[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITK here. He's going today.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 21
File: original[1].jpg (28 KB, 729x504) Image search: [Google]
original[1].jpg
28 KB, 729x504
ITK here. He's going today.
>>
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/730736770795622400?s=09

Confirmed

JUST
>>
Rafa would be a good replacement
>>
File: 175844725.jpg (43 KB, 970x646) Image search: [Google]
175844725.jpg
43 KB, 970x646
>Almost his first words to me were, "I'll get you in the Champions League"
>mfw
>>
>>67526496
he meant the championship league, where he left his old team
>>
F
>>
>>67526635
>that banner
I don't get it
>>
sad day 2bh
>>
>>67526656
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finch_Farm
>>
>>67526666
Ah right thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 486x601) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 486x601
Don't worry guys he's only going to be dacked, not sacked
>>
His record is almost identical to Pardew at Newcastle. And just like Newcastle they are being linked with a Dutch title winning coach.

This is literally relegation 101
>>
should have been sacked when he rejected 35million pound sterling for john stones
>>
File: image.gif (1017 KB, 245x191) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1017 KB, 245x191
>>67525498
He should stay IMO, he is a good manager but the squad lacks quality in some major areas and he needs the financial backing to fix them.
>>
>>67526745
Everton has a good squad, Martinez is just shit
>>
>>67526731

Yeah I really don't understand the hate for Martinez. He's a good manager. I mean yes they should have had a better season this year, and I don't really know why they didn't, but it's not like he got them relegated. And he got them to the semi final of the FA cup.

Fucking moron supporters just like Newcastle
>>
Martinez literally cannot manage unless he is in a relegation battle
>>
>5 home league wins all season
>>
>>67526745

He's spent 100 million, including legends such as Kone, and McGeady (now on loan in the championship) and 13.5 million on someone to replace Naismith who has played all of half an hour of football since January and who everyone (even staff) have said is utter dogshit.
>>
GONE

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36098344

Benitez in!
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 400x350
>>67526745
I'll elaborate.
LB Baines is fucking shit.
CB Jagiekla is fucking shit.
RM Lennon is fucking shit
I only ever notice Barkely in the middle.. And he's got a long way to go to become top class.
>>
>Wigan in the 4 years before Martinez: 10th, 17th, 14th 11th
>Wigan in the 4 years after Martinez joins: 16th, 16th, 15th, 18th
>Everton in the 4 seasons before Martinez: 8th, 7th, 7th, 6th
>Everton in the 3 seasons after Martinez joins: 5th, 11th, between 11th and 14th (realistically)

When will the Martinez meme end?

He's a shit manager, sure his teams play nice football, but he is absolutely incapable of organising a team's defence, and by now, after 7 seasons of top flight English football should have fucking sorted this out
>>
>>67526755

They're the most patient fanbase in the world m8. They spent 11 years under that boring cunt gradually inching their way from 17th to 6th. The finished in the top five or six several seasons running and finally seemed like they were going to push on to something good if they could just get a decent forward instead of the absolutely fucking gash Jelavic.

Along comes Roberto and ships out Jelavic for Lukaku and low and behold, he takes Moyes foundation and gets 72 points with it.

Unfortunately after that - because he's a fucking retard - he completely tosses out everything Moyes built over that time, brings his own inept people in (seriously look up the careers of his coaching staff its embarrassingly hilarious) and within two seasons he's undone 11 years of work.

Last year they had the third worst defensive record not just in the league but in all of Europe. In one season he lost more games than Moyes did in his last three.

This will be the worst home campaign in Everton's history, and they've existed for 150 years.

How anyone can say the fans are unreasonable for wanting him gone is insane.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 432x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 432x432
>>67526745
>>67526784
Well he's gone..>>67526783
No point in this, time to join the Benitez in bandwagon.
>>
>>67526784

You don't know anything about football and your opinion is accordingly worthless. The fact that of all those players you singled out Barkley as the one to complement says enough.
>>
>>67526755
He's objectively made both Wigan and Everton worse teams compared with when he took over
>>
Martinez and Benitez to swap positions.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 960x927) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 960x927
>>67526829
I spent my whole life in the football academy set up.. I hopped from Brentford to West Brom to Watford. I grew up in a football mad household which has been supporting Chelsea for the last 70 years, I may have an opinion but at least I based it on the experiences I have had or seen. I know my football.
>>
File: 1315004020533.jpg (13 KB, 240x257) Image search: [Google]
1315004020533.jpg
13 KB, 240x257
>>67526853
>Newcastle become EVEN worse defensively

Endless keks
>>
Rafa at Liverpool literally said that Everton are a small club. There is no way he would be accepted by the delusional everton fans after he brought up that home truth.
>>
>>67526868

Literally not possible
>>
>>67526857
shut up, mate
>>
>>67526857

You don't know shit, stop embarrassing yourself.

