[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this team lost 5 out of their last 7 games after a perfect 10-0
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: pats 10-0.jpg (55 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
pats 10-0.jpg
55 KB, 599x337
this team lost 5 out of their last 7 games after a perfect 10-0 start

how do you choke that badly?
>>
>how do you choke that badly?
By losing a shitload of players to injury
>>
math doesnt make sense
>>
>>67580474
5 out of their last 8*

my bad, im including playoffs
>>
>>67580427
18-1
>>
>lose starting, key players to injury
>"y r dey plying wors guise"
>>
A combination of refball and shit o-line play and losing major players due to injuries
>>
>>67581333
So when they don't get refball and a team is able to cover Brady's receivers for more than 3 seconds so he just can't spam short passes, the o-line fails and Brady gets sacked?

Man, can't you just admit Brady sucks dick under pressure? The only time he can actually pass the ball well against a good defense is when the secondary is out with injuries.
>>
>>67580831
>>67580461
>injuries

Because every other team was a gleaming example of perfect health and solid rosters. Fuck off.
>>
>>67582423
pats were 3rd most injured team by that point after giants ravens I believe

and these were serious injuries that completely hampered the offense, the line was totally fucked, dion, edelman, amendola all hurt/banged up

brady lost like 4 of his top 5 pass-catchers and his line was garbage
>>
>>67582423
>but le every team has le injuries xD
Are you too stupid to comprehend that "having injuries" is not a binary thing? You don't either have them or you don't. Some teams lose 2-3 role players during the season, some teams lose 18 starters at some point.

The Patriots were by far the most injured contender in 2015.
>>
>>67582492
what about the Packe-

oh wait you said contenders
>>
>>67582492
Sounds like excuses to me. I bet you don't give the Seahawks the benefit of the doubt for their injuries in Super Bowl 49. Quit playing victim.
>>
>2 of those in Denver
>>
File: 1461899086962.jpg (918 KB, 2652x2191) Image search: [Google]
1461899086962.jpg
918 KB, 2652x2191
>>67580427
>2 were to the buncos
>>
>>67582539
>I bet you don't give the Seahawks the benefit of the doubt for their injuries in Super Bowl 49.

I don't think anyone doubts the seahawks where the more talented team on the field.
>>
there were big-time injuries to important players, but Bill kind of panicked in some of those games- tried to change the style of play etc. Cost the SB since they would have won out like the Broncos if they had home field.
>>
I was so fucking worried they were going to win another Owl after that fucking cheater got his suspension lifted. Thank god for the Buncos.
>>
File: seattle btfo.jpg (124 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
seattle btfo.jpg
124 KB, 800x533
The Patriots are a necessary evil. They prevented something far worse.
>>
>>67583936

the patriots are the biggest bandwagon team of possibly all time. Absolutely the biggest of the past 15 years though.
>>
>>67584352
>the patriots are the biggest bandwagon team of possibly all time.
Pittsburgh Steelers and the New York Yankees.
>>
>>67582539
>Sounds like excuses to me.

Why didn't the Ravens make the playoffs this year? Must have been a psychological collapse. Couldn't have anything to do with injuries.
>>
>>67583936
My favorite play of all time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgloErF-H2c
>>
>>67582381
>I know nothing at all about the sport of football and the quarterback position
>>
>>67580461
their schedule was pretty easy until the last couple of games.. also bill bellicheat threw at least 2 of those games.
>>
>>67583936
good talk bro.. patriots are the biggest meme team in the NFL by a fucking mile, at least the seahawks have some good players.
>>
>>67590350
Can't wait to hear the excuses rolling in when we win super bowl 51 and brady is named mvp again
>>
>>67583667
Injuries cost us 2012. It happens, stop crying and Cliff avril and Jeremy lane are literal nobodies anyway.

Just seacuck excuses
>>
File: 1364832866906.jpg (10 KB, 283x164) Image search: [Google]
1364832866906.jpg
10 KB, 283x164
Well you see, the pats were a 1 trick pony. Gronk open? Pass to him. Gronk not open? Lob it at Amendola instead.

