[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does he have potential to be a true "GOTY" let's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 6
File: file.png (3 MB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3 MB, 2000x1000
Does he have potential to be a true "GOTY" let's consider he is not fond of that hit and run bullshit.
>>
GGG has the legit ability to mix it up with the bet of them.

However, due to bad early career promotion, lack of top tier talent in his weightclass, and post-Mayweather era ducking, he won't ever achieve ATG status.
>>
hes in his mid-30s and has the resume of a prospect....hbo hypejob fraud
>>
>>67536942
>>67536935

What a horrible era for Box fans to live in.
Honestly I thought he was younger.
>>
>Canelo vs khan did 400k buys
>>
>>67536864

No one wants to fight him.
So he's forced to fight cans.
So he never gets a credible win.
So he's discredited his entire career for being a can farmer.
Meanwhile marketing has Canelo praised as the GOAT.

It's quite brilliant.

>boxing
>a sport

pick literally uno. Sports require proper competition you retards.
>>
>>67537319
that's a lot more than i thought it would be. i bet 60% of that was from sports bars
>>
>>67537319
>Americans don't give a shit about Mexicans if they are not short/brown cholo pieces of garbage that arrive in the scenery riding a burro.
>Fight was broadcasted for free in Mexico

What else did you expect HBO?
>>
>>67537379
>Meanwhile marketing has Canelo praised as the GOAT.
At least canelo wanted to fight the best, as he did and lost. that was when Televisa got mad at him

They tried to push that retarded chavez jr. the same way only that idiot lost against a nobody and the magic was over.
>>
>>67537412
>but khan's army
>>
Any update on whether Canela has said no? I want him stripped of the belt already so his Mexicans turn on him for being a pussy
>>
>>67537853
He literally said "We don't fuck around, let's do it"

Honestly I believe GGG will fuck him up good
>>
>>67537853
Canelo is fucking stupid. He should off fought at 160 instead of khan to get his body ready. Now GGG is going or i should say still REKT him.
>>
>>67537319
Glaser, the guy who gave us the 97k GGG-Lemieux figure and the 650k Cotto-Canelo figure came out and said 332k for this bout.

Since we now have the actual numbers for that Khan-Canelo fight it shows that Glaser doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Time for people to start ignoring that retard,
>>
>>67538671
Canelo vs khan did 600k buys according to goldenboy. I still dont think that great.
>>
>>67540545
I think canelo should drop the 160 belt and go fight pacman for a money prize fight. Fight GGG later on and see if he can get the 160 belt back.... but a manny pacquaio fight wont be easy for canelo. Manny has speed and power.
>>
>>67540545
GoldenBoy inflated the numbers.

145k on Direct
60k on Dish
230k on cable

https://twitter.com/KevinI/status/730844905086410752
>>
>>67540723
>Manny has speed and power.
so does GGG I think he's doing the right move.
>>
File: 1405220037264.jpg (15 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
1405220037264.jpg
15 KB, 324x291
>>67537319

>de la hoya thought it would do 2 million+
>>
>>67540929
GGG got no speed. You can see him a mile away. Canelo has good timing. All GGG has is power and ring generalship.
>>
>>67541041
>. Canelo has good timing

A sloth >>> Chavez Jr. >>> A Death Sloth >>> Canelo

Against Khan All Canelo did was wait until Amir got distracted and smacked his face with pure strength and 0% skill.
>>
Lol the announcers sound so depressed nashville is losing.
>>
He can if he gets busy fighting the cream of the crop ASAP

If he beats Canelo, then Billy Joe Saunder, and Danny Jacobs, Eubank Jr, and then maybe a title at 168 in the next 2 years and does so with style I could see an argument being made for him being up there.
>>
>>67541179
>and 0% skill
come on now
>>
>>67541179
He went to the body and timed khan. Thats how he KO khan. Also because khan has a crappy chin.
>>
>>67536864
I'm a pro fighter just started out 2-0 2kos I had 200+ amateur fights... Inbox out of Los Angeles and believe me GGG has the goods. I'm a lightweight but I've seen him spar a ton of known and really good fighters and he beats the shit out of everyone. In my opinion the only guy who can beat him is Mayweather because of his movement, ring generalship and defense
GGG absolutely murders Canelo. His style is perfect for GGG
>>
>>67536864
a game of the year?
>>
>>67544807
Yeah that didn't make sense to me either
>>
He should've moved up and fight Ward. Now that's too late.

