[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl- shutdown-corner/rugby-le
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: Duncan.jpg (6 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
Duncan.jpg
6 KB, 197x256
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/rugby-league-star-jarryd-hayne-retires-from-nfl-for-olympic-dream-172707650.html

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH EURO TRASH THINK THEY CAN COMPETE IN AMERICAN SPORTS. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

we are the super power in any type of athletics except for spics kicking a ball around and calling it "soccer".
>>
lmao piece of shit Eurocuck
>>
>australia
>euro
>>
What the fuck Jarryd. His dream was to play in the NFL. Convenient after he doesn't get played at all and no one rates your ability his dream changes.

He should have just stayed in the NRL.
>>
Lel using the rugby sevens as a way to avoid saying hes not good enough.
>>
>my all time dream is to play in the nfl!
>>make roster of bottom 5 team only because half the team decided to retire
>get cut after 5 fumbles in a game by
>m-my dream was actually to do what I was already doing before!

nu zelands plz
>>
>be on shit team
>too shitty even for shit team
it's kind of sad desu but not surprising
>>
>retiring

sure thing bud
>>
File: images (31).jpg (15 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images (31).jpg
15 KB, 384x384
>the "hayne train"
>>
dont know why you guys are hating so hard, he gave it his all and go to play in the nfl, even if he ultimately wasnt good enough, none of you are good at all, at anything, let alone football, so go fuck yourselves
>>
>>67618083
Couldn't you use an appropriate pic? I thouht this was a Timmy and spurdoras thread.
>>
>that week 1 game when aussies were spamming how great hayne was and he fumbled his first touch
>>
>>67623226
this is surprising to me because no one even thinks he was a good NRL player here

his old team, in fact, is doing better without him and those cunts are going to lose all their points for the season
>>
>>67623368
DESU it was mainly to give Aussies and Eurofags shit.
>>
>>67623202
Kids these days have no idea about subtlety
>>
He won't make it back to the NRL either lmoa
>>
top fucking lmao

>nrlel "athletes"
>>
>>67623368
Damage control. Hayne was one of the best fullbacks in the NRL. He just hadn't grown up playing gridiron. What he achieved was phenomenal in that sport frankly. Claiming that he wasn't a star over here is ridiculous.
>>
>australians
>>
>>67626219
Hayne's problem is that he never had a chance in a developmental league the way a guy like Margus Hunt did. It was sink or swim except instead of a pool it was the middle of the ocean.
>>
>>67618083
I want to the a good american WHITE NFL player go to play rugby in new zealand or NRL on australia.
I bet they suck just as much as this guy sucked on NFL, totally different game.
>>
>>67626274
if there is a proper adjustment and development period they could succeed.

If you try to go straight from the NFL to the highest levels of rugby like Hayne did you are almost certainly going to flop.
>>
>>67626274
I want a good*
>>67626285
Yeah, it just a very different game.
NFL is for taller and heavier men in general.
>>
>>67626285
No they couldn't the game is way too different. At most they can be a meme sevens player. Without growing up playing the sport from 6 your ability to pass and read a game especially defence is beyond shot.

They MIGHT be decent wingers since most wingers already can't tackle an are only there to get the ball and run it in.
>>
>>67618083
Stupid fijians
>>
>>67626304

The irony of that is he's actually too tall to play the position he's most suited for, Running Back.

Most Running Backs are fast, stocky manlets. Hayne is like 6'2.
>>
>>67627460
AD is 6'1 and there have been several power backs around 6'3.
>>
Fact: No American could play NRL because they're too pussy to get hit without pads

Fucking betas
>>
>Manages to get on a team despite no football experience when people who play it all their lives can't even get drafted for free
>Ultimately his lack of experience gets to him and causes fumbles
>Gets cut
>Is then given an opportunity to compete in the Olympics and then takes it, preferring a medal to practice squad
>"hahahha... .b-btfo... murrika stronk...."

He cucked every fat nigger that spent their whole life dreaming of "getting out of da hood wit da footbaw" for a laugh, then gets to go fulfill another once in a lifetime opportunity.
>>
Come back when a big fat American switches mid career and manages to make it into a team in a global sport.
>>
Could any NFL player actually switch from the NFL to NRL/Union? Some of the running backs might be able to play as 2nd rows/flanker but thats about.

QBs - Would be murdered first tackle, most are slow/no tackling abilities
WOs - Too lanky, no tackling
OL/DL - No fitness and they're too big
DBs - Perhaps but would need to learn how to catch and pass a ball, and the bigger ones would struggle.
>>
>>67628183
They lack the endurance, all of them

Rugby is easy as fuck, rugby league is fucking hard cause you have to run back 50m every set you defend
>>
>>67628241
>Can't ruck
>"Wow our sport is so hard and tough! Almost broke a nail in that last hug tackle :(!"
>>
>>67628183

give some of them a year or two working on endurance and slimming down then sure, possibly

though they'd probably have too little catching/passing/kicking skill to be a back and they'd probably fuck up everything forwards do by not understanding the rules/having years of practice so it's basically instinctive
>>
>>67628314
>Fat guys falling over each other in the ruck
>Wow this is a skillful sport that requires a lot of strength and stamina and isn't just a game of stacks on
>>
>>67628105
You can't seriously believe this right? He obviously was told hed be cut so he retired and used the possibility of getting selected for rugby 7s (which he most likely will not make) as an excuse to save himself the embarassment.
>>
>>67618083
>quits the NFL to join some unknown Fiji team
>>
Nrlel on eternal pooicide watch

Fold your pathetic league
>>
>>67628105
He was signed for the marketing opportunity, he was a novelty
>>
>>67628183
A Pats player is going to be on our Sevens team for the Olympics
>>
>>67627994

keep telling yourself that, crocidile dundee. nfl players would absolutely dominate.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.