[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me one good reason why the 'Skins should change theyre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9
File: image.png (84 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.png
84 KB, 512x512
Give me one good reason why the 'Skins should change theyre name. Pro Tip: You can't.
>>
it's literally a slur word for the native people of the land you dumb cuck
>>
i agree, they shouldn't. sjw rage is the only redeeming feature of that shit sucking team and their faggot owner.

unrelated, just curious >>67522222
>>
>>67522299
>theyre
>>
Honestly they shouldn't. The name originated as a homage to their old coach. It is a term of respect, not derogatory.

If they do get forced to change their name, it should set a precedent across the country. All teams should change their names.

i.e. The Fighting Irish? Derogatory and stereotyping Irish people. I'm not Irish but I'll say I'm offended!
>>
>>67522402
>implying there's any actual redskins left
Most are just drunkards stuck on remote impoverished reservations anyway.
>inb4 b-but I'm 1/64 Ch-cherokee
>>
because we dont live in a racist shithole
>>
The only two actual racist teams in sports are the Cleveland Indians symbol and the Redskins name.

That's as close to shit skin as you can say in public. It's pretty bad. Just pick whatever warrior tribe is near DC, change your name to that, and keep everything else. Problem solved.
>>
>>67522699
bullshit. Redskin has never been used as a derogatory term. Blackskin isn't offensive. Neither is whiteskin.
>>
it's dumb
>>
>>67522801
That's what you think smoothskin
>>
>>67522299
They changed the bullets to the wizards. Get ready for the Washington Wands, bruh
>>
>ywn never see Chiefs vs Redskins headlining superbowl as a real American standoff
>>
>>67522873
it will be the Washington Warriors if it ever changes, which it wont because the irony is that if anyone criticizes the jew Snyder for keeping the name he replies with "muh holocaust!" to quash dissent
>>
>>67522801
try calling a black person blackskin
>>
>>67522299
Because there is nothing derogatory about the image or naming your own team after a indian warrior. IE it's a complement.
>>
>>67522801
>Redskin
"noun, Older Slang: Disparaging and Offensive."

This isn't rocket science. Pick a name that doesn't literally identify a severely mistreated civilization by the difference in their skin from pale white skin. Also a team seated in the capital of the USA.
>>
>>67524015
OR they can keep the name, and the people who actually contribute to the franchises' success can continue to not give a shit.
>>
>>67524012
Braves = warriors

Redskins = Red Skins.

?????????
>>
>>67524015
it can even be native American themed

>Tribe
>Indians
>Spirit Warriors

it's not as racist as Coon or Spic but it's stupid for the Redskins to prolong this PR battle
>>
>>67523785
People think the average negro is so much more aggressive than they actually are. Most blacks are lazy and passive. They get jokes.
>>
>>67524076
So why did they name their own team the Redskins then you retard? Was it to massively insult indians? No it's because they were good fighters. That's what you do when you pick a team name.
>>
>>67524077
Until evidence comes out that the Redskins are losing money/fans because of their name, there is 0 incentive for them to change it. It's the opposite in fact.
>>
>>67524077
>Indians
Lol that would hardly solve a thing
>>
If it's so offensive they can just call themselves the "Washington Football Team" and keep the logo the way it is imo.
>>
>>67524153
I kind of like the idea of just being referred to as "Washington" if shit gets so bad they have to change the name. Shit like the Braves and Warriors is mad gay.
>>
the Washington FedExs
>>
>>67524153
That's essentially the de facto team name in the media
>>
Can't wait for you white fucks to be the minority
>>
>>67522299
>people do not get how this is offensive

of course you wouldn't want them to change because native americans are largely shat upon and forgotten about in our country. They lead such depressing lives and their entire culture has been stripped of them. To boot, an entire NFL franchise dons an image of what is essentially a blackface cartoon and a team name that is racial slur.

It is literally like putting an old blackface cartoon as the new york giants and calling them the New York Niggers.