Gronk injured? image related
>>
Bulls, Lakers and Packers also deserve mention.
>>
>>67591475
Meant to quote.
>>67584352
>>67585790
>>
O-Line problems finally caught up with them and never recovered.
Dion Lewis injured.
Various other injuries (which is pretty much the reason any otherwise good team sucks at the end of a year).
>>
>>67582381
t. The guy who makes all the peyton threads
>>
>>67584352
Cool. Some of us grew up there. You sound like a giant faggot. Labelling a team a bandwagon team don't mean shit. You say that like it makes the TEAM bad. Dumbass.
>>
>>67591743
I guess if you live in the frozen wastes that is New Canada you deserve something to be optimistic about once in a while, but your fanbases are easily the loudest and most obnoxious of them all.
>>
Dion Lewis was looking like the best runningback the Pats have had since, I dunno, Corey Dillon, and when he went rip in pieces the running game effectively disappeared. Tom's key targets (Julian, Danny, and, well, Dropson) were all bothered by nagging injuries aside from the surprisingly decent Keshawn Martin. The O-line might as well have been a set of Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube-Men.
>>
File: elway-smile.jpg (42 KB, 360x468) Image search: [Google]
elway-smile.jpg
42 KB, 360x468
>>67591250
heheheheh....no.
>>
>>67592352
>he has zero (0) NFL-worthy quarterbacks
>>
>>67592486
didn't stop them last year.
>>
File: xe8d1hE.jpg (222 KB, 1888x1094) Image search: [Google]
xe8d1hE.jpg
222 KB, 1888x1094
>>67580427
That was pretty disappointing, I genuinely thought we were gonna go 16-0 again and avenge 2007, but then that overtime loss to the Broncos really fooked things up, after that, a whole bunch of stupid losses came turning up.
The embarrasing as hell loss to the Eagles where Brady threw the worst pick 6 of his life, then the stupid game against the Jets where they chose to defer in overtime, then against the dolphins where Belichick literally couldn't figure out whether he wanted to play to win or not....

I dunno if everyone got rattled or they couldn't let that overtime loss go, but they just weren't the same after it.
Hopefully this year they can return to greatness.
>>
>>67582423
From memory, I shall recount the players we lost
>Dion Lewis
>Numerous Olinemen, our entire offensive line was dead for most of the season
>Edelman
>Gronk
>Collins and Hightower were in and out for a bit
>Blount

Im pretty sure that Brady was literally the only person to have played all 16 games.
>>
>>67594303
this was agonizing because we were refballed so fucking hard. I think hoodie actually threw the game against the jets in an attempt to keep the steelers out of the playoffs, but the jets still fucked it up.
>>
>>67595969

Brady and Butler were the only players on the team to start every game, I believe.
>>
>>67581333
What the fuck do you mean by refball?
The O-Line got a way with a shitload of holds on von Miller, Ware and Wolfe in both games, and Brady should have been flagged with 3-4 Intentional Grounding penalties in the AFCCG.

Fuck off.
>>
>>67609835

The Denver O-Line got away with a shitload of holds on Jones, Collins and Hightower in both games, and Manning and Osweiler should have been flagged with 3-4 intentional grounding penalties in the AFCCG.

Look I'm saying it, so it's 100% true. Get lost, Mexico.
>>
>>67583936
fuck off milennial scum. the seahawks were trash for years and years, they deserved to have a repeat championship. the patriots have been HATED by fans of every team since 2002. absolutely nobody but patriot fans want to see the patriots succeed.
>>
You bombston homos are so fucking delusional
>>
>>67609937
Holy fuck are you serious?
Just look at the final drive Brady had, he has at least 3 questionable throws, any of those could have been called.
Show me the intentional grounding on Manning in the AFCCG you piece of shit.
>>
>>67592352
Last year was a fluke for the broncos. They aren't touching another super bowl trophy for a long time. That team has fallen apart esp. on the defensive side.
>>
>>67611751
There were so many missed offsides, dpi, and holding calls missed on the broncos. Gronk got literally mugged. It was refball to the highest degree. Panthers got refball toom that should have been a catch. Can't let our golden boy forehead hgh go out with a whimper!
>>
>>67615456
I don't think the NFL is rigged... But sometimes I wonder. Peyton Manning had no right being in that superbowl, he didn't even have a right being on the field during the playoffs, and the fact that all those """"""""""""""""Analysts""""""""""""""""" were praising the hell out of him for that San Diego victory was disgusting, he completed 6 passes.
>>
When a team sucks so much cock, they can't help but choke badly. lol.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.