[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who will be remembered more fondly years to come? Curry or Lebron?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 6
Who will be remembered more fondly years to come? Curry or Lebron?
>>
>>67481626

>curry stays at Golden State forever and becomes known as the last franchise-lifer who broke every three-pointer record and brought four titles to Oakland

>Lebeta, 2-8, couldn't win without Dwayne Wade, tried to play GM from the court and failed
>>
I'll always remember Lebron (pbuh)
>>
Lebron of course

Curry's team didn't even miss him desu
>>
Lebron will be remembered like Peyton Manning. An ATG who under achieved. If he doesn't win one in Cleveland he will probably not be remembered as fondly, especially considering the fact that everyone in the united states except the greatest part of the country ( who else /southflorida/ here?) got butthurt when he left Cleveland.

Idk about Curry yet. Too soon to tell. In 3 4 years sell see.
>>
Curry.

He made the NBA almost watchable again.
>>
>30 years from now
>look at Lebron's career
>left Cleveland to go 2-2 in the Finals
>went back to Cleveland to go 0-2 in the finals

He'll be called a statpadding choker
>>
>>67481626
this isn't even a question. lebron is severely hated now, think of how bad it'll be after he's nothing but a wikipedia article. he'll be known as a shittier, dickhead version of wilt chamberlain
>>
>>67481693
Yooo, reppin Kendall. /southflorida/ is glorious, fuck lebron
>>
File: beautiful chink.jpg (92 KB, 662x657) Image search: [Google]
beautiful chink.jpg
92 KB, 662x657
>>67481626
fondly.
fgt
>>
>>67484236
LeBron is gonna make the finals every year until he retires.

Golden State will have to deal with the Lakers super team on the horizon.
>>
They'll both be remembered fondly. Sports is just one continuous story line with many characters
>>
You've been talking about lebron for two decades now so that answers your question you cuck
>>
Curry will go back to being irelevant when Lebron wins one for the land this year.
>>
In 20 years I'll remember it this way.

1. Curry
2. Jordan
3. Duncan
4. Lebron
5a. Shaq
6b. Kobe

Nobody has brought the game to its knees like Curry has. At least you could slug it out with Lebron and still beat his team's in the finals.
>>
They both will be. Its like saying, who's more memorable, Larry Bird or Magic Johnson? If you know who one is chances are you're going to know the other, its a pointless argument
>>
Lebron will be remembered as the best player that underachieved. Curry will be remembered as a great player that overachieved.

Basically a Peyton Brady situation for basketball.
>>
>>67485475
> overachieved

how? He had the weakest title run in fucking years.

in fact, i'm genuinely finding it hard to think of a weaker run in the past 20 years.
>>
>>67485529
>tf
>tp
>>
>>67485529
So you're saying he is doing exactly what everyone thought he'd be doing and everyone saw this coming?
>>
>>67485556
Post a weaker title run tbqh.
>>
>>67481626
Obviously Lebron. Look at how the media and public opinion of Kobe changed when he had his farewell season. Once Lebron is done personally butt-fucking the entire eastern conference people will begin to appreciate how good he really was.
>>
>>67485677
What do you even mean by that?

By his team or by him personally? He was amazing in the playoffs last year...
>>
>>67485677
Warriors
>>
File: PupBron.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
PupBron.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>67481626
I like Lebron's overall game and as for Curry he's just so fucking dominate when it comes to shooting but's he's the herald of the new incoming style of basketball the NBA is coming to which is reliant on 3s which is cool but damn it can get tiresome I know millennials and the young kids will remember Curry more fondly because
>wow look at that shooting, it's like my video games fuck the actual fundamentals of the game
>>
>>67485776
The quality of the teams they were facing.
>>
File: image_3.jpg (61 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image_3.jpg
61 KB, 640x640
>>67484268
>making the finals from the east
>a worthwhile accomplishment

Lebron will be remembered as a player who was gifted with everything but was too much of a dumb, shucking, jiving, subhuman cornball nigger who abuses refs willingness to call fouls in the regular season by traveling to the hoop and chucking up long twos instead of grinding out points in the low post. He will be seen as a stat padding faggot who was never mentally strong enough to take the final shot himself and instead got his two rings by being saved by one of his many hall of fame teammates and in going up against the worst side to make a finals, being given that ring on a silver platter by the most overrated nig james harden. He will be remembered as never being able to dominate a league and instead getting dominated by a geriatric spurs team led by the ancient Tim duncan. He will be remembered as shooting less than 70% from the free throw line in the finals. He will be remembered as, if he's lucky, the third best power forward ever
>>
>be a stupid inane idiot
>lebron's impact on the game is completely lost to me
>curry chucks a 3