Slating the likes of Baines (one of the best assist records in Europe) while praising dog shit like Barkley. Jagielka shit? Him and Gareth Barry are the only two consistently dependable people in the whole fucking team.
>>
File: image.gif (480 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
480 KB, 500x270
>>67526904
You got it guv'nor.
>>
>>67526914
Mmhhhfhhhh hmmmfhhhh mffffhmmm...>>67526904
>>67526923
Mfhhhh hmmfhhhhh
>>
>>67526899
Martinez managed to take one of the best defences in England and turn them into absolute tripe, so I don't think it's that outlandish that he'd make one of the worst defences even worse
>>
>>67526914

Agreed. Ross is talented but when Everton have been shit this season he's literally turned into Le Head Down and Dribble Straight at Goal man, usually with no success.
>>
>>67526914
Baines has got 1 assist all season, he's been shit since the injuries hit him.

Jagielka and Barry are way past their peaks.

Lukaku will be leaving in the summer.

Everton are in serious trouble
>>
F
>>
>>67526883
If Everton could get a manager like Rafa I think all would be forgiven if he finished above Liverpool.

Wont look forward to Rafael Beneath us shouts though.
>>
As an Everton season ticket holder and fan for many years, I can't believe some of the people refusing to blame the manager. This team is FAR better than anything Moyes had to work with.
>>
>>67527157
>Everton
>finishing above liverpool

kek
>>
>>67527157
Rafa is shit mate

He's had four jobs since leaving Liverpool and failed miserably at all of them
>>
File: _89361562_gettymartinez.jpg (30 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
_89361562_gettymartinez.jpg
30 KB, 624x351
top sign writing skills from the fans, again
>>
>>67527163
We did it regularly under Moyes.
>>
>>67527210
>regularly

3 times in the 11 years under Moyes

>once in Rafa's first year when Liverpool were focusing on winning the CL, and won it
>twice when Liverpool were on the brink of financial collapse and administration

Liverpool are comfortably better than Everton, and Everton won't get a manager close to the level of Klopp, regardless of how many mongs reckon Mourinho is gonna come
>>
>>67526953

He's missed most of the season through injury genius.
>>
>>67526745
>this post again

Evertons squad is better individually than Leicesters.
>>
>>67527273
>Evertons squad is better individually than Leicesters.

I see the "Everton team is great!" meme is still in full force. Everton are a midtable team
>>
>>67527273

HAHAHA DELUSIONAL SCOUSERS

Never change
>>
>>67527276

Why did they go from 6th, 6th, 5th to a midtable team?

Isn't it largely a brand new team? How can you characterise completely new personnel as 'midtable' when this is essentially their first full season together?

Jagielka and Coleman are the only two senior players in the team, and Coleman isn't even that old. Baines has missed most through injury, Howard's been dropped.

Lukaka, Stones, Barkley, Funes Mori, Deulofeu, Lennon are all new additions.
>>
>>67527246
Klopp, the manager who has revolutionized Liverpool by taking them to 8th in the table? And only got through to the Europa final because of a drugs cheat?

Rodgers was better la
>>
>>67527273
Schmeichal > Howard
Simpson < Coleman
Huth > Jagielka
Morgan > Stones
Fuchs > Baines
Kante >>>> Barry
Drinkwater >>>> Mccarthy
Mahrez >>>>> Barkley
Albrighton >> Cleverly
Okazaki < Deulofeu
Vardy = Lukaku

Leicester's team is COMFORTABLY better
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 327x324) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 327x324
>>67527273
AHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Right because that team has won the PL more than leycister.
>>
File: 1462194524198.png (8 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1462194524198.png
8 KB, 300x300
>>67527273
>>
>>67527312
The Klopp who took over this shitshow mid-season, got us to 2 cup finals and has made the club excited again for it's future.

