[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
srs question eurobros, memes aside is this guy any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 7
srs question eurobros, memes aside

is this guy any good?
>>
>le pass sideways with 95% accuracy man
>>
>>67466088

passing sideways is underrated talent
>>
>>67466088
Good possession, great pass accuracy. A much less flashy Modric
>>
>>67466088

James should be playing over him in Madrid.
>>
>>67466088
hes good
just not at madrid
>>
>>67466088
Somewhere in the top 100
>>
>>67466088
one of the best midfielders in the world, currently having a mediocre season. Everyone will blow him soon enough
>>
He's undefined.
Is he a 10? nah...not really
Is he a 6? mmm.. no, I wouln't say so
Is he an 8? Meh, sort of...
>>
>>67466097

so essentially, he's a german xavi? i thought /sp/ said xavi was goat tier?
>>
"Watch the game, and you don't see Kroos. Watch Kroos and you see the whole game" - Sergio Busquets
>>
>>67466260
>mediocre season
still second at Madrid in assists
>>
“I can’t understand why Kroos has never won the player of the year award. He should have won it long ago. Maybe it’s because he doesn’t seek the limelight like some of the other ‘stars’.”
Thierry Henry

"Toni Kroos would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team.”
Marcello Lippi

“I’m not the best, Toni Kroos is.”
Edgar Davids

“I tell anyone who asks me – Kroos is the best german player.”
Pope Francis

“My toughest opponent? Kroos of Real Madrid. He is the complete midfielder.”
Andres Iniesta
>>
The German Scholes
>>
im a madrid fan and.. literally who is that
>>
"I managed to deconstruct space through maths and science, he can do it on the pitch"
Nicolaus Copernicus
>>
File: 1456432992114.png (144 KB, 302x302) Image search: [Google]
1456432992114.png
144 KB, 302x302
>>67466088
>that filename
>>
He plays in defensive midfield for Madrid when that's his worst position, simply because he doesn't complain about having to pass every ball to Ronaldo and all the other narcissists in front. Typical German player who is too content with being mediocre in a big team. Ballack had the same problem when he played for Chelsea and was content with playing second fiddle to Lampard thus wasting his world class offensive capabilities.
>>
>>67466400
poor shy teutons
>>
no, he really isn't
>>
>>67466400
>ballack
>kroos
>world class
Not really.
>>
why doesn't zidane put him in the #10 position?

>too slow to be an effective DM
>isco is literally le no end product man 2.0
>james is fat and will likely be sold soon

cr7 - benz - bayol
kroos
casemiro - modric
>>
>>67466474
Ballack was unironically world class in his prime
>>
>>67466400
I don't know if he's content being mediocre, it's just that Real Madrid don't have a good defensive midfielder at the moment and Modric is the best central midfielder in the world. As Modric gets older and Real buy a good DM, I'm sure Kroos will get to play his natural position.
>>
Yeah, he's world class.

But sometimes he seems to have confidence issues and doesn't want to play risky balls.
>>
He was amazing a Bayern and for Germany
His passing is ridiculous, pin point passes into the box. If he played as a 10 at Barca playing Suarez through it would be nearly unwatchable.
>>
File: kovac_absolutely disgusting.jpg (71 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
kovac_absolutely disgusting.jpg
71 KB, 470x470
>tfw anglo commentators literally pronounce his name as "Cruz" as if he was a spic
>>
I swear if the guy was spanish, had brown skin, black guido hair and was called Antonio Hernández i Krous, short "Toni", then people would be all over his dick.
>>
>>67466490

Like you said, too slow and Madrid are all about fast paced attacks.
>>
>>67466548

True. And if his name was Anthony Cross, everyone would say that he's overrated shit.
>>
>>67466541
isn't it pronounced like gross but with a k
>>
File: World Champion.jpg (279 KB, 1024x834) Image search: [Google]
World Champion.jpg
279 KB, 1024x834
>>67466088
>>
>>67466570
It's pronounced like rose, just with a k in front.
>>
>>67466560

There can still be a place in the team for him though. The Real team that broke all those goalscoring records in 2012 had Khedira and Alonso in midfield, those guys aren't exactly speed demons.
>>
File: 1461698750304.png (6 KB, 656x73) Image search: [Google]
1461698750304.png
6 KB, 656x73
>>
>>67466338
topkek
>>
>>67466590

Neither played as a #10. Kroos would take Alonsos place in a 2man midfield.
>>
>>67466570
Do you mean the German way of saying "gross" (which would be correct) or the English one?