When Canelo gives him some shitty offer for a fight at 155 he should try to get a fight against Billy Joe Saunders in Bongistan.
>>
>>67537412
Very rare do sports bars show HBO boxing. It's too expensive to show (it costs more than $99). UFC on the other hand is much cheaper.
>>
>>67544847
GGG is very small in person he's only about 5'9 168 is too much for him his best weight is 160
>>
>>67544910
Too bad boxing is fucking shithole where you have to make stupid decisions to get great fights.

>people that wants GGG to move down to 155 for Canelo when Canelo probably weighs more then GGG on fight night
>>
>>67544919
>when Canelo probably weighs more then GGG on fight night
Haha no, GGG is gonna outweigh canelo by at least 10 lbs on fight night
>>
>>67537319
wrong 460k
>>
File: 6owhGSb.png (180 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
6owhGSb.png
180 KB, 600x339
>>67544941
Canelo ain't coming in at 160...
>>
>>67536864
too old, too slow, too technically sloppy. he'll start to lose when he fights top guys. Canelo probably beats him too.
>>
>>67536942
>Resume of a prospect
>has cleaned out his entire division
>doesn't fight smaller fighters to pad his resume
>345 amateur wins only 5 losses
>undefeated pro record
>highest ko percentage in the sport

Yeah. Definitely just hype.
>>
I hate how people say no one will fight him and yet I've never heard him personally call anyone out. If he wants people to fight him why doesn't he go the Briggs/Kovalev route and call them out? That would show that he truly wants to be great instead of leaving it up in the air. Canelo, Froch, Ward, JCCjr, Jacobs would be great bouts for him.
>>
>>67544941
Nope. Canela usually comes in at -170. Golovkin weighs just as much as him.

(Golovkin took a picture of his weight 30 days out from his fight with Wade and it wqs precisely the same as Canelo's 30 days out from Khan. Pics are on their twitter accounts)

They'll weigh the same on fight night.
>>
>>67541041
"All he has is power" - Dominic Wade, final press conference leading up to his dight with GGG.

He really said that. Was knocked out in 2 rounds.
>>
>>67545404
what else is he going to say? just hyping up the fight
>>
>>67545363
technically the highest KO percentage in the sport goes to Wilder, if we count only 30+ fights fighters

>>67545386
he's been calling out Canelo desu. Not too aggressively, but he wasn't silent on the matter. Who else should he call out? BJS blatantly ducks him and it's common knowledge now, these are the only 2 fights he needs to unify the MW division. Lara is all talk and isn't the slicky slick boxer everyone thinks that would beat GGG (besides the fact that he's a no-name; fair game if he was mandatory, he isn't even in the MW division). Ward is at 175 waiting for his ass to get knocked out by Kovalyov.
>>
>>67541041
GGG has a fantastic jab and amazing footwork.
>>
SUCK MY ASS FLOYD HATERS
>>
>>67536864
His fans are some of the biggest autists around.
>>
>>67540545
In what world is 600k not great?

Are you a fucking faggot living in faggot land? Rhetorical question! You are a fucking faggot!
>>
>>67544873
Wrong
>>
>>67546298
They have boxing in spain?
>>
>>67546821
what do you mean by this?
>>
Hijacking a boxing thread to ask - just how much of an advantage does size/power give you in a fight?

I'm 6"1 and 80kg and have been attending boxing classes for about 9 months, maybe once every couple of weeks - so I'm still very shit. At my class there are some guys who have been boxing since they were kids, good speed, technique, etc - but they're only about 5"7 and 60kg. Would I have a good chance of beating them in a fight? I genuinely can't imagine any of their punches really hurting me, whereas I'd only have to land a few good shots to do some proper damage.

Also, boxing class was led by one of the top 55 heavyweights in the world again last week, only a matter of time before I turn pro desu.
>>
File: 1460345728357.jpg (26 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1460345728357.jpg
26 KB, 640x960
>>67547732
Well you obviously arent going to post a video of yourself for honest critique. Some matters in fights, but it goes both ways. The smaller fighter will land more shots but the bigger fighter will land the bigger shots. However dont underestimate the danger of speed, a 20 kg weight difference could mean you getting hit with a fast punch you dont see coming, which will knock out anyone. Also a 20 kg diff probably means you won be able to match them in speed, so you better work on your technique
>yfw I am one of those 5'7 60kg kids
>>
>>67546766
He's not fucking wrong. Find me a fucking place in my city that shows ppv boxing. REEEEEEE
>>
>>67547732
>>67547958
I'm also a 5'7 60kg kid and I would wreck your lazy British ass
>>
>>67547997
>its an Americlap gets mad at commonweathers thread
Id hit you with a 4 jab combo you couldnt even see coming kid. My shoulder roll - uppercut has been praised by mayweather (all of them) himself
>>
>>67537319

>Khan got $13m

I still can't believe this fight made money
>>
>>67547958
>>67547997
Yeah I have no doubt that these guys would get at least 10 shots in for every 1 time I hit them. Technically I'm still at a very basic level. I just look at these guys and can't imagine them ever hitting me hard enough to knock me out or even really hurt me. I just wondered whether that extra height and weight would be enough for me, objectively a far far worse boxer, to power through their defences and land some damaging punches.

