[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Surely he's a certainty for the Ballon D'or now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 590x350
Surely he's a certainty for the Ballon D'or now?
>>
No, I know it's boring to hear but Messi has been better in 2016.
>>
because he statpadded vs. shit teams in La Liga?
>>
>>67576442
all of barca's games i've watched this season, basically the ones that were important, I got this impression too
>>
>>67574896
>>
>yfw he bites someone at Copa America and gets scratched from BdO 23 player voting shortlist again
>>
>>67576421
Fifa hates him
>>
>>67576421
The top 3 should unironically be

Messi
Suarez
Neymar

But ofc ronalgay is gonna be 2nd again.
>>
>>67577747
Neymar doesn't deserve top 3 this year
>>
>>67576421
>Post 2009 Ballon d'or
>Being about the best plyer
Pick none, as long as Ronaldo and Messi exists it will always be one of them. It should have been clear to anyone after the ballon d'or 2013
>>
>>67577806
I think he meant for the last balon d'or, even Henry was saying it should have been MSN
>>
>>67577868
FYI go look at the voting before, it was worse
>>
File: 1459973822952.jpg (11 KB, 203x292) Image search: [Google]
1459973822952.jpg
11 KB, 203x292
>>67576421
>yfw he won more La Liga titles then Penaldo
>>
>>67578025
How was it worse?
>>
>>67577868
>le pre 2009 Ballon d'Or meant more meme
You have no argument until the new one crowns a ridiculous winner like Michael Owen
>>
>>67578064
kekerinus
>>
>>67576421
If Real Madrid win the UCL Tsunaldo will get the balloon door, if they don't then Messi will. That's it.
>>
>>67578091
>Muh michael Owen
Do you have anything more than a single blunder that happened in 50 years of Ballon d'or?
Hell, I would sacrifice a year for a meme player like Owen any time of the day if it meant the end of that hypocrite popularity contest between CR7 and Messi
>>
>>67578197
Why do you think that simply putting muh in front of something invalidates it? Such a mistake is a serious knock on the award's prestige.

FIFA World Player of the Year usually chose better winners anyway.
>>
>>67578197
You're claiming Messi isn't by far and wide the vest player practically every season?
Let me guess, you're that casual who subscribes to the sneijder meme
>>
>>67578293
>"Why do you think that simply putting muh in front of something invalidates it?"
>"but it's okay if I use Le X meme to invalidate what you said
How do I even react to this?
>>67578320
>You're claiming Messi isn't by far and wide the vest player practically every season?
Do you literally mean every season?Because he really wasn't in 2013 and 2014
>>
>>67578409
I didn't invalidate what you said with a meme. I did it by pointing out that the old Ballon d'Or was choosing undeserving winners, the biggest of them Michael Owen

>Because he really wasn't in 2013 and 2014
This is correct (he was literally out for half of 2013). Which is why Ronaldo won those after being the best player in the world in those 2 years
>>
>>67578409
Messi playing like shit is still better and do more then 90% of pro players.
>>
>>67578457
>Which is why Ronaldo won those after being the best player in the world in those 2 years
Anyone who knows something about football knows that Ronaldo didn't deserve it in 2013

>I did it by pointing out that the old Ballon d'Or was choosing undeserving winners, the biggest of them Michael Owen
Pointing only 1 undeserving winner isn't showing the old Ballon d'or was choosing undeserving winners
>>
>>67578552
>Anyone who knows something about football knows that Ronaldo didn't deserve it in 2013
Then who was better?

Pro tip: Ribery winning more titles doesn't mean he had a better year.

>Pointing only 1 undeserving winner isn't showing the old Ballon d'or was choosing undeserving winners
Alright, let's compare differing winners between Ballon d'Or and FIFA WPotY. Starting since 1995 since that's when Ballon d'Or allowed South Americans in.

>1996 - Sammer vs Ronaldo - Ronaldo was better
>2000 - Figo vs Zidane - genuinely can't remember that year that well
>2001 - Owen vs Figo - Figo was better
>2003 - Nedved vs Zidane - Zidane was better
>2004 - Sheva vs Ronaldinho - Ronaldinho was better
When the results were different, it was generally FIFA WPotY that chose the better winners.
>>
>>67576421
He is not Messi or Ronaldo, so no.
>>
>>67578782
Ribéry was decisif for his team and stepped up when the team needed him
The only thing Ronaldo did that year is statpadding against shit teams.
>>
>>67582704
>Ribéry was decisif for his team and stepped up when the team needed him
Like when exactly?

Because he had 0 goals and 1 assist (the final goal in the 7-0 vs Barcelona) in the CL knockouts that season

0 goals and 1 assist (vs Augsburg, was also sent off in that game) in the DFB Pokal

0 goals and 0 assists vs the Bundesliga top 4 (BVB, Leverkusen, Schalke). The highest ranked Bundesliga team against which he scored or assisted was Eintracht in 6th place.

So can you please point me to the moment when Ribery was "decisive for his team and stepped up when the team needed him"?
>>
>>67582926
>replying to this kebab

He's obviously lost it
>>
>>67578064
>>
>>67576468
Isn't that how Messi won all of his?
>>
Ronaldo will when he wins the Euros and Champs League
>>
we are the champions
>>
>>67576421
>>67578064
you pic just reminded me of this

he's probably the only player in the history of the game that has this kind of article on wikipedia
he will never be ballon d'or
the media and the world in general is too full of C U C K S and voting for him would be too politically incorrect

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Su%C3%A1rez_controversies
>>
>>67578782
Shitchenko should have never won the balloon door that year. Henry was absolute miles better
>>
>>67576421

Are you on crack? CL & Euro2016 > LeLiga

One of these players will win Ballon D'or

Lewandowski
Zlatan
Vardy
Kane
Griezmann
Bale
Ramos
Ronaldo

Top home league scorer + Euro2016 = Ballon D'or
CL winner + Euro2016 = Ballon D'or

you just cant stop Ronaldo/Ramos if they win the Champions League and Portugal/Spain wins Euro2016
>>
>>67595280
>this delusion

You seriously think a great Euros performance is gonna derail the Barca/Real hype machine? Do you not remember Wesley Sneijder?
>>
>>67595280
>muh team achievements

It's an individual performance award, not the player with most trophies award.
>>
>>67595280

If this was the old ballon d'or, maybe. The top 3 will be Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar again, just you watch.
>>
>>67596862
Football is the most team dependant sport. Put Suarez on Rayo and he wont score 15.
>>
>>67577747
Ronny might even win it if he scores in the cl final
>>
>>67597283
Bet he will, faggot.
>>
no one on this shit board knows anything
griezmann should win the ballon d'or
he does it in a team much worse than barca and real
>>
>>67603843
>wanting to give the Best Player in the World award to a player who's not even the best on his own team
>claim others don't know anything
>>
>>67603843
what does he do?

until the last couple of matches hes been shite m8
>>
>>67576468
But that's how Ronaldo and Messi win the Ballon d'or year after year m8
>>
All 40 La Liga goals this season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA_Y7aIbfiM
>>
>>67582926
BTFO
>>
>>67576421
>giving the balon dor to a man-eating racist
0 chance they give it to him. They wouldn't want that kind of representation, and it's voter based and i can see alot of people not voting for him. Or atleast not giving him the 1st place or 2nd place votes you would need to win
>>
>>67603843
>shit team
>best defense in la liga history

And this is why people like the chicano exist
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.