[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Sevilla the most underrated team in football? Nobody talks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: mosaico-sevilla-fc.jpg (41 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
mosaico-sevilla-fc.jpg
41 KB, 400x224
Is Sevilla the most underrated team in football?

Nobody talks about them. Nobody gives a shit about them. Is like they don't exist.

Yet they have won last 3 Europa Leagues.
>>
Because they are autistic about it they suck in lel liga and cl
>>
Don't watch much La Liga but are they just a really good cup team? They're in the finals of both the Copa and the EL (which they're about to win), yet they've been pretty average in La Liga (0 wins in the league all season).

How do they do it?
>>
>qualified for the europa league by finishing 9th in the league
If you had competent clubs, european landscape might look a lot different
>>
>EL teams

You need at least to be CL level before being an meme.
>>
Small time team for small time competition.
Won 1 league title in the 40s and that was it.
>>
>>67682457
*0 away wins in the league all season I meant
>>
Well they finished third in the CL group stage.
>>
>>67682463
You mean the CL Kek. I guess they finish 3rd in their group again and play EL but next season they'll play CL football again.
>>
>>67682457
They are a strong cup team, they know what it takes to win cups and motivate players to go all out during cup matches. They are also big team killers having beat both Real and Barca this season.
>>
>>67682518
>they could win 6 games away from home all season in every competition and end with 2 trophies and a CL spot
It's crazy
>>
>>67682593
No I don't. Two years ago when they won the EL for the first time of this run, they qualified by finishing 9th in the league and letting teams above them be disqualified
>>
Sevilla in this CL just had the worst luck possible, being in the most deadly group ever with Juventus, City and that german team with long name.

Other two times they were in CL they qualified to top-16, then they choked against Galatasaray and Zenit lol
>>
>>67682618
0 away wins in the league
0 away wins in the CL
2 away wins in the EL (including the final)
3 away wins in the Copa del Rey

Absolutely insane.
>>
>>67682618

>Implying Sevilla will be able to beat Barcelona this Sunday

Sorry, I see Barça winning 4-0
>>
>>67682457
team build around winning knockouts
pretty good at home
>>
>>67682455

It's more profitable for them to coast the league and put their effort into Europa

Big fish in a little pond
>>
>Europa League

literally who gives a fuck
>>
why is it that a team which is capable of winning the EL three times in a row can't hack it in the CL?
>>
>>67682773
>0 away wins in the league
not true, I think they won against betis
>>
>>67682879
CL spot
Liverpool would have had something look forward to next season with CL
>>
>>67682955
In the Copa they did, in La Liga they drew 0-0.
>>
>>67682955

>Only time they won away was against they hated rival

Sucks to be Betis fan these days.
>>
>>67682955
0-0 (7-5 on yellow cards)
>>
>>67682955
0-0 IIRC

http://www.marca.com/futbol/primera/clasificacion.html
>>
>>67682979
>champions league spot 3 years in a row
>get knocked out by better teams in the group stages every year
>>
>>67682894

Because you play against full time plumbers in the EL and not against actual good teams.
>>
File: monchi.jpg (48 KB, 1023x680) Image search: [Google]
monchi.jpg
48 KB, 1023x680
>Has the budget of one of the poorest EPL teams
>5 UEFA cups, 3 in a row
>has made hundreds of millions of euros in transfers in the last 10 years
>Has the best signing manager in Europe

Sevilla is pretty GOAT
>>
>>67683162
Sevilla is pretty much the goat of midtable teams not good enough to play in champions league
>>
>>67682386
Because nobody really gives a shit about a team that isn't good enough to make it into the CL's Round of 16
>>
>>67683252
This, they were dog shit in the CL.
>>
>>67683252
winning a trophy is better than being perennial ro16 shooting practice for Barcelona/Bayern.

you hear me, Arsene?
>>
Through all this, they can't even get enough people to want to go to the final
>>
>>67682386
They lost to City twice and also lost against Gladbach. They're not CL level.
>>
>>67682386
Sevilla is literally Riquelme: too good for the UEL/South American football, not good enough for the UCL/European football.
>>
File: ZmtV4mUf.jpg (42 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
ZmtV4mUf.jpg
42 KB, 380x380
>3-1

How the fuck is that fair? Now all Arsecucks, Mancucks and Chelcucks are happy.
>>
their main problem of Sevilla is their slow start every season
that basically kills them for the group stage of the CL
>>
>>67682386
The thing is that Europa Leagues are irrelevant.
>>
Did anyone see that cup lifting?
Cringey
>>
They are this one weird team that is too strong for the second tier and too weak for the first, so they keep hovering inbetween.
>>
nobody really cares about the euro league thats why shit has no reputation compared to the uefa cup even though its basically the same thing
>>
>>67683342

>riquelme
>not good enough for european football

m8
>>
>>67683312
Arsene would find a way to choke even in the EL
>>
>>67682764
>that german team with long name
Borussia Fuckinglongname?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.