[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>some legia warsawa admin officer messes up a couple of documents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 2594__7341__sakho_h&s.jpg (56 KB, 263x268) Image search: [Google]
2594__7341__sakho_h&s.jpg
56 KB, 263x268
>some legia warsawa admin officer messes up a couple of documents and forgets to register a player
>scoreline gets changed to 3-0 loss, team gets knocked out of European competition
>everyone suffers

>real madrid admin guy is not informed of an obscure suspension from a previous season from a player who was on a different team
>team kicked out of entire competition straight away
>everyone suffers

>player who actually plays the game and has plenty of medical staff around for advice gets caught doping on the day of a match
>literal deliberate cheating to gain an advantage
>nothing happens to the team
>one person suffers

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>67384324
No idea, but it happened at Dinamo Zagreb v. Arsenal too. Someone who played in the game got caught on doping, nothing changed.
>>
>>67384336
That guy got banned from football for 4 years too.

He was taking HGH or some shit, far worse than sakho.
>>
>>67384336
Yeah I'm not saying it's a Liverpool only thing

Just that UEFA/FIFA punishments don't make sense
>>
>>67384357
>>67384379
I know, was just giving another example of this season.

I'll bet they'll put administrative errors down as team responsibility, whilst players doping is probably "too unfair" to punish a whole team for it or some shit like that.
>>
>>67384379
They're crooked organizations lad, this shit still surprises you?
>>
>>67384410
I think this is actually correct though. I think at least two players need to be caught before the team is punished
>>
Missing LovSak desu
>>
>>96
>>
File: 1461187542615.jpg (52 KB, 600x518) Image search: [Google]
1461187542615.jpg
52 KB, 600x518
>>
>>67384420
I know, but how does this benefit them at all? Crooked doesn't necessarily mean incompetent
>>
File: 1461878304592.jpg (34 KB, 504x450) Image search: [Google]
1461878304592.jpg
34 KB, 504x450
>>
>>67384458
Liverpool is guaranteed to bring in that €€€€
>>
>>67384473
And real madrid aren't?
>>
>>67384324
the worst thing about that legia mishap is that the ineligible player came on as a sub for 4 minutes or something at the end of the game when the goals had already been scored.
>>
>>67384324
He played 6 games under the influence of doping.
>>
because ineligible players is the clubs fault whereas doping is the players fault, the player's career gets completely fucked if they get caught (sakho is probably gone from lfc now)

is dumb though, uefa should just take responsibility for making sure no banned players play instead of trying to stop fans booing their shitty anthem
>>
>>67384324
Because doping the most taboo topic in football.
Every time some cyclists or olympic athletes get busted the media creates a huge buzz but as soon as football comes into play they all shut up about it.
Same thing happened with Fuentes and the British doctor who got exposed recently.
Nobody wants the illusion of football as a pure sport destroyed because too much money is on the line.
>>
>>67384617
Both are employees of the club. One is a lot better paid and influential than the other. Why not set an example so clubs monitor their players internally too? Right now clubs can have a "dont ask dont tell" approach to their players doping and not face consequences.

Even worse, only 2 players get tested when they decide to randomly drug test. Talk about laziness
>>
>>67384324
The answer is actually quite simple.

Had they punished the entire club, they would officially admit that the problem of doping in football exists and that it's serious.

By only suspending the player, they can pretend they did their job while maintaining the image of football as a 'beautiful game'.
>>
didn't he just took a fat burner? That's nothing too fancy, isn't it?
>>
>>67384430
I think they've mentioned that when that Dinamo Zagreb-player got banned.

>>67384617
You could argue that a player that dope falls under the club's responsibility in the same way a player misbehaving on the pitch during a game sees a club get fined for failing to control him.
>>
>>67384671

they dont let clubs test, clubs would probably love to be able to test their own players, but they cant

thats the deal, clubs dont test, dont get punished if one player is caught

if clubs could test UEFA are scared they would be able to develop their own doping programs
>>
>>67384774
Oh I didn't mean clubs should test. I mean clubs should be encouraged to keep an eye on what their players eat and stuff
>>
The Legia one was the worst. Turning one result into a 3-0 win to Celtic put them through on aggregate.

Funny as fuck watching them get knocked out of Europe 3 teams in one season though.
>>
>cholo simeone could dope every player in his squad
>win easily
>3 players get caught, suspended for few matches, still won the cup
>>
>>67386731
I don't think it's possible to ever have 3 players get caught. Don't they "randomly" test one player from each team?
>>
Stupid OP doesn't even know the rules.

In almost every competition, the team isn't punished unless 2 or more of its players are caught in the anti-doping test in the same season.
>>
>>67384430
At least three. But after two they start testing more frequently.
>>
>>67384324
Fucking Manky bastard.

Why don't you complain about the doping scandal surrounding Lance Armstrong in MADRID?

All those samples of other sports players destroyed, samples from La Liga players.

But football is too big in Lel Liga and Manchester to criticize, huh?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.