[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are people so against steroids brehs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: 1433900972280.png (149 KB, 320x376) Image search: [Google]
1433900972280.png
149 KB, 320x376
why are people so against steroids brehs?
>>
>Health
>>
I don't want the game to turn into "who sucks big pharma's dick the hardest".
>>
>>67344711
who cares about health? sports are entertainment, if someone on roids can perform better and entertain better i don't see where the problem is
they're the ones sacrificing their health for their sport, which is pretty based in many ways
>>
>>67344817
that would make it more fair than just being born with the genetics tbqh
>>
>>67344689
ignorance
>>
>>67344834
Not very nice situation for the sports star tho
>Empathy

I have no doubt PEDs are used in almost all sports i just wish system was more open. Doenst stop me from.enjoying it just makes me question more

For the record I have a strong feeling that many of the Leicester players and Atleti players use PEDs this season.
>>
>>67344689

Think about it, I could beat Lebron at his own game if I roided.

How is that fair for Lebron?
>>
File: 1460295987964.png (194 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
1460295987964.png
194 KB, 600x550
>>67345331
>I could beat Lebron at his own game if I roided.

lovely post
>>
>>67345331
>implying
>>
>>67345331
What's your height and poundage breh?
>>
File: 1456956541562.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1456956541562.gif
2 MB, 480x360
I get why people are against them, but I certainly don't get this comically hypocritical system where using PEDs is the worst thing in the word, but the VAST majority of professional athletes are on them.

Just fuck off and make them legal, they are going to use them no matter what, drop the morality bullshit its all an act.
>>
>>67345331
>[doubt].jpg
>>
>>67345426
>Just fuck off and make them legal
>posts that image

Thought I was on /tv/ for a second.
>>
>>67344689
let's see about the current use of PED's and stuff:
>most athletes are on PED's, enhancing their levels to a 'natural value' ie a level that is obtained naturally by the genetically lucky, meaning they cannot be caught by testing hormone levels
>some scientists have predicated that you have a 2.9% chance of being caught on a drug test while using PED's.
>negligible health risks if using PED's within the earlier mentioned 'natural levels'
>the problems arise when for example, EPO is used to boost PCV (packed cell volume) above 0.5, leading to 9x risk of heart disease and 3x risk of strokes, why heart problems are so prelevant among cyclists and sudden deaths in their sleep
>some people naturally have this level due to genetics, while using oxygen chambers or high altitude training replicates the exact effects of EPO with the exact same health risks, but at a huge cost in comparison while being entirely legal.
>high levels of test can fuck you up in the long run, but statisically nobody has ever died from anabolic steroid usage, as their deaths are the results of heart defects (basically any heart problems or family history of do not use roids) or reactions from bodybuilders using 7-8 drugs in tandem.
Why people don't like PED's:
>muh enhanced athletes
every athlete is enhanced to fuck already, painkillers etc and a massive amount of athletes have got laser eye surgery, if that isn't enhancement I don't have a fucking clue what is
>more injuries
most ped's prevent injuries, not cause them. roids have a long term positive effect on injuries and recovery, and allow you to train harder for longer.
>muh health reasons
as mentioned, as long as only boosting hormone and other levels up to a certain amount, health risks are negligible, arguably lower them as mentioned in the injury section
source: wrote my dissertation on ethics of performance enhancing drugs
>>
>>67345863
>most ped's prevent injuries, not cause them. roids have a long term positive effect on injuries and recovery, and allow you to train harder for longer.

DEFINITION OF DOPING HERE M8
>>
>>67345863
Basically people need to drop the Santa Claus bullshit and accept that 99% of pros use some type of PED
>>
Because its a huge advantage and really bad for you. A player shouldn't have to shrink his nuts to get good
>>
Baseball is unwatchable post steroid era. It was barely watchable before so maybe that's not fair to say.
>>
>>67345952
your point being? I can find no way of arguing that long term prevention of injuries and allowing better training is in any way a bad thing
>>
>>67345863
insulin could be used as a PED. Bodybuilders do it.
It's risky af.
>>
Biggest problem with PEDs is the trickle-down effect. If professionals were the only ones doing them, it would not be a problem: they are getting paid millions, if they don't wanna do drugs, they can find someone who will. However, most amateurs dream of being professionals as well. College and high school childrens with dreams of making the big leagues will fuck their shit up big time and possibly get absolutely nothing in return.
>>
Sports should be won through honest training and competition. They should not be won by fucking nerds in a lab finding ways to turn you superhuman
>>
>>67346203
99.9% of those kids never make any money playing
>>
>>67346257
A lot of things shouldnt be the way they are, but they are.
>>
>>67346063
Yeah, suicidal bodybuilders who have no regard for their health use it to try and drop a percent of bodyfat. if we where to use PED's it would be within a framework that is detectable (ie, set a top limit on an athletes test levels that is safe for them) and medically acceptable. this is the only logical way to proceed, but too many other influences such as america's war on drugs are in the way
>>
>>67345968
There's a lot of interest for keeping this way.

I can contribute by telling the story of a cyclist here in Italy.

He literally had to run for some hours before going to sleep beacuse his blood was too cluttered due to EPO.

