[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's try to predict the starting lineup for each nation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: group c.png (375 KB, 1394x430) Image search: [Google]
group c.png
375 KB, 1394x430
Let's try to predict the starting lineup for each nation which will compete in the Euro 2016. One rule: Only 11 players, no alternatives. I will update the lineups according to the suggestions ITT and in the end we'll hopefully have a good idea on each of the 24 teams.
>>
----------- Randolph
Coleman Clark O'Shea Brady
------ McCarthy Whelan
Walters Hoolahan Hendricks
------------- Long
>>
------------------Hart-------
Johnson--Terry--Stones---Baines
------------Milner----Carrick----------
Walcott----------------------------Sterling
-------------Rooney---Carroll
>>
>>67552638
Seems reasonable
>>
---------------Hart
Walker-Cahill-Smalling-Rose
---------------Alli
Milner----------------- Lallana
------------Rooney
----------Kane-Vardy
>>
>>67552464

i really hope mustafi will not play, he only sucked when he played for germany.
>>
>>67552464
>Gomez
Hans please.
Germany will struggle to even go to semi final with a player like him playing in such an important position.He is literally the German version of Olivier Giroud.
>>
File: group e.png (300 KB, 1390x436) Image search: [Google]
group e.png
300 KB, 1390x436
>>67552638
Thank you.

>>67552976
It's not about what the best XI would be. It's about what seems to be the most likely.
>>
>>67553331
I think Loew will probably use him as a substitute at best.
>>
>>67553414
Yeah, Müller could start as the striker. But who would play for Müller? Nobody seems like a good option.
>>
>>67553444
There is only one right option.
>Gotze
>>
>>67552464
Chris Brunt is out of the Euros with an injury.
>>
----------Batshuayi
Hazard - KDB - Carrasco
----Dembélé - Nainggolan
Vert - Lombaerts - Denayer - Alderweireld
--------------Courtois
>>
>>67553537
It must suck to be him. Any idea who is going to replace him?
>>
>>67553581
Not from Norn Iron myself so I'm not well informed but Gareth McAuley would surely be in the team. He is a centre back that's been playing right back this season for West Brom. Maybe him at right back and McNair at left back at a guess. All the northern irish defence would be centre backs naturally for that team but then that is how West Brom have been playing themselves.
>>
>>67553581
>>67553671
And yeah he was devastated at the time. They finally get to a tournament, towards the end of his career too, and he gets injured. Gutting.
>>
>>67552735
P-please kill me

>>67552845
Better
>>
Sommer; Lichtsteiner, Djourou, Klose, Rodriguez; Xhaka, Behrami, Dzemaili; Shaqiri, Embolo, Steffen

Assuming everyone is fit.
>>
File: e0d8c.jpg (60 KB, 665x665) Image search: [Google]
e0d8c.jpg
60 KB, 665x665
Find a flaw.
>>
>>67554162
You included players that are either ded, too old or were thrown out of the squad
>>
>>67554203
None of them is in the list for the Euro, still a pretty good team
>>
>>67554162
all shit
>>
>>67554162

9 out of 11 people on this squad are muslims or africans
>>
>>67552845
>Alli
>That deep

I know Roy will start Rooney, but I hate that we have to accommodate him when he is fucking shit in every position he plays. Alli should be where Rooney is and Dier where Alli is.
>>
>>67554369
The only ones I would take are Kurzawa and maybe Ben Arfa.
>>
>>67552464
---------Insigne Pellè Candreva
-------Parolo De Rossi Florenzi
Darmian Chiellini Barzagli De Sciglio
---------------------Buffon

Something like this? I want to believe Gonde won't let us see the likes of Motta and Montolivo as starters.
>>
>>67558144
Is Pelle really the starting striker for Italy? Seems to have been ousted from Southampton's lineup by Long.
>>
>>67558214
>>67558214
Ireland > Italy
>>
>>67558214
It's either him or Zaza, really. We don't really have any other choice as a true 9. Plenty of young second strikers and wings tho, we might see some of those unseat Insigne and Candreva. Especially Insigne, Gonde doesn't like him.
>>
>gomez
>kroos

can you guys seriously not do better? i remember when you were good
>>
>>67558281
Damn there really is a dearth of Italian strikers
>>
>>67552464
No szukala, probably cionek or salamon or maybe pazdan
As for other cdm probably jodlowiec
>>
>>67558281
To say you're a very solid top 5 country in football history, you haven't made many great proper strikers.
>>
>>67558365
What language is this?
>>
>>67558144
Dat defense
>>
>>67558382
Kinda true. Most of our offensive talent has been second strikers and offensive midfielders historically.

We did have good proper 9s tho, even recently. Guys like Vieri and Toni, oh if only Toni was 10 years younger.
>>
>>67558332
>I don't rate kroos
stop posting
>>
-----------------Hart---------------
Walker-Smalling-Cahill-Rose
-----------------Dier----------------
-----Drinkwater--------Alli-------
---Sturridge--Kane--Sterling--
>>
File: verratti-immobile-insigne.jpg (18 KB, 450x268) Image search: [Google]
verratti-immobile-insigne.jpg
18 KB, 450x268
>>67558144
What went wrong with these lads?
>>
>>67558473
Broken shit gonde hates him respectively.
>>
>>67558438
Yeah they were good but not like a World XI good. Not one of the top few strikers of their generation. Has any Italian striker ever been like that? I mainly think of Paolo Rossi as a meme.

Meazza of course but I don't know if he was exactly a striker.
>>
>>67558144
If Italy takes Donnarumma to the Euros and play him every game they will win.
>>
>>67558365
>Cionek
Not in a milion years. Salamon or Pazdan.

and instead of CDM we Zielinski now.
>>
>>67558533
>>67558365
>Jagielka could have picked Poland
>would have been your greatest player since Boniek
How does it feel?
>>
>>67558532
>take him
Sure
>play him
Not unless Buffon breaks. No way gonde has the balls to bench him regardless of performance.

>>67558492
Piola?
>>
---------------Hart
Clyne-Cahill-Smalling-Rose
-----Hendo ----Wilshere
Milner----Rooney--- Lallana
--------------Kane
>>
>>67558614
>No way gonde has the balls to bench him regardless of performance.
>implying there's going to be a need to bench Buffon
He's one of the best goalkeepers in the world and twice the player Donnarumma is.
>>
>>67558445
>rating le german crab man

hes joe allen/tom cleverly but with a fancy name
>>
>>67554162
Where's the Frenchman?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.