[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wait, so british fans actually sit down and stay quiet most of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: PAY-Everton-v-Arsenal[1].jpg (79 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
PAY-Everton-v-Arsenal[1].jpg
79 KB, 615x409
wait, so british fans actually sit down and stay quiet most of the time during games?

laughing SO HARD at brits
>>
http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/soccers-deadliest-fans-the-troubled-world-of-brazils-organizadas-20140528
>>
File: mlb_-_selfie.0.0.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
mlb_-_selfie.0.0.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>
>>67376090
but I'm serious. Why is this common in England? It seems like there's no passion at all
>>
>>67376220
i'd guess about 350 of the 380 premier league games a season are like this.
>old fans who have had season tickets for decades
>expensive tickets keeping out the loud passionate youngsters
>no standing rules thanks to hillsborough (hopefully this gets reversed now that they proved it was the police's fault not standing's fault)
>bunch of emotionless foreigners playing each other means there's nobody to root for on a personal level
>>
>>67376048
>sit quietly and civilised and watch the best players in the world
or
>jump around and make noise like monkeys with aids and watch monkeys with aids play a third world version of tiki taka
>>
and slipperpoo ruining everything as usual
>>
>>67376048
Yeah how embarrassing. They don't pee into bags and throw them at the opposing players.
>>
I'd make a comment but right now there are 7 replies and 1 image and I don't want to mess with those numbers.
>>
>>67376220
>Why is this common?

Hillsborough and the Taylor Report ended standing sections in English Stadiums. It also led to a conscious effort to make the top level a "middle class" sport, basically encouraging attendance of British people who treat going to a soccer game the way that ghetto/white trash people in America treat going to a movie: talk, play on your phone, and occasionally clap when something cool happens.
>>
>>67376220
because of 'illsbreh you're not allowed to stand at matches
>>
Ive only ever been the a league 1 game, never higher than that. Is a big game the same in that you have some fat bloke near you with a pie going on about how they've gone down hill since the 80s and then you just Stan and cheer for 8 seconds during a goal?
>>
>>67380704
TOPKEK
>>
>>67382556
I don't understand that one. It wasn't because of standing, it was because they were caged in.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.