MVVVVVP
V
V
V
V
V
P

GREATEST OF ALL TIME
>>
>>67486014
>LeBron's impact
>impact
>>
>>67485677
Lebron when he won against the thunder

>implying the east has ever been anything but a joke
>get handed the title from James "the cuck" harden

Go back to talking about something you know, like how to sip tea like a humongous faggot you inbred, buck toothed, island dwelling disgrace of a human

What kind of the name is Nigel, you fucking faggot
>>
>>67486080
The Thunder at full strength were a lot fucking better than the Cavs starring LeBron and Timofey Mozgov
>>
>>67486167
>Kevin "yo shut up" Durant
>Russell Westbrook in his early ultimate chucker days
>james "what's defense, I'm a huge faggot with a cum catcher attached to my chin and all I do is flop for fouls for a free throw line trip" harden
>good

Better than some shitty eastern team? Maybe, but not by much
>>
>>67481693

>North Cuba
>Glorious

God I want to ocean to take that entire state.
>>
>basketball
>slightly shove someone
>OMG FOUL OW FOUL OW PLZ REF

fucking pussies
>>
>>67486080
Niggerwhat? Thunder were favored.
>>
Curry is already more respected and beloved than LeBron has ever been in his career. LeBron's general ugliness, unlikability, and terrible ''game'' puts him at a tremendous disadvantage, he's basically Karl Malone 2.0 and nobody thinks back fondly on Karl Malone. This isn't even a question, people will be talking about Curry for decades, people routinely forget LeBron exists.
>>
>>67486419
Maybe casuals, but Curry has zero respect from his peers.
>>
>>67486419
Your theory is based on nothing at all since lebron is still incredibly relevant after more than a decade in the game
>>
>>67485529
>He had the weakest title run in fucking years.
How the fuck did you come to this conclusion, other than general ignorance and faggotry?
>>
Curry probably cause he'll have 5+ titles when he's done and LeBron will have 3 max.
>>
>>67486496
lol it's the exact opposite, only casuals like and respect James. Kill yourself faggot.

>>67486499
>incredibly relevant

Literally meaningless nonsense you're pulling out of your ass. Kill yourself with the above's gun when he's finished.
>>
>>67486549
>Implying NBA players like that oreo fuckboi
>>
>Curry remembered as another Reggie Miller and Ray Allen
>LeBron remembered as The GOAT
>>
Both
>>
>>67486563
Of course they do, his whole team loves him. Meanwhile, LeBron's teammates hate him and he makes players worse by being around him and having to play for him.
>>
>>67486502
Common sense.
>>
>>67486617
It amazes me how mad you get even when your favorite player is well loved by everyone. Jesus you're a cuck
>>
>>67486617
How does lebron make his teammates worse?
>>
>>67486355
Only by morons
>>
>>67486670
I'd suggest you get some.

>>67486686
Marshall Henderson is definitely not well loved by everyone. Enjoy your black cock obsession.

>>67486785
By being an ignorant franchise ruining diva trashbag. By bullying and alienating his peers and full-grown adults because of his undeserved influence and power within the Cavs, and to a lesser extent the Heat. Young players don't develop under him, they atrophy, and once skilled veterans and All-Stars become role players and second fiddles to his selfishness and media-created myth.
>>
>>67486962
Wew lad thats a sad life you have there

Enjoy your time on /sp/
>>
>>67487816
But it's the truth.
>>
File: image.jpg (928 KB, 3767x2825) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
928 KB, 3767x2825
>>67487816
What he said about LeBron is true though. It isn't hard to see that his ego is off the charts. He bought into the hype surrounding him. He played the victim after the Cavs lost last year and sulked like it was owed to him to win. Pride comes before the fall

