[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 11
HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
just unfounded hype, don't get your hopes up
>>
why would anyone but people who like mcgregor's meme videos care about this

no one in the rest of the world cares about MMA
>>
>>67459344
its not gonna happen

would be fun though.
>>
It would be fun to see McGregor lose again and see him cry some more.
>>
conor would destroy him out of the ring
floyd can barely speak
>>
>>67459344
Go fuck ur mum u stupid bitch
>>
>>67459621
Memegregor won't have Dana white's writing team feeding him promo lines if he does this.
>>
>>67459410
>no one in the rest of the world cares about MMA

>this buttdevastation

There are unironically women who could kill Floyd with bare hands if they were allowed to start from a tie up. How does that make you feel? :^)
>>
>>67459644
head to head and press conferences + does floyd actually have any fans who go and like cheer chant for him?
>>
If this happens, connor will get fucked. Id enjoy it.
>>
>>67459920
If by "get fucked" you mean get hugged and bored to death, before losing on points, then yes you're most probably right.

Mayweather will win by decision.

But if they were to have an ACTUAL FIGHT then Mayweather would get his shit pushed in.
>>
>>67459955
What actual fight? Street fight?
It doesnt matter. In this case its boxing.
>>
>>67460014
>What actual fight? Street fight?
Yeah. A real fight. i.e. not what boxing is

Bare knuckle, gypsy-style fight until knock-out boxing
Kick-boxing
Judo match
Wrestling
Street fight
Bar Brawl
MMA bout

You name it.
Mayweather is world class at doing ONE thing. Winning boxing matches, with boxing gloves, under boxing rules and boxing regulations.
>>
>>67460076

mcgregor does have 20 lbs on him and some height. plus the 10+ years. not a big surprise in an octagon hed smash him.
>>
>>67460076
If they had a "real fight" Mayweather could just stab or shoot him.

MMA is not real fighting. It's just a sport like boxing.
>>
Mayweather would get his fucking arse shagged off, judges would still award him the win
>>
Its hilarious how he got over that loss so easily. I guess talking smack counts for a lot these days. I thought his stock would be lowered but it doesnt seem to have made a dent. I know he was fighting in the wrong division and all but still.
>>
>>67460121

i give him credit for the fact he went up the weight.
>>
>>67460128
True but didnt think people would recognise that. I know fuck all about mma community though, just a bandwagoner.
>>
>>67460110
McGregor could just send a nuke in. Wouldn't even have to be in the same country.

>The city of (You)

Mixed Martial Arts is taught to Navy SEAL teams, the SAS and the Marines. It's not a sport you mong. UFC is a sport which takes cues from combat disciplines that have been taught for thousands of years.
>>
>>67460120
This is what would happen

>First round or two
>McGregor punches the shit out of him
>Can't quite get the knock-down because of muh pillow gloves, and the fact every time he gets close Mayweather just hugs him
>After 3-5 rounds McGregor gets tired, can't go for big shots anymore
>Mayweather continues to dance around and hug, while laying a number of feather-tap shots
>Bell rings and it's off to the judges scorecards
>Literally anyone who watched the fight agrees McGregor won overall
>Judges hand it to Mayweather anyway
>Boxing fans make thousands of threads talking about how it was a "defensive masterclass" and that anyone who disagrees with the result doesn't understand boxing
>>
>>67460128
He went up one weight class but didn't cut weight.

Don't believe the hype.
>>
>>67460160
>muh pillow gloves

they aren't to protect fighters from punches you fucking goof they're too protect the hand from breaking, Conor would be lucky to even touch Floyd.
>>
>>67460173
So why don't they use them in MMA?

If you break your hand while punching, you don't know how to punch properly. Time to go back to basics. It's one of the first things you're taught along with blocking.
>>
>>67460173
>they aren't to protect fighters from punches you fucking goof they're too protect the hand from breaking
what a load of absolute bollocks
>>
Just like Mayweather was too scared to fight Pacman in his peak (because he knew he'd lose) he's also too scared to fight McGregor in MMA (because he knows he'll lose)

Mayweather is like Commodus at the end of Gladiator, he has to mortally wound his opponent before he fights him. Biggest fucking pussy on the planet and a shit-tier fighter.
>>
>>67460187
>>67460194

Holy fuck educate yourselves. For a country that has such a rich boxing history that's inexcusable. If I put a little bit of padding over my knuckles the blunt force is still going to be about the same but instead of my knuckle getting dislocated or broken or hurting I can just keep on punching. There have been orgs with bare knuckle fighting, what ends up happening is half the strikers start palm striking instead.

They couldn't make padded gloves well back then especially in shitty areas amongst the common folk which is why the design is much simpler.
>>
>>67460160
Boxing is literally more predetermined than mandrama at this point. But if it would happen boxing '''fans'''' would get fucked like they were with pac fight.

Boxing has not been relevant since Tyson retired and will never be at this point. It's their swan song
>>
>>67460187
Oh god you're trolling, right???
>>
>>67460215
He didn't want to fight that roided up little pinoy monkey without proper drug testing because he knew Pacman was doping. People just hate Floyd so they wanted to act like it was his fault or that he was scared when it was Pacman's camp who stonewalled.
>>
>the best p4p boxer ever coming out of retirement to fight some mouthy irish pikey in some hybrid type bout

Why would anyone believe this? Floyd come come out of retirement and fight actual boxers and make more money
>>
>>67460404
Nope. Boxed personally for 5 years and taught self defense classes for 2 years afterwards.

