[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>rampant speculation about expansion There aren't even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Big_12.jpg (57 KB, 639x360) Image search: [Google]
Big_12.jpg
57 KB, 639x360
>rampant speculation about expansion

There aren't even any facts yet, and even then their choices the last time around were half-assed.

Which AAC teams will they turn into Power 5 programs, /sp/?
>>
File: bender laughs even harder.gif (957 KB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
bender laughs even harder.gif
957 KB, 288x198
>>67502689
>Big 12-4+2
>"Power 5"
>>
>>67502951
a bid is a bid
>Oklahoma
>>
I wish ND stopped cunting around and finally joined the B1G. There has to be a way how to bully them into joining.
>>
>>67502689
Cincinnati and UCF
>>
>>67502988
Notre Dame isn't eligible to join the Big Ten, my man. They belong in the ACC.

Big Ten focuses on AAU schools
>muh academicks
>>
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/15502359/documents-show-big-12-flirting-houston-memphis-ucf-colorado-state-expansion

fedex really wants memphis in the big 12
>>
>>67504823
Do you think any of those teams really stand a chance?
>>
>>67505244

who knows. Its all up in the air with the remaining g5 teams
>>
Baylor, Texas, TCU, and Texas Tech won't let Houston in. They don't want to create more competition in state for recruits. It will be two of Memphis, UCF, Cincinnati that get in if any.
>>
>>67506669
>>67506775
Think there's a chance they won't expand?
>>
I want the Big XII to explode. Should be more fun to watch than an expansion
Sorry Iowa State and West Viriginia bros.
>>
File: Mntneer Big 12.jpg (34 KB, 756x461) Image search: [Google]
Mntneer Big 12.jpg
34 KB, 756x461
I think the Big 12 should expand with BYU and CSU

I know all about BYU cant play on Sunday bullshit, but they need a major conference, and the Big 12 is a great fit.

Or, outside the box: I also like bringing in CSU and Wyoming. I know Wyoming is a small market, but man, bringing in CSU and Wyoming would be great
>>
>>67507523

a small one because the longhorns dont want to and they are currently trying to get the other texas school to back them up
>>
Why would anyone want to join the "let Texas mismanage your financial future" conference? Nebraska, Mizzou, a&m, and Colorado all left to literally every major conference that touches the big 12 and even Kansas tried to.
>>
>>67508507
but their financial future isn't being mismanaged. the big 12 makes a ton of money, and its member schools enjoy being members.

Colorado shouldn't have left, that move was retarded, and Mizzou should have gone to the Big 10, not the SEC, that was pretty retarded too.

I still don't like A&M and MIzzou in the SEC. The SEC should have taken UNC and UVA. better fit.
>>
>>67502988
i assume you are also voting for bernie so he can steal from rich people to make you feel better?
>>
>>67508655
>taxation is theft

trumpfags unironically believe this
go read a basic economics book
>>
>>67508219
What would Colorado State and Wyoming even add?

I see a lot more value in Cincinnati, UCF, and Memphis, over CSU and Wyoming
>>
>>67508454
I think Oklahoma denied it too. Texas and Oklahoma run the big 12
>>
>>67509859
they would add 2 teams to bring the big 12 a championship game.
they would add the Colorado and Wyoming television markets (I understand Wyoming television market is very small)
It brings a natural rivalry to the big 12

Cincinnati does not bring the Ohio television market. Ohio State owns Ohio
Memphis is a commuter school in a city that forgets the university is there
UCF is in Florida, but that's it. UF and FSU own Florida recruiting. No one wants to go to UCF.
>>
>>67510196
The Big 12 will legitimize any G5 team they take. Period. That would bring in much more money, more TV time, better recruiting outcomes, and of course better branding for the universities.

Ohio State owns Ohio, yes.. They will own a large portion of Ohio even if Cincy were to join but things won't be the same. There will be 2 P5 teams in Ohio and let's not forget what the Big 12 would add to Cincy. They won't be a power house but will certainly be able to compete with Ohio St in recruiting and television.

UCF is an interesting one because they're the second largest school in the nation and are in the middle of one of the most talented states in football. They're a young school but with lots of potential, especially rebranding under the new Oregon type offense coach. A Big 12 invite can give them many opportunities. High risk high reward with this one.

Memphis is backed by money. Many companies are throwing money but I don't see Memphis joining.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.