>I'm the best player in the world
>>
>>67486962
This anon gets it

Leroids is hated by everyone except casuals and Leaveland Cuckalier fans.
>>
>>67487983
Look at what he wears. He's clearly a fucking tasteless idiot. He's just another hood rat with too much money, there's literally nothing special about this person and yet he's lauded and dicksucked by pathetic bootlickers and size queens who are impressed by big black...muscles.
>>
>>67481626
Curry. Like Kobe and Durant, LeBron was hyped up and we had no choice but to accept him as the next big thing. Curry's hype comes from his achievements. Plus he already has a ring. He plays in a way different than anyone ever has and has become that poster child for the changes going on in the league.
>>
sp eternally assmad at LeGoat
>>
>>67486502
Nigel is right. Last year's Warriors had the easiest championship run in modern NBA history. They did not play one legitimate contender and they still haven't.
>1st round
Anthony Davis + literallywhos that overachieved by even making the playoffs
>2nd round
Ultra injured Grizzlies squad that still almost beat them. Grizzlies were still somehow up 2-1 at one point despite Mike Conley and Marc Gasol each playing with broken fingers, and the Warriors finally started winning when Tony Allen went down for the series.
>3rd round
Ultra overachieving Rockets squad, possibly the worst WCF team this century
>Finals
LelBron coming off his statistically worst season, playing with a team whose second best active player was an Australian white undrafted manlet. Somehow this team of LelBrons + literallywhos won 2 games, and almost won a 3rd in OT before Kyrie Irving went down for the season.

People like to talk about how LelBron has free rides every year, but his competition is always stiffer than the competition the Warriors for last year. The Big 3 Celtics teams were legit, so were the Rose Bulls for a time and the Paul George Pacers that almost beat LelBron twice. Not to mention he's had to play the Spurs 3 times, and in 2014 that Spurs team was possibly the best playoff team ever.

The funny thing is, the Warriors are STILL getting tons of breaks. They played a terrible Rockets squad AGAIN, and then they lucked out with injuries to the Clippers and now all they have to do is beat a projected lottery team (Portland) to make it to the WCF again. If they play the Spurs in the WCF that will be the first time this Warriors team plays a legitimate contender.
>>
>>67488958
lmao kill yourself faggot
>>
>>67487983
>I'm the best player in the world
How is this a bad thing? He unironically is, and he has been for 10 years. Literally no one has ever debated it, he's told he's the best forever and he's proven it consistently. Would you prefer that he just lies and says he isn't the best? It's not cocky or egotistical if it's genuinely true. I don't even like LeBron, when he said he was the best player in the world he was objectively correct.
>>
>>67489123
Nice autism.
>>
>>67489160
>Nice autism.
the dying wimpers of someone proven wrong
>>
>>67489227
LeBron is autistic as well, and was proven definitively and objectively wrong last season. Now nobody considers him the best except kids with nostalgia goggles who hate change. Curry is now the best, without question. LeBron is a media creation and has never been the objectively best in the NBA at any point.
>>
>>67489276
>Curry is now the best, without question.
Correct.
>LeBron is a media creation and has never been the objectively best in the NBA at any point.
Incorrect. You either started watching basketball last year or you're just retarded. LeBron was objectively the best player in the world for at least 2009-2013 and no one ever debated it. We've always hated him but never denied his greatness.
>>
>>67489123
Curry has won MVP two years in a row

He clearly isn't the best player in the world, objectively

Also my post was talking about his ego and pride and buying into his own hype. praising yourself like that clearly shows all of that
>>
>>67489339
Only ESPN dickriders accepted that bullshit GOAT story, goes to show what side you fall on, friend.
>>
>>67489352
Derrick Rose won MVP in 2011 and no one ever considered him the best player in the league. MVP goes to the best player on the best team, not the actual best player in the league. This year however Curry was genuinely the best player in the league. Last year he was not.
>>
>>67489408
Revisionist history. It was unanimous. There was no one in the league you wanted on your team more than LeBron. When his 2010 free agency came around, everyone where I live (Chicago) stopped hating him and started sucking his dick to try to get him to come here. Then when he went to Miami we all went back to hating him, but we still wanted him on our team more than any other player. You wouldn't know because you didn't watch basketball then, but it really was unanimous for those few years.
>>
>>67489482
lol kill yourself kid, you're really fucking dumb and a front running wishy-washy faggot according to your own words.
>>
>>67489417
>Last year he was not.

