[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
European Soccer Rules Review
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: 1340056990983.jpg (56 KB, 574x528) Image search: [Google]
1340056990983.jpg
56 KB, 574x528
So, in European soccer:

>one team can win a championship without actually playing on the day it was declared a champion

>a team can win 2-1 and still lose

>yet another team can win 1-0

Who the fuck came up with these convoluted rules?

And what other stupid soccer rules do Europeans follow?
>>
plz elaborate op,
>>
It's mad that you guys can't understand a table format and seem to think playing a whole season, finishing 8th then being allowed to win the championship is a good system.
>>
>>67360301
Why arent you in /asp/ where you belong Amerifat?
>>
>>67360301
It's not rocket science, it doesn't take a genius to comprehend the rules.

>literally math

>learn the away goal roal, it isn't that hard to comprehend

>wha?
>>
So is >american education actually not a meme and their educational system is really garbage?
>>
>>67361255
>Draw 2-2 at home
>Draw 1-1 away
>get eliminated

> lose 3-1 at home
>win 2-0 away
>get eliminated
Not hard to understand it's just retarded
>>
>>67361488
It's your autism that you don't understand the importance and difference of playing at home
>>
Whatever you think of football rules, it is no where near as retarded as american sports rules where you can be the 7th best team and be declared champion
>>
File: 1455870137002.jpg (66 KB, 480x442) Image search: [Google]
1455870137002.jpg
66 KB, 480x442
>>67361231
Do you even understand why the playoffs exist? It's to create conditions, where the margin of error is narrower than the regular season.

A straight table format of the regular season allows teams to err early and still come back in the latter portion of the season (or vice-versa). There's just not as much pressure to win, than a winner take all playoff system.

When will you fucks understand this?
>>
>>67360301
>What is a league
>HURRRRRR
>>
>>67361507
I heard England 1966 is the lowest ranked team to ever win a WC. Is that true?
>>
>>67361512
When will you fucks understand that we have a cup for that purpose and a league for the purpose of finding the best team overall?
>>
>>67361512
>There's just not as much pressure to win
Well when you stick a play-off system in there is no pressure to win at all
>>
>>67361524
>a league for the purpose of finding the best team overall

>implying the EPL actually finds the best team overall

You losers couldn't even beat a Spanish team.
>>
>>67361523
Define lowest ranked
>>
>>67361539
Yea, there is. Regular season games are important for the sake of seeding. The higher the seed, the "easier" it may be to get through the playoffs. Of course, that doesn't imply a guaranteed path to a championship.
>>
>>67361542
Do americans have such a boner for 3 letter names they have to do it to everything, even things that aren't right?
>>
File: 1439193396702.jpg (8 KB, 279x229) Image search: [Google]
1439193396702.jpg
8 KB, 279x229
>>67360301
We used to have golden goals too in 96 and 04

All in all yuros just think different to Americans I guess
>>
>>67361555
Say, how can MLS teams compete in the Champion's League?
>>
File: 1450077674517.jpg (57 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
1450077674517.jpg
57 KB, 567x561
>>67360301

Do we have to have this same shit every day? It's been explained a billion times already, so you are either trolling or just fucking thick.
>>
>>67361551
>win all your games
>win half your games
>both teams are as close to winning the title
No pressure to win or not
>>
>>67361566
You win your league then you get to lose against mexican teams
>>
>>67361542
Overall in the country you complete muppet
>>
>>67360301
>>one team can win a championship without actually playing on the day it was declared a champion
This is just the way a league system works sometimes
>a team can win 2-1 and still lose

Remember that this is over two legs, not one, so the first one they drew 2-2 over two games but one team won because they scored away from home.

However, I agree, I think away goals is a retarded rule that needs ditching.
>>
>>67360301
Yurocucks beat tfo
>>
>>67361512
>Do you even understand why the playoffs exist? It's to create conditions, where the margin of error is narrower than the regular season.

Yes because we literally have them too.
Because football isn't a meme sport we can have more than one competition, so there's knockout cups and playoffs in the lower leagues for promotion.
>>
>>67361602
>football isn't a meme sport we can have more than one competition
That's the biggest problem with having only one major sport on the European continent.
>>
>>67361858
What's the problem?
You one of these retards who want a european super league?
>>
>>67361858
we really enjoy it so I don't see a problem
having multiple tournaments is awesome
>>
>>67361876
But how do you know one competition is more relevant than another?

