globally inclusive sport

Amerifats honestly think this is a bad thing.
>>
It was sitting there doing shite all, better that it actually has a purpose now.
>>
West Ham are paying 2.5m for 99 year lease + 15m
That totals to 262m, over 100 years, not even including inflation it is ridiculous
>>
>>67728209

Arsenal fucked up and it's hillarious, literally every other major club in London is getting a new stadium that won't even hurt them financially because of the TV money etc. Chelsea, Spurs and West Ham will all have better stadiums and Arsenal are stuck with their shitty glass bowl which they can't upgrade without a huge battle with Islington Council.
>>
>>67720819
Can't believe I've read the thread ane seen no mention of Karen Brady. Tory peer, wouldn't be surprised if she literally sucked someone's cock to get the stadium for free (although tories typically prefer young boys). This whole stadium deal is burlusconi/corrupt African country-tier and it's completely embarrassing
>>
>>67722932
>Minnesota doing its part to fuck the mls in the ass.

Based

Literally go to Europe you cunt.
>>
>>67730549
I don't understand why it can't just be used for athletics meets. How much more inspiring would it be for young, talented athletes to go to English schools' in the same stadium where mo and ennis etc won their medals instead of the fucking alexandra. As someone who was there on super Saturday it's a crying shame that the stadium has been gifted to a football team and 20,000 seats have been ripped out
>>
East London council tax payers getting fucked hard.
>>
>>67721220

naming rights likely to be closer to £150m over ten years. still a bargain.

and their fans are poorfags so they won't come close to the £100m a year emirates matchday income.
>>
>>67738211
Did I hear that they wouldnt have to pay maintenance staff and such as well?
>>
>Why does this club get to move into a 2012 Olympics AthleticsStadium for FREE next season?

owners are jewish. no seriously
>>
More importantly, how did it take 4 fucking years to get it ready when the stadium itself was built in 2 years?
>>
>>67720819

West Ham fans are the real losers here because they will be sat 1 mile from the pitch and wont be able to see shit
>>
Its called supply and demand fags. How many football teams could move into the stadium? Oh thats right, only West Ham is close enough and large enough. Theres no one they have to outbid. And if UK charged too much, they could just stay at Boleyn Ground. West Ham had all the leverage, so they got a great deal.
>>
File: 1445937034136.jpg (18 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1445937034136.jpg
18 KB, 499x499
thanks for paying for my stadium cucks :^)
>>
>4chan talking about taxes

Cringe time everytime.
>>
stay butmad
>>
>>67720819
You guys haven't to pay new stadiums for private teams to prevent them for relocate? that's even worse since happens everytime.
>>
File: house-in-stadium.jpg (522 KB, 1574x766) Image search: [Google]
house-in-stadium.jpg
522 KB, 1574x766
>>67722675
The japs had the right idea.
>>
>>67756261

oh fuck they didn't even bother to destroy it before this.
>>
I don't watch footy, but I saw Green Street Hooligans, so I like the Hammers. Half my family is Welsh though, so I kind of have to be a Leeds fan when I visit, if I don't want to be disowned.

How young are most kids scouted over there? My little cousin (a Man U fan, lol) was scouted by Leeds and he's 10. I went to watch him play, and holy fuck - that little bastard can fly out there.
>>
>>67738519
because Tories.
>>
Anything wrong with the old stadium?
>>
>>67757234

Nothing wrong but this is a on opputunity of a life time to get a 60K for peanuts
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.