[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 600x450
IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!
>>
?????
>>
>>67628329
ads are now going to be put onto jerseys in the NBA. I personally don't mind it, but thought it would never happen
>>
>>67628348
Are they really struggling for money? They have ads every 30-40 seconds already anyway
>>
>>67628357
Nope. They just are doing it for even more revenue. NBA has never been bigger. They even are going back to their old tv channel they used in the 90s to show the Finals
>>
>>67628317
let the boycotts begin
>>
>>67628317
damn

clean uniforms is one of the few things american sports does right
>>
what? Philadelphia getting double digit wins next season?
That would actually a big success for them
>>
>Philly
>jersey sponsor is a company that facilitates getting tickets for tough-to-get, guarantee sell-out events
>&^ers games are empty because no one wants to go
>>
>>67628317
I wouldn't mind it so much if the NBA didn't already have commercials. But the fact is, they do. This is completely unnecessary. Just watch: within 5 years, all that's on the jersey will be BIG FUCKING ADS. I FUCKING HATE ADS on jerseys. #NoUniAds
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 320x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 320x405
>>67628317
I THOUGHT WE WERE SAFE!
>>
Jesus, not even the NHL is this fuckin Jewish.
>>
>>67628317
>when 900% profits aren't enough so you decide to suck away any life left in the league

Fuck the Jews
>>
If this is only for the 76ers, I am ok with that, the fans will probably boycott their next season
>>
>>67631621
>Americans having the resolution to boycott a team
Lel they're all fat consumerist pigs
>>
>>67631668
wasn't Philly famous for its 'no bs' fans?
>>
>>67631683

That's for the Flyers and Eagles. The blue-collar Philly fans couldn't give two shits about some shitty apehoop team.
>>
SILVER OUT
STERN IN
>>
HURR FUCKIN JEWS RUINING MUH SPORT DURR

literally nothing will happen except jersey sales will actually go way up since the core fanbase of the NBA (nignogs and swagfags) love wearing stupid shit plastered with brand logos and advertismenets

bet the quicken loans LeBron Cavs jersey and the Oracle Curry Warriors jersey sell out in 20 fucking minutes

also, Silver has a duty to his employers(the owners of the league) to make as much profit as possible, that's how capitalism works, that's what CEO's do. If he isn't constantly making more and more money for his owners, he will get fired and they will bring in someone who will.

I love how you morons think there is some magical line where businesses should stop trying to make money. That's not how the economy works. If you stop trying to find new ways to make profit, you will eventually lose money and go out of business. Constant innovation and new revenue streams are how you keep your corporation growing.

Literally just fuck off and vote for Bernie. The 3 inch strip of advertisement doesn't ruin your sport. It literally changes nothing.
>>
>>67631829
(You)
>>
>>67631829
>implying you should sell out any shred of integrity your league has for dat advertising money

Shortsighted desu senpai
>>
>>67631873
nobody will care

tons of other sports have ads on jerseys and it doesn't change anything

lol "integrity of your league"

what does that even mean? because the NBA was so pure and non-commercial before today? lol
>>
>>67628317

Can't wait for 5 hour games once they decide there AREN'T enough commercials.
>>
>>67630022
>LA clippers get ads for olde english
>la lakers get ads for a bail bonds company
>
>>
>>67631621
>implying I would turn down $8 tickets to see GOATs like lebron and james
>>
>>67628317
>$5 million a year
What was the point? The average man on the street wouldn't get a stubhub tattoo on his forehead for $100 so why would an nba owner ruin the uniforms for so little money?
>>
>>67631929
People aren't retarded they see every tiny square of free space being crammed with ads. This does affect the integrity of the league
>>
>>67631621

every team is doing it
>>
>>67631990
m8 there are totally retards who would get a face tat for 1,000
>>
>>67631990
>ruin

kek. bring on the ads, it's modern.
>>
>>67631999
Not that earn $100,000 a year or more (which is roughly equivalent to what Philadelphia are doing)
>>
File: 1422917961233.png (72 KB, 190x185) Image search: [Google]
1422917961233.png
72 KB, 190x185
>post yfw lowrys fat ass gets mcdonalds as a sponsor
>>
>>67631829

>literally nothing will happen except jersey sales will actually go way up since the core fanbase of the NBA (nignogs and swagfags) love wearing stupid shit plastered with brand logos and advertismenets

ACSHUALLY, the retail jersies won't have the ads. This was reported when it first came out.
>>
between firing hinkie to stop the intentional tanking and being the scapegoat for jersey advertising sixers are definitely getting #1 overall this year, possibly next year as well.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.