[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JUST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 500x578) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 500x578
JUST
>>
Recently graduated from Baylor - word there are going to be firings everywhere, from the coach up to the president. It's nuts.

I don't even care. I love watching football, but I can't deny that the culture that surrounds it is totally fucked. I am so, so disappointed with Baylor.
>>
Why are people surprised by this? Keep in mind that these players are Straight out of high school and were star athletes in their school. They got away with not doing work or going to class in high school and were loved by teachers and students cause they did good in sports.
All they did bring that mentality into a bigger stage where the coaches and stuff let them get away with things.
>>
>>67686571
Isn't Baylor kinda a wannabe rich people school? Or an actual rich people school?

My buddy lived in Dallas for a few years and explained the hierarchy of schools but that was a few years ago
>>
and I thought FSU was bad
>>
>>67686707
Because it doesn't happen as much at other schools. Or if it does, everyone else is way better at hiding it
>>
Really doesn't surprise me, whole program seemed like it was getting bloated.
>>
Just the way they got good very quickly makes you suspicious, like they'd decided to recruit talented dudes with too much baggage for bigger name programs. Kinda like UNC football and their recruiting classes of literal illiterates
>>
>>67686726
It's wannabe rich, but over the past decade or so it's been really growing. It's definitely been aiming to be an "elite" university in multiple respects (not just the football program, but academics - the honors college is quite good), but all that's in the shitter now.
>>
Makes sense too. I love Kendall Wright but the dude is stupid. How he could survive at a school like Baylor is beyond me.
>>
File: Typical Baylor Dorm Room.gif (2 MB, 618x355) Image search: [Google]
Typical Baylor Dorm Room.gif
2 MB, 618x355
>>
>Baptists

Why are they such hypocrites?
>>
>>67686789
This. They did a complete 180 from perennial doormat/joke team to an AP top 10 usual suspect it made my head spin. They didn't take all the necessary steps to build a genuinely strong tradition of winning; they took the quick and easy way and they're paying for it now.
>>
>>67686707
I'm not surprised by players acting out. I AM surprised by the administration and the local cops covering it up. That's dirty as fuck.
>>
what the fuck happened?
>>
Death penalty?
>>
>>67687490
Coaches, admins, and local PD covered up lots crimes by players.
>>
>>67687503
No school will ever get it again. At worst, it will be playoff bans and rescinding of trophies, plus fines and scholarship reductions. But the NCAA won't be able to force a school to no longer be on TV. They will probably bring the hammer down on Baylor to show a message they're still strong after the Miami, Penn State, and UNC debacles.
>>
>>67687503
I wouldn't be surprised. Baylor was literally who until RG3 si it's not like anyone would miss them, and in the current media climate its always smart to score points with feminists/liberals, which the NCAA has not been doing a great job of recently?
>>
File: 1347242758002.jpg (799 KB, 1786x2448) Image search: [Google]
1347242758002.jpg
799 KB, 1786x2448
I go to Oregon State. Literally all our University President here does is talk about how accepting and not racist our campus is. We've had campus walks, ad campaigns, and more. New freshmen have to take a social justice quiz (that's actually what it's called) before they're allowed to register for classes. They let some football rape victim from the 80s talk to the current football team "if it would comfort her".

I thought it was just my school being ridiculous SJWs but now that I think about it, it sure makes plausibly denying a situation like Baylor has now a ton easier.
>>
>>67688277
that pic gives me nostalgia of when i was fucking college whores
>>
One more reason I no longer watch NCAA football/basketball. Supporting such a deplorable group of coaches/athletes/fans is just too much. It really has no place in the college setting anymore.
>>
>>67686726
baylor law is gud.
>>
>>67689836
this. ncaa is just cringe, all of it is. from coaches to the upper ncaa fucks.
all about money, and not about the kids. unless you have a coach who actually stays put. there are only a handful of them, but even those guys get mega bux while kids get close to nothing.
>>
>>67690234

The worst part is that schools outside of the major conferences are not even able to support their athletic programs through revenue so the money is coming from students. It's absurd.
>>
>>67690698
yeah but nobody cares about schools outside the power conferences so there is less incentive to cheat
>>
>>67687747
I didn't know Urban Meyer was coaching at Baylor
>>
Ole Miss is next
>>
>>67691380
Weren't they already sort of shady about Nkemdiche? And this was long before the whole draft thing
>>
this will be the blow that kills the Big 12
>>
>>67687204
I'm never as surprised as I am full of keks.

One: I'm always suspicious that a lot of universities cover up bad stuff
Two: Whenever a story about some scandal or something comes out, I always assume (based on my suspicions) that they just failed to sweep the issue under the rug like I assume most other universities do.

It just seems like a lot of university sports programs are run by people that still harbor conservative values. Maybe that will change someday, I don't know.

On another somewhat related topic, something that bugs me is how in some cases involving "rape" or sexual harassment, it can be difficult to tell whether the situation is blown out of proportion by the victim (or entirely fabricated for hush money, attention, or crazy fucked-up reasons) or if they really were abused in some way.

Take the Peyton Manning scandal, for instance. The story has been twisted a few times, so I don't even know if he shoved his ass and testicles in a trainer's face on purpose or if it was an accident and he only wanted to prank a teammate.
>>
>>67686746
Yeah, this is always what I assume. Especially with big name programs. If a university's sports program manages to be successful for an extended period of time (say, several years or more), chances are that they've covered some stuff up or used under-the-table tactics to improve their standings at some point.

It probably happens less often than we assume, but more often than not.
>>
>>67688277
Maybe that's why Johnny Fuckboi decided to switch to TAMU. Easier for slayin' dat puss.
>>
>>67691380
>>67691626
It's kind of the same issue as >>67686789

Ole Miss was a basement dweller in the SEC West, until that one year where they had like the best recruiting class in the country out of the blue. Total recruitment funds given out has to be in the 7 figures
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.