[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MLB team when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: Flag_of_Cuba.png (32 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Cuba.png
32 KB, 2000x1000
MLB team when?
>>
>>67370248
Unfortunately probably not for at least 15 years
>>
hopefully never
>>
name?
how about Havana Redbeards?
>>
File: _aptn_us_cuba_ship.jpg (703 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
_aptn_us_cuba_ship.jpg
703 KB, 1600x900
>>67370275
>first cruise ship in 40+ years arrived this week

THINK AGAIN
>>
Hopefully within 10 years. It'll never happen, but hopefully the Rays relocate there since its literally right there. Marlins wont move because new stadium.
>>
>>67370433
The Cuban Angels of Havana
>>
México City will get a team before these island niggers
>>
>>67370471
It's not soo much that as much as it is actually getting it done

>Needing a wealthy Cuban to actually create a franchise
>Needing to convince the league to allow them entrance
>needing to convince the PA that Cuba is a safe place
>needing to convince the Cuban government to allow a team to be created
>needing to ensure that all Cuban born players just all don't leave their current teams to play for the Cuban team
>>
>>67370471
I despise cruise ships with a passion
>>
>>67370622
>Needing a wealthy Cuban to actually create a franchise
Incorrect, the owner can be from anywhere.
>Needing to convince the league to allow them entrance
If there's money to be made, you just need a majority votefrom existing owners.
>needing to convince the PA that Cuba is a safe place
For who? Only Cubans are going to games, all the players are rich as fuck, they'll stay in luxury hotels.
>needing to convince the Cuban government to allow a team to be created
Like they wouldn't want in on that $$$ opportunity
>needing to ensure that all Cuban born players just all don't leave their current teams to play for the Cuban team
That is not how contracts work, senpai.
>>
>>67370660
Why m8? You hate fun or something?
>>
>>67370660
WELP then I guess you won't be going to Cuba anytime soon.
>>
>>67371379
>Incorrect, the owner can be from anywhere.
Illegal for non Cubans to own property in Cuba.
>>
>>67371420
>property
Don't underestimate slimy businessmen, pham. They'll lease the land from some farmer for $1 a day or some shit. There's loopholes for everything.
>>
>>67370660
>>67371411
>>67371413
>mobile 5-star hotel with multiple night clubs and a dozen bars
Yes, he hates fun.
>cruise line = fathom
>new cruise line for "socially conscious cruising"
.... wait a minute......
>>
>>67370471

this makes me sad
>>
>>67371737
>Spain
You jealous they're gonna take your business or something?
>>
not happening, cubans don't have the money to support an MLB team. tickets would have to be dirt cheap in comparison and the tv deals would be miniscule. No owners would agree to have to completely support some third world

shitter team

maybe in 40 years
>>
Cubans are too fucking poor to support a Major League team. The lowest average ticket price in MLB is the Diamondbacks at $18.53, the highest is the Red Sox at $54.79
>>
Why are Cubans and Dominicans so good at baseball?
>>
>>67371709
>>67371709
Foreigners literally cannot buy land in Cuba.
>>
>>67371709
yeah, because the Govt isn't going to notice the fucking multi-billion dollar stadium built on some poor farmers land.
>>
>>67371729
>socially conscious cruising
what the fuck?
>>
>>67371778
>>67371779
>They already forgot when the Nats/Expos played games in Puerto Rico
>>
>>67371841
>>67371841
I know.

So Chad Templeton leases it from Jose Garcia for twenty bucks and a case of Corona. This is called a "loophole."
>>
>>67370248
>Cuba having an mlb team before Puerto Rico
>>
>>67371936
puerto rico is far wealthier than cuba faggot. not nearly a full season anyway

>>67371802
cubans aren't that great desu. not compared to venezuelans and dominicans at least
and those fags are good because they're raised through MLB camps

>>67371968
Puerto Rico is so far though
>>
>>67371879
*checks wikipedia*

>Carnival announced Fathom's establishment on June 4, 2015.Beginning in April 2016, Fathom will operate what Carnival calls “social impact travel” journeys lasting seven days from PortMiami, Florida, to the Dominican Republic. The journeys will include volunteer activities with established organizations on the ground. Carnival reassigned the MV Adonia to Fathom as its first ship.

SJWs have a navy now, motherfuckers.
>>
>>67371968
>>67372021
>how rich they are
That won't last now that the borders are open again. Just like Nixon opening China, there is money to be made and rich people willing to bend morally to make it.
>>
>>67371936
Puerto Rico is the wealthiest nation in the Caribbean and part of the US. There's no comparison with Cuba.

Besides it's only a few MLB games a year that get played in PR.
>>
>>67372163
>nation
>part of the U.S.

Literally pick one.
>>
>>67370248
Maybe when all citizens get access to running water and electricity.
>>
>>67372303
Nation not country you sperg.
>>
>>67372356
Nation = country.

Yes, I'm sure you're about to post some obscure bit of internet trivia as to why that's not correct, but the generally agreed upon definition of "nation" is closer to "country" than to "culture" so fuck off.
>>
>>67372418
>i'm wrong so i'll sperg out that'll show him

Nations do not necessarily live within a single country; however, a nation-state is a nation which has the same borders as a State.

A country can by synonymous with a nation, but in the context I was using it's not.
>>
>>67372538
>according to this context I just made up.

There are no nation-states, this isn't Ancient Greece.

Puerto Rico is a territory. If we're assigning nation status based on unique culture then I have some bad news about Alabama.
>>
File: fidel-castro-sm.jpg (19 KB, 281x228) Image search: [Google]
fidel-castro-sm.jpg
19 KB, 281x228
>mfw
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.