[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me get this straight, a player who wasn't talked about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: 3558.jpg (652 KB, 3558x2133) Image search: [Google]
3558.jpg
652 KB, 3558x2133
Let me get this straight, a player who wasn't talked about 3 years ago is suddenly surpassing LEBRON JAMES as the best player in the league? A guy who averaged 23 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds in his MVP season is better than a guy who has averaged 27 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists for his CAREER. A guy who has dominanted the league winning 4 MVP's, 2 Finals MVP's and leading a team to 6 Finals appearances in his 13 year career. Curry on the other hand has 1 MVP, 0 Finals MVP's and been in a system with a great coach and an incredible crafted team which won the NBA Finals against LeBron James, Dellavedova, Mozgoz. While Curry didn't even win the Finals MVP award. LeBron had the 2nd most votes for the award and his team lost. You can talk all you want about the Warriors beating the Cavs in the series but let's switch the places of the two, would a Curry led Cavs without Kyrie or Love even win a game against a well rounded LeBron led Warriors team? LeBron averaged a near 40 point triple double in that series, putting the team on his back. While Curry averaged a measly 26, 5 and 6.

I will be the first to admit it, Curry is one of the greatest shooters we've ever had in our game, one of the best ball handlers in our game. But LeBron is one of the greatest scorers, passers, defensive players, leaders, athletic we've ever had in NBA history, To go along with his crazy high IQ. LeBron left the Cavs to join the Heat in 2010, the Cavs then missed the playoffs for the first time in 5 years. Once LBJ made a return to the Cavs in 2014, the Heat with Bosh, Wade etc missed the playoffs for the first time in YEARS. I can assure you, Curry wouldn't have had nearly an impact that LeBron does, bring teams from no-playoff contention, to the Finals.
>>
LeBron recently celebrated his 26,000 point at the age of 31 years old. Curry is just 3 years younger, but has yet to celebrate his 10,000 point. LeBron James has 50ish career triple doubles, Curry has 5. Curry has 3.3k career assists, LeBron has 6.8k.

I am in no way a hater of Curry, he has really improved in his career and thrives in the Warriors sharp shooting system. I shouldn't even be needing to write this essay, but Curry is being talked about as the best player in the NBA? It's just ludicrous.

LeBron is just all around on a totally different spectrum to Steph. Curry can shoot better, Curry can handle the ball better, LeBron's better at ever other aspect of the game offensively and defensively
>>
Curry should have won the finals MVP. It was a joke he didn't.
>>
tbqh Curry would be at 35 ppg if he played a full game and not sat the 4Q
>>
>>67561048
You're joking right? He got fucking shut down by delly. The NBA would have loved to give him the award but the truth is he played so bad every one would have known how rigged it was
>>
>>67561112

His ankles would fall off though.
>>
>>67562077

>Goes through insane shooting slump, Warriors lose 2 games
>Curry gets his shit together and lights his Australian ass up the next 3 games

Most of Curry's shots were uncontested with him coming off curls and screens.

Curry made and destroyed Dellavedova's fame within the course of a week and the Cavs lost the finals, bro. Deal with it.
>>
>>67562077
If he was 'shut down' logic would dictate that they would have lost. But they didn't. Get over it.

When will autists learn the difference between shut down and contained? And that a Sweep is preventing the other team from winning at all.

Fucking kids and their memes.
>>
>>67562396
>28 turnovers
>only 38 assists
>MVP
This fucking delusion
>>
>>67562596

Warriors
>Ring

Cleveland
>No ring

Stay mad
>>
Lebron didn't break any records. He excels in the old fashion game style of basketball, but Curry revolutionized it.
>>
>>67559213

MJ didnt win MVP every single year he played and hes regarded as the best of all time

quit your bitching and realize that noone played better this season than Curry
>>
>>67562698
Iggy
>MVP
Curry
>no MVP

Stay bandwagoning
>>
>>67562829

>LeBron

>2-4
>Advanced Metrics
>>
>>67562829
The butt hurt is strong with this one.
>>
>>67559213
also Lebron being on a team makes them good, but Curry being on a team makes them GREAT. Lebron will never lead a team to 73-9
>>
>>67562872
I'm arguing that Curry shouldn't have won MVP. What does Lebron have to do with it?
>>
>>67559213
Miami missed playoffs cuz Bosh is about to die
>>
>>67559232
Curry has been injured in his career
Lebron takes steroids to not be injured
>>
>>67562981
What don't you understand?

Curry impacts the game in a way LeBron just doesn't.

Curry actually makes those around him better. This was painfully obvious in the Finals last year.

LeBron is the overall better rounded player. That doesn't make him better in a TEAM SPORT.
>>
>>67562396
>lights his Australian ass up the next 3 games
he shot sub 40% for the entire series. Delly never "shut him down" but he contained him for all 6 games. thats unbelievably pathetic
>>
>>67563091
You have to be b8ing me. Curry didn't win finals MVP because he didn't play well. He didn't have an impact and literally everyone knew it. Why do you keep bringing up Lebron? Iggy won over Curry because he actually showed up.
>>
>>67563311

>showed up
>still lost in 6

And aren't you the one arguing how LeBron should have won mvp? How is he not relevant to this discussion.

Curry on the floor changes how the deffense reacts.
His mere presence is enough to alter a game. Or did you not see his 17pts in overtime?
>>
>>67563311
Iggy getting finals mvp is a testament to TEAM WORK.
>>
Is this pasta? I'm gonna make it pasta after the Cavs lose to the Warriors in the Finals.
>>
>>67563411
Holy fuck you are seriously retarded. Iggy =/= Lebron. Read my post again. You're the one claiming Curry deserved MVP. I said he didn't, I never mentioned Lebron. Also please watch basketball besides your precious dubs, you clealy only eat up what ESPN tells you
>>
File: lel hard.png (67 KB, 181x201) Image search: [Google]
lel hard.png
67 KB, 181x201
>>67563091
>>
>>67563559
Your arguing that LeBron is the best in the league.