He's Mario Cipollini
>>
>>67346313
Precisely. But how many of them will realise that and not take PEDs?
>>
>>67345863
>most athletes are on PED's, enhancing their levels to a 'natural value' ie a level that is obtained naturally by the genetically lucky, meaning they cannot be caught by testing hormone levels
wrong
there is literally no point in juicing up if you aren't going to go the whole hog. It shuts down all your natty test production while you're pinning anyway, so there is absolutely no reason not to pin 500mg test-E instead of, say, 150.
>>
>>67346327
Doesn't mean they have to be. We can stop PEDs
>>
>>67346585
And yes, any external test can be detected. There are PEDs that can't be detected, but test, for example, is definitely visible. You aren't going to stay in a natty range if you're pinning
>>
>>67346611
>We can stop PEDs
why should we?
>>
>>67346807
It's dangerous and gives an unfair advantage to people who use them
>>
>>67346611
Nice idealism bro.

99% of pro athletes are on something
>>
>>67346880
>It's dangerous
if used improperly, yes. Like anything.
>gives an unfair advantage to people who use them
it isn't really unfair though. Taking blood doping as an example, where do you draw the line? Is sleeping in an altitude chamber every night any different from going up into the mountains for a few weeks and blood doping?
>>
>>67346332
anti-doping won't stop existing either way.
I agree it's futile to control testosterone doping, since safe levels far exceed natural levels, but what about cutting agents like DNP? What about trenbolone, a steroid made for cattle? What about oral steroids like dianabol, which fucks your liver? Some stuff isn't safe and can improve performance drastically.
>>
>>67346585
Doesn't shut it down entirely, and these guys are low bodyfat and exercising regularly, and more than likely have fairly high levels anyway. They will have regular blood tests to determine levels, and maintain right at the upper limit so no flags are triggered, and it's got a timeframe of visibility, meaning there are always ways around detection.most of the sports that require test levels to be right at the upper limit have short competition windows, so most of them go off test during competition to further lower the risk of detection.
>>67346611
literally impossible unless you want to restrict individual freedom even more. i'm not 100% on every countries laws but WADA's anti-doping laws actually violate laws in the US in their application, requiring athletes to be available nearly 24/7, log their wareabouts and be tested as many times as they like. prisoners in the UK actually have more freedom than some athletes during competitions yet there is no-one really questioning it
>>
>>67347036
It is dangerous. It has severe long term side effects

>it isn't really unfair though.
>Builds muscle faster and gets more power and endurance
>Not an advantage against someone who trains more

So if it doesn't give an advantage why is it banned literally in all sports?
>>
>>67344689
It upsets the competitive dynamic in sports, it's unnatural and therefore performances aided by it are unimpressive.
>>
>>67344689

Allowing them would create a monstrosity where athletes were injecting themselves with massive quantities of crazy shit on the reg.

It would turn into a crazy and emotional freakshow, and promote drug use to the general public.
>>
>>67345331
>beating leGOD
>>
Britbro only one here who isnt totally retarded.

Ppl against them due to stigma. Not science.

Im only against steroids in contact or combat sports (boxing, mma, football, hockey). You have a chance to seriously injure someone for life in those sports.
>>
>>67347059
most of these drugs have basically 0 application in any sport:
>tren
fucks with your head, and fucking with your head is something that isn't ok in most team sports.
>dnp
hahahaha if you want to die do it, sure why not. only used by someone who wants to get to lower single digits BF% and this is not necessary, even harmful in most sports.
>oral steroids
if you want nearly no health benefits and massive health risks ok sure
Basically the stuff you've listed has minimal benefits for huge health risks. the main drugs used have minimal health risks if used in dosages that I mentioned earlier and provide huge advantages compared to any of your bodybuilder drugs. remember kiddies, this is /sp/ not /fit/ and being 280lb 6% BF is actually incredibly bad for sports
>>
>>67344689
I like to watch humans play a game. I don't like watching video game characters hit 600 foot home runs and tear a ligament jogging around the bases because their body can't handle their 260 pounds of muscle frame
>>
>>67347155
The drugs that are mainly used have no harmful long term sides within certain limits, and some people have genetic advantages that allow them access to these benefits without the drugs. example is HGH, a drug with essentially 0 side effects, and is banned. HGH will reduce injury, allow more effective recovery from injury, slight strength gains and lowers bf % slightly. you can call it performance enhancing all you want but preventing and allowing injury recovery would allow sport to be better in my eyes, not worse.
>>
Unless you want half of athletes in every sport dropping dead you need some regulation anyway which makes it useless in the first place.

Also it turns sports from human competition to drug competition and in the end football wouldn't differ from formula where the team with the best equipment wins.
>>
>>67347632
unlike athletics now, which is a test of who has the best genetics and who has the best ability to not be caught trying to pump themselves above the level of the one with the best genetics
>>
>>67347354
>hey guys, i went to /fit/ and now i feel like im a scientist :DDD
>>
>>67347823
...Which isn't a reason to take a turn to even worse.
>>
>>67347887
I wrote a dissertation on the subject, unlike most of 4chan I have knowledge of the subject i'm talking about you moron
>>
>>67345402

6'1, 195.

using PEDs not only I'm going to run circles around Lebron, I'd dunk on him on every drive.

Tell me how could you rationalize this form of cheating?
>>
File: 1457287754321.jpg (123 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
1457287754321.jpg
123 KB, 367x451
>>67350455
HAHAHHAHHAJAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

HAHAHHAHHHA

HAHAH

Ha
>>
>>67345331
Ronnie Coleman should play ball then
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.