[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NHL Sweaters: Ads or no ads?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: nhl_jersey_ads.png (70 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nhl_jersey_ads.png
70 KB, 500x500
Would you mind if NHL jerseys had ads on them? In my opinion it looks ugly as fuck and would totally ruin the A E S T H E T I C S of the game
>>
>>67684675
Of course I'd mind. Everybody would mind. (However, the NHL is the poorest of our four biggest leagues so it makes the most sense for them).
>>
>>67684718
I like how in America, unless it's a racing team, you don't really see any ads on jerseys. Which is wierd, considering USA being so capitalistic
>>
File: nfl.png (177 KB, 630x526) Image search: [Google]
nfl.png
177 KB, 630x526
>>67684760
They cram in television advertisements instead
>>
>>67684825
>watching american football
it's the nature of the sport an they exploit it
in NHL ads are not that frequent
>>
Jesus, no. Didn't the NBA just do it? There are ads every 30-40 seconds in American sports, don't need them on jerseys too.
>>
Penguins/Lightning is on at 1am GMT, right?
>>
>>67684904
yeee booi
>>
The logo on the sweaters is massive so no, in football it's very different because sponsors and manufacturers can improve how the shirt looks
>>
I can't wait for NBA to adopt the ads then see everyone else jump on, it'll make amerifats shut up about "muh ads" for good
>>
Who has the most /aesthetic/ jersey?
>>
>>67684983
NO. that would be horrible desu
>>
>>67684760
>>67684825
I think we've also got sufficient ads on our playing surfaces to generate sufficient revenue. Hockey rinks and basketball courts are full of them. The ads behind home plate in baseball are in full view during like 75% of the game.
>>
I wouldn't mind if it's on the back underneath the number for instance. Wud rock a Jets shirt with Molson Canadian on it.
>>
>>67684983
With all the commercials here no one can really talk about ads

>>67685023
Football>rugby>hockey> its a toss up between amerifootball and hockey, prefer bball jerseys
>>
I wouldn't ever buy a new Jersey if they did this.
>>
>>67685036
>hockey rinks
man have look at us, sweden, finland etc. we hove much more ads, specially on the ice. its nearly vomit inducing UGH
just look at the bottom picture
>>
>>67685097
I meant NHL jerseys desu
>>
>>67685150
Red Wings, anyone who claims otherwise is wrong and a faggot
>>
>>67685229
you're wrong though
Rangers it is
>>
>Ads
Fuck no, NHL team jerseys are simply the best atm. Clean and simple. I hate all those irrelevant text garbage/logos that is everywhere, on walls, on jerseys and even on the ice. Absolutely disgusting. KHL is keeping it moderate, every other league is plain horrible.
>>
>>67684825
This shit is so obviously made up. The game has to run at least 60 minutes. There's no way the ball is in play for only 11 minutes. Anyone claiming otherwise is disingenuous.
>>
>>67685995
I'm sure it also doesn't count anything pre-snap either
>>
>>67684872
>suggesting the NHL is american.
>>
Some KHL teams are showing that it can be done right, but it has to be done right. We can never become central Europe.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (18 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
18 KB, 239x211
>>67684675
The traditional NHL jerseys are beautiful, and important part of hockey history and culture, especially in Canada.

So naturally the Jewish led corporate machine in New York will try to destroy this as much as they can.

They despise the traditional hockey culture from Canada and do everything they can to tear it down.

This is just the next logical step. The jerseys represent tradition and identity, the logo and colours are passed down from father to son through the generations.

The lawyers in Manhattan want to replace family traditions with corporate logos.
>>
File: image- (1).jpg (122 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
image- (1).jpg
122 KB, 620x348
>>67694923
>implying it's not

The NHL moved it's headquarters from Toronto to New York in 1992.

That was the same year that lawyer Gary Bettman became commissioner of the league, and that was also the last year that a Canadian team would win the Stanley Cup in the NHL.

That was also when the NHL began their "southern expansion" to cater to cities in southern states.

And some people believe pro sports arent rigged.
>>
File: The-Hockey-Sweater_02.jpg (145 KB, 430x270) Image search: [Google]
The-Hockey-Sweater_02.jpg
145 KB, 430x270
And now the lawyers in Manhattan want to take away the Olympics away from hockey too.

Because the Olympics aren't commercialized, and Canada wins too much so that's bad for marketing to the US.

So they are replacing it with a bullshit "World Cup" tournament that is very gay and obviously meant to apologize to Canada for the fact they ruined everything else about hockey.
>>
>>67685337
>Fuck no, NHL team jerseys are simply the best atm. Clean and simple. I hate all those irrelevant text garbage/logos that is everywhere, on walls, on jerseys and even on the ice. Absolutely disgusting. KHL is keeping it moderate, every other league is plain horrible.

This.

>>67696695
>And some people believe pro sports arent rigged.

Canadian teams suck because they have incompetent managements and loyal fanbases that keeps teams afloat even if they don't have any athletic success. They don't have any reason to fix their shit as fans still pay for their product.

>>67696761
>And now the lawyers in Manhattan want to take away the Olympics away from hockey too.
>Because the Olympics aren't commercialized, and Canada wins too much so that's bad for marketing to the US.

No, it's all about money. When they organize the tournament by themselves so they will essentially get all money involved in said tournament. It will be also organized in their own arenas... that will be probably meant that they will organize it in places where they want promote their entertainment product most... places with least successful new expansion teams.

>So they are replacing it with a bullshit "World Cup" tournament that is very gay and obviously meant to apologize to Canada for the fact they ruined everything else about hockey.

Unless they don't make some kind of massive fuckup with TV-rights there just couple issues with world cup. Couple bullshit teams made up for world cup and the fact that it's off season so players aren't at their peak performance it's probably going to be decent tournament.
>>
>>67696695
Oh shit I had that book as a kid
>>
>>67684825
>>67684760
>>67684872
>>67685023
>>67685063
soccer is a bad example. The game does not allow for any commercials because the clock never stops. Where as NFL,NHL, NBA have frequent stoppages and they can shoe horn a commercial in that time.
>>
>>67684675
Yes it looks like shit

I'm Glad NHL never used them
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.