[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Daddy, what was basketball like before Steph Curry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Curry2.png (113 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
Curry2.png
113 KB, 350x254
>Daddy, what was basketball like before Steph Curry?
>>
>>67643187
Good.
>>
>>67643230
FPBP
>>
It was just 48 minutes of memedunks and fadeaways. Now it's a game of skill.
>>
steph isn't the problem son, the problem is little faggots like you and your friends memechucking instead of practicing fundamentals. now go bother your mother.
>>
unwatchable, now come here and lick the cream from daddys wazoo
>>
Exactly the same
>>
Before Curry it was all about Kobe and Iverson wannabes that only cared about crossups and circus shots. Now everybody wants to be European. I for one welcome this new era of fundamental basketball.
>>
Why are people so mad at Curry for being good at 3's? I don't watch basketball tho. Would a good comparison be that if there was a guy who could constantly score bloopers from like any range?
>>
>>67643324
because he makes it look like he's not even trying. like there's magnets in the ball or something that only activate when he touches it.
>>
>>67643324
Part of it is he's just so fucking good.

the big thing is that, particularly with fans of 80s/90s basketball, they feel like he's ruining the game. The same way the NFL changed the game to maximizes the careers of Brady and Manning, rule changes about the way players can defend is what has allowed Curry to be so good. If he came up 15 years ago even, he'd have a career ending injury two years in. but since players can't defend him properly, and he's so skilled, he goes on a warpath that young players want to emulate, but naturally can't.

You have no idea how many really good young kids are now just chucking up retarded threes and think they're taking good shots.

Even a guy like Popovich, who first unlocked the potential of the corner 3, has admitted its gone to far, and has become a circus act.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.