Of course, there's the World Cup, which overrides all of these "lesser" competitions.
>>
>>67361888
They are all relevant. A trophy is a trophy
>>
>>67361888
>Of course, there's the World Cup, which overrides all of these "lesser" competitions.
not anymore, sadly. The glory days of the World Cup were when you didn't have the Internet and some literally who country (or Brazil) suddenly shows up with some monster in the squad who forces his way into the semis at least. Nowadays we hear about 13 year old talents in Guinea and it's never a surprise
>>
>>67360301
How is the away goals rule convoluted? If 2 teams scored the same amount of goals, the one that scored more away goals go through. It's as simple as it can be.

Now, I wouldn't mind changing it, but it's fucking easy to understand.
>>
>>67361911
The biggest change needed is not to have them count after extra time
>>
>>67361918
I hate extra time anyway. It's 30 minutes of teams too scared to do anything camping out waiting for the pens. People say the golden goal was a meme but I loved the tension
>>
>>67361930
Golden goal was dumb to me, even without us getting fucked by it. It was the professional version of "k guys, last to score win the game".

Maybe go straight to penalties? fresher players would also mean higher quality in said penalties.
>>
>>67361960
If soccer used like a 5-minute shot clock, then then teams wouldn't be pressured to just sit back and fear making that fatal mistake.
>>
>>67361982
Instead they'd just be making long shots all the time just for the hell of it
>>
>>67361567
>trolling

Bingo. I was going to call OP a fat fuck just because of how lazy his baits are but damn he gets a lots of replies
>>
>>67362012
That's better than the tiki taka pass the ball in the back all the fucking time shit. Teams would be pressured to push the ball up quicker, or end up giving up the ball for free. Of course, I'd only advocate the shot clock in overtime only.
>>
>>67362031
>better than the tiki taka pass the ball in the back all the fucking time shit.
Stop watching barca or bayern then
>>
American football its easy for a team to clinch its division before the end of the season and then not have a reason to play for the following weeks because of seeding.

Basically Leicester was several games ahead of Tottenham going into Tottenham's most recent match and the only way the spurs could win the league was to win out and hope Leicester lost every match, and both of those scenarios were rather unlikely.

>oh hey look, spurs drew 2-2 against chelshit
A draw is not a win Leicester clinches the title

As for the other rules OP mentioned, away goals carry more weight than home goals atletico won the first leg 1-0 at home, buyern in the second leg scored 2 goals at home but atletico scored a goal in Munich drawing the combined score of the 2 legs at 2-2, but since atletico scored the away goal they advance because away goals are essentially a tiebreaker

In american football a 0-0 tie is legitimately possible its just never happened
In basketball games used to end 2-0 all the time before the introduction of the shotclock
In baseball you can literally go an unlimited amount of time with a 0-0 score but the game would eventually have to end with a score
In hockey a team can win 1-0 and still win.

Feel dumb yet OP
>>
>>67362118
Good explanation
>>
Hey soccer faggots.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/uefa-champions-league/cristiano-ronaldo-slam-dunks-jese-cross-into-goal-during-real-madrid-v-manchester-city/news-story/6ecfc21c39dc5eafd5142218c8557ecd

You have some explaining to do. Why is this allowed? It was clearly against the rules.

Your time for Instant Replay for Goals has come. Quite frankly, that's really embarassing for your soccer rules. Apparently, handball IS legal.
>>
itt mad yuros fall for 0/10 b8
>>
>>67362361
>You have some explaining to do. Why is this allowed? It was clearly against the rules.
please read the article you have linked to yourself
>>
>>67362387
Fine. Where the fuck was the red card?
>>
>>67362361
Tsunaldo can do what he wants.
>>
>>67362404
an offside offence is not a red card offence
>>
>>67362387
please see >>67362376 m8
>>
>>67362413
But handball in the box is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUWZuioV_DY
>>
>>67362430
You thick idiot. Whatever he did or didn't do is not relevant because the play never counted due to it being offside. In any case he wouldn't have gotten a red card because he didn't stop an opponent from a direct goalscoring chance.
>>
>>67362430
I've seen some truly retarded Americans but there's no way this guy is serious
>>
>>67362430
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This fucking guy. Some failed abortion lmao
>>
>>67360301
>>one team can win a championship without actually playing on the day it was declared a champion

We used to have the same system for baseball before the 1980s. The team with the best record at the end of the season won the American League/National League. It was pretty common for teams to win it several games before the end, sometimes without even playing on that day.
>>
>>67362430
tsuuu handballed a dead ball and asamoah gyan missed the penalty he was rewarded after this one
>>
>>67362181
Thank you bong

Its really not that complicated. We americunts are just stupid i guess
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.