Also, sparred with that pro boxer briefly at that last session, although he wasn't throwing proper punches. The guy's 6"5 and 120kg - I'm sure he could knock me out with a jab desu.
>>
>>67547732

Use your size, learn to cut off the ring and use your jab to control range. I'd happily spar with you if you were close tbqhf
>>
>>67546746
You can't compare PPV's together like they are all equal. More money gets spent on on marketing and production on higher profile PPV's. While 150k was around break even for GGG-Lemieux, 150k would have been a huge loss in a money for Canelo-Khan simply because much more money was spent on the fight.
>>
>>67548136
By that, do you mean cutting off a smaller opponent with the jab any time he tries to get close? And if I'm against a bigger guy, I want to get in close so I can hurt him? Probably shows how much I know about boxing, but I never really watched it before a year ago, and I'm trying to learn more about the tactical side of it.

I'm at my uni's club at the mo, but I'm graduating this year (leaving for the summer in about a month) and literally have no idea where I'll be by September. So it's hard to say if I'm a close, as I'm not really settled anywhere right now.
>>
>>67548215

Everything comes from the jab, if you are going forward against a bigger guy you are leading with the jab, if you are controlling the ring against a smaller guy you are keeping him controlled with the jab. The most important thing is footwork though, you need to be able to move to cut off the ring against smaller fighters and to be able to slip out of corners and off the ropes (desu if he's big enough you should avoid the ropes). You should join an actual boxing club/gym rather than a uni club mate.

I live in the midlands so probably not close but I'm going to tell you straight you're nowhere near turning pro. Do some amateur fights for at least a year first.
>>
>>67548317
Just so we're clear, that was a joke about turning pro. I'm interested in learning more about boxing, but essentially I only took it up to try something different for a year and learn a bit of self-defence. If circumstances allow then maybe I'll carry on with it in the future, but I'm not really interested in competing at all. Was just curious, is all.
>>
why do people dickride GGG so much, he has fought literally no one important (maybe lemieux) and he dodges all the fucking time. Meantime Canelo has fought landa, mayweather, cotto, khan, mosley, trout....
>>
>>67547732

In a boxing ring? They'd smoke you, ESPECIALLY if your cardio is shit.

In a real fight, you could probably wrestle them to the ground/beat the fuck out of them while grabbing their clothes.
>>
>>67548215
>By that, do you mean cutting off a smaller opponent with the jab any time he tries to get close?

It means that you should corner him and restrict his movement.

Against a taller guy, you need to close the distance to where you can hit him.
>>
>>67548575
>Landa (lara?)
Lost
>floyd
Lol
>cotto
Barely won
>khan
Inevitable
>mosley
Kinda
>Trout
>trout
>>
>>67548674
>>67548743
The other thing I've taken up is long-distance running, so I think my cardio is probably better than theirs'. I don't do any boxing-specific fitness, but I don't think they do either really. So I don't think cardio would be a problem, it's just whether I'd be (a) able to land any good shots, and (b) whether those shots would hurt them enough. I'd like to try it desu, if I got my ass handed to me then it'd be a bit embarrassing, but still interesting.
>>
>>67548575
Because he's absolutely demolished everyone he's fought and sent every A level fighter running shitless for the past 5 years?
>>
>>67548575
He couldn't even hurt grandpa Mosley which was fucking embarrassing. He really should have KO'd Cotto. Canelo has no killer instinct. Another poster put it perfectly in that he's a less skilled Juan Manuel Marquez.

