[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Americans on /sp/ hate soccer so much? It's a rather
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11
File: 1461694535648.jpg (86 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461694535648.jpg
86 KB, 1280x720
Why do Americans on /sp/ hate soccer so much? It's a rather entertaining sport to watch. The atmosphere is fucking awesome and it seems the teams that /sp/ judges the sport on are teams that euro /sp/ hates too.
Why not give the sport a chance?
>>
>>67363196
Half the posts in any given Premier League or Champions League match thread are made by Americans.
>>
please watch our sport
>>
>>67363211
I do
>>
>>67363196
It's a mediocre simplistic game

It's okay, but the rest of the world worships it for no good reason. Most Americans only talk shit about it because all of the shit other countries talk about the US, even if it's understandable
>>
>>67363211

let me tell you about the sport you guys invented:

1 - we are good at it

2 - you're not

thank you.
>>
>>67363211
Only because I actually like bongland

I do plan on vacationing to bongland one of these days? Any lesser known spots that I should consider visiting anon?
>>
>>67363255
>let me tell you about the sport you guys invented:
>1 - we are good at it
>2 - you're not

Best regards,
Spain, Argentina, Germany, Netherlands, Brazil, France, Italy, Belgium and Chile
>>
>>67363285
Stop, you're making bongs look bad
>>
>>67363196
Hard to cheer for a international team
Domestic league is a joke
Champions in International leagues are picked by whoever has the most points which with the exception to lc kills excitement because you can essentially clinch the championship 4-5 weeks before the end of the season
In fact Leicester did it in what 2 weeks before the end?

Also the flailing around over a slight breeze is ridiculous and as NBA has proven is not welcomed by American audiences

Our players didn't cry like bitches in the WC but robben changed match and the future of the Mexican team by diving
>>
>>67363211
> mandatory "water breaks" every 15 minutes for televised commercial breaks
> Half time shows on the pitch
> The pitch is now called a field
> Kits are called jerseys
> Beyonce singing the US national anthem
> Blue Angles buzzing the stadium
> Cheerleaders
> Instant replay
> Golden Goals
> Playoffs
> American teams in the finals
> The world cup every year, renamed "The annual Microsoft Fed-Ex Coca-Cola Budwieser Cup sponsored by Golden Coral"

Are you really sure you want us to embrace your sport?
>>
>>67363398
They have had the bottom part forever now

It was introduced to us not the other way around
>>
it's a meme you dip
>>
File: slags.jpg (152 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
slags.jpg
152 KB, 640x480
>>67363456
is it hard work being that stupid or is it innate?
>>
>>67363255
That would be because that is literally the only thing your nation CAN be good at.

I guess you're world class at bull-killing too :^)
>>
>>67363506
You're pretending to be retarded right? Euro leagues have had advertising jerseys , tourney, etc forever now
>>
I don't hate it. I just don't care.
>>
File: city of you.png (293 KB, 620x443) Image search: [Google]
city of you.png
293 KB, 620x443
>>67363550
The world cup is not every year, an American team has never been in the final, European leagues do not have a playoff, international competition does not use a golden goal rule, and no soccer game has ever been stopped for an instant replay.

Those items are the "bottom part" of my post and your reading comprehension is 0/10
>>
>>67363285
>Netherlands
Make that the cat wise
>>
>>67363610
Well there's the championship which does have a playoff

And the domestic leagues can be thought of like conferences and the champions league is the playoff, and the euro league is like the wild card for the following years playoff

And new teams for each conference every year always add more excitement and drama

Next complaint?
>>
>>67363610
So that is how you excuse your retardation ? Bottoms part"s"?

Nice reading comprehension

I know you're bright red of embarrassment now so delete your post before someone else laughs at your pathetic state
>>
File: soccer euros.png (143 KB, 1089x2135) Image search: [Google]
soccer euros.png
143 KB, 1089x2135
Because I cant talk about soccer without euraboos or eurocucks steaming MLELS IS A JOKE and how badly it sucks.