I unarguably know more than you do on the subject.
>>
>>67459663
mmgay is irrelevant
>>
>>67460624
You dont know shit about mma. You cant do submissions with boxing gloves, IE.
>>
>>67460624
did u get fat so and end up on here or what?
>>
>>67460467
Knowing Maywether, it would most likely be a normal boxing match, in which he - of course - would wreck McGregor on points over 12 rounds without taking more than a couple of hits. Easiest money ever.
>>
>>67460160
>McGregor
>landing a single clean punch on a top pro boxer in a boxing match

Loving these memes lads
>>
they should do two matches; one boxing and one mma.
>>
>>67460724
He would probably carry him for a few rounds, just throwing the jab, slipping all of his punches and taunting him, then in the middle rounds start to mix in bigger potshots and within a couple of rounds McGregor would have to quit because he was so exhausted and busted up.

Can McGregor even make 147/154 healthily any more?
>>
>>67460760
>boxer easily wins boxing match
>mma fighter easily wins mma match
>everyone who's not a fucking idiot casual is utterly unsurprised
>>
>>67460701
We're not all fat like you, Ireland.
>>
>>67460147
>"it's not a sport"
>"it's a sport"
Yeah nah senpai it's cool
>>
No one should care about this. The next huge fight is GGG vs Canelo which will kick fucking ass!
>>
>>67460837
UFC is a sport, learning a variety of martial arts and using them at the same time is not.

McGregor being choked out by Diaz is a sport. Defending yourself from being mugged by using a judo throw and then incapacitating your mugger by holding him in an arm-bar is not a sport.
>>
>>67460147
>MMA is taught to Navy SEALS SAS and Marines

Will this meme please die. They're also taught how to drill and how to properly make their beds, all three of which are useless. If you have to use your hands in combat after you've been given the best equipment in the world, you've probably messed up somewhere
>>
>>67459344

McMemeor is under contract with the UFC for the next couple of years. This fight can't legally happen while that's the case.
>>
>>67459663
>There are unironically women who could kill Floyd with bare hands

Dana and Joe Rogan pumped a lot of sperm into your anus huh?
>>
>>67460076
This is your daily reminder that MMA and all combat sports are sports and anyone who thinks it translate to the street has not been in a MmA or street fight.
>>
The only people dense enough to think that this could actually happen are fans of fighting sports. Brilliant, really.
>>
>>67460147
>implying that a navy seal wouldn't shoot or slit a throat first

Joe Rogan go home.
>>
>>67460624
>shit that did not happen
>>
File: 1460228058421.jpg (169 KB, 330x448) Image search: [Google]
1460228058421.jpg
169 KB, 330x448
>>67461004
>getting close to a mugger in a street fight.
>>
>>67461068
You're a retard. Watch the Bourne Trilogy and see how many times Jason Bourne uses hand to hand combat to save his life. Or 24 and Jack Bauer.

I'll await your b-b-but it's a movie and not like real life comment. Yeah, it's a movie, but it's not exactly Bruce Lee tier shit is it? It's based on real life, practical martial art which is used and applied in real life.

Cunt.
>>
>>67461183
Already done it familia. Disarmed someone with a knife and broke their arm.

Could have done a hell of a lot more too.
>>
>>67461068
t. someone who has never been in the field
>>
>>67461244
lol okay nigel
>>
>>67461244
>shit that never happened.
>>
>>67459410
It's lack of awareness like this that cost your people their empire
>>
>>67461233
>movies

Stop it Ben you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>mfw i was actually compared to connor mcgregor for my charisma and fightning skills and also compared to mayweather for my fast quick jabs and punches by my master in my dojo.

I feel bad /sp/ how can i stay motivated to reach my potential? I feel like because I know i can already beat 99% of people out there in any type of fight that I don't need to try and I know if I do try and keep motivated I will be just as successful as Mayweather and Conor combined, any advice /sp/?
>>
Sorry, but MMArtists are comfortably better boxers than actual boxers. Their striking technique is unparalleled. Hence why it takes boxers 15 three minute rounds to knock someone out whereas in MMA fights are frequently over after 20-30 seconds.

Boxing is a fun sport but LMAO don't kid yourself that they are actually good fighters. They are just trained to win boxing matches which is a highly specific type of 'fighting' which doesn't compare to the real thing (UFC) at all.

In boxing you regularly see guys take 50+ """hard""" shots to the face without going down. In MMA you eat 2-3 and you're finished. Game over. That's true punching technique, timing and precision.

To make an analogy

Boxing = US Army
MMA= British Special Forces

Boxing = Justin Bieber
MMA = Bach

Boxing = Back To The Future 3
MMA = The Good The Bad and the Ugly

Boxing = Sunny Delight
MMA = Dom Perignon

Boxing = Dominoes Pizza
MMA = Lobster

Don't get me wrong though, we all love a bit of pizza every now and then. It has its place.
>>
>>67461473
Learn to read
>I'll await your b-b-but it's a movie and not like real life comment
>>
>>67461515
Almost took the B8
>>
>>67461543
Sweet mother of god those are awful analogies
>>
>this britbong

best thread on /sp/ right now
>>
>>67461515
Get the fuck off /sp/! Let me be your manager too.
>>
File: _.jpg (15 KB, 300x214) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
15 KB, 300x214
>>67461556
>>67461233

This is why I /sp/. Expert level trolling.
>>
>>67461574
How are they awful?
>>
>>67461270
>I can't prove yourstatement wrong but still wanted to post
have a (you)
>>
>>67461556
You're asinine disclaimer does not change the fact that movies are fantasy.
>>
>>67461543
Okay now you're just pulling our leg. Mo ones this dumb.