With the correct pronounication his English name would basically be "Krohs"

>>67466581
>like rose

go back to syria, ahmed
>>
He's good but nothing special. There are dozens of players that can do what he does and his game is so limited that is value is only to a very specific team that can carry him
>>
>>67466581
>crows
>>
>>67466088
Without a doubt, a Top 5 midfielder in the world right now.
>>
>>67466666
>66666
>5 (five) sixes
fug
>>
He looked world class against city
>>
+ great shot
+ amazing passing
+ great composure on the ball
+ great technical abilities and vision

- shit at defending
- slow
- SHIT at defending
- not a fighter at ALL in any kind of form
- Ossi

so yeah put him into defensive midfield next to a literal dwarf, that'll do pig, that'll do
>>
>german joe allen
>>
Where is the slow meme coming from? He's about as fast as modric he just never has to sprint.
>>
>slow
>can't score
>can't defend
>isn't strong to make up for being slow
>lazy
but he can make hollywood balls and the occasional blooter so plebs rank him
>>
>>67466747
Fifa I'm not joking
>>
>>67466592
this is the best picture in the entire thread
>>
He's very good just not suited at all to real madrid
>>
>>67466841
>can't score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nRP9PIx7sM
>>
>>67466088
he is a great player
>>
Big game player, one of the few Germany has these days
People hate him for his supposed indifference
In truth it's just the arrogance of a player that had won nearly everything by age 25
Look how far "muh heart" got Gerrard before you judge Kroos
>>
>>67466847
So many fans base their opinions off of FIFA even if they don't explicitly say it, it's weird as hell.
>>
>>67466088
+ quality pass
+ great shot
+ great ball keeping
+ good technique

- terrible at defending (this is not really his fault, managers need to stop playing him as #6)
- kinda slow
- looks unmotivated and lazy at times
- can be frustratingly indirect

I expect him to get a lot better next season provided that Casemiro is in th regular starting eleven.
>>
maybe it's hard for him to shine in a team that has Modric next to him, which is like top 5 midfielder at the moment for sure

he isn't bad though, he just looks like he doesn't really care t b h
>>
>>67466338
Underrated
>>
>>67466088
Looked best at Buyern. Not so impressive at Real or even for the Germany
>>
toni is very good. he's an ossi tho so he will never be a wordclass player
>>
Would literally start on any team in the world
>>
>>67466375
Lel
>>
>>67467178

Basically this.

He's ideal position would be as generic CM more focused on the creative and offensive part of the role than with the defensive part. He's got a great shot , can make good runs and passing in the middle so he should have the capability to approach and linger near the opposite area more frequently without having to recover a full defensive position.

Sort of moving up and back- but not that much back- kind of midfielder. It really is very similar to Modric, but in Real Madrid it's hard to find this natural space for them when you play a 433 with one natural DM and offensive-minded full backs.
>>
Since Casemiro has been introduced to the starting eleven, Kroos has really shined for Real Madrid. His diagonal crosses and vertical passing has been sensational. He doesn't get noticed because he's not flashy like Modric but he's essential. Kroos brings order to the madrid midfield. Without him, the transition from defence to offense is just non-existent.

Just have a look at his last two games

Against City
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnUJp962APk

Against Valencia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSye4ndkwy8
>>
>>67466088
He's one of the best on his position.
>>
>>67473561
You are like one of the few posters that seems to have watched some of his last games.

Good anon.
>>
>>67466287
xavi won everything in sight

kroos came in to replace di maria while being half the player and they have 0 trophies since
>>
>>67466287
lol, no.
>>
>>67466513
A very sensible post. I worry about Madrid actually signing a competent, ugly (and likely negro) DM.
>>
>>67466666
wew there m8. top 10, certainly.
>>
>>67473561
Yeah, basically this.

You always see a huge hole between Madrid's defence and attack cause the forwards don't defend (except if they're playing Barcelona) and without Casemiro, Kroos and Modric would have too much space to cover. Kroos always looks shit when that happens.

