[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did his offense get so shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 350x254
When did his offense get so shit?
>>
>>67411189
It didn't....what are you talking about?
>>
>>67411784
>striking out over 30% as a team
>tuloshitzki and martshit hitting under .200 for the season with an OBP under .300
>>
>>67411189
Its been better lately, and will even out come the 80-100 game mark, he just had a bad start to the year. I think he was trying to hard to sit on pitches and work pitchers and not enough on just making contact. I'd like to see him getting on top of more heaters.

Also everyone in the league has figured out that he can crush anything above his waist, so they're all pitching him low constantly.
>>
>>67411894
hes staring down fastballs down the middle and swining on breaking balls off the plate

the article on autismgraphs was right his reaction time is declining and he cant recognize pitches
>>
>>67411189
When you age you lose your ability to hit for average and you need to have. A lot of power or plate discipline to make up for it. Tulo has always stroked out a lot and his power is only good for a ss.
>>
>>67412013
playing in coors definitely helped as well
>>
>>67411993
That could be, but I still think he's good enough to adjust. And even if he has to be dropped to the bottom of the order, his defence still makes up for it. This guy is a ballplayer through and through, its not like a flash in the pan or gimmicky-type player we're talking about, he can hit anyway you slice it, whether defensively, as a setup man, whatever
>>
>>67412078
he did much better using saunders bat last game instead of his own so maybe a lighter bat would help his timing
>>
>>67411870
I was thinking of the other guy, you know, Donaldson, and they don't even look anything alike :/
Please forgive for being retarded, I just woke up and I'm half asleep. Yeah I don't know what happened to Tulowitzki. I thought last season was a fluke but his stats this year are alarmingly bad. I don't know. Maybe he's off the roids?
>>
It's weird, because he was hitting over .300 right before he was traded to the jays. Since then he's been hovering around .200

I know this sounds ridiculous but is there something about the thin air in Colorado? It's just such a drastic dip that happened EXACTLY when he was traded

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/tulowtr01.shtml
>>
>>67412498
Nigga can't handle the oxygen
>>
>>67412059
Toronto's field is pretty easy to hit home runs in too though
>>
>>67412554
>>67412560
>>67412059

its not that though, he literally cannot see pitches, its not a contact problem, hes laying off fastballs dead center of the zone and swinging on fucking garbage thats either a strikeout or weak groundout

hes hit homeruns, the power isnt a problem, he just cant recognize pitches anymore
>>
>>67412498
its not at all ridiculous, denver inflates batting averages for sure. Also the kind of team he's on, they aren't really stealing bases, or playing smallball at all, and the players are given such long leashes in terms of hitting for power. The jays are going to lead the league in strikeouts while at the same time getting tons of dingers as long as they have the core that they do. Their entire strategy breaks down to having solid starting pitching and swinging for the fences early to bury teams before the bullpen comes out
>>
>>67412718
Averages get inflated at your field too, your team has one of the highest BABIP in the league
>>
>>67412788
thats true but not as much I dont think. I do think it has more to do with tulo just not hitting to his potential than it does what ballpark he's in, but its still a factor
>>
>>67411189
He played for Colorado. That should tell you when and why.
>>
>>67413192
Agree, ballpark doesnt matter for the truly great hitters. He'll figure it out.
>>
>>67412788
That has a lot to do with their turf I believe, expectations on how a ball will bounce are not valid there

Also balls that would be a simple flyball in other stadiums are a hr there
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.