8/10 b8 you've been making me reply. Now I know not to take you seriously anymore. Good job.
>>
>>67461581
I think he's a boxing fan that wants to make MMA fans look retarded.
>>
>>67461806
Except they're not. Many are based on true stories. Many are very accurately true stories. And many use global experts/consultants to tell them how to do things accurately i.e. as in how it is done in real life.
>>
File: 014_Nate_Diaz_gallery_post.0.jpg (102 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
014_Nate_Diaz_gallery_post.0.jpg
102 KB, 1600x900
>>67459344
>beats midget aldo off his steroids
>gets Mayweather fight
>>
>>67461130
>fans of fighting sports
not boxing fans.

not mma fans who don't have their mouths firmly planted on conard's potato arse.
>>
Not many people know this, buy Conor is a high ranking member of the Real IRA.
>>
Shit is boring, they should just take death row criminals and have a battle royale style fight on some big ass island. Winner gets freed. I bet the PPV bucks would eclipse any Mayweather fight.
>>
>>67464377
I wish, there's very few southerners that bother with the cause nowadays, no easier for you to forget we fought by your side till abandoning us 96 years ago, free state scum
>>
>>67460076
>confirmed for having never been in a fight, sport or street
Just stfu, Mohammad.
>>
>>67464377

The real ira disbanded and got replaced by the new ira a long time ago
>>
>>67468277

>not being Continuity IRA master race
>>
>>67460734
he knocked out that one guy with a punch so fast it was hard to even see the hit
>>
>>67469974
Mayweather is much faster than that punch and does not have a glass chin.
>>
>>67472390

>Jose Aldo
>glass chin
>one of best featherweight thai boxers and definately best thai boxer in mma
>undefeated for a decade and never knocked out before
>glass chin
>>
>>67460215
>duck Pacman in his prime
>now ducking GGG in his prime
>>
>>67473526
>being this retarded about GGG

Stop is pleb.
>>
>>67460215
>MUH Prime Pacqiuao
>>
That fucking Freemason symbol is killing me
>>
>>67473395
>MMA
>Good chins
>>
>>67461004
>ufc is a sport
No its a promotion dumbass, mma is the the sport.
>>
>>67473889
Who is Wesley "Cabbage" Correira?
>>
>>67474003
Nigel has been in the past 10 MMA vs Boxing forums. Honestly he's a boxing fan making you guys look retarded.
>>
Do seriously none of you dumb faggots understand that Conor is still under contract with the UFC? He couldn't do this even if he wanted to. He'd get sued into bankruptcy.
>>
>>67461543
Its this moron again. Please tell us all how you train in the army and love mma.
>>
>>67461119
I have been training multiple disciples of combat sports and I can assure you it works just fine in street fights.
>>
Hold on- didn't that potato fucker get boxed up by Nate Diaz? Do people really thing Diaz is half the boxer Mayweather is? Why is this even a thing?
>>
>Guys with infinitely better footwork and handspeed like Pacquiao, Canelo Alvarez, DLH, Cotto, etc. couldn't land clean punches on Mayweather
> A guy who is probably barely on the level of a journeyman boxer will be able to beat him in boxing.

I hate Floyd, but he'd clearly toy with McGregor in a boxing match.
>>
>>67460187
Because MMA isn't boxing, MMA is MIXED martial arts, you literal retard.
>>
>>67478695
Because Floyd is smaller. McGregor trained for a 5'8 guy and got 6'0/6'1 Diaz at the last moment. His range was all off. He threw a lot of good punches against Diaz that were just too short which took the power off.
>>
>>67459663
holy fuck are people ACTUALLY this retarded? but be all the ahmeds getting to you
>>
File: 460x.jpg (34 KB, 410x512) Image search: [Google]
460x.jpg
34 KB, 410x512
>>67473526
>bringing GGG up when he's engaged in a hide and seek game with Ward
>>
>>67478820

I don't believe you.
>>
>>67476430
Kek no you haven't.
>>
File: crop_exact_full_image.jpg (20 KB, 527x310) Image search: [Google]
crop_exact_full_image.jpg
20 KB, 527x310
>>67479061
>bringing up Ward when he fights 2 divisions above GGG and is going to fight Kovalev

Stop
>>
>>67460160
>muh pillow gloves
boxer's punch is much harder than any mma fighter's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRmOOWPTRBs
>>
File: 1448817309921.jpg (48 KB, 370x359) Image search: [Google]
1448817309921.jpg
48 KB, 370x359
lads, i dont really follow human cockfighting like this, but i've heard that most mma fighters have absolute dog shit chins whilst you cant even become a decent boxer without an ok one. also mma fighters barely last 5x five minutes, how could they hang with niggweather for potentially 10 rounds?
>>
>>67461109

Are you mentally retarded? How do Rousey and many others not strangle him to death from a clinch?
>>
>>67459955
>Mayweather will win by decision.

He would knock Cloner out in 5 rounds. Guaranteed.