How the FUCK do you people not understand this?
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 1280x720
Why would they name a sports team after a derogatory term? If anything the team is honouring the Indians.
>>
>>67524140
bro Indians and Redskins are vastly different in terms of being pejoratives

it's like the difference between a team being called Mick Bastards and Fighting Irish
>>
>>67522299

Brownskins would suit better desu, redskins are brits on vacation
>>
File: anti catholic bigotry.png (335 KB, 415x390) Image search: [Google]
anti catholic bigotry.png
335 KB, 415x390
>>67522512
why does the mlb allow this hatred
>>
>>67522699
The indians logo is not racist is is just cartoony like the O's logo
>>67522699
>change 80 years of history just for muh feels
>>
>>67524077
>spirit warriors
indians sure do struggle with spirits all right
>>
>>67524116
The edmonton eskimos are racist you fucking leaf
>>
>>67524237
The current fucking logo was designed by a native american tribe who thought the Skins weren't representing them enough as is. There are DOZENS of native american schools that use Redskin as their school's team name.
>>
>>67524183
only in cuck ESPN MSNBC circles
95% of the people on the street still call them the skins and I cringe when I hear washington football club
>>
File: FightingWhites.png (103 KB, 400x269) Image search: [Google]
FightingWhites.png
103 KB, 400x269
>>67524232
Redskins need to stop being welfare rez niggers and handle the bantz
>>
>>67524335
Did you not read the post
>>
>>67524015
Look up the first documented usage of the term redskin. It had to do with fear, and warpaint, not skin color. You are just reading what you want to read because you are one of the fucking white guilters.
>>
>>67524355
Most Fox sports broadcasters still call them the skins and the ABC football people too.

Why do a bunch of preppy SJWs with journalism degree have to be offended for people they live nowhere near and dont really give a shit about
>>
There are more ilpoetant things that deserve our attention tbqhwy. Keep the name
>>
>>67524304
Nice b8 ameriturd.
>>
>>67524677
not paid I hope truedoe makes that culturally appropriating bullshit illegal
>>
>>67524232
>their entire culture has been stripped

Fucking who gives a shit. People that define themselves by where their ancestors came from are assholes.No one gives a shit your great-great grandfather was some wop, or mic, or wetback, or anything else. You're American now, and you have been for generations. Fucking deal with it.
>>
File: bill.jpg (229 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
bill.jpg
229 KB, 600x700
>>67524295
>>
Washington Filibusters
>>
>>67522299
"Redskin" is a term that means "killed target/bounty", so their team name is about as threatening as being called the DC Victims.
>>
WASHINGTON WARRIORS.

KEEP YOUR STUPID INDIAN LOOK AND DON'T OFFEND ANYBODY EVEN IF THEY ARE JUST SMELLY INDIANS CUS APPARENTLY WE CARE ABOUT THEIR FEELINGS NOW
>>
>>67522546
But that's not true though.
Alcoholism is not more common in native communities, that's a common misconception. And reservations are relatively poorer in part because of U.S. federal policies.
>>
File: Cleveland_Indians_logo.svg.png (124 KB, 791x1024) Image search: [Google]
Cleveland_Indians_logo.svg.png
124 KB, 791x1024
>>67522299
They shouldn't, this shit on the other hand looks pretty racist to me.
>>
the name "redskin" was coined by actual native americans

http://anthropology.si.edu/goddard/redskin.pdf

it was simply a color modifier when refering to other groups

> i am a red skin. that man over there is a white skin. that slave over there is a brown/black skin. that man over there has tan skin or is yellow or orange skin

that's all it ever was. then racists flipped it later, but just because racists change something doesn't mean the original origins of the word was racists
>>
>>67524237
t. Yids supporter
>>
File: soft seven.jpg (5 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
soft seven.jpg
5 KB, 200x150
>>67528509
Better than the Columbus Africans.
>>
There's a difference between calling somebody a cultural name and calling somebody a slur. If I have two teams, one called the New York Zulu Warriors, and the other called the New York Niggers, I'm pretty sure there'd be a lot more controversy around one than the other.
>>
The Seminoles and other college teams usually do it right. They have some ties to the actual fucking tribes or something.

The Indians and Redskins are just flagrant, if we're being honest. Thats why they're getting the shit.
>>
>>67529003

it's Africentric Nubians you mud blood

and why are a conquered people so butt hurt over a mascot. they should be thankful that they were given land to try and continue their lives on instead of being completely eradicated
>>
File: redhawks.jpg (44 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
redhawks.jpg
44 KB, 600x402
>>
>>67529338
Conquered is a bad word. Systematically assfucked by European ideology so fucking crazy they couldn't even conceptualize what was happening. In addition to losing tons of population to disease.
>>
>>67529246
new york niggers has a nice ring to it, rolls off the tongue. what would you name the niggers after? a basketball team?
>>
it will be the Washington Carvers