If you actually think whatever shite manager you get in is close to Klopp then you're deluded. Even most Everton fans I speak to in real life aren't bitter enough to deny that Klopp is good
>>
>>67527273

Neverton fans, never change.

Fuck off with the delusion that Everton's team is anything but an overhyped midtable team.

Lukaku is the ONLY top player in Everton's team, and he'll leave in the summer
>>
>>67527344
Howard isn't even their first choice GK
>>
>>67527367
Robles then, he's shite too.Schmeichel is better
>>
>>67527365

HAHAHA GAY PEOPLE AMIRITE GUYS?
>>
>>67527415
Bail you little sword swallower
>>
bring back >moyes
>>
>>67527361
Lol m8 Rodgers got you what like, 6th, 2nd, 6th? Klopp is OBJECTIVELY worse
>>
>>67527490
Yeah ok, ask 100 people if they'd rather Klopp or Rodgers manage their club
>>
Mou to Everton when??
>>
>>67527361
>If you actually think whatever shite manager you get in is close to Klopp
Apparently they might get Favre. He's pretty good, and has shown he can get teams from midtable/ near relegation up to European spots. His only real problem is establishing them there, but that's because he hasn't really had the money yet to make the necessary transfers/ keep a squad together.
>>
>>67527502

The only reason mongs like you like Klopp is because he's better with the media than Rodgers. He says fuck in his press conferences and makes jokes that autists make hilarious memes out of.

You're riding the dick of a GOAT manager that has achieved what? Throwing away multiple winning leads? Finishing 8th?

Holy shit give him a new contract already.
>>
>>67527521
No, i'm praising him because he's a managed who has won league titles, reached CL finals, built a great Dortmund team, took over this shitshow of a Liverpool team mid-season and already took us to 2 cup finals and had us competing against good teams again
>>
>>67527541

>took us to two cup finals

Oh nigger please you went through by beating a league two team on fucking penalties. The only decent team you faced until the final was Stoke, who you drew with 1-1 and again only went through because of penalties. HAIL KLOPP!

He's taken you literally one place higher in the league after 27 games than the manager you sacked had you after 10 games.
>>
>this korean sperging out again
might just be my new favorite poster desu
>>
>>67527591
You'll always be my favourite, Finlad.
>>
Frank de Boer when?
>>
>>67527578
>Conveniently missing out the other cup where Liverpool beat Man U, Dortmund and Villareal
>>
F
>>
Everton season ticket holder here.

It is a shame that it didn't work out for Martinez. That first season was brilliant. Exciting football, lack of fear when playing teams away from home and still a well drilled defence.

Second season was awful, that Christmas period was disgusting I think the perfomance at Hull was one of the worst I have seen - at least as bad as the end of the Walter Smith days. Problem was Martinez wouldn't change things, he was stubborn in his belief of how football should be played and could blame the Europa League for the domestic problems. Remember how Everton got knocked out of the Europe that year? A complete microcosm of that (and this) season.

This year, again, dreadful, at least at the start of the season Everton were scoring goals when they were losing and drawing, Since Christmas the attackers have gone off the boil. Players put in the wrong positions, the squad looks unfit and that is reflected in the amount of points thrown away in the final minutes of games.

Martinez didn't help himself throughout by bigging players and performances up. We are Evertonians, we know shite, if you're born after 1984 chances are all you have ever known is shite. Do not tell us McGeady is 'phenomenal' we are experts, connoisseurs of watching shite.

Basically Martinez had replaced Distin with John Stones in defence. I know Stones has been of the boil for the past 6-7 months, but fucking hell that is an improvement, and instead Everton look so shaky.

Martinez should have been sacked after the 4-0 against the shite, but the board (Kenwright) being cowards did not. So all that happened is fans get more and more angry and protests become nastier and nastier until the board have no choice.

Again, Martinez didn't help himself, after the semi final defeat, why didn't he start any youngsters? Dowell for example - I know Pennington has been getting a game but that is because of injuries. Likes of Gibson, Pienaar etc are leaving the club - so play kids
>>
>>67527655
Which Liverpool conveniently only managed to get through with a goal from a DRUGS CHEAT
>>
>>67527655

It's the Europa League m8. And I didn't 'conveniently miss it out', I was addressing the "TWO CUP FINALS LA" when one of them was a joke (and they still didn't win it).

