[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever meet your sports heros?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Higgy.jpg (124 KB, 240x345) Image search: [Google]
Higgy.jpg
124 KB, 240x345
I met Bobby Higginson when I was 10 years old, at the time I couldnt comprehend how bad the Tigers were, but since he was the best of the shitty ones, it seemed like he was the greatest baseball player in the league. It was a defining moment of my life.
>>
God I remember how awful those years were. It was like a minor league team out there. No matter how shitty the Tigers ever get, I will never care much because no way they lose as many as they did in 2003.

As for meeting a sports hero, I have only really had some high profile tennis stars sign a tennis ball and say a few words to me. I met Jonas Jerebko (kek) at some special Pistons meal event, but he isn't a hero.
>>
File: princepoint.jpg (40 KB, 520x350) Image search: [Google]
princepoint.jpg
40 KB, 520x350
I'll bump with another one, in 2004 Tayhsaun Prince was singing autographs at a car dealership and I NEEDED to go. I even went out and bought a basketball for him to sign. When I got there and handed him the ball he was the biggest fucking asshole, I held the ball out and he took it without even looking at me, signed it and gave it back. He couldn't have acted less like he wanted to be there.

As a kid you think sports players are a lot fucking better than they actually are
>>
>>67683420
Dang that sucks. Seems like baseball and hockey players are so much more friendly and chill.
>>
>>67679702
what did bobby say to you, OP?
>>
Everyone here in San Antonio has a story of running into the big 3 somewhere (mostly plus sized clothing shops because we are all obese).

My sister and I were working as babysitters in the Dominion (Pretty much the only all mansion area of SATX). The neighbor invited us to come visit her home after the kids were put to bed because she was having a small get together. Manu stopped by all casually and was really friendly to the lady, I didn't say much because I was mildly star struck but I shake his hand

I've met Becky Hammon too
>>
>>67679702
yea i met paul molitor once.
>>
I was like 7 in 2000 and Jason Giambi was shaking hands with fans on the 3rd baseline and i asked him to sign my ball. He grabbed and took my pen was about to sign it and his agent i assume told him not to and he looked at me with the saddest eyes and handed it back to me and walked away.
>>
candy bar pasta where
>>
>>67687001
why would his agent do that
>>
>>67687078
I was 7 i am not sure if it was his agent or someone who worked for him or for the A's but they told him he can't sign it. I have no idea. It really bummed me out.
>>
File: Joe-Paterno-97.jpg (170 KB, 1536x1058) Image search: [Google]
Joe-Paterno-97.jpg
170 KB, 1536x1058
Told me to keep my fuckin mouth shut, or it would be my fault that the team was never good again
>>
Met Derek Jeter in Toronto for the first time in 98 (exchanged pleasantries a few times after but nothing like this), and met Bernie Williams the same day. Both couldn't have been nicer. Jeter was bouncing a baseball on the turf like it was a bouncy ball and because I was just a kid I guess (and this was before they put netting and shit up and you could pretty much go right onto the field before the game) he just walked up to me and started chatting. Bernie was coming off the DL and my dad said "Welcome back, Bernie!" to him and he turned and threw a ball to us and said some thank yous to everyone. A few years later in the final season of old Yankee Stadium Mo was walking in the field with Edwar Ramirez before the game and a lady sitting next to us screamed "WE LOVE YOU MO!" and he turned and came over and talked to us through the netting. Really sweet guy and seemed like he could be really funny if you knew him off the field. Those were my sports heroes and none of them disappointed me when I met them. Before those guys it was probably Mattingly and Matt Nokes. Never met them though. Now the only guy I want to meet is Paul O'Neill so we can talk about food.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.