Conor isn't on the level that manage to last 12 rounds against Mayweather you mong.
>>
>>67460076

>faggot considers wrestling "real fighting" even though you can neither hit nor choke your opponent and the goal is to achieve missionary position, but not boxing, where people get knocked unconscious

Commit suicide.
>>
As much as I hate Mayweather, there's no way in hell that Conor could beat Floyd. Scratch that, the only chance Conor would have is that the match is fixed, and Floyd throws the fight.

Mayweather is essentially untouchable, even by the greatest boxers of our era, and there have been some pretty amazing ones.

McGregor was a literal who. He beat an old journeyman nobody, not even in convincing fashion, then caught the champ Aldo on a fluke 1HKO.

He got embarrassed by Nick Diaz' little brother, who was sippin' margaritas on a beach in Mexico, when he got the call to be ready in 2 weeks time.

It would be an absolute massacre, and I like McGregor.
>>
>>67460128

He didn't. He literally fought a guy his own size.
>>
>>67480228
floyd is 1-0 against women, that we know of. ronda has a fairly tale about how he beat up her ex when he didnt fight back.
>>
>>67460147
>UFC is a sport

It's a promotion you fucking faggot. PRIDE, WEC, Affliction, Strikeforce, Bellator have the same sport as the UFC but they are/were rival organizations.

God are you stupid.

>>67460160

>First round or two
>McGregor punches the shit out of him

If he lands 10 clean punches, I'd be impessed.

>Can't quite get the knock-down because of muh pillow gloves, and the fact every time he gets close Mayweather just hugs him

>implying Mayweather would need to clinch this unskilled faggot

Floyd stops him mid rounds.
>>
>>67473526
Mayweather has nothing to gain by fighting GGG. He's not a big enough name yet. Speaking of, GGG is too big to fight Mayweather, though, if anyone around Mayweather's weight has a shot at beating him, GGG is the closest.

Canelo won't fight Triple G either. He huffed and puffed, but it's all a bunch of smoke. He'll ask something outrageous, like nearly all of the purse, GGG will decline, and they won't fight until they absolutely have to. Canelo is scared of him.
>>
File: heston.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
heston.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>>67460187
>So why don't they use them in MMA?

Because you can't grapple with boxing gloves

My fucking sides.
>>
>>67480228
Women are weak. They lack functional muscle in key areas. Obviously not as pronounced, but just compare a 150lbs/70kg chimp and a powerlifter that weighs up to twice that. The difference in strength is staggering.

The same goes for men compared to women, though to a much lesser extent. To anyone really trying, that isn't a limp-wristed numale fuccboi, Ronda would lack the strength to leverage a man into a throw.

But of course, you wish to set it up so that the woman would already Mayweather in the hiptoss position, ready to be tossed. Rousey couldn't even catch Holly Holm, what makes you think she could catch Mayweather without getting all her teeth knocked out on the first clinch attempt?
>>
>>67460401
>Boxing has not been relevant since Tyson retired and will never be at this point. It's their swan song

You faggots have been saying that since the 19th century. :^)

Do you even know who GGG is? Canelo? Khan? Donaire? Ward? Cotto?

Faggot.
>>
>>67480390
>Ronda would lack the strength to leverage a man into a throw.

She has thrown MMA fighters weighing more than 200 lbs, KEK.

How stupid do you have to be to believe that a bronze medalist at the Olympics wouldn't toss Floyd like he isn't even there?

>Rousey couldn't even catch Holly Holm, what makes you think she could catch Mayweather without getting all her teeth knocked out on the first clinch attempt?

When did I say she could? I said she could kill him with bare hands FROM A CLINCH. I didn't say she could get there.
>>
>>67480131

>but i've heard that most mma fighters have absolute dog shit chins

That's something boxtards say because they're butthurt about the inferiority of their idols.

>also mma fighters barely last 5x five minutes, how could they hang with niggweather for potentially 10 rounds?

Wrestling is more exhausting than prancing around a ring and throwing jabs, more at 11.
>>
>>67480509
You're full of shit. Ronda only throws men who allow themselves to be thrown. Stop being such a cuckold, she will never be your waifu.
>>
>>67468295
>being rag head equivalent scum
>>
>>67480509
>She has thrown MMA fighters weighing more than 200 lbs
who? her weight class' upper limit is 135.
>>
>>67480547

Schaub said he's seen her throw big guys in training.

Even if they weren't going 100%, they're 200lbs+ and they actually know a bit about wrestling. Mayweather isn't and doesn't.
>>
>>67480570
>not knowing Ronda surrounds herself with glad handing, ass kissing yes men.

You really going to trust the word of her former boyfriend trying to hype her up?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2QgDWSfQik

When an unbeatable world champ woman faces off with a literal who journeyman.
>>
>All these fagets
UFC is literally one step apart from Pro Wrestling considering some wrestlers actually quit the world of fake fighting to dominate the world of real fighting.
>>
>>67480615

What is this supposed to prove? That a male kickboxer beats a female kickboxer in a kickboxing match? Say it ain't so!
>>
Even if you don't enjoy watching it how can you not respect MMA? It's literally the closest thing we have today to a real sport.
>>
>>67480509
one uppercut from the clinch with mma gloves and floyd heems her

one punch from the bottom on her chin and floyd heems her

dont underestimate how hard boxers can punch just because they have pillows on their fists
>>
>>67481021
I've been watching MMA for about 20 years. Floyd would hit her in the mouth once and she'd be curled up in the fetal position.
>>
>>67480039
>MMA glove does more damage
>MMA glove is power powerful
>MMA more likely to get knock-out

Thanks for proving the boxing retards wrong with that video.
>>
>>67480265
McGregor is a manlet. Diaz is a normal sized human being.
>>
>>67480292
UFC is a sport because UFC has it's own rules. Same with PRIDE etc. etc. etc.