"TWO CUP FINALS" sounds a lot more impressive than "we beat Carlisle and Stoke on pens"
>>
>>67527749
It's all terribly true.
>>
13-14 is the year the TV deal kicked in. Suddenly shitters like Palace and Swansea started get £100 million dumped in their bank accounts, so obviously it would for harder Everton to push for Europe. The league is more financially equal.

You're blaming Martinez for the premier league TV deal. I guarantee Everton will finish in the bottom half again next season.

> m...muh Lukaku, m...muh Delofeu

West Ham have Dimitri Payet. Southampton have Dusan Tadic. Stoke have Bojan Krkic Swansea have Andre Ayew. Palace have Yohan Cabaye. You need players like that just to survive the premier league these days. Every fucking club in the league has their 'best squad for years'.

Will you faggots call for Frank De Boer to be sacked when Everton finish 13th next year?
>>
>>67527749

I don't think he's deluded like Rodgers was, I think he's a natural politician and he knows spin.

The way he is able to effectively to make his entire three year tenure sound like a success.

"In the first season we reached a record points total. In the second season we were the last British team to be knocked out of Europe. In this season we've reached two cup semi-finals. Clearly we are developing and progressing as a club!"

Reality:

>Beat Arsenal 3-0 to get a Champions League place then pissed it away losing to Crystal Palace and Southampton thanks to starting McGeady and Alcaraz

>Took a 2-1 advantage into a quarter final in the Europa League, scored an away goal to make it even more difficult to get knocked out, only had to get a draw with 60 minutes to play and ended up conceding 5

>took a 2-1 advantage into a Cup semi-final against Manchester City. Score an away goal to make your position even stronger. Still get knocked out.

Even his progress in the three Cups all ended up with being knocked out in an embarrassing capitulation, yet he manages to spin them as successes.

I'm glad he's gone for that reason most of all. Fuck having a lying cunt as the face of your club.
>>
>>67527749
It's tricky for us as fans to be able to tell how good young players like Dowell actually are. I've seen the goal highlights and stuff like everyone else and there's no way he'd be scoring them in the premier league, and I think Martinez did a good job with players like Galloway and Browning, and even Stones till this season.

Also I don't think the criticism of Kenwright is fair. He's done the best he can. He clearly didn't want to sell us to the wrong person and I can understand the frustration, but hasn't his patience paid off in that regard, we've got a billionaire owner for half of the club now who will probably be there for the long run rather than someone like Randy Lerner. BK is loyal to his managers, and okay he held on to Martinez too long, but I'd rather he dither over sacking someone for six months than sack managers too early.

Other than that, good points.
>>
>>67525498
>MOYES WHEN?
>>
>>67527819

Leicester have one of the cheapest squads and lowest wage bills and just won the league you dopey cunt.

Everton's wage bill should have them 7th or 8th. They're going to finish between 12th and 14th.

Yes the league is more difficult thanks to the influx of money, but Everton get that money too genius. They've got one of the best goal scorers in the league and had one of the most organised defense setups in Europe. All the stupid mong had to do was keep the disciplined shape and organisation that Moyes had built and add some decent goal scoring talent, and he fucked it all up.
>>
RIP

You were always shit
>>
>>67527836

Agree with Kenwright until now. He's found a buyer and managed to make it so he stays on as Chairman and his right hand man gets promoted to the board even though he's been a dire CEO (one of the worst commercial performers not only in the premier league but the whole football league, QPR make more money than Everton do).

He needs to fuck off now. He cant keep up the "I'm just trying to help save the club" act and only sell to someone who'll let him stay on.
>>
>>67527877
There's an agreement in place for moshiri to take his shares soon. BK said this when he came in, it was just a temporary thing.
>>
>>67527749

tl;dr

>Managers should ADHD change the system every time we lose, just like Timmy Sherwood. Its just stubborn not to!
>Our strikers had a cold streak. Sack the manager!
>Managers shouldn't say positive things. Who cares about the players morale?
>Martinez is trying to groom a young, inexperienced player into a good centre half after inheriting an old defence. We conceded a few more goals. What an idiot!
>>
>>67527913

All you did was read reasonable, moderate points and then take them all to ridiculous extremes.

Welcome to 12 year old arguing.
>>
>>67527821

I agree in part, he did know his spin, but I *think* he genuinely bought in to lots of aspects of the club, but ultimately it was a clash of ideals between how Martinez wanted football to be played, and how desperate Evertonians want sucess.