I dont go to ice hockey games in australia and complain how they are not to NHL standards
>>
File: 10_tomatina1.png (548 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
10_tomatina1.png
548 KB, 600x400
>>67363535

sports aside where we are top 5 in almost every relevant shit there is, Spain is the healthiest country in europe, best climate in the world, awesome food, best girls, etc
>>
>>67363704
except for the unemployment corruption and niggers ie the relevant shits
>>
>>67363726

we don't need jobs, we have germany's money.
>>
I watch MLS, BPL, and International soccer. I also enjoy watching NFL and NCAAF when it's in season. What now faggots?
>>
>>67363747
Oh yeah and that's a long term solution huh
>>
>0-0ball
>>
>>67363704
I don't have any images to argue that last point about best girls yet but I would have to give the best girls award to Peru anon.

Of all countries I have seen women from Peru have by far been the nicest and prettiest of the lot
>>
>>67363690
Pic is true, but to be fair we do the same thing to some extent with our sports
>>
>>67363750
Have you come out to your parents yet?
>>
>>67363760

it is and you know it.
>>
>>67363340
LC winning the domestic league early doesnt kill excitement because teams are still fighting for champions league spots, champions league seeding, a Europa League spot, and teams fighting to get out of relegation. Nothing else is set.

Leicester still has to play in the Champions League which is basically a "playoffs" involving all of Europe
>>
>>67363270
Windermere
>>
>>67363196
it's shit
>>
>>67363804
Merkel is going to snap

you had a property crisis a few years back too
>>
>>67363211
I invented and pioneered this meme and did not give you permission to use it
>>
>>67363815
This desu. Whereas if this was the USA the only things teams would be fighting for is who could out tank the rest of them because its better to do awful than ok
>>
>>67366463
shouldnt u be in bed?

>hur dur potato picking
>>
>>67363704
is it the 18th century again?

literally nobody gives a shit about your irrelevant shithole
>>
>>67366508
I'm about to sleep, just checking to see if I got any (You)s in the last few hours
>>
>>67366533
get a job mate.. no one will respect you wanking yourself silly every night
>>
>>
>>67366549
I literally earn more in a week than you do in your entire life you fucking nerd
>>
>>67366597
lol... doubt that. I earn 60ke a year. Its hard to compare wages with yey fuckers though since literally everything you buy is double cost.

Get a job mate
>>
>>67366624
>60k

Nobody cares about how many potatoes you get Padraig
>>
>>67366647
okay mohammed
>>
>>67366624
>not even on six figures

kek

KEK

K-E-K

never reply to my post again you impoverished potatofucker, there's a reason why Australia is flooded with paddy labourers escaping your shithole of a ""country""
>>
>>67366678
List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita:
11 Ireland 55,533
...powergapppp

16 Australia 47,389

KEKKKKKKKKKKKKK... we send yuou our shit like we always have!! Thanks for taking them yey cucks LOL
>>
>>67366568
damn
>>
portugal is fucking poor
>>
File: 1448265423583.jpg (8 KB, 262x263) Image search: [Google]
1448265423583.jpg
8 KB, 262x263
>>67366748

you are LITERALLY seething right now because you KNOW that I'm right.

I've struck a nerve in that tiny little brain of yours with my elite truth bombs, and this fact disturbs you greatly.

Instead of facing the truth, YOU chose to make a desperate series of statements that completely ignore the differences between the two countries and their potential for future growth in a pathetic attempt to save face, except all it's achieved is making YOU look even more pathetic than before.It's over. YOU cannot recover from this.