The Khan and Kirkland fights were just to get the casuals hyped for when he gets destroyed by GGG.
>>
>>67548575
>I have the WBC 160 belt but I refuse to defend it at 160
>I'll defend my belt against a super LW
>Why GGG doesn't go two division up and fight Ward ? He's scared !
>>
He will never be a GOAT because he literally only has one big fight, Canelo. Best case scenario it's a great fight and they have a rematch or even a trilogy. Because after that there's nothing left for him at 154, 160 or 168 and he's already 34 so he'll probably start to decline within a couple of years. He should have fought Ward at 168 when he had the chance. If he won, Froch might have come out of retirement too.
>>
>>67537577

>implying GGG doesn't wanna fight the best but is being ducked

>implying Cinabum actually wanted to fight the best instead of picking on fringe jmw's and WW's

>implying the Floyd fight was about anything more than money

deluded fag
>>
>>67544798
Whats your boxrec profile? I would watch your next fight yo
>>
>>67549022
every time on here
>im a pro fighter, x-x with xxx ammy fights. knocked my last opponent out cold in the first round
>"are you on boxrec?"
>never heard from again
>>
That Russian lad has only fought against literally whos. Imo Canelo can destroy him

But again, who cares. Boxing is dead
>>
>>67549169
This confirms that anyone who thinks Canelo has a chance is a dumb casual who doesn't even follow boxing.
>>
>>67549169
>That Russian lad has only fought against literally whos

Maybe that wouldn't the case if the Aregntinian coward Sergio Martinez hadn't shamelessly ducked him.
>>
>>67541041
GGG is fast chill mate. Canelo is a fat fucking slob.
>>
>>67538268
Dude, he said the exact same thing the last time; how he was he would put the gloves back on and fight right there if he wanted and then went back to his caneloweight antics

>>67538595
I hope he gets fucking wrecked, I always liked Canela until he started with these antics. People saying Pacquiao would be a tougher challenge are high, sadly Manny is long past his prime. 2008 Manny would be too fast for Canela but Manny now, it could go either way
>>
>>67549370
Martínez is also a hack m8

He's working as an stand-up comedian now
>>
>>67549169
>Russian
>>
>>67549169
>Martinez retired
>Matthysee retired
>Maidana ate a grown man

Stay salty and keep speaking Spanish with your gay accent. Jajajajaja
>>
>Povektin tested positive for a banned substance

https://twitter.com/danrafaelespn?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

>Since January 1, 2016, it has been on the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) list of substances banned from use by athletes.[2] However, there are debates over its use as an athletic performance enhancer. Some athletes are known to have been using it before it was banned.[3] It is currently unscheduled in the US.
>>
>>67536864
>"GOTY"
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>67551293
Gamer Of The Year
>>
>>67536864
Of course, but he will never get the status.

GGG will have a fight against Canelo, beat him up... and everybody else will see it as confirmation to never ever step in a ring with him.

He'll end up as mean eastern roadblock for fiery youngsters in their mid-teen to early 20 wins until he quits boxing and starts active charity work with youth sports.
>>
>>67550971
God dammit. What are the chances of the fight still happening?
>>
>>67550971
Doesnt surprise me. These soviets have access to some of the best untraceable steroids and once again it shows VADA TESTING is the best to catch anyone. Why you think mayweather never wanted to test with VADA. Its funny too because pacman was the only one testing with VADA.

Also GGG might be on some good untraceable steroids. His gut has gotten alot bigger but he did test with VADA for the lemeiux fight.
>>
>>67548913
He was scared to move up too 168 and wanted a catch weight with ward at 164.
>>
>>67549145
TOP KEK
>>
>>67551660
Salido-Vargas still happened but this is Wilder we're talking about.

He's probably celebrating in his hotel room right now since he found a reason to get out of the fight.

>>67551698
GGG lives in America surrounded by an entirely American team and has been for years. Before that he was in Germany.

also, Povektin wasn't caught taking a steroid. It was something thats been legal in competitive sports for over 40 years and was just recently added to the list. It takes months for it to leave your system.
>>
>>67552166
ayy don't give Wilder shit. He's the champ that agreed to travel all the way to Povetkin's home to defend his title when everyone said he wouldn't. Povetkin's the drug-cheating shitheel and only one to blame if the fight doesn't come off.
>>
>>67547732
top 55 implies, he's 50-55th best hw, is that pro of amateur?
>>
>>67552248
I'm not. I just think fan pressure goes a lot further in pushing a fighter to do something than anyone wants to admit. I've been looking forward to this fight and I think Wilder wins. If the fight doesn't happen then Wilder will lose his biggest opportunity to show the world and his critics that he's a major player in the boxing game.

Latest updates:
>"We're in contact with the WBC. They'll take the decision on whether the fight will happen or not," Ryabinsky said.