A natural holding midfielder to release Kroos from too much defensive responsibility would allow him to show his skill in keeping a move going and knitting neat plays in the base of Madrid's midfield, which is pretty fucking hard considering the sort of players he has to work with.
>>
>>67478108
>kroos came in to replace di maria while being half the player and they have 0 trophies since
I wouldn't call the world cup nothing m9
>>
>>67466088
>>67480123
Don't forget he was one of the most important german players in the WC with Neuer and Boateng
>>
>>67466088
>that filename
>>
>>67478108
Kroos wasn't Di Maria's replacement, James was.
>>
>>67466592
what does it say?
>>
>>67480843
And Toni Kroos? He doesn't catch one's eye just like the whole team but he's great on paper. At this moment the national player has a pass accuracy of 100 percent!
>>
>>67480867
thank for translation my friend. when i say the end "von 100 Prozent!" i thought it was some kind of satire post
>>
File: kr.jpg (162 KB, 630x350) Image search: [Google]
kr.jpg
162 KB, 630x350
Imagine being Toni Kroos in that team and having to be all like "damn, Cristiano, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have assist you, both me and every other teammate." when all he really wants to do is pass to Muller or Özil in his national team. Like seriously imagine having to be Toni and not only stand on that field while Cristiano Ronaldo scores another hat-trick against Grenada, and just stand there, tap-in after tap-in, penalty after penalty, while he perfected his stats. Not only having to tolerate his constant fucking bitching but his haughty attitude as everyone tells him he's BEST IN THE WORLD and DAMN, CHRSTIANO RONALDO HAVE STATS LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to stand there and watch his gay fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the gel that's drips out of his hair as he squeezes another tube on it, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to play there and revel in his "statuesque (for that is what he calls himself)" beauty, the beauty he worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then he calls for another pass, and you know you could kill every single person in this club before the stadium security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking World Cup winner. You're not going to lose your future football career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.
>>
>>67466515
This
>>
>100% pass completion in that one game against Valencia

He literally out-xavied Xavi.
>>
Can he speak Spanish?
>>
File: kroos at the ball on doors.gif (802 KB, 298x298) Image search: [Google]
kroos at the ball on doors.gif
802 KB, 298x298
>>
>>67481633
I don't even think he has a friend in Spain. He has no friends in the squad now that Khedira is gone. I bet he stays inside all day playing NBA2k with the Dallas Mavericks.
>>
>>67480892
It's not, but it sums his life up perfectly.

If the team plays bad, he's useless as well. All he can do is rack up ridiculous passing statistics.
>>
>>67466088
Very good. A bit misused.
>>
>>67466357
Boo.
>>
>>67466088
No. And comparing him to Xavi is absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>67467059
Muh heart got Gerrard pretty damn far, bruh.

>implying Kroos wasn't carried to every single achievement in the most non-competitive circumstances possible. Bayernliga, WC against David "oh wait, I'm the center back?" Luiz and Fanta. Argentina without the GOAT NT player Di Maria.

Git gud.
>>
>>67473561
Did you actually watch those highlights. It's literally either sideways passes to wing backs or passes to Modric under a fuckton of pressure only for Modric to magic his way forward, or to pass it back to him.

Kroos is shit beyond comprehension. Not even top 100 players in the world mate.
>>
>>67480231
Yes that Real Madrid winning the world cup in Brazil 2014 was on the best memories of my footballing life.

Truly a masterful comment, bearcum.
>>
That assist for Higuain in the WC final though, true word class.
>>
>>67482642
>Chokeguain
>>
You watch the game, you don't see Kroos. You watch Kroos, you see the whole game - Pep Schumacher Crespo
>>
>>67466293
kek
>>
>>67482018
does xavi have a game with 100% pass completion?

did xavi score 2 goals against brazil?

he's a fucking nobody compared to Kroos
>>
>>67483040
Yes he does

Schurrle had 2 goals too, is he goat? The Brazil game was a glorified training session.
>>
>>67466490
Because Modric is a far better playmaker than he is
>>
>>67483040
Xavi was/is one of the best executers ever. His decision making one of the best ever as well. His passings were almost all to the right direction (and player) and with the right force. Messi for example is not as strong as him in this. Ball control, receptions, or whatever u call that in english. Understands the game like few.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKpguR405PI

GOAT

Does Xavi have a game with 100% pass completion?
Very probably

>2 goals against Brasil?
Kek
>>
"I truly rate Kroos" - Zidane
>>
>>67466088
>tfw french commentators always pronounce it "Toni Cruise"
>>
>>67483427
>>67485130
I doubt that guy was serious. That's just the kind of shit the german media says to hype shit players.
Kroos is only capable of short, sideway passes that never really create danger or tempo and only slow the game down. He can sometimes score nice goals but it's too inconsistent.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.