[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do we fix this sport?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: hockey.jpg (187 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
hockey.jpg
187 KB, 1600x1000
how do we fix this sport?
>>
Allow more fighting
>>
>>67399688

Change absolutely nothing because it is a great sport
>>
Make the puck bigger so it's easier to follow on the screen.
>>
Relocate some failing Sun Belt teams to more traditional markets (Milwaukee, Seattle, Toronto, Quebec). Also, slightly bigger ice surface to allow for more open play.
>>
nothing to fix poor boy. if you cant afford the gear you can always play povertyball
>>
>>67399748
No we don't want plebs to get into the sport.

Stick to your commercialball and divegrass.
>>
>>67401218
this, more emphasis on skill.
>>
Make it so that you can't dump the puck behind the goalie.
Give the ice more curves, so that it's wider in some areas, and thinner in others.
>>
More goals
>>
>>67401278
Do you realize how retarded changing the shape of the rink like that would be? Either go international size or nothing.
>>
Make it so you can see the ball.
>>
put the players in cars.
>>
Shrink goalie pad size because it's been out of control for years

Go to international size rinks
>>
>>67399688
More muscley black men
>>
Use ball
>>
TAKE THE "LUCK" OUT OF LUCKPUCK. BIGGER NETS, BIGGER PADS.
>>
>>67401218
I've always wantes to see how nhl teams would play on international rinks. Would be neat
>>
Icing if you ice the puck on the PK.
>>
It's already GOAT now fuck off were full
>>
it would be far better on a rink at least 2x bigger, make it less chaotic and luck based.
I guess it's not feasible though, so it's pretty much unfixable

also wider nets
>>
>>67402135
dude do you realize how much energy it takes to play?
>>
>>67401854
nah, too much extra stoppage: how about add 15 seconds of penalty time each time it's iced
>>
>get rid of pointless east/west conference division that creates no drama
>teams are now divided into USA and Canadian conferences
>equal number of teams for both countries
>the finals will always be a competition between an American and a Canadian team
>this will fuel the rivialry between the two countries and get more Americans watching because of muh patriotism
>Canadian teams will have a better chance to win a cup than before

There, I fixed your sport guys.
>>
Make the goalie's pads bigger. I don't think they're quite big enough lmao.

Fucking absurd.
>>
>>67402181
Won't work, penalty killing is already tiring as fuck, that'll just guarantee a goal every powerplay, making less teams willing to take penalties, pussifying the sport. All the icing sucks, but the idea is that 5v4 is already a HUGE advantage if you know how to use solid offensive zone passing and movement.
>>
bigger ice is bad

look at the olympics, you have NHL players but all they do is clog the lanes even more in front of the goalie and circles. yeah it's faster because muh zone entry but that's it

change goalie equipment size and you'll increase scoring, if you fuck with the net any more it's not the same
>>
>>67402151
If soccer players can run for an entire game, these guys should be able to for half the distance, given all the gliding.
>>
>>67402204
Even if they could be bigger lots of goalies wouldn't make them much larger, it would decrease mobility. It's kinda the same with the lmao just put a sumo in net, snipers will find that one hole eventually, better to be able to react fast enough than cover more space.
>>
>>67402222
>gliding

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt cause of your flag, but there isn't much gliding in pro hockey maybe at peewee, but if you were gliding then its obvious why you never even made one of the many minor league teams.
>>
>>67402151
lose a period then, >muh 3 periods

also if it was bigger the game would be a lot slower, which is kind of what I'm going for here, it would be a lot more about passing and build-up

also new offside rule only offside if the puck recipient gets the puck in the offensive zone from a pass that came from behind the half. so no one can just park by the goalie and get a pass from their defense when they steal the puck, if that makes sense

I'm talking a shit ton bigger here, not just olympics barely bigger

anyway, it'll be pretty much an entirely different sport. more like soccer I guess, but on ice, and with sticks. Soccer also sucks though so I guess there's really nothing to be done here
>>
File: 1460689139350.gif (2 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
1460689139350.gif
2 MB, 360x202
Go back to wood sticks. Then limit the equipment so you can't kill a guy with it make it more like it used to be, like rugby where no one wears pads
>>
>>67399688
Give Ottawa a real owner
>>
>>67402186
>Ottawa would be the finalist this year

wew
>>
>>67402403
They wear pads to protect from falling on the ice and going into the boards at car crash speeds
>>
>>67402403
>like rugby where no one wears pads
when will this argument die off. The reason why rugby players don't wear pads is because a - they can't leave their feet to launch a hit on a player and b - they have to target the lower body or face severe penalties. The hits aren't as bad injury wise in rugby for these reasons, and is why pads aren't used.
>>
Why do hockey players get so violent?

Does holding a big long wooden stick remind players of their tiny dicks?
>>
>>67402494
Its what happens when grown men play a grown man's game. Don't be a pussy
>>
>>67402519

>random violence is being a real man

You're fucking retarded, if they wanted to fight wouldn't they join a fighting sport like MMA/boxing?
>>
Multipuck
>>
>>67402485
Sounds like you've never played high level hockey, man. Play right and you don't need pads at all
>>
>>67402764
Sounds like you haven't. I played minor league and broke my clavicle playing without pads. Ended my very short career. Pro wear leaner pads, but they still wear them aside from MAYBE a cup.
>>
>>67402275
It doesn't work like that, more ice will make shifts shorter because you are covering more distance, or cause more coasting which makes the game lame. The game is great as is, go watch a game in person and say otherwise. I will concede its shit on TV, but thats only because new viewers focus on the puck rather than the player's movement. The dudes playing don't even look at the puck much aside from receiving a pass and positioning for defense.
>>
>>67402534
Le obviously never watched a hockey game in his life poster
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.