I'm 30 years old, the only silverware I remember is FA Cup in 95 and the charity shield shortly after. I want to see us win something.

His interview with Carragher said a lot about him as a man and his philosophies (well worth reading if you haven't)

>>67527836

With regard to the youngsters, my comment was too long and ran out of space. I think the atmosphere would have been very different after the semi final if the kids got a game, it would have injected a bit more energy to the performances and probably got some of the crowd back on his side.

It is a shame, but a slow and steady decline over two and a bit years needed to be addressed.
>>
All memes aside, if they play like they did at Sunderland in the next season they're getting relegated.
>>
>>67527913

Asking for some tactical flexibility and not setting up in the same formation with the same personnel every week when it hasn't worked well at all is not asking for ADHD changing of the system after every defeat. He's used the same formation for three years. It clearly doesn't work.

We only have one striker because his recruitment hasn't allowed him to have a cold streak. His support is Kone, who is dogshit, and Niasse - a 14 million donkey who has played half an hour in five months.

Managers don't have to slate their players, but don't be deluded and say it was a phenomenal gritty performance full of determination when it was actually a 2-0 defeat of passing the ball around your own back four.

It doesn't take three years to 'groom a young player' into not making the same basic errors week in week out.

2/10 post should not have replied.
>>
>>67527913

I get it, you're acting like a silly billy as you have nothing else to do, but as a glutton for punishment I will address your points.

>Managers should ADHD change the system every time we lose, just like Timmy Sherwood. Its just stubborn not to!

Not what I asked for. The whole of last season and this Everton have lacked width. Have some pretty decent wingers on the bench, but instead Cleverly/Gibson/Osman/Kone gets played out wide. Defensively, all over the place. It is good and proper to have a philosphy, but there needs to be flexability within that. If I remember rightly it was Stoke at home last season around christmas time who found Everton out and teams have done so ever since.

>Our strikers had a cold streak. Sack the manager!

His whole philosphy was built on attacking football, and for the past 5 months he has not delivered. Everton have won ONE game in the last 10, and that was home to Bournemouth who are already on their holidays.

>Managers shouldn't say positive things. Who cares about the players morale?

"You cannot be happy with not winning football games. I'm pleased with the effort and the intent of the players."

He actually said he was pleased with the effort last night.

>Martinez is trying to groom a young, inexperienced player into a good centre half after inheriting an old defence. We conceded a few more goals. What an idiot!

The defence shouldn't have gone to shite like it has. Stones has regressed.

The squad don't practice defending corners and free kicks in training. (Osman confirmed this in an interview a little while back and I think Gary Monk also said Martinez would never do them with Swansea) so Everton end up conceding shit loads of headed goals/corners/free kicks and crosses. Can't do the simple things right.

Anyway, I am sad that it is the end, as I wanted him to bring success, but hopefully the right appointment can be made.
>>
this thread was pretty informative 2bh
>>
>>67527856

>Everton's wage bill should have them 7th or 8th. They're going to finish between 12th and 14th.

kek. You have no understanding of the economics of the Premier league.

Yes, Everton have a higher wage bill, but the difference is much smaller nowadays, so much so that is not negligible over a 38 game season. That budget difference would only show a long range difference in performance over, say, 5 years.

Realistically the chances of 2 or 3 of the 13 teams just behind Everton having a hot streak is high. Consistently finishing top 8 in the new financial climate would be almost impossible. Everton can expect to have a higher average position than Stoke, Southampton and Swansea over a 5 year period, but to finish above EACH one of them EVERY season with a slightly higher wage bill is UNREALISTIC.

Martinez has been competent but not spectacular. Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland with similar or greater resources than Everton have been unable to produce competent results. Personally I would not bin a competent manager in hope of better when many other managers have failed to produce competent results in a very difficult league.
>>
I dread to think where Everton would be without Lukaku's goals this season.

