[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there will never be a classic number 10 again in top level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
>there will never be a classic number 10 again in top level football

Stupid 4-3-3 and gegenpressing
>>
>classic 10
What did he mean by this ?
>>
>>67553193

Ozil is still out there though
>>
>>67559553
A classic 10 doesn't give 2 assists in 5 months
>>
>>67559580

He does if his strikers are Giroud and Welbeck.
>>
Messi can do anything oldschool #10s used to do + he bangs 50 goals a season
>>
>>67559553
a classic #10 doesn't get many assists. a classic #10 players in between overlapping wingers and he provides the so-called pre-assist from the wingers
>>
File: Ganso.jpg (60 KB, 391x594) Image search: [Google]
Ganso.jpg
60 KB, 391x594
>>
Do you even Ganso?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2ievA5KbHU
>>
>>67559791
>>67559797

goosemind
>>
>>67559791
>>67559797
I used to rate him over Neymar back when Neymar was still in Brazil, injuries ruined him :(
>>
>>67559942
He is still bretty good
>>
>Eriksen
>Ozil
>Payet
>Lanzini
>DeBruyne
>James
>Isco
>Silva
>Mata
>Coutinho

And I don't know why you think gengenpressing is responsible for you perceive to be a lack of classic 10s. 4231 is the most popular formation for counter-pressing teams and that can include up to three 10s
>>
>>67560049
Almost all of them are pushed out to the wings. Ozil is the only one who actually plays in the CAM spot full time.
>>
>>67560049
i always considered a no.10 not purely on the position he plays but on the impact he has on the team.

For example Payet is just a pure 10, he acts like a leader on the field, he scores, provides his teammates with chances and makes them play better.
He's wondering off to the wing doesn't really matter in defining him as a pure no.10.

Same with the last season Hazard, just a player that moves the whole team forward and carries them.
>>
>>67560162
All most all of them split their time between playing central and out wide as suits the opposition and their team's injury/suspension situation.

Although Eriksen is written down as being on the left he actually spends a lot of time central in those games too.
>>
>>67560162
>pushed out to the wings

I don't know about the rest of them, but Eriksen spends pretty much the whole game in the middle, don't be fooled by the pre-game formation diagrams that show him out on the left.
>>
>>67560049
eriksen plays left wing with alli as #10 you should know this (some fans say eriksens natural position is #10 like last season but i dont buy this)

payet plays left wing

lanzini right wing

de bruyne right wing when navas isn't playing/when silva is #10, even when he plays #10 he drifts out wide

james hasn't been #10 since his porto days
(madrid dont play with a #10)
isco same as james since malaga

silva sometimes plays as a #10

mata right wing by LVG and >moyes

coutinho firmino drift left and middle, they're fluid. no classic #10
>>
>>67560412
What about Drinkwater, Mahrez, Pogba, and Insigne?
>>
>>67560537
central midfielder, right winger, central midfielder, left winger
>>
>>67560537
Not a single one of them is a #10
>>
>>67560537

None of those are #10s.

>>67560412
Eriksen and Alli's positioning is kind of weird, they both play more or less in the middle. If you watch a Spurs game they're practically in the same spot at times, it's kind of weird and I'm not sure how they manage to make it work.
>>
>>67560576
i see Pogba more of a box to box, atleast the last season pogba, they didn't have a dm so vidal, marchisio and Pogba were just running everywhere on the field to cover for pirlo at the back.

Now it seems that Pogba does both Pirlo role and both box to box role while kheidira covers him defence wise
>>
>>67560663
yeah you're right pogba is definitely more b2b
>>
>>67559721
/thread.
>>
All right lads, would you say Ronaldo and Messi have reinvented the winger position? Do you rate Carvajal?
>>
If anything more players are 10s than ever before. And the Spurs XI is a great example. Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Lamela and Dembele have all been 10s at one time or another and all operate in a 10 like way this season.

>>67560608
>>67560618
Both Mahrez and Pogba have and can play as 10s
>>
>>67561905
>Both Mahrez and Pogba have and can play as 10s
And Busquets has and can play as a centre back, it doesn't mean he is a centre back though.
>>
>>67562076
Because no player *is* a position or role.

Busquets isn't a CB but he also isn't a DM or a CM or whatever else. He's Busquets and everything that entails.
>>
>>67562171
That's deep, bro
>>
>>67561905
I don't think you could call Kane or Dembele 10s though, that's not really their natural role. It's like calling Kane a goalkeeper because of that one Europa League game where he filled in for Vorm.
>>
>>67562171
Fuck, I wasn't ready to be hit with that perspective. I don't compliment yids but that was deep.
>>
>>67559751
>muh wingers
god, that post is so british it hurts.
>>
I'd rather have box-to-box mids that can play 10 which can relieve wingers of some of their defensive duties than have a pure 10 and wingers that play deeper. Gives you more variety/freedom/unpredictability in attack and in the midfield. The issue is that the kind of mids that are creative enough to play a pseudo 10, while also being capable enough on defense are super hard to find, which is a big reason why James and Isco aren't being played at Madrid. Kroos/Modric are both deeper-lying players at their core but each have the creativity and vision to perform a 10's role.
>>
>still caring about this financially-doped sport

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/whistleblowers-at-football-leaks-take-six-month-break-a-1091105.html
>>
>>67561585

Ronaldo has but Messi really reinvented the striker position-forwards are a lot more involved in play and it's thanks to players like Messi and Suarez that strikers are expected to do a lot more than just score.

Before Ronaldo wingers really just provided service and weren't expected to score in massive numbers. There would've been no room for Beckham in today's game
>>
>>67560412
>wings

the meme is real
>>
>>67561585

only thing messi ronaldo reinvented is statpadding in stacked teams
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 240x320
The Goat
>>
totti is still playing la
>>
>>67561585
Top class right fullbacks are a rare sight these days. Carvajal is definitely one of the best currently.
>>
ITT: People who doesnt know what a classic "10" is

Protips:

-a classic 10 is a midfielder -he recovers balls and makes defensive tasks-. He barely goes inside the box
-a classic 10 is more talented and doesnt have much strength or speed
-a classic 10 will always try to assist rather than score
-a classic 10 is good at free kicks and corners
-In teams with classic 10's, wings usually dont cut inside and score, they try to make a cross or in best case make a backwards assist.

tl;dr 10's died because the game changed, and they pretty much in modern football can be easily outplayed with a much less talented defender with great physical power. Thas means you can use a very bad and strong player to nullify the best opponent player.
>>
>>67553193
I think defensive midfielders are to blame more than "gegenpressing". The #10 just doesn't have the same space and time that he would have had 20 years ago, you can't afford to put a weak/slow guy like Eriksen, Silva, or Mata in the middle anymore because he'll get pushed around and shut out of the game.
>>
>>67566521
So by your definition, Toni kroos is a classic #10?
>>
>>67566592

>Toni Kross
>Talent

lel
>>
>>67559721
Stfu messi fag
>>
>>67570610
It's true tho
>>
Dead
>>
>>67559721
>>
>>67566642
Are you retarded? Kroos is extremely talented when he plays anywhere that's not Real Madrid.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.