>Ryabinsky admitted Povetkin took meldonium last year but said he stopped before it was banned on Jan. 1, and only "leftover traces of meldonium at a very low concentration" were found in a blood sample given by Povetkin last month.

>Athletes in several sports have avoided suspensions for meldonium positives under new World Anti-Doping Agency guidance issued in April if the concentration of the banned heart drug is low enough to indicate they did not take it after Jan. 1.
>>
>>67552166
Which steroid was it?
>>
>>67553003
meldonium
>>
>>67553186
So its not a "steroid" technically. It does not increase testosterone. Its sort off like creatine but better.
>>
>>67553438
yeah, I said it wasn't a steroid.
>>
>>67552334
>implying Mendelevium is a banned substance
>>
>>67553543
What are you trying to say?
>>
>>67553593
Forgive me, I am raising a child with downs syndrome and I think his retarded antics are rubbing off on me.
>>
>>67552334
>meldonium

How much does this stuff actually help? If it's non-prescription it can't be that powerful.
>>
>>67551698
>Also GGG might be on some good untraceable steroids

GGG, Kov and Loma all live and train in America, so if they're on anything so are the Americans
>>
>>67553640
It helps with bloodflow.

basically it would allow you to train a bit longer without getting tired. Go longer in the fight without getting tired as quick if he was on it during the fight.

Though If what Ryabinsky said is true and only trace elements were found than that means Povektin is at the end of the cycle and he likely had no advantage during this camp.
>>
WILDER KO 6 POVETKIN.
>>
>>67551660

I don't care if Povetkin is pissing neon green, I just want this fight to happen. Most intriguing heavyweight matchup in years.
>>
>>67552322
Yeah he's pro, and guessing he's pretty rich too because he's had at least one big fight. No idea why he's come to teach a class of mostly novices, but good on him.
>>
>>67553637
T
O
P

K
E
K
>>
>>67553722
So? They come from the eastern block. Who's to say they dont have good chemist somewhere? Its like the Chinese government giving their athletes PEDS.
>>
>>67553763
I heard some athletes take viagra to train too.
>>
>>67554632
Nigga cuz they fight in America why the fuck would I use PEDs from a country 10000 miles away when I'm in America and we have probably a shit ton more PEDs here. What are you a child?
>>
fury would fuck him up
>>
Canelo ginger fuck will knock out old amateur man GGG in the 8th
>>
Why does GGG get a pass for not stepping up to ward but everyone talks shit about canelo for not stepping up to GGG??????????
>>
>>67555498

Because Ward only fights once every three years against bums in front of two men and a dog in his hometown
>>
>>67555498
Why do you ask this every thread instead of just refuting the clear, logical answers you're given?
>>
>>67555087
>PEDS that brought over from Europe to America
Stupid nigger
>>
>>67554383
Same, but I have to root for Wilder now, even though he's a cunt
>>
>>67556081
No nigga. Why would I call some secret chemist in st Petersburg for some PEDs when they're right there in LA? they were born in the Eastern bloc they live and fight in the US (Loma don't).
>>
>>67555498
GGG didn't duck Ward. It just wasn't meant to happen (yet) and let's be real, the only time Ward sent an actual offer was when GGG had a fight signed with Lemeiux. To be fair though the only time that GGG gave Ward an offer was in 2013 when he was injured and wss getting rekt in court
>>
>>67555498
Maybe because Canelo got a middleweight belt?

That's the bullshit. He should just drop the belt if he wants to fight at 155 Canelo weight.
>>
>>67554419
iirc he's talking about Dillian Whyte, think he posted this in a thread recently
>>
>>67555134
Fun fact - GGG is Christian from a nation that's 70% Muslim. His family faced persecution for their beliefs. GGG is probably as redpilled as Fury is.
>>
>>67559383

how do you know this.

also i thought khazakstan was one of the few countries that legitametly believes in religious freedom.
>>
>>67559049
Yeah I posted a couple of weeks ago after the first session. Thought it would be a one-off, but he took the session again this week so it looks like he's planning on sticking around for a little while at least. No comment on the guess though.
>>
File: sabina.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sabina.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
Against Canelo, Khan appeared to win four to five rounds. The only thing Canelo had going for him in that fight was his size and his power. I think if Khan had been in the ring with Golovkin, he would have been knocked out in one or two rounds
>>
>>67559483
so does turkey
>>
>golovkin is already 34
he looks like he's in his late teens
>>
>>67559933
khan won 3 at best if you are real generous. he got owned in 4, 5 and KTFO in 6.
>>
Year
>>
>>67536864
Game of the year?
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.