He was kept in check on volume shooting and lost.

So they should give the mvp to the loser? That makes no sense.

Iggy while not putting up all star numbers is still the reason you won in 6, while curry not playing at his peak.

Get Lechokes dick out of your mouth so you can see that teamwork > selfish play instead oh his Negro libido.

And fyi I don't watch ESPN, if I watch anything it's NBA on TNT and that's for silly nigger shenanigans.
>>
>>67563676
Please actually read the posts you reply to. Also, please stop hitting enter after every sentence, this isn't reddit, though it's quite evident that's where you're from. And to be clear I never said Lebron should be MVP so cut the strawmanning.
>>
>>67563091
>Curry actually makes those around him better
>Lebron isnt the best facilitator in the league

this is b8
>>
>>67563196
Good thing they won the series and gave Cleveland their first ring!
>>
>>67563559
This regular season curry deserved the mvp.

Last year in the Finals iffy got the mvp, which I had no issue with>>67563785

Maybe your forgetting what you've actually wrote because now your backtracking on LeBron.

Also Redditch is to much of a clusterfuck to even navigate so your assumption that I'm from there makes your arguments even less credible as your head is so far up your ass.>>67563785>>67563785>>67563785
>>
>>67563982
Okay with the faggy formatting and replying to the same post 4 times, now it's really clear you're from reddit. But feel free to link me to where I said Lebron should be MVP. Also learn the difference between your and you're. And stop samefagging, its pretty obvious.
>>
>>67562981
>I'm arguing that Curry shouldn't have won MVP.

Maybe...MAYBE, not unanimously, but claiming he shouldn't have won it period, you should just feel lucky you're anonymous atm lol.

He put up the numbers and the Warriors don't win 73 without Curry. Most dynamic player this season and most valuable to his team, since he's on the best team in History.

I mean unless saltiness is the motive, you can't really argue against a unanimous vote unless it's just about how other players who deserved a unanimous vote didn't get it. This is just a situation where the guy who deserved the unanimous vote, got it.
>>
>>67564074
>you should just feel lucky you're anonymous atm lol
What the fuck does this mean? Is some fucking neckbeard about to show up at my house with a katana for insulting his favorite mulatto? And I was referring to the Finals MVP, read the thread next time
>>
>>67564042

I'm on my phone and I don't usually post so yeah, shitty fornatting.

It's always a last ditch effort to attack someone's person as opposed to arguing points/facts .but it's okay, you can keep assuming what you want.

Maybe I'm confusing you with another Anon who posted earlier but so far you've retained the argument that LeBron is better and that Curry didn't deserve the mvp. How am I not supposed to assume you think LeBron should have gotten it after all this dick riding?

We can keep arguing but in the end the Cavs lost and the rematch is inevitable.

And I'll keep spacing out my posts all I fucking want.
>>
>>67564200
I'm still waiting for you to point to where I was "dickriding" Lebron. All I said was that Curry didn't deserve it. Iggy did.
>>
>>67559213
You're basically just repeating lies that ESPN told you about LeBron James. Kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>675644

Maybe YOU should go back and read your OP where you garggle Lebrons balls in your mouth.

What the fuck are you even trying to argue then?
Iggy got the mvp which I already said I agreed with.
>>
>>67564539
Fucking phone
>>
>LeCuck
>Winning rings without Wade or Allen

Pick uno

He'll soon be 2-5 in Finals games anyways, beating up on shit teams in the weak Eastern conference.
>>
>>67564608
The argument that the Warriors coasted in the playoffs when the Cavs do it all year in the East is fucking laughable.
>>
LeBron James fans are basically size queens. That's what they are impressed by. Big black...muscles.
>>
>>67564539
Okay you really are new then. See OPs flag? It's a prison colony flag, which means he's a shitposter from an irrelevant country. My flag is the stars and stripes, a great flag, one which unfortunately you also have. That's how you know I never posted about Lebron, becuase I don't have the shit flag. Feel retarded yet m8?
>>
reminder that the nba is a rigged and shitty "sport"
>>
>>67564826
The insecurity is strong with this one.

Curry fags are literally the only ones I've ever seen mentioning or implying or bringing up "size" to the conversation in a sexual context. From this I will voluntarily extrapolate that Curryfags are closeted homossexuals because fuck you cucks.
>>
Im just curious as to what lebron cucks are going to do when he loses a 5th finals out of the 7 hes played in lol
>>
>>67565963
Not even particularly fond of LeBron, but if you put it in a Curry vs. LBJ context, which is what this thread has been about for the most part, whatever happens come June doesn't even matter as LeBron will still have vastly more accomplishments and accolades.
>>
>>67565963
>>67566044
Unless Curry does something totally ridiculous like scoring 80 a game in the finals or something like that.
>>
>>67566044
>>67566055
Curry can match one of Lebron's "accolades" if he wins the title again this season, and that's with only TWO(2) trips to the finals as opposed to Lebron's 6. Once Curry surpasses Lebron for titles there is no looking back.
>>
>>67562328
This desu. Kerr has figured out what Thibodeau never did: when you have the best team in the league, you should rest your injury-prone superstar whenever possible.
>>
File: 1252272085792.jpg (3 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1252272085792.jpg
3 KB, 126x126
>>67563091
>>
>>67564074
It's like I'm on Facebook reading your cringeworthy posts
>>
>>67563676
lebron averaged 35points, 13 rebounds 8 assists. I wouldn't call that "kept in check"
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.