[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm gonna be frank with you here. I want to play football,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1462736845744.jpg (84 KB, 500x745) Image search: [Google]
1462736845744.jpg
84 KB, 500x745
I'm gonna be frank with you here. I want to play football, I'm 19 and all my experience is from playing with my friends and in school during pe.

Would I have a chance to make it somewhere decent if I started training at my age and work up through leagues or is my childhood dream far gone? Parents wouldn't let me train football when I was younger. Fucking cunts.
>>
go ask at local clubs
I tried to start at 15 and always got rejected because I had no previous experience, but maybe it's not as demanding there
>>
>>67707348
You can play for fun, sure, but you can never get to semi-pro/pro level. Sorry m8, but you can still have fun with the lads like the rest of us without being literal pub league tier
>>
>>67707348
>I'm 19
>Would I have a chance to make it somewhere decent
don't think so unless you have some major talent that would have gone unnoticed, kids start really, really young. You could still play in the mls, though

Just join a club and see how it goes
>>
>>67707373
By experience do you mean you literally never played football before, or you just didn't have any academy experience?

>>67707401
That's depressing to hear, but down to earth I guess..

>>67707403
I talked to some guy few days ago, and he mentioned a recently established club (5 yrs ago) who are really bad, and he said I could try joining there. The only problem is, their site says '98 are the oldest players there, or at least those who train. I really doubt they'd take me in, but I'll try calling the academy up.
>>
>>67707497
I wasn't registed in my country's FA. I had played before in a club, but never competitively because we only scheduled friendlies
>>
>>67707348
Mate just go for it, you're going to have to start from the VERY bottom but it can be done, be prepared to work very hard though and play for appalling teams initially.
>>
>>67707497
I didn't mean to say you couldn't play for a club, you definitely could. Just not at a professional level.

I doubt anyone on /sp/ could do that desu, except for that one guy who had a stint with the Man City youth academy
>>
It's pretty much impossible considering your age if you haven't been playing youth football for professional clubs.

If you're really obsessed with football though there are tons of jobs that could get you on the sideline and involved with the club professionally, it might even be better in the long run as you could have a career for decades rather than 10 years and blowing all your money on drugs and alimony payments when your WAG leaves you.
>>
probably because in yurop there's no real talent so any drunk hobo can become a pro even if he's old
>>
>>67707726
I think you mistook Europe for USA.
>>67707571
Meh I'll give it a shoot. Nothing to lose.
>>
>>67707348
I think you definitely have a chance to make it somewhere. Im gonna use a simple example. Just look at rakitic. What does he do for the most of the game? Just running around and givind the ball to the player first to him. Sure, he can shoot good, but its not hard to learn. All you need is ball jugling and it is not hard to learn. You could make 100 jungles by training jugling 2 hours/day. Soo good luck anon :)
>>
>>67707403
>You could still play in the mls, though

kek, true
>>
>>67707348

Liédson started at 22. Don't give up anon, you're young.
>>
File: 5555.png (136 KB, 213x609) Image search: [Google]
5555.png
136 KB, 213x609
>>67708096
he started in 1996. That wat 20 yrs ago and he is 38 now. So he started at 18
>>
>>67707497
just join any local academy or club you can and enjoy yourself. There are also local amateur leagues, many teams are always looking for another player.

The thing of making any career out of it is out of the question. Kids start as young as 4 so by the time they reach your age their skills and bodies (muscles, tendons, joints) are completely conditioned to the sport, while your body is already developed and not conditioned. Doesn't matter, just have fun and you can still find a job in anything related to football that is not being a professional player.
>>
>>67708193

Poções is shit-tier brazilian club, if you have a pair of legs you could probably play there. He was working at a warehouse ffs, he just played part-time.

His professional career started at 22/23. He got is first big contract at 26/27.

Lots of clubs have open trials, just train hard and try your luck.
>>
>>67707348

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Wright

Absolutely.. age isnt the issue, it's the drive. Are you prepared to train 3x harder than everyone else and play as much non-league as you can?
>>
>>67708452

It's definitely a lot harder today than what it was when Ian Wright did it though, in the 80s half the players were smoking and drinking and playing mostly longballs was the norm for every club in the world.
>>
>>67708003
Hvala! :D

>>67708452
I'm prepared to push myself as far as I can. I'm not letting a shitty decision of my parents to rule out my dream.
>>
>>67708521
wasn't Ribéry an "old starter" too?
>>
>>67707726

7-1
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.