MMA is not a sport. It's combining disciplines, ideas, and some combat sports (including UFC).
>>
>Boxing
>Relevant
Maybe in the 50s and 60s, retards.

Now we have REAL fighting. Don't like the blood? Stick to boxing you pussy. Enjoy your family friendly circle-jerk. Meanwhile real fighters will be in MMA.
>>
>>67481075
>UFC is a sport because UFC has it's own rules.
That's like saying NFL is a sport
>>
>>67481197
No it's not, because American football exists outwith that competition.
>>
>>67481100
>good bait friend
>>
>>67481316
But the NFL has its own rules that aren't followed in other American Football competitions
>>
>>67481497
Well I don't know how it works, or care t.b.h. I've never watched it before. But if that is true, then it is a sport of its own.

Same way as Rugby League and Rugby Union are both different sports.
>>
>>67480228
Mayweather will knock her the fuck out and it wouldn't even be funny.
>>
>>67480509
>I'm shitting Dana Whites sperm out my anus as we speak: the post.
>>
>>67480527
>wrestling is more exhausting

Its not. I've done both and MMA. As much as I enjoy MMA and as fum as it is to train, there isn't a sport in the world as tough as boxing.
>>
>>67481075
>b8

Guys this guy is literally a boxing fan who makes MMA fanboys look like shit. Don't respond to his bait.
>>
>>67481623
>m-m-muh b8

Fuck off to /b/ if you can't discuss things like an adult.
>>
>>67481609
>this delusion

The truth is it depends on your style and tactics. You say you get most exhausted with boxing, well newsflash, you can be a pure boxer in MMA too.Therefore your point is null and void.
>>
>>67481591
Yeah, in a boxing match.

Take away the ring, the judges, the gloves and the protection plates and Ronda would chew him the fuck out, as would any competent, average UFC fighter.

Boxing is a joke sport. Literally the only thing they're good at is boxing. It requires next to no talent and is 99.9% conditioning.

To learn all their is to know about boxing it takes the average person 6 months. To learn, not master.

MMA? Try 200 years + i.e. it's impossible to learn it all in one lifetime.
>>
>>67481575
>Same way as Rugby League and Rugby Union are both different sports
the differences between peegue and union are far bigger than the difference in rules between different MMA comps
>>
>>67481065
same weight class

mcgregor has to cut down to holocaust-survivor mode just to make weight to beat up on manlets
>>
>>67481818
I'm not interested in nit-picking. They're different sports. UFC is a sport. You compete in UFC, you don't compete in MMA.

Same as in Rugby, you don't compete in Rugby, you compete in Rugby League or Rugby Union.
>>
>>67481728
Nigel I know you're a boxing fan ;)
>>
>>67481786
No. There literally isn't a sport in the world as tough as boxing.

>>67481811
Take away the ring gloves and judges and she will be brutalized. Chill
>>
File: Tonysoprano.jpg (26 KB, 374x373) Image search: [Google]
Tonysoprano.jpg
26 KB, 374x373
>>67482004
>UFC is a sport
>>
Is /sp/ this autistic?
>>
Be an easy win for Mayweather and easy money for McGregor
>>
>>67482475
No just that one Brit. But he's trolling to make MMA fans look terrible. Only Joe Rogan and Dana White could be this autistic. And not Mr.White he's a former Floyd Mayweather Flunkie.
>>
>>67481811
rousey couldnt hit holm, you think she could hit mayweather?

fucking hell lad please be trolling.
>>
>>67482475
yes
>>
>>67482486
Hes a boxing fan that's trolling everyone. I think he's great.
>>
>>67480473
A bunch of literally whos, only known from a dying sport deluded fans. No one cares anymore, especially after that once in a lifetime dissapointment that was pacq/nigglet trainwreck of a slugfest
>>
Mayweather would bang him out in a boxing ring and the gay octagon thing.
>>
>>67459608
this
i really hate this piece of shit
>>
>>67482459
>No. There literally isn't a sport in the world as tough as boxing.
MMA for a start.

>Take away the ring gloves and judges and she will be brutalized. Chill
LMAO, the only way that happens is if Mayweather gets lucky and manages to catch her with his first shot. Miss that and it's game over. He'd be on the deck within seconds and be facing a broken arm and then from there on it would be absolute destruction.

Boxing is not fighting. It's boxing.
Boxers are pussies and can't fight for shit. All they know is punching and blocking and that's it. With padded gloves and massive guards no less...
>>
I don't understand why people hate Mayweather so much?

Is it because he treats boxing like it's a sport and so it breaks the immersion for people who watch boxing and expect to see some kind of bloody street brawl?
>>
>>67482675
MMA is not.

He will brutalize her to the point that people will wonder why they ever thought it was a good idea. Seriously. Get Joe Rogans dick out your face.
>>
>>67482675
Nigel you're a boxing fan.
>>
>>67482676
probably. I used to make fun of the little shit and hoped he got laid out, but honestly he's just playing the game and playing it well. good for him.
>>
>>67482675
>Being this retareded
I swear Mayweathers fists are like registered as weapons or something like that
>>
how fucking new and fresh are you faggots

James Toney fought in the UFC....google it

yes, DURRRRRRR mayweather wins in a boxing match under boxing rules

McGregor wins outside of a boxing ring with boxing rules

This has literally already happened with toney vs. couture
>>
>>67482789
You are without a doubt the most stupid poster on /sp/. You are by far the most retarded football poster and now you've demonstrated transferable retardation into a boxing thread. Congratulations. Retard.

