[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not trying to troll or being disrespectful, just asking an honest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: TSUUUUUmpions League.jpg (267 KB, 1426x723) Image search: [Google]
TSUUUUUmpions League.jpg
267 KB, 1426x723
Not trying to troll or being disrespectful, just asking an honest question:

Has it ever been an easier path to a CL final? Because, tbqh, I can't remember an easier one.

They haven't faced an European Champion in the whole competition. At least Porto had to beat Man United in 2004.

Discuss, espee.
>>
File: 1462638219620.jpg (357 KB, 960x525) Image search: [Google]
1462638219620.jpg
357 KB, 960x525
Yes.

I'm not being funnt, but Leicester City could have walked through that this season.

If we get a path like that next season i'd be scared, honestly looks like a path of victories.
>>
>>67697549
First CL of Barca.
Learn the history of your hideous club, fag.
>>
>2nd place in La Liga
>faces 2nd place of Serie A, Bundesliga and EPL
seems about right
>>
>>67697583
Who said I support Barça?

And btw, I checked and they had to face Benfica in 1992, so at least they played against an European Champion.
>>
File: 1452875937986.gif (3 MB, 270x266) Image search: [Google]
1452875937986.gif
3 MB, 270x266
>>67697571
>leicester city could have walked through that
>>
Funilly Atletico on the other hand has had one of the hardest paths to the final ever.
>>
>>67697635
Are you joking? Look how easy that is.

>Malmo
>Shakhtar
>PSG
>Roma
>Wolfsburg
>Manchester City (unironically dominated)

People are STILL shitting on Leicester, unreal really. Leicester have been the best team in the world this year.
>>
>>67697549
Compare that to Atleticos draws, three league winners
>>
>>67697635
Which hurdle would they fall at then Sheikh? All the meme teams? The worst PSG have been since before your bethren got them? Mercenary city?
>>
>>67697669
They've only been the best team in the Premier League, it was a fluke and they somehow managed to string it all together for one season.

It will never happen again, next season if that was their group they'd be join bottom with Malmo.

>>67697707
PSG would dominate them, they would struggle to make it out of the groups.
>>
>>67697727
Fuck off you rat. That's not true and you know it. You can only beat what's in front of you, if Leicester dominated the Prem so easily by such a margin, and took care of teams like Manchester City and Chelsea, then on what planet do you think poverty European teams could beat Leicester, who are incredibly difficult to beat and stop.

Leicester won't be as strong next year, but they'll be up there and still finish higher than the likes of fucking Liverpool.
>>
>>67697745
But they lost to Spurs and Hull in cup competitions. In cup competition they falter entirely.

Somewhere like the CL where they can't always rely on other results they'd struggle massively and they'll struggle hugely next season.

They won't get top 10.
>>
>>67697776
You must be fun at parties. Thank fuck you didn't waste quads there.
>>
>>67697571
>we

What part of Leicester you from mate?
>>
>>67697620
Plus against Serie A champion when Serie A was the top league
>>
>>67697789
Just wait mate, you Leicester fans who have been loyal since January 2016 will be upset next season.
>>
>>67697776
>implying they didn't take a dive against spurs
>>
Would be a travesty if Atletico lost.
>>
>>67697598
Roma is 3rd, Wolfsburg out of the EL and City is 4th
>>
>>67697727
>Fluking 38 results
Salty
>>
>>67697853
Maybe he was talking about where they finished last season
>>
>>67697727

>it was a fluke

Bandwagoner please. The league is set up to be impossible to fluke, it's 38 games and 10 months long.
>>
>>67697798
Anstey, what about you fraud?

>>67697776
The cup game to Spurs was a much weaker half arsed team because Spurs in the league was much more important, obviously look who won that game. The game against Hull was good and Leicester should have easily won even with the youth team, the bit part players didn't do their job and lost on penalties to a play-off team, big deal when you're expected relegation.

How many starters vs Hull started in the final game of the season? One, Okazaki who is the weakest starter. So take any pre-determined deapth shit out of your mouth.
>>
>>67697745
>took care of teams like Man City and Chelsea

Neither of those two teams beat any of the top 5, except for Chelsea beating Arsenal once. They were awful this season, beating them means nothing.
>>
>>67697871
probably
but that doesn't matter in the slightest
>>
>>67697888
>beating them means nothing.
Maybe in luckswing when you play 152 games a season and beating the Cubs on a 3-run homerun gets you a W, but in Premier League terms over 90 minutes beating two very rich, highly paid with world class players who both have winners medals is a big deal.
>>
>>67697549

But that's all there is, lad. Sad but true. I mean, out of Bayern, Barsa, Juve, who else is there that wouldn't have made it 'an easy way to the final' (it never is anyway, but that's another story) for us???

3 teams lad. 3 fucking teams. Plus Atleti.

The rest is filled with Citys, Wolfsburgs, Zenits, Arsenals... Is it our fault not to get one of the 3 teams drawn against us in the k.o rounds???

I really want Italy to return to their former self and fill the competition again with tough competitive teams, plus the likes of the formers Ajax, Porto, the occasional tough nuts of Monaco, Lyon, nordic/turk/eastern euro surprise of the season, etc...

But, fugg... Nowadays it's just the Citys, Wolfsburgs, Zenits, Arsenals... and it's getting worse with the Leicesters, the latest meme product of the EPL memes factory...
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.