[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did this shit become so irrelevant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: nba.jpg (24 KB, 608x262) Image search: [Google]
nba.jpg
24 KB, 608x262
How did this shit become so irrelevant?
>>
>>67509105
Literally giving awards out to make LeBron seem like he has competition.

Cheapens the product and obfuscates it with "storylines" which are usually fine, but this time it comes from the league itself. Corny.
>>
the day they allowed three pointers
>>
File: 1462945576998.png (15 KB, 477x539) Image search: [Google]
1462945576998.png
15 KB, 477x539
basketball is meant to be played outside. no shot clock or game clock. playing first to xx points wins. no pussy fouls. on the fly subs, no time outs. all fast paced razzle dazzle no wannabe hack a retard strategy or anything like that. real streetball. nba is for wimps. we need to popularize real basketball besides baseball is boring as fuck there's no other sport to watch in spring - summer. imagine if streetball was as popular as nba that would be dope as hell
>>
>>67509105
>How did this shit become so irrelevant?
After Michael Jordan, the NBA became a thug sport, and it hasn't recovered all that much since then.
>>
Nba is as popular as ever if not more
>>
>>67512786
>after Jordan
Nigga got his dad killed from his gambling. True thug.
>>
>>67512846
irrelevant (like cuck,literally and meme) is a meaningless word now.
>>
>>67509105
Everyone plays so well it's boring, college ball is way better
>>
It's more popular now than in the Jordan era you memer

Curry is the only American athlete known in the whole world
>>
>>67513026

Lebron? Lance Armstrong?
>>
>>67513077
Lebron is just a very good player, you only know him if you are into basketball. Curry is known for changing the sport

>Armstrong
The astronaut or the trumpeter?
>>
>>67512846
By irrelevant I meam no one gives a rats ass about it, which is very true. The fans don't even care. Go to a NBA game and 75% is people not rven watching it and on their phones. Like loom at the NFL, FIFA, etc. People care about the teams and players, no one cares in the NBA. If your team loses, oh whatever, time to go jack off.
>>
>>67513120
Same with MLB and NHL. Hard to give a shit about regular season games when there's another 80+ to go.
>>
>>67509105
They tightened up the contact rules too much and nobody can go to the basket and finish anymore.

People dont like watching free throws every time there's incidental contact in a sport like basketball. They need to start letting players goon it up a bit again.
>>
>>67513153
Yeah, but NBA is irrelevant all year long is the thing. Playoffs or season, no one cares what happens. MLB and NHL playoffs have people caring. Jeez in CALIFORNIA, we were getting shown NHL coverage when the Kings made their run during the NBA playoffs. IN CALI FUCKING FORNIA. As a NBA fan, I just couldn't bear being an actual fan anymore since it was just so boring.
>>
File: dropped.jpg (43 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dropped.jpg
43 KB, 1280x720
Kobr retired.

Mic dropped. Fuck the NBA
>>
>>67512846
I doubt that.

Hockey has higher attendance than basketball games
>>
no one raps about any other sport other than the NBA
>>
>>67509105
I haven't watched a single minute of the playoffs. There are no intriguing teams besides the Warriors. Nothing but mediocrity.
>>
File: ButMuh3s.jpg (15 KB, 340x226) Image search: [Google]
ButMuh3s.jpg
15 KB, 340x226
>>
>>67509619
pussy fouls and the stupid number of timeouts needs to be addressed. Seriously. It's not even entertaining for spectators, it's just frustrating.
>>
>>67513120
>Go to a NBA game and 75% is people not rven watching it and on their phones.
they're all on /sp/
>>
>>67509105
The refs proving every night how shady this whole organization is;
>>
>>67513114
>Just a very good player

He's been touted as the greatest player on the planet. Curry just shoots threes, and overall has less points than LBJ in the last 7 years.
>>
>>67509136

Cringe.
>>
>>67520717
TV ratings for basketball are way bigger. In the US anyway, not Canada.
>>
>>67509105
I like NBA but there's questionable reffing. It's bad in all sports but basketball is the worst.
>>
the superteam era is killing the game.
the max player salary must be removed so that superstars can earn what they deserve and so that stars cannot leave their crappy teams to go to better teams that have more stars.
>>
by marketing the entire league around 10 players and if your team doesn't have one of them no one watches the games

I blame Kobe Bryant and AI, that's when I started noticing this happening. When AI left Philly and no one watched the 6ers anymore. It was very strange.