And this is coming from a United fan.

Please consider changing your trip, you utter embarrassment.
>>
>>67482004
>UFC is a sport. You compete in UFC
'''''ultimate''''' ''''fighting'''' championship
the clue is in the name, it's a championship. Not a sport
>>
>>67482829
Yea it happened with Holm and Rousey too you remember that you little faggot?
>>
>>67482829
Toney was a fat mess, McGregor has a limited ground game and his boxing skills as we saw with the Diaz fight are pathetic. Mcgregor would get destroyed in and out of the ring.
>>
Theres no reason my McGregor should expect to win a boxing match. Same for Floyd in MMA, he would go down at the first leg kick.
>>
>>67482829
this
i would beat mayweather in a no rules fight, and i'm a 6'0 145lbs skinnyfag

not that i'm weak or anything, i'm hard as fuck. have regularly beaten the shit out of guys that are 180-200lbs and gym-rats

technique is everything, mayweather wouldn't stand a chance, and he certainly wouldn't stand a chance against mcgregor or ronda
>>
>>67482844
Not as retarded as any man child who needs to resorts to talking about street fighting in a sports board to justify their shit tacular sport.
>>
>>67482846
that's just the name of the brand, you can call it whatever you want, but it's a sport
>>
>>67482879
Mayweather would kill you. Fact.
>>
>>67482868
Not necessarily senpai
One of the worst boxers known to man and he beat two of the best Kick boxers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvqmTmDoDFs
>>
>>67482883
When did I say anything like that? Might want to be sure about who you're quoting before making yourself look retarded next time.
>>
>>67482901
>>67482879
> low key boxing fan

Hey senpai you gunna watch Anthony Joshua's next fight?
>>
>>67482857

lol do you seriously think holm and rousey are on the level of couture/mcgregor and toney/mayweather?

Holly trains grappling every day, Mayweather and Toney didn't

She's at the best MMA gym on the planet

Rousey is so fucking 1 dimensional that Holm's team had her gameplan for her usual bullshit

You're literally a Floyd homer if you think he's winning anything but a boxing match, which he technically can't win those, he wins on points, sure it's a win but he's not winning fights or finishing them, he's not beating his opponent, he's winning a game with the judges

McGregor would get knocked out if he came at Mayweather, he'd eat so many clean punches, at the same time Mayweather isn't really ever going to come out the gate balls deep
>>
>>67482844
>Waah he doesn't agree with my idiotic opinion

Fuck you mate bet u couldn't even kick a football.
>>
>>67482868
Except Boxers would win MMA bouts 0% of the time
Whereas MMA fighters would win boxing matches 20-30% of the time

Also, it's only boxing fans who are actually arguing against your point. They're the ones saying that boxers would beat mixed martial artists in an anything goes fight (which is basically what MMA IS)
>>
>>67482904
lmfao
not a chance, i know the basics of boxing and that's all that is required for me to weather the early storm and take him down, from there on in it's game over.

i win comfortably within 1 minute, for a seasoned pro it'd take 10-20 seconds
>>
>>67482914
Not talking about you specifically senpai
>>
>>67482937
Played for my local youth team for 11 years since under 8s level lad. Had trails at Villa, Aberdeen and Manchester City circa 2002-2003.

Also have my FIFA coaching badges which I did for shitz n' gigz.

Pretty sure I know more than you do.
>>
>>67482955
Then why did you quote me and make that comment. Pretty obvious that was your point. Also, no nothing is as retarded as that guy.
>>
>>67482938
How many MMA fights end up in TKO punches wins...a lot. So a boxer is going to come out on top in those most of the time.
>>
>>67482951
No. Mayweather would destroy you. If you were anywhere near Floyd Mayweathers level at life, let alone any sort of fighting, you wouldn't be shitposting on a fucking sports board LMFAO
>>
>>67482858
>Toney was a fat mess

guy was literally on roids....

and you act like 1/2 of the heavy weight division isn't fat or in better shape than toney

>Mcgregor would get destroyed in and out of the ring.
lol
> McGregor has a limited ground game
against a gracie black belt... literally 99th percentile skill level, maybe 1,000 people on the planet can hang with a legit gracie black belt, probably less

Mayweather has never been on the ground in his life...McGregors coach is a BJJ black belt...McGregor beat a wrestler in Mendes...you think Mayweather can do better than him on the ground?

>>67482879
>i would beat mayweather in a no rules fight, and i'm a 6'0 145lbs skinnyfag
no you wouldn't
you need actual skill
you can't just say "I've watched MMA and I'll take mayweather down"
You won't get close enough to do that
McGregor has enough skill to get close enough to Mayweather take him down, and is enough of a threat as a punch where mayweather has to respect it

where as you....Mayweather is going to land the first punch he throws on you fat double chin
>>
>>67483002
Why would a world class mixed martial artist, who is up against a ""fighter"" who is known only for boxing, try to entertain a stand-up game with them?

Pro-tip: They wouldn't. They'd do their homework and take it to the ground. It'd be over in seconds. And if they weren't aware before hand, they'd learn pretty early on in the fight that having a striking match isn't working out and they'd try something else.