Who do you want to replace Martinez? Who do you think Everton will end up with?
>>
File: size-s.jpg (50 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
size-s.jpg
50 KB, 900x900
>>67527982
>>67528077

>I am an intelligent, educated football fan. I know about the tactical complexities of football to evaluate and comment on a manager's tactical decisions. I'm also objective enough to do it without falling prey to common cognitive distortions like the hindsight bias, outcome bias and the availability effect.
>>
Fiver hitting the nail on the head

...M is nothing if not a fine talker. The Fiver could listen for hours to him talking about his devotion to attacking football so audacious and sophisticated that after 37 matches Everton have racked up a goal difference of +1. But The Fiver can tune out any time it wants, whereas Everton fans have had to listen to it for years and there came a point – actually, several – when the discrepancy between the words tumbling out of M’s mouth and the evidence on the pitch was too much for even the drunkest fans to bear. Plucking the positives from being outscored at home by Tony Pulis’s West Brom, for instance, is flat-out trolling.

All in all, it seems best for everyone concerned that M has now been freed to concentrate on other interests, ones that do not demand coordinating the movements of John Stones and Phil Jagielka, which, sadly, rules out a Jason Derulo tribute act. As M ponders the next step in his career, Everton are keen to get in a replacement. As if by coincidence, Frank de Boer has resigned as Ajax manager. “What I will do I don’t know yet,” said the man who guided the Amsterdammers to four Dutch titles in six years and respectable showings in Europe. “I began to realise more that it was time for something else,” whooped De Boer, already displaying uncanny alignment with Everton’s wavelength.
>>
Official.

@Everton
Everton Football Club regrets to announce that Roberto Martinez has left his position as First Team Manager with immediate effect.
>>
16 seconds ago
Roberto Martinez won 21 Premier League games in his 1st season in charge at Everton

He won 22 in his next two seasons combined.
>>
File: BasedMartinez.png (34 KB, 818x508) Image search: [Google]
BasedMartinez.png
34 KB, 818x508
This is the league table in the period of time Martinez has been managing Everton.

Only one team with a smaller budget, Southampton, has outperformed Everton .

Conversely, Everton have outperformed no less than four teams with a similar or bigger budget: West Ham, Sunderland, Newcastle and Aston Villa.

Martinez did this despite having several long cup runs including a long Europa campaign, something none of those other 5 teams had to deal with

Roberto Martinez did an amazing job at Everton. Prove me wrong, faggots
>>
>>67528284

what does the table look like for the last two years mate?
>>
>>67528284
Martinez had a great first season, nobody is denying that.
>>
>>67528284
It's because of the season. Results were bad but the performances were even worse.

Pretty sure he spent more than Sunderland and Villa. Maybe more than West ham/Newcastle.
>>
>>67528284
>Prove me wrong
he was fired. if he was amazing, he'd still be employed. checkm9
>>
>>67528345

75 games, half coinciding with a Europa campaign, is too small a sample to draw reasonable conclusions.
>>
File: statement.jpg-large.jpg (108 KB, 972x556) Image search: [Google]
statement.jpg-large.jpg
108 KB, 972x556
club statement, I don't disagree with it, shame two years of substandard performances have clouded some of the positives

>>67528418

no it isn't

I don't know if you have watched everton for the past two years but they are getting worse. Some of the recent performances (last 30min of the semi final excluded) have been as bad as I've seen in watching them for 25 years.

The club had to sack him and make a change.
>>
>>67528284
>prove me wrong

The last two seasons?
>>
Sky Sports News HQ @SkySportsNewsHQ 1m1 minute ago
BREAKING NEWS: Ronald de Boer tells #SSNHQ his brother Frank is interested in Everton vacancy

Fucking hell, his seat is still warm.
>>
>>67527959
>>
File: 1399825375096.jpg (195 KB, 446x434) Image search: [Google]
1399825375096.jpg
195 KB, 446x434
>Ladies and gentleman, introducing your new manager of Everton Football Club
>>
would be delighted if we could tie down Mou in the coming days
>>
>>67528601

He did even worse than Roberto did this season, and with a title winning team, spending huge sums of money.

Why people want to sack managers and replace them with even worse just because they're a big name always confuses me.
>>
Not an attractive job really.

Very high expectations, very little resources compared to rivals.