Space Jam 2 is not going to help tbqh
>>
Where do you live where it's not popular? When the playoffs start that's all anybody talks about
>>
>>67520755
Except that's not true
Anyway, if the NBA weren't so blatantly rigged and the teams were allowed to actually play, I think it would make basketball more interesting. Even as far as rigging the lottery to allocate the young talent.
Does anyone really actually believe that the 76ers or the bucks or even the pelicans or the bobcats will ever win a championship with their current teams?

The NBA does that shit on purpose.
Its been proven to be rigged every year. There's no fucking reason to watch it
>>
>>67513404
It's been #1 in ratings every day since the playoffs started and takes up all the trending topics on Twitter. How is it irrelevant?
>>
>>67513404
Why are hockey fans like you so fucking insecure about the NBA?

Is it racism? Is it jealousy?
>>
>>67509619
The NHL has like 5 outdoor games a year how many outdoor games does the NBA have?
>>
>>67513120
because it seemed deadset that the warriors were going to repeat again this year.

It seemed preordained that the Cavs would rape the east again
>>
>>67521599
this desu Salary caps are a kike ploy to keep labor costs down.

>muh small market teams
are still owned by fucking billionaires
>>
File: temp1.jpg (121 KB, 989x587) Image search: [Google]
temp1.jpg
121 KB, 989x587
>>67521766
because your nation has no teams in the NHL playoffs
>>67521940
lots of hockey fans are triggered than any kid with a call and a hoop can play hoops rather than being a trust fund baby who has expensive ass gear and hockey moms who drive him to the rink every day at 5 AM. They hate that basketball is more accessible
>>
>>67522062
Nah it's been like that since 2012 and the years Vince Carter was here tok
>>
Black people still care. The Pistons even have a healthy following here. It's generally the only sport a lot of young black males even pay attention to. By extention, the current youth generation loves basketball because it's hip and cool and black, and they emulate blacktwitter culture.

I personally don't give a shit, only sport I don't watch. Yet it's shoved down my throat through commercials and memey social media shit on the big stars. Makes me even less inclined to get into it.
>>
>>67513120
I go to a King's game every year and I can tell you King's fans are the opposite. These guys love their team. Not just the young people too, I see a lot of older people that are really into it.
>>
>>67521599
Super teams fail 90% of the time. If you wanna win in the NBA you need a well coached team with a deep bench.
>>
>>67522632

>Last 5 years have been won by superteams with their own "Big 3"
>>
File: 18j4oeesff7lxjpg.jpg (47 KB, 367x336) Image search: [Google]
18j4oeesff7lxjpg.jpg
47 KB, 367x336
>>67509105

They blatantly fix games so it undermines the legitimacy of outcomes

Changed the rules so much that they greatly diminished the physicality of the game

They manufacture superstars instead of letting them develop organically
>>
>>67522583
If Sac had a football team people would care about that more
>>
>>67509105
CHALKWINSLOL
>>
>>67523003

This, I fucking hate tripfags, but Zangief is right

Even as a Warrior fan, I can admit that this seems like a story or an agenda that the NBA is pushing. I don't like it, it doesn't feel like our Believe team...it feels manufactured and fake.

Curry's arrogance is the most I've ever seen of any star. What's weird is that the media refuses to call him out on it.

I want to win...but not like this.
>>
>>67523553
Miss Monta Ellis that much?
>>
>>67509619
ya and the court should be fenced off with like two rows of bleachers inside and no tickets sold or any of that shit you get there first you get a seat otherwise you hang off the fence like that bitch nigga antwon lol fuck that nigga for real
>>
>>67521173

True
>>
4 periods of "I score, you score" last two minutes drag on for an eternity due to a barrage of meme fouls. at least half the games are decided by whoever has the ball last when the clock runs out. the rest are boring ass blowouts.

That and it's all rigged.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.