Use some common sense. But it's clear you're just clutching at straws. I think we both know I'm 100% right.
>>
>>67482978
Wow thats alot of teams to have trials for in a year m8. I had trials too, education took over tho probs weren't dedicated enough desu

Bet im still better than you desu, run the midfield on my day
>>
Only way a UFC fighter beats Joshua is if they get him to the ground as soon as they even think about trading with him they will be Koed. Joshua is the most devastating puncher probably ever.
>>
>>67483003
>uneducated nigger manlet who beats his woman
Are you seriously trying to suggest he is superior to me in some way?

TOP. FUCKING. KEK.

I speak four languages, have two degrees from top 100 world Universities and run my own business in my spare time, when I'm not working my FTSE 100 job during the week.

And I'm only 25.

Also, I don't avoid opponents and challenges when they seem like they could beat me. I take them on because I'm not a gutless pussy like Mayweather.
>>
>>67482829

In all fairness thinking about it now

Couture is maybe the greatest MMA fighter of all time, he's been a champion for years and took on guys who were 50 pounds bigger routinely in a steroid era of the sport

Couture is far and above McGregor as a fighter period
Toney isn't mayweather good, but he's closer to Mayweather than McGregor is to Couture

Boxers get paid way more money than MMA guys, and if any MMA fighters were good enough to be pro boxers, they simply would be...a top 10 ranked boxer in his weight class can fight for a million dollar purse, which unless he's champion he won't in the UFC

Then sponsors, as a boxer you can get w/e you want, in UFC, you get free reebok shoes/shirts/shorts

So....it's that simple, if MMA fighters could beat professional boxers they would...
>>
>>67483008
>you need actual skill
m8 with all due respect i'm a black belt in judo and purple belt (and still learning) in BJJ, i also have 2-3 years boxing experience and have real-world experience of street fights (unfortunately)

i could comfortably take him
>>
>>67483039
>education took over
And what took over that? Obviously you gave up pretty quickly on the education front you fucking bellend.
>>
>>67483060
>run my own business in my spare time, when I'm not working my FTSE 100 job during the week.

ok....yet here you are on 4chan as a big time millionaire
>>
>>67483060
I'm not trying to say. I am saying it. All those accomplishments and you're still inferior to Floyd Mayweather in every way possible.
>>
>>67483097
Im training to be a Maths teacher now what can u say u flippin mong
>>
>>67480509
Im gonna take it easy on you since you're from a third world country, floyd could beat ronda in any sport including judo.

You gotta get danas nuts out of your mouth.
>>
>>67483074
m8 nobody is suggesting mcgregor is the best MMArtist of all time....

he's not even top 100
>>
>>67480527
> wrestling is more exhausting

Nope.
>>
>>67483106
Sorry, is 4chan limited to those under a certain income threshold? Also, I didn't say I was a millionaire. I earn £50k a year + my business earns me around £10k net profit.
>>
>>67483109
I'm a God compared to him. If you wish you had is life, you better stop and start wishing you had mine instead.
>>
>>67483082
>i could comfortably take him
>black belt in judo and purple belt
pics or stfu

inb4 you don't include time stamp
>>
>>67483144
so then with 4 language and 2 degrees you're not a millionaire?

then yes, mayweather is kicking ass in life as an uneducated nigger and you're a fucking loser
>>
>>67483144
Confirmed..
Mayweather is much better than you.
>>
>>67483167
not going to 'prove' myself to someone on 4chan lad

believe what you want, i know my limitations and capabilities, if you told me mayweather has the same credentials as i do, then fair enough he takes the fight because i wouldn't be able to cope with his punches

otherwise? no chance. i'd rek him hard and i'd rek anyone in that weight class and the two weights above
>>
Boxing always wins these debates, it's just so easy so fucking easy senpai
>>
>>67483178
>>67483196
>Money is the only indicator of success
Okay then. Didn't realise I was dealing with poor 16 year negro children.

Money hasn't even crossed my mind once in my life. Don't give a toss about it. Always had enough to pay for the things I want. Don't want or need anymore.

If I needed to be a millionaire, I'd be one.
>>
>>67483205
>not going to 'prove' myself to someone on 4chan lad

yep because you're a bullshitting UK faggot spending your spare time "taking the piss out" of people on /sp/

good day sir
>>
>>67481057
the difference is negligible you retarded britshit
>>
>>67483221
Really? Because all I see is boxingfags getting BTFO time after time after time.

It's been the same all week.
>>
>>67483231
>still better than you.
>>
>>67483245
don't get angry senpai just up your game.
>>
>>67483245
No. Its been everyone laughing at you all week.
>>
>>67483244
>MMA hits harder
"NO IT DOESN'T!!!!"
>Yeah it does you utter bellend
"NO WAY, BOXING GLOVES ARE TO PROTECT THE WEARER!!!! LOOK AT THIS VIDEO!!"
>Video demonstrates MMA wins
"YEAH YOU'RE RIGHT BUT IT'S NEGLIGIBLE!!!!!"