Why bother taking the job if you're a manager?
>>
>>67528623
I don't think there's that much expectation to be honest. Challenge for Europa league is about it. I don't think people realise how bad Martinez was - we were in the relegation zone with 5 games to go last season.
>>
>>67528535

>A choker is interested in newly-opened Everton vacancy

Well, how appropriate.
>>
>>67528786
Literally every time a manager is fired in the PL you have these apologists going BUT MUH EXPECTATIONS WAS TOO HIGH HE WAS FINE. Same will happen to Van Laal. Pretty sure it happened to Moyes
>>
>>67528848

Nah Van Gaal plays utter tripe football and has had more than enough to spend. Moyes did get the whole 'he wasn't backed enough, its not his fault United fucked up on the transfers' regardless of the fact he was absolutely braindead tactically
>>
>>67525498
Please come coach our NT
Please
>>
File: rzGVMjQ[1].png (71 KB, 1818x1051) Image search: [Google]
rzGVMjQ[1].png
71 KB, 1818x1051
I went to go look it up and the bbc website is all fucked up
>>
A question for Everton fans: hypothetically, if Jose Mourinho had managed where do you think you would have finishes this season.
>>
It is perfectly normal that Everton have decided to sack him.

But I'm kinda curious. Has the Everton mindset changed drastically in 4 years or what? WIll the new manager get the kind of patience that Moyes got or has this changed for good?

Again, sacking Martinez is the right thing to do, but where were those angry fans during the Moyes era?
>>
>>67529075

I think there is scope for lots of patience. I don't believe there are any other clubs who would have put up with two years of results being well below expectations. Everton have only one win in their last 10 games. Martinez has had plenty of time to get things right, but things were looking worse game to game.

There seemed like very little desire by the players over the past few months. Perhaps Martinez lost the dressing room (Pienaar tweeting and Joel's instagram indicates it, plus Barry's and Baines' comments earlier in the season).

At the very least Evertonians demand commitment from the playing staff, and we have not had that. Can blame the players, but ultimately it is the manager's responsibility.

If the new man comes in, and there is a bit more graft and a top half finish or push for Europe then that would be fine - just need to see progression whereas have only seen decline over the past 24 months.
>>
>>67529075

They're angry because they patiently waited for 11 years for a manager to slowly but surely take their team from 17th to the cusp of the Champions League. All they were missing was more potency up front. The team was rock solid but Jelavic was its main striker and he was shit.

All they needed was a decent forward and they'd have probably pushed into the Champions League places.

That's why Martinez had such a good first season. He had Moyes foundation and brought Lukaku in and sold Jelavic to Hull.

Unfortunately in his next two seasons he dismantled everything Moyes had built.

Fans were patient for 11 years. Very few other fanbases would put up with that.

In the space of two seasons he's undone 11 years of work. Last season was Everton's lowest finish in 9 years. This year will be their worst ever home record. He's taken a team that was beaten at home once in 12 months to a team that gets beaten at home routinely by shit teams. Goodison has gone from a fortress to a joke.

That's why the anger is there. People dont want instant success at Everton. They're happy to wait, but if things start going backwards you'll get some serious rage.
>>
I agree with all the criticism against Martinez.

But Moyes wasn't building shit. He just made Everton "tough to beat". His record in the cups was very poor and in his third season he nearly got Everton relegated.
>>
>>67529488

I agree

Everton needed someone to take over from Moyes and run with it, which the first season, Martinez managed to do

However now, after two disappointing years, it feels like Everton are back several years, not even hard to beat any more.
>>
Wenger out!
>>
>>67529756
Whoops, wrong thread
>>
>>67529027
They really like sport
>>
Thank fucking god
>>
Hopefully we don't go for another alcoholic jock and spend more money on players who were shit at man united
>>
>>67527299
Half those players have been there for 3 seasons now. The team is regressing badly and in freefall, despite having a core of young and fairly aged players who could only be getting better. Baines gets assists, so what he's a defender, and if he's ot defending well enough, same for Jagielka and Barry who are both way past it, also as evident from having one of the worst defenses in Europe, then thinges need to change.
>>
>>67527521
Now this is shitposting.

Kopp inherited a team he didn't build, barely did worse than rodgers in the league, despite having far worse equipment, ie permaded Sturbridge and no suarez, with fucking benteke up front. Despite this the team have a bright future, he has a clue what he's doing unlike rodgers, and he's made teo, yes two, cup finals one with a chance of putting them in the Champions league.

That's all before you even begin to consider that he's not shoulder deep in his own asshole like Brendan.
>>
>>67528416
Pardew got fired as well
>>
>>67532467
People weren't sure who to blame with Pardew, but he asked to talk to Palace, and the board just let him leave to save face. Turns out he wasn't the problem anyway.
>>
>>67532598
Well he had the same arc. Great beginning, shit end.
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.