He definitely was.
>>
File: cam_laugh.jpg (21 KB, 430x280) Image search: [Google]
cam_laugh.jpg
21 KB, 430x280
>>67489516
>kill yourself
>you're really fucking dumb
>faggot
kek absolutely no argument. i'll take my victory lap now
>>
>>67489417
I can see that
>>67489565
That's a very bold statement and false (at least the part about it being clear). He got it last year because LeBron has already won 4 and they like to mix it up. Plus Curry was on the best team in the league and had great numbers
>>
>>67481626
the one with the better hairline in 5 years
hard to tell at this point
>>
>>67489565
Westbrook, LeBron, and Harden were all "more valuable" than him and had statistically better seasons, as well as bigger impacts for their team. No question most people still would have taken LeBron on their team over Curry. Curry won last year for the same reason Rose did in 2011. Best player on best team. Remember, Curry did not get one single vote for Finals MVP. He lost 7 votes to a player on the losing team, and 8 to a bench player. LeBron literally beat him for Finals MVP by a landslide, despite losing.
>>
>>67488958
This.
>>
>>67481693
>>67485475
>Lebron is basically Peyton

I can see that. However Brady has more rings than Peyton while Curry has less rings than Lebron.
>>
>Curry remembered as someone so good, they either had to change the defensive rules back to the 90s or evolve the game around the meme shot
>>
>>67488958
>If they play the Spurs in the WCF that will be the first time this Warriors team plays a legitimate contender.

This. Considering the Warriors lucky breaks, expect Kawhi to blow his knee in the last game against the Thunder or some shit.
>>
>>67489858
Curry and LeBron will have the same amount after this year though
>>
>>67489911
I don't base shit off of hypotheticals. Brady already had 3 rings before Peyton won his first.
>>
>>67481626
Lewho?
>>
>>67488958
> implying Lebron doesn't get a free ride to atleast the ECF every season
> implying the rockets weren't good last year
> implying harden wasn't second in MVP votes
>>
Lebron is already forgotten.
>>
>>67489762
Did you watch the finals?

The Warriors strategy was to let Lebron shoot at will and have Iggy disrupt him as much as possible. Didn't Lebron average like 30-40 shots a game. No shit he's going to have killer stats. The only reason Iggy won was because he was guarding Lebron and didn't let him score 30 times a game
>>
>>67490109
lol that Rockets team was terrible. remember the game that got them back into the series, where they came back from a 20 point deficit in the 4th quarter and tied the series at 3-3? Josh Smith hit 7 3 pointers in that quarter. he didnt make a 3 after that for the rest of the playoffs. James Harden literally did not play for that entire quarter, it was just a bunch of bench scrubs like Jason Terry, Corey Brewer, and Josh Smith who suddenly played superstars for 10 minutes. they were not a WCF worthy team
>>
>>67490109
He's right. The Big 3 Celtics Lebron had to face every year were infinitely better than the dogshit competition Curry won a title against.
>>
>>67490170
Curry had just as many opportunities to shoot. He completely disappeared for the first 3 games, Matthew fucking Dellavedova gave him trouble and she like 30% from the field until game 5. Playing like shit for more than half of the entire series is not an MVP performance. LeBron had the same shit performance in 2011, only difference was Curry's team was good enough to carry him to a win.
>>
>>67481647
First post best post.
>>
>>67490305
>He completely disappeared for the first 3 games
I don't get why people think this. Curry should have won Finals MVP but they gave it to AI because he guarded Lebron for some reason. Curry only had 1 bad game in the finals.

Game 1: 10/20 26 points 4 reb 8 assists (Curry won them this game)
Game 2: 5/23 (2/15 from 3) 19 points 6 reb 5 assists (he lost them this game, but Klay had 34 points and kept them in it)
Game 3: 10/20 27 points 6 reb 6 assists (Curry kept the team in this game and gave them a chance, but Klay went 6/16, Green went 2/10 and Barnes went 0/8)
Game 4: 8/17 22 points 2 reb 7 assists (him and Iguodala (22 points) won this game for the Warriors, but it was a blowout. So no one had to shoot a whole lot)
Game 5: 13/23 37 points 7 reb 4 assists (Curry won this game for them)
Game 6: 8/19 25 points 6 reb 8 assists (Curry, Iguodala (25 points) and Green (had a triple double) won this game for the Warriors)
>>
>>67481626
Lebron's poor finals record might hurt him in the eyes of a lot of people if he continues to lose them. I mean if he ends up going like 2-9 or 2-10 in finals at the end of his career that is going to look rally bad.
>>
>>67491189
Wilt's 2-4
Dr. J 3-3
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.