Can't make this shit up. You're basically saying "Yes, I am retarded and wrong, but I'm not THAT retarded and wrong... only slightly.."
>>
>>67483280
>>67483245
>>67483275
shut the fuck up >>67483167
>>
>>67483289
>one (You)
>>
>>67483231
>Money hasn't even crossed my mind once in my life
yet here you are bragging about your income on an anonymous message board
>>
>conors eyes are closing up
>he panics hard
>throws a double leg takedown
>floyd falls awkwardly from unfamiliarity of being picked up
>floyd breaks his forearm and collarbone
>sues mcgregor for millions
>>
>>67483289
one you my American friend
>>
>>67483280
>same MMA faggot punches with different gloves
>only a slight difference between them
>LEL MMA IS BETTER BOXERS BTFO LMAO
>>
Ok, heres one for you guys?

Mayweather vs Khabib Nurmagomedov

MMA rules BUT they have to wear boxing gloves.
>>
>>67483302
Because you autists seem to care so much about it.
>>
>>67483398
Nurm.

Better question

Mayweather vs literally any UFC fighter from the past or present in a boxing match, only with no gloves, no referees and no judges decisions. Just fight to knock-out.
>>
>>67483431
Mayweather by a lot.
>>
>>67483458
Wrong. Try again.

Hint: Remember, hugs and running won't save him. Nor will racking up 100 feather-touch taps and muh shoulder roll.
>>
>>67483431
Mark Hunt, Jon Jones or Stefan Struve would murder him. Especially Hunt who can take a gigantic beating.

They'd punch Mayweathers arms and shoulders till Mayweather would be incapable of keeping them up. If he went in for a clinch on Hunt it would be horrible to watch.
>>
>>67483231
lol you are so fucking pathetic WOW
>>
>Rousey: Fuck you Mayweather why not beat on me! I'd beat his ass
>Dana: Yep..she's a dangerous girl hehehe
>Rouseys head gets kicked off
>literally says nothing anymore to Mayweather

Why do people keep bringing up Connor when he got his ass whopped by a guy that hasn't even fought in a long ass time and was suppose to be an easy win?
>>
>>67461543
Sweet, a new meme.
>>
>>67483575
>Especially Hunt who can take a gigantic beating.

it's like his dad never left
>>
>>67482676
He beats up his woman, he has his entourage beat up people who piss him off. His own son calls him a coward.

He dragged Pacman's name through the mud when it was actually him doing the doping and cheating the system.

But no, there's absolutely no chance in hell that Conor or Rousey or any woman on the planet could last even a single round against him, boxing or MMA.
>>
>>67484017
>But no, there's absolutely no chance in hell that Conor or Rousey or any woman on the planet could last even a single round against him, boxing or MMA.

Sorry but this is delusional as fuck. Boxing yes. MMA he gets his ass handed to him.
>>
>boxingfags think you can counter grappling with punching

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>67482829
Toney didn't train a lick, he was old, wildly out of shape, and he was fighting a legend who was scared shitless of his punching power, he lay and prayed the whole match, and I'm a huge Randy Couture fan.

Conor McGregor has no wrestling skill, which was Couture's specialty. Conor would have to stand up and trade. He couldn't stand up and trade with a scrub like Nate Diaz who only had 2 weeks to train before the match.
>>
>>67482676
I hate him because he ducks fighters and called himself on the greatest of all time, which just shits on all the truly great boxers who came before him.

He is a coward and doesnt deserve to be called a champ when he as ducked as many fights as he has. Only people that take all challengers can be called champion.
>>
>>67459344
is that the star of david
>>
>>67484061
Mcgregor has no ground skills.

No woman could beat Floyd in MMA period. Stop falling for the Dana hype train, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>67484267
>Mcgregor has no ground skills.
1. Yes he does
2. Perhaps not compared to ELITE mixed martial artists, he doesn't, but compared to someone who isn't in the game at all, he is elite.

>No woman could beat Floyd in MMA period
Embarrassing yourself now.
>>
>>67484345
Listen, if you had said someone truly skilled, and not just a product of the UFC hype machine, like Khabib, then yeah... I could see Floyd losing in an MMA match to an MMA fighter.

McGregor is just not very good. He had trouble with Siver, got rekt by Mini Mendes before he threw the fight on Dana's dime, scored a fluke flash KO against Aldo, and got absolutely stomped and embarrassed by Diaz. Dude was literally slapping him in the face.
>>
>>67484345

dude why do you even believe this person?

clearly mcgregor has ground skills, mendes isn't no chump, he's a classic roidy stocky wrestle fuck fighter

and before someone memes you "durrrr 2 week camp" about mendes, mendes doesn't get fat, and he's wrestled for like 20 years, it would take a solid year off everything active for him to be out of shape
>>
File: cmon.png (286 KB, 366x340) Image search: [Google]
cmon.png
286 KB, 366x340
>A rumor fueled by United Kingdom tabloid "The Sun" suggested that a potential fight between retired boxing kingpin Floyd Mayweather and UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor was close to being made. Although there was no truth to the rumor

>Although there was no truth to the rumor
>>
>>67484345
>this limey is so cucked, that he defies nature and tens of thousands of years of the same result.

Women = zero chance. The average man would absolutely annihilate any MMA woman too, let along Floyd Mayweather Jr.
>>
GGG is more exciting than literally anyone in MMA right now although MMA is more exciting overall.
>>
>>67484537
Sergey Kovalev is the most entertaining fighter in the game.
>>
>>67483431
better question
mayweather vs big show
>>
>>67484118
Pacqiuao ducked Mayweather and drug testing. Maybe if the pinoy wasn't afraid of needles it would have happened sooner
>>
>>67484147
no goy it's just a fun new logo
Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.