you heard it here first
>>
>>67522299
Redskin actually refers to the color of the scalp according to some. It's pretty disrespectful, and we already treat native americans bad in the US
>>
>>67529338
>genocide is ok
You are a great benefit to society.
>>
>>67530068
if oppressing primitive peoples is not your thing then maybe you should move to canada.
>>
changing the name would be a pretty empty gesture though. We North Americans have been sticking it to the aboriginals for as long as we've been here and continue to do so. Why change the name of a pro sports team before any other serious considerations are made for them? As far the as the "native american problem" goes, the Washington Redskins name should be waaaaaaaaay down the priority list (assuming you want to do anything about it at all. I'm not aboriginal so I don't care desu)
>>
>>67530095
If you give them a jug of listerine they fuck off for a bit.
>>
They shouldn't. Youtube gives me money to whine and bitch about it.
>>
>>67522299
Because I'm a cuck and a white male Democrat voter
>>
>>67522299
They really should, not because of the liberals getting triggered to offend natives, but because it offends me that our nation's capital has such a shit-tier name.

I mean wtf is up with all of Washington's team names? the Wizards, Nationals, and Capitals? Really, thats the best they can come up with? Shit it should be something patriotic, I mean look at the Patriots or Eagles. Washington should be competing with Dallas for the whole "America's Team" thing. Change it because its a shit name for our Capital, not because it offends anyone
>>
>>67522299
>theyre
If you're going to be arrogant at least fucking type properly.

The reason they should change the name/logo/ colors is simple, and has nothing to do with sjw's or Indian feelings: money. It's been proven over the past 20 to 30 years that when a team changes their logo and colors, they experience a boost in sales of merch and has almost always been followed by increased team success. In the NFL, teams over the past few decades that have changed their colors and/or logo have all went to the playoffs within the next 3 years.

See:
Eagles
Bucs
Patriots
Titans
Ravens
Also happened to the Carolina and Jax expansion teams
I can't remember about Houston and didn't happen to Cleveland but they also didn't change their colors, logo or name. Also, it's Cleveland.

The 'skins have one of the ugliest color schemes in all of American pro sports. If they change their color scheme to something more appealing, along with the logo and name, they will get a boost in sales not only from fans buying the new gear but from non sports people who just like the colors. How many people have you seen wearing sharks or hornets gear that have never even watched a hokey or basketball game? Maybe that was more relevant in the 90s but the point is the same. Changing the name, colors and logo would only be a benefit. It's costing that fat fuck money and bad press to keep things as they are.
>>
>>67523205
That would never happen anyway. The redskins are so bad they might not make the Superbowl again in our lifetime, regardless of name change
>>
>>67522299
because then people will shut up about it.
>>
>>67529338
>Why is this girl so sad about getting raped? She should just be happy that she wasn't also beaten.
>>
File: notre_dame_man.jpg (39 KB, 320x291) Image search: [Google]
notre_dame_man.jpg
39 KB, 320x291
>>67524352
>Fighting whities
There already is one
>>
>>67524352
It's not banter is non-whites are literally getting murdered by the majority.

>lol racism doesn't affect me so it doesn't exist
>>
only name change i would support would be the NIGGERS
>>
>>67535637
>It's not banter is non-whites are literally getting murdered by the majority.
Progressive 101: If you can not make a point start spitting out words.
>>
>>67522402
Well they shouldn't have been so vulnerable to the white man's diseases. Now they have to deal with our slurs, that's how it works.
>>
>>67522402
>it's literally a slur word for the native people of the land you dumb cuck
It's not.
>>
>>67524232
>To boot, an entire NFL franchise dons an image of what is essentially a blackface cartoon and a team name that is racial slur.
It's racist in more than one way that you think those two things are equal.
>>
>>67529371
too close to Seahawks
>>
>>67524222
Lol you must be kidding thinking all Redskins fans are white. A majority of them are Black and Latinos from the DMV.
>>
I really love this thread where I get to hear all the middle class white teenagers on /sp/ who hate minorities and women talk about why Native Americans don't have the right to feel offended at this team name
>>
>>67543837
>Native Americans

That's pretty fucking racist man,
>>
>>67522546
>>67543306
>>67543306
As a Native American I don't really face a lot of racism like I'd imagine blacks or hispanics do. But wow people really are this retarded
>>
>>67543837
i really love this post where some troll tries to be contrarian and pretend he's an enlightened social justice warrior on 4chan to get (you)s
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.