[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know shit about basketball but how high do people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
I don't know shit about basketball but how high do people rate Ginobili?
If someone could compare him to a divegrass player I'd be thankful.
>>
Literallyty Totti.

>Great guy
>Old
>Amazing skills
>Scummy club
>>
>>67539923

Hm but at least they've won stuff, whereas Totti wasn't as lucky.
>>
His all time greatness varies a lot depending on who you ask. He never achieved the superstar fame of other shooting guards of his time, so casual fans probably don't rank him very high. I consider him a top 5 all time shooting guard.

>Michael Jordan
>Kobe Bryant
>Dwyane Wade
>Ray Allen
>Manu Ginobili

I don't really know what divegrass player to compare him too. He's a 5 time champion and a top 50 all time player (in my eyes at least).
>>
Iniesta
>won a shitload of titles but never as the main star
>always clutch for the NT
>>
For most of his career, he's the second or third best player on an elite team.

If I had to compare him to a current Argentine soccer player, it would be Aguerro.
>>
Are there any soccer players more known for their smarts,craftiness, and cunning than their pure athleticism?

That's Ginobili. He was never the most elite athlete, but he has always been the smartest guy on the court. He sees things in the game no one else does.
>>
File: alto canho.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
alto canho.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>67540148

Riquelme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WvQS5VA-h8
>>
Long hair ginobili was the most exciting player and prolly top 15 at the time
>>
>>67540119
Ginobili nowhere near that good
>>
File: 1308003279080.jpg (156 KB, 599x500) Image search: [Google]
1308003279080.jpg
156 KB, 599x500
>>67540033
>Manu ahead of Drexler or Gervin
>>
i was thinking a modric type of player
>>
he won a gold medal

how many guys outside of the US team can say that
>>
>>67540438
Ehh it's hard to say. On a per-minute basis Ginobili was a top 5-10 player in the league, but injuries and durability question marks mean his overall impact was less than someone like Iniesta
>>
ryan giggs in his final years, except ginobili is not fucking his brother's wife.
>>
>>67540635
Not that we know of
>>
File: 1725393-1[1].jpg (18 KB, 252x218) Image search: [Google]
1725393-1[1].jpg
18 KB, 252x218
>>67540635

He looks like a dumber Bradley Cooper.
>>
>>67539788
only guy to win Euroleague, NBA and Olympics with Brad Miller

first guy to ever beat a professionnal US NT, and only guy who did it twice
>>
>>67539788
schweinsteiger
>>
Ginobili and Wade basically pioneered the Euro-step. Which, for those who don't know, is a bit of misdirection footwork that creates space on the final step to the basket. Like a step through pivot move, while running. He was instrumental in changing and evolving the game
>>
he single handedly beat a team with Tim Duncan, Lebron James, Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony, and Dawayne Wade

everyone thought that team would just alley oop their way to gold medal until Ginobili did his magic
>>
>>67542170
Well, Lithuania beat that "team" too, and even fucking Puerto Rico beat them by 20.
>>
>>67542170
i mean half those players just got drafted that season so they werent even all that good
>>
>>67542304

it doesn't matter, lithuania lost the bronze medal match
>>
>>67540438
You are probably overrating Iniesta then.

2005 Manu was as good in the NBA as Iniesta ever was in his football career.
>>
Manu was amazing. Spurs don't win 05 hip without him
>>
>>67540144
From 04-11, Manu was far better than Parker.

And then was better than Parker in 2014.
>>
Ngolo Kante
>>
Del Piero
>>
>>67539788

>Never averaged 20 points in any season his entire career
>Only made two All Star teams
>Never made a first or second All NBA team

He was a good role player.
>>
>>67542850
> 05 playoffs: 20.8/5.8/4.2 on 65.2% TS
> Finished one vote behind Duncan for FMVP

People out here pretending like he was some borderline all star when he was a definite superstar guard
>>
>>67542996
> muh regular season stats
> ignores mpg

I bet you were one of those retards who thought this year's Spurs team was something special cause muh RS record
>>
>>67540438
This.
>>
>>67543034
>>67543080

You are probably the same type of cats that think Kevin McHale is actually a Top 50 All Time NBA player, when he couldn't even make the starting lineup most of his career.
>>
>>67543179
>cats
You're a long way from Westchester County trying to sound like a Harlemite, Chaddie.
>>
Players with similar career stats:

Eddie Jones
Jeff Hornacek
Terry Porter
Jason Terry
>>
>>67543245
Eddie Jones was dope though
>>
>>67539923
he's one of the worst floppers in league history

totti is a class individual and roma isnt that scummy compared to other italian clubs
>>
>>67539788
>singlehandly lead his team to beat the USA in the Olympic and won a gold Medal
he's Maradonna senpai
>>
>>67542105
Ginobili's is so much harder than Wade's

Ginobili basically goes in hard with that two step stop while Wade's is smooth and quicker

then there's Harden's

>>67546207
love Totti but he too can get scummy just ask Balotelli
>>
>>67540033

This, but he's easily ahead of Allen, and debatably close with Wade. Easily Top 4 SG to ever play basketball. Anyone who disagrees is probably 15.
>>
>>67547479
>Easily Top 4 SG to ever play basketball
t. someone born in 2002
>>
>>67547496

Try '82, faggot. Seen more basketball than you've seen life... Read the whole post next time, I warned about you 15 year olds at the end.
>>
File: projecting.jpg (23 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
projecting.jpg
23 KB, 500x333
>>67547518
>>
>>67547530

Yea, didn't think you'd have anything else to actually say...
>>
>>67547479
>>67547518
>>67547564
Microdicked pemavirgin: the 4chan user
>>
>>67540437

For sure, if you're taking players at their peak abilities, I'd take prime long-hair Ginobili before I took prime Kobe.
>>
>>67547587

I've got 2 kids, a wife, and an 8" white dick. Anything else you wanna throw out there to deflect from you low BBall IQ, boy?
>>
Ozil.

Sometimes considered brilliant, can be inconsistent, still overall a good player. Fans love him sometimes, he gets a lot of blame when things don't go well.
>>
>>67547634
>you will never be this insecure because an anonymous user from an anime website is fucking with you

Is this your first day here, old man? They just trying to make you look stupid/mad and they are. Chillax
>>
>>67547651
Nah, Ozil when he's off his game he is completely invisible.

When Manu is off, he can cost Spurs the entire game through his insane style of play. You'd never think he's invisible.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.