Every time YOU see a post with an Australian flag, YOU will become deeply troubled as you remember the verbal beatdown YOU received in this thread. YOUR heart will begin to race and the blood will pump through YOUR body, and YOU'LL make another similarly flustered post, which will only further diminish YOUR standing on /sp/

Reminder that I'm in YOUR head. Reminder I control you now, you little fucking bitch. Every reaction that YOU make is a calculated, planned reaction by ME. Whether you choose to foolishly reply, or ignore the posts like a little bitch again, YOUR status among the /sp/ community will decline

There is no way out. YOU have NEVER met anyone as dedicated as I am, and I WILL dedicate all of my attention to wiping YOU off the face of this board.Keep on digging your own grave though, you literal piece of shit.
>>
>>67366800
I aint reading your pasta poorfag. Got to bed. Youve shamed your country enough talking bollox.
>>
>>67366800
this shit is usually cancer but 10/10
>>
>>67366800
Holy shit, will Ireland EVER recover?
>>
>>67366568
HIGUITA
>>
>>67363196
I like WC soccer, but the issue I find is that I grow tired of the same teams winning the Euro leagues, and the MLS is a joke. I mean the MLS is making a push to be better, but when your sitting there watching C-level athletes fuck up half the game on the pitch it's not that much fun to watch.
The sport itself is pretty great, 45 minutes of constant match; and while not every second is necessarily action, I do find the constant gameplay to be a huge turn on. That said, there is also the issue of diving in the MLS, which is a large reason I dislike the NBA. There is nothing worse than seeing a team that is playing it's heart out lose because someone milked a penalty kick out of the ref. Hell even if they aren't playing their heart out. I hate seeing people win on bad calls and I hate penalties having such an affect on the game.
Overall I do love the sport, I just struggle to find a stage that actually draws me in. I'm relatively excited at the prospect of the MLS growing, however I do hope that they embrace a new stance on diving and several other rules(such as allowing ties. I don't understand why you would allow ties in a sport, its the most frustrating thing. If you are going to allow ties, have each team receive 0 points.)
With all of that said, this is my list of sports ranked by how fun they are to watch.
Playoff Hockey>Football>World stage Soccer>Baseball>Regular season hockey>NBA(It's shit)
>>
>>67370128
Also I fucking love Football Manager. I know it isn't really relevant, but that game is great. Helped me learn a lot more about the tactics of soccer.
>>
File: 1454252471655.jpg (58 KB, 474x548) Image search: [Google]
1454252471655.jpg
58 KB, 474x548
Why do teams so often end-up midtable in their respective leagues but end up going all the way against the bigger and more talented teams UEFA championship stages?
>>
>>67370375
Because some teams don't give a shit about lower level cups, so the mid-tier teams can move up without the big dogs caring.
>>
>>67363196
Fuck off yuroboo.
>>
>>67370410
isn't that a really shit strategy knowing how easy it is to have a star player get injured or to become complacent with one's tactics?
>>
it's all the slurping. of semen. we've been over this.
>>
>>67372262
They're*
But you should read
>>67370128
as it explains my views on why I dont like soccer as much.
>>
File: Punished_Jags_Guy.jpg (75 KB, 600x592) Image search: [Google]
Punished_Jags_Guy.jpg
75 KB, 600x592
>>67363211

Only if you support the Jaguars as your NFL team of choice.
>>
>>67370128
Dont think you watch MLS lad, desu theres like 99% less diving there compared to most leagues
>>
>>67373177
Absolutely, which is one of the reasons why the US is so non-relevant on the global stage. It's why I'm happy the MLS is gaining support ever so slowly. The ties in the MLS are still ridiculous though.
>>
>>67373261
To clarify, my point is that I hope that they were less afraid to break the traditional rules of soccer and change some of the larger issues with the premier league.
>>
>game can end in a tie
>one team can still "win" because of another game they played once

>timer counts up

>team needs a break? Just collapse and grab your leg
>>
Nobody hates soccer.

It's just the memelards.

Just like the Yuros don't really hate us. They truly love us and want us to watch their sport. Cheer up, Anon : )
>>
File: superdubs.jpg (38 KB, 301x343) Image search: [Google]
superdubs.jpg
38 KB, 301x343
>>67366800
Dubs are the icing on this kekcake
>>
>>67363196
>Why do Americans on /sp/ hate soccer so much?
For such a simple game, the rules can be stupid and often enforced very poorly.
>>
File: 1341583042530.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1341583042530.gif
2 MB, 400x225
itt: trolls trolling trolls
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.