[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>american sports teams wins three championships in a row
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 14287742439.png (198 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
14287742439.png
198 KB, 550x535
>american sports teams wins three championships in a row

"DINASTY!!!! ONE OF THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME!"

>european sports team wins three championships in a row

"LOL. yuros cant into parity. Boring"
>>
american sports teams never win three championships in a row except in floorsqueak which is a joke
>>
>american "sports"

nice try, alberto
>>
>one rarely happens
>one happens very frequently
>but they are the same to me
nice one

the last time a football team won 3 championships in a row was never
the last time a baseball team did it was in the late 90s with one of the GOAT teams of all time
the last time a basketball team did it was also in the late 90s with the GOAT player of all time
don't know shit about hockey but i doubt it's happened for a while

meanwhile, the last time it happened in the EPL was in 2009, the last time it happened in la liga was 2011, and the last time it happened in the bundesliga and serie a was literally this year

>yuropeean """""""""""parity"""""""""
>>
Your league has had only 3 different champions for decades right?That's lame as fuck
>>
>>67416359
im eager to hear OPs response to this
>>
>>67416359
Since 1993 the Champions League has never had two same winners in a row. Patriots won 3 championships in 4 years. What do you call that? Dinasty or Boring?

Dortmund had one of the best seasons in their history this year. Maybe Bayern won because.... they are pretty good?
>>
Parity is a bogus concept to begin with. Clubs able to attract the most capital should be allowed to spend it in signings and wages. Anyways, it's pretty stupid to compare demographically different countries when discussing this particular issue; the US has a good deal of big cities despite the predominance of New York and Los Angeles, but this is not necessarily the case of most European countries.
>>
>>67416532
lol he goes to the champions league now. hahaha

Benfica and Porto. zzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>67416556
Sensible post Spainbro
>>
>>67416532
i mean the champions league has far, far more entrants than any domestic american sports league, but way to move the goalposts man!

the early 2000s patriots were one of the greatest teams of all time, with one of the greatest QBs of all time and a top head coach of all time, and they STILL couldn't win a league of 30 teams 3 years in a row

meanwhile, 3 different european leagues with 20+ participants have had the same champion for the past 3 years, and every single major european league has had a 3peat since the patriots won 3 in 4

so basically you're retarded and grasping at straws to defend the fact that european leagues are won pretty consistently by whoever has the most money
>>
>>67416532
hasnt juventus won serie a like 5 times in a row now. and in the last 15 years of la liga either barca or real madrid won 12 out of the 15 times. and in the last 15 years of bundesliga either dortmund or bayern have won 14 out of the last 15
>>
>>67416681
If you want to see a huge joke, go look at Portgual, Greece and Serbia and their champions. Talk about boring
>>
>mfw a poortuguese shitposter tries to talk about """""""""parity""""""""" near me
>>
>>67416384
Yeah football need communism like the american sports that'll fix it
>>
>>67416359
>the last time a basketball team did it was also in the late 90s with the GOAT player of all time

Lakers did it in the 2000's, also one of the GOAT teams
>>
>>67416359
>basketball
>late 90s

Who are the 2000-02 Lakers?
>>
>>67416724
lmao olympiacos won 14 out of the last 15, in serbia the same 2 teams have won since 1992 besides 1997, and benfica or porto won the last 15 years holy FUCK
>>
>>67416787
How can you honestly defend that though? Only 1 team had won it since 1946 outside the big 3.
>>
>>67416812
Go look at their league tables right now. Olympiacos and Red Star had the league won months in advance
>>
>>67416359
>the last time a football team won 3 championships in a row was never
Green Bay won the first two Super Bowls and an NFL Championship the year prior.
>>
>>67416797
>>67416808
wew i can't believe i forgot about them, i'm losing it
still they had two top 20-30 players of all time, depending on where you rank shaw and kobr, a GOAT coach, and a pinch of refball to smooth things out
>>67416887
PSG won the french league in like march or something lmao
>>
>>67416109
its because the US team didn't accomplish that by simply having a higher payroll than their competitors desu.
>>
File: image.jpg (188 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188 KB, 1024x640
I'll take one-year dynasties for $800, Alex
>>
>>67416920
>>67416887
that sounds so boring for fans. even if my favorite team won months in advance id be so bored the rest of the season
>>
Happens very, very, very rarely in American sports which is why it's such a big deal

Manchester Untited won 13 out of 21 years. Whatever way you want to slice it that's beyond ridiculous
>>
>>67416956
This. American sports teams can only repeat/threepeat etc if they are very good. European teams can just buy everyone. I emphatically stress that this is not only in European soccer, but also in other sports.
>>
>>67416956
>America literally praising communism

LÉL
É
L
>>
>>67419034
The buying championships method used to work in Major League Baseball with the old playoff system, but not so much these days. It still gives you a slight advantage in baseball but you still need to know what you're doing. Just throwing all of your money at the most well known players doesn't really work
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.