[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JUST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: cubs.png (24 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cubs.png
24 KB, 800x800
JUST
>>
File: 1458607864940.png (788 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458607864940.png
788 KB, 1280x720
>>67522437
>25-6
>it's our year lad
>"hey look we play the padres next, we're totally sweeping them."
>loses 2 games in the same day against the padres
Top kek
>>
OTTOMAN
>>
>leading the division by 7 games

I see no reason to panic.
>>
>>67522720
>dropping 2 straight games to a team that hasn't made the playoffs in most of their fans' lifetimes

the damage control is real
>>
>>67522783
>162 games in a season

2 losses in a row is gonna happen sometimes, even against shitty teams. This isn't college football or something where upsets are rare; it's fucking baseball.
>>
It's over. The collapse is here. Delusional Cucks shitters.
>>
25-137 is still pretty good for the cubbies
>>
>>67522870
Whites sux fan much?
>>
>>67523749
Excuse me but dont drag White Sox fans into this. Most of us are watching anime right now.
>>
Shortly after the Cubs won their last World Series, one brave man immigrated to New York City in hopes of finding a better life for himself and his newly-wedded wife. Years go by and he now owns a delicatessen that is doing quite well. His wife has had three children, two boys and a girl. The business is thriving until The Great Depression strikes causing the man to lose everything...except for his family. But shortly after, his eldest son decides it's time to move on and start a life of his own. He and a few friends decided to make the giant move from NYC out to the freshly thriving city of Chicago. Nosing his way through potential college campuses, it's there he briefly meets the love of his life and future wife, but neither know it at the time. Years later, they meet again and the relationship begins. They try and try and try for children, but to no avail. Crushed and heartbroken, their relationship suffers and on the verge of collapse until the unthinkable happens: she finally gets pregnant. Their little miracle baby, Stevie, born in 1977. He grows up one of the biggest Cubs fan in Chicago. Each year, renewed hope and optimism that this could be the year they finally break the Curse of the Billy Goat. 26 years go by and still no title. But Stevie finally scored his first tickets to a Cubs postseason game: Game 6 of the NLCS against the Florida Marlins! He was having the time of his life! The Cubs were up 3-0 in the 8th, with one out already. Only five more to go until the World Series! The next batter up hits a high fly ball that's drifting foul straight towards him! All the other fans sitting around him in his area start reaching out trying to catch the ball, and instinctively, so does Steve....
>>
>>67522437
Meh, just an off day.
>>
>>67524351
Neat story, what happens next?
>>
>>67522437
Dads fan here. Sorry Cubbies, fans. Didn't mean for my Dads to upset you like that. It's really not supposed to happen.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.